Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 PM

Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? (35654 Views)

Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / What Are The Highest Paying Federal Government Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by IYANGBALI: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
MuhdG:
What if the toto im get na ur sister or mother own?
no problem,he even fit be your,daughter, wife or mama own self grin
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by SpotlezDonald25(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Be contented with what you have!
Stick with ur current Job, and pay for ur promotions.

#itspotlez
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by skelewu404(m): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:
Go for lecturing... And if there is any slot for jobs just lemme know... You've got ample opportunities lingering around u and I've been a graduate since 2013 and no job. Its not fair oh.
did u even read the story

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by IYANGBALI: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
MISSNORA:
bad boy... Go jor
take the guy go for treatment o,if not your toto no go dey belleful o
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by IYANGBALI: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

Well trust me babes are cheap these days as long as you have a car to drive...you don't have to even buy anything for the girl..

You nko? You no answer me? If the Op wan yansh u nko? U go say no? Remember he is a big boy in civil service
big booy with a 5 year old boy preek,me na horse I dey fok
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Greycious(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
just observing
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Osisie(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
mrphysics:
God, I almost made FTC, I pray even as it pays ntn to d Dere, Holy Father just help me to b there so dat INTROVERT ND HER RELATIONS WILL KNOW DAT what dey can do, I can also do it in Jesus Name.... Amen:::::::::::::: @ op Go for University job, u will hav more time, better future nd job security Dere. remember BUHARI z in office so dey z no more awoof in d Federal works job. tink well brother, if I grow up I will like to b like u.

This poster is high on some holy weed... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Plus, he's probably unemployed lipsrsealed
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Amalision: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Since u said its non academic job i strogly suggest u remain with federal ministry of work then get promoted to GL10 next year. I believe strongly that if u play your card very well via knowing&getting other educational qualification&professional qualification e.g. COREN membership or others that directly relate to your department,u can be the director in that ministry one day. compare it to starting again from GL09 in the university. if it was a lecturing job i would recomend u quit your current job if only u have a masters degre with a GP of 4.0 which will take u to Ph.D assuming all d university in Nigeria complied with the current NUC guidelines. In d absence of these criteria please remain with federal ministry of work and work for career progression. May our good GOD guide your thought as u take a decision that will benefit u in the long run
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Besto(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

He couldn't have achieved all that with his salary
oyel dey head.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Besto:

oyel dey my head.

Dumbo. I don't have your time today.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
IYANGBALI:
big booy with a 5 year old boy preek,me na horse I dey fok

God you are too raw.... I can't condescend further......

People like you by the way are all mouth no action... I know your type...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Osisie(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
SpotlezDonald25:
Be contented with what you have!
Stick with ur current Job, and pay for ur promotions.

#itspotlez

U're the "stay safe" "play safe", "don't take a risk" kinda guy.

@op, explore. Take risks. Do something differently if u want a different result. Whichever moves u closer to ur dreams.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by IYANGBALI: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

God you are too raw.... I can't condescend further......

People like you by the way are all mouth no action... I know your type...

na Godu win
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Besto(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

Dumbo. I don't have your time today.

dat actually meant "u said the perfect word".. take ur time to read through before insulting people you don't know.

oyel in the head actually means brilliance.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by micgray100(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Taking a choice in this situation is very difficult.. I am a civil engineer also and work with a Federal tertiary institution in there Works and Maintenance service department.let me highlight the good and the bad for you...

1, As a non-academic staff in a tertiary institution, you are already a second class staff in the institution, for example, if academic staffs are going on foreign trainings, you as a non-academic will be restricted to only local training..

2, the salary structure even as a non academic staff in a tertiary institution is better than ministry of works where u are..

3, looking at a possibility of getting to the level of a director in the ministry and the money it will later carry in the office is far better than any Head of works in a tertiary university...

4, Ministry of works deals with majorly highway/ roads, which is just a branch of civil engineering, though have high contract sum. But in works department, you will be engaged in all area of civil engineering which include road rehabilitation.

5, working in a university environment will make you advance your study which the other will not..

In all, if I were you, I will stick to my present job which I am a first class citizen, Than any second class citizen of any federal university...

