Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval (18454 Views)

6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2015
Haaa
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by cutestcee: 9:35am On Sep 04, 2015
All these talks trying to cover up won't have been necessary if Buhari is performing.
I believe they are just just trying to[/s]confuse[s] convince us that he is doing well even when the truth is glaring that Nigeria has entered one-chance

2 Likes

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Leyemoshood: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by NobleAky(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Let's get it right here both supporters of the last administration headed by GEJ and the current administration headed by PMB..when an issue such as this is raised please read and digest it very well before saying something! At times we might out of sheer likeness or hatred failed to discern an issue that is of national interest in a bid to protect or attack our various personalities.
The case here is very important considering the fact that there is a betrayal of an agreed work plan...there is no hard deal in looking at the detail of the write up and make up a suggestive ideas...PMB can flop as a person and it is the duty of us all to correct him where he goes wrong!
I don't want to believe if PMB saw the paper or not but from what i read here it is ideal for the president to follow the work plans since time is assigned to it and with that we can check how long we have gone

1 Like

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Bevista: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Richie0974:
So PMB heard about the publication but didn't Deny it until it was just few days to the 100 days
The Chatham House interview where he denied the "100 days" agenda was actually before the elections and not few days ago.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by smsdigito: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2015
Confused state.
[url]talkinfotech.com[/url]
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by ajepako(f): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2015
APC in denial...

1 Like

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by dougivilla(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2015
I hope we will not hear tomorrow that PMB did not declare his assets, it was the party that conjured up those assets and figures? What a Party and people?

Who say OLD MAN NO DEY LIE? FOR APC?? Make I hear am!

3 Likes

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by dougivilla(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2015
I have said this before and am saying it again. APC (PMB/Shehu Garba/LAi Mohammed/Adesina etc) has deceived Nigerians by denying campaign promises upon which they rode to power. We have to forgive them, but demand that the tell us what they plan to do now.

This must be written (both on APC letterhead and that of the FG) and signed by all the aforementioned with Oyegun and Osibanjo as witness to forestall further denials.

We have had enough of ''body language'' achievements, that require epistles by some change chanting APC supporters to list and explain to us (like say na second semester exams). Nigerians are finding it difficult to understand if these achievements they talk about are taking place in their country or neighboring Ghana.

Which way Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by olalat(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Wc nigerians are talking abt, i guess the set of pple dt are perpetua5 saddist, who did nt vote for him nd yet d first to set agenda. Who fail to c any good wats good. Criticizing without reason. I voted him nd will vote him over again.
g4everybody:
Who are these peopel deceiving, do they think Nigerians are fools, did Buhari become president individually or through his party. All through the campaign, Garba shehu who was the presidential campaign spokeman never deny any of these document. How come they are denying it after they have won election. OR is Buhari trying to tell us that his party is filled with fraudsters and liers. Anyway, Nigerians are beginning to know the kind of change they voted for
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2015
The scammer should be arrested.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by talktimi(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2015
CHOI !!!! grin you go fear damage control na lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Bjergtrolde: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2015
koboko69:
The draft of “My 100 Days Covenant with Nigerians” accidentally went viral in January before the policy and research directorate of the APC presidential campaign organisation had discussed it, TheCable can report.

However, TheCable can also report that while it is true that Candidate Muhammadu Buhari did not see or approve of the “100 Days” document, campaign insiders insist that he saw the second document, “My Covenant with Nigerians”, contrary to claims by his media office.

The first document puts timelines to promises to be fulfilled within Buhari’s first 100 days in office, but the second document contains only milestones without specific dates.

It would appear Buhari’s grouse is with the one that has timelines, but his media team has denied both documents.

A member of the policy support group — a body of intellectuals sympathetic to Buhari’s cause — had originated the idea of condensing all the campaign promises into an easily readable and digestible document. The volunteer, a political scientist who holds a PhD and once lectured at Canadian and American universities, developed the outline of the document, spicing it with his own ideas of how the APC presidential candidate could align with the hopes and aspirations of Nigerians and appeal to the electorate.

The man behind the idea, who is well known in the Nigerian civil society circles, was one of the several intellectuals who worked day and night behind the scene to promote the candidature of Buhari. Having sketched the outline of the document, he sent electronic copies to members of the APC policy and research directorate for further discussion, inputs and adoption — ahead of a final presentation to Buhari for approval.

