Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't (887 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / When Ur Girlfriend Start Losing Interest In U, Dump Her First / See What Will Happen When U Dump A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by onemorepls(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Would you dump the girl/man you love and want to marry because your mom said she or he is not a wife/husband material?

For me i will, cause my mom is a good judge of character, there must have been something she saw that made her to say so
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Excelboi(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes, i will leave the lady. I respect my mother wish so much and she must have a good reason on why she reject the lady...
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Hazardd(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well sha, its complicated... I will first know the reason why she didn't like her and reason it with her then decide it within my self
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by lekjons(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
yes, but not because she said so, but if it seems to be true!

2 Likes

Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
The Objection Of Mother Sometimes Not To Marry The one You Love Could Be Regretable In The Future.

1 Like

Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by lordtosan(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
I will dump any girl my mum doesn't love and approve of. Mum must have seen something in her that would destroy me in the future which i am not seeing because i'm in love. Love can be blind. so, we need a third party who is not blind to help us. And mothers are the best third party.

Like a sage once said:
"if you love Alice, you are no judge of her"

Here is a song by lucky dube that always get me thinking about rushing into marriage because of the feeling called 'love':

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN LYRICS

I remember the day I called mama on the telephone
I told her mama I' m getting married
I could hear her voice on the other side
Of the telephone she was smiling
And she asked me a question
That I proudly answered
She said son did you take time
To know her?
I said mama she is the best
But today it hurts me so to go back to
Mama and say
Mama I' m getting divorced oh
I' m getting divorced
The choice I made didn' t work out the way
I thought it would
This choice I made it hurts me so mama
This choice I made didn' t work out the
Way I thought it would
This choice of mine oh....
Mama said to me

Chorus (x2)
It' s not easy to understand it son
But I hope you' ll make it
You' ll be happy again

I remember in church when the preacherman
Read the scriptures
You looked so beautiful, so beautiful
And so innocent
I did not know that behind that beauty
Lies the true colours that will destroy me
In the near future
This choice I made didn' t work out to be
What I thought it would be
Oh mama this choice I made
Didn' t work out the way I thought it would
Now I' m hurting
I remember when I held you by the hand

Preacherman read the scriptures
Putting words in your mouth
Maybe what the preacherman said
Was not something that was within you
Now I know what they mean when
They say

Beautiful woman
Is another man' s plaything
Oh Lord I' m hurting now
This choice I made didn' t work out the way
I thought it would
This choice of mine oh
mama said to me
it's not easy to understand it son
but i hope you'll make it
you'll be happy again.
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by ogeoflyf(f): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
yes after she gives me "a very good reason" why. undecided
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by onemorepls(m): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=lordtosan post=37641380]I will dump any girl my mum doesn't love and approve of. Mum must have seen something in her that would destroy me in the future which i am not seeing because i'm in love. Love can be blind. so, we need a third party who is not blind to help us. And mothers are the best third party.

Like a sage once said:
"if you love Alice, you are no judge of her"

Here is a song by lucky dube that always get me thinking about rushing into marriage because of the feeling called 'love':

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN LYRICS

I remember the day I called mama on the telephone
I told her mama I' m getting married
I could hear her voice on the other side
Of the telephone she was smiling
And she asked me a question
That I proudly answered
She said son did you take time
To know her?
I said mama she is the best
But today it hurts me so to go back to
Mama and say
Mama I' m getting divorced oh
I' m getting divorced
The choice I made didn' t work out the way
I thought it would
This choice I made it hurts me so mama
This choice I made didn' t work out the
Way I thought it would
This choice of mine oh....
Mama said to me

Chorus (x2)
It' s not easy to understand it son
But I hope you' ll make it
You' ll be happy again

I remember in church when the preacherman
Read the scriptures
You looked so beautiful, so beautiful
And so innocent
I did not know that behind that beauty
Lies the true colours that will destroy me
In the near future
This choice I made didn' t work out to be
What I thought it would be
Oh mama this choice I made
Didn' t work out the way I thought it would
Now I' m hurting
I remember when I held you by the hand

Preacherman read the scriptures
Putting words in your mouth
Maybe what the preacherman said
Was not something that was within you
Now I know what they mean when
They say

Beautiful woman
Is another man' s plaything
Oh Lord I' m hurting now

that's my best lucky song, each time i play that song it makes me wonder deep in my heart
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Aieboocaar(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
just incase
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Infomizer(m): 6:15am On Sep 04, 2015
No. But..

1 Like

Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 04, 2015
I think anyone that says yes is not man enough to make their own judgments/decisions, let alone get married. Might as well return to the womb because even the sharpest of minds have not created a machine that can accurately detect someone's character. Plus the world doesn't need any more lily hearted "men" grin Mothers are humans too & there's always room for error. Mama must have a checkered past of mistakes she has made due to poor judgment & suddenly she's now the judge, executioner & jury on human nature? Nah. It's better to cut the apron strings & let your children learn from their own mistakes. It makes them wiser. Mothers that are controlling like that are what ruin any good chances of their children from finding love. Always meddling & living through their children. If she's this good judge of character then my next question is, how's the old man doing? grin

1 Like

Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by lilee2hot(f): 6:12am On Sep 05, 2015
Infomizer:
No. But..
But what??
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by DrGroove(f): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2015
Immediately, without 2nd thought. I can't disobey or have problems with the only person in the whole world who sincerely n truly loves n cares about me because of a strange man
Re: Would U Dump The Girl/man U Love Cause U Mom Doesn't by dmcdad: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2015
Well... Its not as easy as it seems.

For me, that which my mother would have seen, would have been very noticeable to me. Although it is agreeable that when you are in love, you are not or shouldn't be the best judge as your mind and heart may have been beclouded.

But if you ask me, as good and as sensitive my mom is, I think I would even know before she knows. Maybe because I am super-sensitive myself, and one of the first things I check when getting to know someone new is if she is a wife material or a material from Tejuosho market. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Love is not blind, it sees but doesn't mind. I love you doesn't mean I am blind to your faults and the misdemeanour you exhibits every now and then. It just means I overlook them. But then, talking about being a wife material is not something one gives a blind eye. It must have been obvious, but the problem lies with our young ones today who rather wave the glaring facts away and choose to be blind about them.

As much as we ought to love, there is need also to be realistic with ourselves. Guy, no talk say she too fine, so you no fit leave her. Gladly leave her for even someone less beautiful, who would bring you more fulfilment. In the long run you would know beauty doesn't sustain a marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Why Men Sleep After Sex [must Read]... / I Chanced On This Very Wicked Prayer!!!!! / Adise Please : My Friend Ex Girlfriend Wants Me To Date Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.