To be safe as a civil engineer, is better you be on your own by registering your own limits Liability company which I do for just 55k .... See link.https://www.nairaland.com/2472890/registration-company-cac-just-n55000.00

BUT YOU MUST HAVE ENOUGH EXPERIENCE AND FINANCIAL STRENGTH FROM YOUR CIVIL ENGINEERING WORK..
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by omokab: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
To be sincere with you the two jobs are good. But I will advice you to go with federal university job as a non teaching staff. The benefits are are far better than federal ministry of works. Federal university pays with CONTISS which is far better than what federal ministry pays. If you want to continue your study,you will pay half of your school fees as a staff of the university. When your children get admission you will be paying half of the school fees and some other benefit you might not know for now. Also, if you are interested in lecturing you can easily cross than someone from outside. Just my advice.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Roseey0(f): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Take that of the university.
It will give you ample time to do personal businesses and at the same time eat govt money by writing, if you know what I mean.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by luthorcorp: 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chinaimporter:
As a civil engineer that have been working for a long time,i will advise you that it is time for you to stop working for others and let your money work for you....invest in snake farming buizness and see how much you will make in a very short time....just quit your job and build a suitable snake house and then go to bauchi and catch many snakes especially vipers,black adder and african spitting cobra, farm them and let them grow and produce venomious offspring..u dont need an insurance because no armed robber or theif will visit your place...pm me for details on how to monetize the snakes
this guy could kill seun if he gets ahold of him,beware
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by luthorcorp: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
depend ms on the level you are gonna start with at the uni and your current age matters too
before you consider the old age issurance
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Besto:

dat actually meant "u said the perfect word".. take ur time to read through before insulting people you don't know.

oyel in the head actually means brilliance.

I am sorry o. My pidgin English is a bit shaky
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by tonero230(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by olabent85(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
I'll advise you to stay put at the Ministry. Co's you gonna have a lot of opportunities in terms of training, exposure, projects and people plus connection and also the university is no good idea for you only few projects and who know if you become a director in the ministry you can't compare it with the university and also you get to supervise more projects in the Ministry than the uni. Good luck. As a Civil Engineer too I know what am saying brother
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by paschenko(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Take dat of university jo,money and toto plenty they wait for you with lots of runs

Chai, bros u be case o walai.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by RingimKabir(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Working as Non academic staff at Federal University is far far better than working at Federal Ministry. Many of you guys commenting here have no experience on either jobs. I'm a Computer Engineer and I'm working as an academic staff at my State's Polytechnic. I started in 2013 as non-academic attached to ICT/MIS Unit, I just recently finished MSc and convert to academic but still working at ICT/MIS Unit of the college. I'm going for PhD early next year and my plan is to transfer to Federal University either academic or non-academic.

Remember, University have complete autonomy, your appointment is not from Federal Government but from the University. Your files and everything is within the university, the University pays you directly. Your promotion, pension and entitlements are all within the University. So you see, everything is easier than in a Ministry where someone will retire as far back as 20 years without receiving a single kobo or you will find someone that spent many years without being promoted and all these are due to corruption, formalities and logistic problems in ministries where in a Federal University, these problems are in lowest possible level because the authorities there are far EDUCATED and more CIVILISED and they are there because they deserve to be there.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by ayokunlei(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
prettytasha:
smiley

Hello, guru cool
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by jerome263: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

. Brother, I advice u talk to ur pastor about it. THANK ME LATER
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Justicealh3(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Thanks and God bless.

If realy u want to be ok, stay in ur first job as engr, but if u wanna open all d ladies pant in campus, then, go 4 leacherer. But 4 ur money safety first job matter alot.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by rydow(m): 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chinaimporter:
As a civil engineer that have been working for a long time,i will advise you that it is time for you to stop working for others and let your money work for you....invest in snake farming buizness and see how much you will make in a very short time....just quit your job and build a suitable snake house and then go to bauchi and catch many snakes especially vipers,black adder and african spitting cobra, farm them and let them grow and produce venomious offspring..u dont need an insurance because no armed robber or theif will visit your place...pm me for details on how to monetize the snakes

This aDVICE NO Fair Oga grin grin grin grin
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by festusfeezy(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please maintain ur status quo, a civil engineer wit federal min of works, I think is better
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by fizziea(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

He couldn't have achieved all that with his salary

thank u for speaking out wat is in my mind
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by onunwa21(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
Contiss 9 is same with Gl 10, so my advice is take d new offer nd build ur Cv. Make sure u resign official.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by dustydee: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
seanjy4konji:
i deh come back.

My brother..Federal Goverment is better...You will be promoted as long as you update your CV and think of gratuity when you retire and this does not mean that you wont have other things you would have been doing prior to getting to about level 14 or more...

Nigeria is getting better so the retirement payments from federal goverment work would be paid promptly also...

Government my man.

Please explain the bold part. I thought the government has stopped that since the pension reforms some years ago?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Update On My Issue With My Boss. / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.