GONE VIRAL

TheCable understands, however, that a member of the directorate, a medical doctor and politician from the south-west, sent the document to his friends who then published it on the internet before it had even been discussed or approved. All efforts to recall the document failed as it had gone viral, with thousands of

Buhari’s supporters instantly sharing it on Facebook, blogs and Twitter. The following day, traditional newspapers picked it up and gave it wider publicity — but there was no rebuttal from the campaign organisation as the document became an instant hit. It was believed to have won a lot of supporters and admirers for Buhari, especially on the aspect of publishing his assets and encouraging all would-be appointees to follow suit.

His opponent, President Goodluck Jonathan, had refused to make his assets public, famously saying in a TV interview that he did not give a “damn” about the criticisms against his stand.

Thereafter, the APC policy directorate, headed by Kayode Fayemi, former governor of Ekiti state, developed a different document, “My Covenant with Nigerians”, which it passed on to Buhari for approval.

“The second document prepared by the committee aligned more with the party manifesto but there was no timeline attached to it. It was well received by Buhari who read through it and made comments and corrections,” a member of the campaign team told TheCable.

The document was then produced in pamphlets and distributed at the venues of the town hall meetings held by Buhari across the country — and there was no objection from the candidate or members of the party hierarchy and the campaign organisation.

NOT MY WILL

Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, was the first to hint that Buhari was not on the same page with his party on the documents.

“You need to get his words right, go and check all that the president said during the campaign, in no place would you see it attributed to him as a person [as promising to publish his assets],” Adesina said in a recent interview, sparking off debate in the media. “But then there is a document by his party, the All Progressives Congress, saying he would declare publicly, so we need to set that right, it’s a declaration by his party.” Garba Shehu, senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, has now denied outright that Buhari saw either of the documents, blaming it on “too many communication centres” during the campaign, some of which he said were “on the loose”. “As the director, media and communications of that campaign, I was responsible for internal and external communications and these so-called documents that were flying around didn’t have my signature,” Shehu said. “I didn’t fund them and I didn’t authorise them.

From what President Buhari himself had said at Chatham House (on February 26, 2015), he had no iota or knowledge of those documents. So, people cannot hold him to account on something to which he did not commit himself.” TheCable understands some of the people who worked for Buhari during the campaign are unhappy with their “public execution” by the presidential spokesmen. “To describe people who toiled tirelessly and selflessly for the campaign as being ‘on the loose’ is most uncharitable and very unfair,” one of them told TheCable.

“This is not how to reward people who did not collect one kobo, people who paid their way to the country from Europe and from the US to work for Buhari. You should have seen people working day and night simply because they believed it was time for change in Nigeria.”

WHAT BUHARI SAID AT CHATHAM HOUSE

Buhari had said at the Chatham House while responding to a question on his first 100 days in office: “The second [question]: high expectations and what to do with the first 100 days. Yes, I respect that question because quietly I was thinking about these high expectations. Those who are following the trail of our campaigns can see how people are turning out, some becoming emotional and crying. “I am really getting scared that if I get there they will expect miracles within the next week or months. That would be very dicey handling that one. I think we have to have a deliberate campaign to temper high expectations with some reasonableness on the part of those who are expecting miracles to happen. “Just to go first to the ‘first 100 days’, some of it is fraudulent and I don’t want to participate in any fraud in any form. Nigerians know that we are in trouble as a people and as a country. When we get there we will quickly get correct intelligence of what is on the ground and inform Nigerians and just learn what I have just read. “We will make sure that the misappropriation and misapplication of public resources will not be allowed. You would be surprised by how much savings we will realize. That saving will be ploughed back into development and this is what I can promise. But I would remove that ‘100 days’”

https://www.thecable.ng/insider-100-days-covenant-nigerians-went-viral-without-buharis-approval

Its his party's manifesto so they should shut up.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Gegz(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
fitzmayowa:
The media handlers of PMB are doing a bad job here, they are the one's putting PMB out there to be attacked...

lai mohammed should also be cautioned anytime he speaks he puts PMB in a spot he shouldn't be, as it is lai mohammed and PMB's media team are not doing their job properly...IMO

I very well concur with u chief
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by bsmithconcepts1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
laserjet:
For the first time since 2007, as a Nigerian, I can say I AM PROUD OF MY PRESIDENT.
Because since 2007 you have never been a citizen, government will never bring the change you desire if you as a citizen does not implement it in your patriotic duty.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by laserjet: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
bsmithconcepts1:

Because since 2007 you have never been a citizen, government will never bring the change you desire if you as a citizen does not implement it in your patriotic duty.

I don't get you ?undecided

What does patriotic duty has to with appreciating my President for the first time?
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by eliteperfume(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
Okay!

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
changing the goal post again....
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by BushidoBlue(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
For a party that made good use of media during campaigns, this is a terrible attempt to make a good second impression after 100 days of governance.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by BushidoBlue(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
For a party that made good use of media during campaigns, this is a terrible attempt to make a good second impression after 100 days of governance.
Wait isn't this September? Where are our ministers sef?
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Mcowubaba: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
Millions are not proud to have Buhari as their President.....nd vice versa
laserjet:
For the first time since 2007, as a Nigerian, I can say I AM PROUD OF MY PRESIDENT.
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Eluwilussit(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
olalat:
Wc nigerians are talking abt, i guess the set of pple dt are perpetua5 saddist, who did nt vote for him nd yet d first to set agenda. Who fail to c any good wats good. Criticizing without reason. I voted him nd will vote him over again.

Stop being silly. If I may ask you, on what promises did Buhari run his campaign? APC is denying everything. Really? When they were chanting change, what did they mean? Buhari/APC for Jonah/PDP?

Oya now, tell us what Bubu promised us during his campaign. We have to start holding our politicians to their promises. That's called accountability. No wonder we are where we are today.

Do you mean he had no agenda? Political agenda are promises to the people. Get that!
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by g4everybody(m): 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
olalat:

First to set agenda? Are u confused, they made promises and so many Nigerians embrased it, all we are asking is for him to fulfil his promises he made and stop the denial
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by olalat(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
And u want him to turn nigeria to paris within 3 mnths abi. U people are jst unreasonably mischevious. U forget so quick jonathan was borrowg monew to pay workers before he left. U did nt vote buhari, stop bad blood. Even if he had promised that, did u people blv in him? The ans is no. So spare us or nobody tk u serious.
Eluwilussit:

Stop being silly. If I may ask you, on what promises did Buhari run his campaign? APC is denying everything. Really? When they were chanting change, what did they mean? Buhari/APC for Jonah/PDP?

Oya now, tell us what Bubu promised us during his campaign. We have to start holding our politicians to their promises. That's called accountability. No wonder we are where we are today.

Do you mean he had no agenda? Political agenda are promises to the people. Get that!
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Eluwilussit(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
olalat:
And u want him to turn nigeria to paris within 3 mnths abi. U people are jst unreasonably mischevious. U forget so quick jonathan was borrowg monew to pay workers before he left. U did nt vote buhari, stop bad blood. Even if he had promised that, did u people blv in him? The ans is no. So spare us or nobody tk u serious.

You are carrying on as if you single handedly made Buhari the president. Who are you people? Anyone who shows some form of dissent is an enemy. Really?

We all know that Buhari and APC will never be able to achieve half of what they were pretending to promise us. Only idiiots believed them. I knew from the go, that it wasn't possible. I also know why?

That the past administrations wasted our resources are not in doubt at all. We all agreed on that. APC and Buhari saw this and decided to step in and put things right. Nigerians voted for Buhari and APC because of the promises they made. They appealed to the masses and promised them change. If we are still talking about Jonah and the past, after winning the elections, then what was the reason behind APC/Buhari campaign promises? Scam?

You see, people's words are more important than their names. A name is only as good as the word of the person behind the name. You make name by words and actions. Even in the book of psalms 138:2, God exalted His word above his name. Think about it.

I don't expect Bubu to have achieved any of his campaign promises in three months. I am not that silly. Nevertheless, one would expect APC and Buhari to stand by their words and promises. All we need is a master plan of how they intend to achieve every reasonable promise they made. I am not talking about $1=#1 or sanitizing and stabilizing the global oil market. Not at all. But the promises made directly to the masses must not be denied. They appealed to the emotions of the masses and rode to victory through the masses, so it is unjust to brazenly deny all of the promises.

Like I asked you before, if they didn't make those promises, what did they tell Nigerians? Change? From what to what? Please, stop being unpatriotic. We all need a good govt. but a govt who can't stand by their campaign promises is a fraudulent govt and has no moral basis to probe anyone.

Let me make it clear to you, the last time I voted was in 1999. This is due to some conditions beyond my control. It doesn't by any means mean that I have stopped loving my country or believing in it. I do. It takes a lot more to make someone who attended a unity school in the 80's to stop believing in Nigeria. So quit acting like you are more Nigerian than anyone who does not agree with you, Bubu and APC.

From North to South, East to West, we are all Nigerians. Nobody owns the country more than others.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am getting ready for tomorrow EPL. So it is always fun to get to Friday. In other words, TGIF! grin grin grin
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by olalat(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Poor u! So u did nt even vote nd keep on playing spoij game. Nawa for u pple oo. Ur lks are many here making unreasonable noise all over internet. Come guy, to me, buhari promised 3 fundamental things wc made me voted him. Security, job nd corruption. And i can see hes makg progress on them bt people whose mind had bn conditioned to criticisg as if its d best they can offer d nation will never c anytin good in it. Being a senseless critic does nt mk u a patriot ok. The patriots are in sambisa put their life on line. Engage urself in smtin more productive, idiotic criticism arent job.
Eluwilussit:

You are carrying on as if you single handedly made Buhari the president. Who are you people? Anyone who shows some form of dissent is an enemy. Really?

We all know that Buhari and APC will never be able to achieve half of what they were pretending to promise us. Only idiiots believed them. I knew from the go, that it wasn't possible. I also know why?

That the past administrations wasted our resources are not in doubt at all. We all agreed on that. APC and Buhari saw this and decided to step in and put things right. Nigerians voted for Buhari and APC because of the promises they made. They appealed to the masses and promised them change. If we are still talking about Jonah and the past, after winning the elections, then what was the reason behind APC/Buhari campaign promises? Scam?

You see, people's words are more important than their names. A name is only as good as the word of the person behind the name. You make name by words and actions. Even in the book of psalms 138:2, God exalted His word above his name. Think about it.

I don't expect Bubu to have achieved any of his campaign promises in three months. I am not that silly. Nevertheless, one would expect APC and Buhari to stand by their words and promises. All we need is a master plan of how they intend to achieve every reasonable promise they made. I am not talking about $1=#1 or sanitizing and stabilizing the global oil market. Not at all. But the promises made directly to the masses must not be denied. They appealed to the emotions of the masses and rode to victory through the masses, so it is unjust to brazenly deny all of the promises.

Like I asked you before, if they didn't make those promises, what did they tell Nigerians? Change? From what to what? Please, stop being unpatriotic. We all need a good govt. but a govt who can't stand by their campaign promises is a fraudulent govt and has no moral basis to probe anyone.

Let me make it clear to you, the last time I voted was in 1999. This is due to some conditions beyond my control. It doesn't by any means mean that I have stopped loving my country or believing in it. I do. It takes a lot more to make someone who attended a unity school in the 80's to stop believing in Nigeria. So quit acting like you are more Nigerian than anyone who does not agree with you, Bubu and APC.

From North to South, East to West, we are all Nigerians. Nobody owns the country more than others.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am getting ready for tomorrow EPL. So it is always fun to get to Friday. In other words, TGIF! grin grin grin
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Eluwilussit(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
olalat:
Poor u! So u did nt even vote nd keep on playing spoij game. Nawa for u pple oo. Ur lks are many here making unreasonable noise all over internet. Come guy, to me, buhari promised 3 fundamental things wc made me voted him. Security, job nd corruption. And i can see hes makg progress on them bt people whose mind had bn conditioned to criticisg as if its d best they can offer d nation will never c anytin good in it. Being a senseless critic does nt mk u a patriot ok. The patriots are in sambisa put their life on line. Engage urself in smtin more productive, idiotic criticism arent job.

Just because you voted for him based on those three things, doesn't mean that the rest of the people voted for the same reason. We will know how far, when the time comes.

Thanks for the advice. Lemme engage myself with something useful. Lol. If you like sleep here, dat one concern you. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by Rizstar: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
well let's see

Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by mooremedia: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Mutuwa:

the media houses of nowadays are as confused as a mouse in a female hostel
Please this idiom carries some real weight o. ....What do you really mean
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by mooremedia: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Mutuwa:

the media houses of nowadays are as confused as a mouse in a female hostel
Wooow this idiom carries some real weight o. ....What do you really mean
Re: How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval by olalat(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Those were the fundamentals of his campaigns. Those ones u people hold like life nd death concern you all. He still has 36 months left to use in his tenure. Take heart guy.
Eluwilussit:

Just because you voted for him based on those three things, doesn't mean that the rest of the people voted for the same reason. We will know how far, when the time comes.

Thanks for the advice. Lemme engage myself with something useful. Lol. If you like sleep here, dat one concern you. cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate President Lawan Reveals When Buhari Will Submit Ministerial List / PDP Presidential Primary: Oyo And SW Delegates Will Vote For Wike - Seyi Makinde / Edo Election Holds On Saturday - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.