Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? (35708 Views)

Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / What Are The Highest Paying Federal Government Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
MIM77:

The appointment is not a lecturing job i.e. Non-academic as stated in the post.
As per the advise he is seeking, the GL 9 in both jobs does not mean they are at par. Contiss 9 is equivalent to GL 10 in the mainstream civil service but not in financial terms. The differential salarywise bw ur current job n the one u are considering should be in the region of #50,000 or thereabout. You may just take the new job, its worthwhile.
Noted! grin and corrected! Since last night!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:

Next time before you make a comment, think twice, read thrice, if you are hard of understansing.

I am not castigating you.
Telling me I'm unintelligent is an insult to my person... Did u ever read down the thread? Becoz the OP quoted me and I was then cognisance of my first comment but wasn't able to modify the post as my network wasn't getting much signals last night... Not until u quoted me and insulted me in such a ruthless manner...
I'm not a lazy reader and I'm not some kindaf kids that you'll want to give silly advice to read!... So keep it and feed dem to ur kids...if u'll ever have one!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

I was asked to ignore you but I didn't listen. I am going to take that advice now.

You should've listened to that bastard.... And mind you... This is just a forum... Learn to be civil and not like a tout.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:

You are very idiotic not to take corrections. And you are looking for work..
And how do you correct people? By abusing them?
I don't take corrections from imbeciles......
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

You should've listened to that bastard.... And mind you... This is just a forum... Learn to be civil and not like a tout.

Ode!

You are a future theif. That your friends father is a theif! You are both going to end up in jail soon ehn.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

Ode!

You are a future theif. That your friends father is a theif! You are both going to end up in jail soon ehn.

It's "THIEF"
When you learn how to spell correctly, you can then come and diss me.... Right now! I don't banter words with kids who are mentally deficient..
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
skelewu404:
did u even read the story
No I didn't..... Go back and read my comment again! And read when the OP quoted me and when I replied his quote...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

It's "THIEF"
When you learn how to spell correctly, you can then come and diss me.... Right now! I don't banter words with kids who are mentally deficient..

Dumb-dumb, it doesn't make you less of a thief. You are a theif.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

Dumb-dumb, it friend make you less of a thief. You are a theif.
. .
it friend make you less of a thief
. . Are you for real?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by aristosoft(m): 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
You ain't serious. Most guys here don't even have a job and it's they you are asking question.

Better, go for better counseling from people in the civil service if your story is indeed true.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Vikkiboi(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2015
kklove4real:
..........thanks as u done ginger my swag, miss naija all the way..lolz

Abi now...which side are u?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by DedeNkem: 2:52am On Sep 05, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Federal Ministry job doesn't last but a job in academic institute does.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by jydeskill1(m): 5:22am On Sep 05, 2015
Pele
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by seanjy4konji: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2015
it be like say u deh craze abiabi oloriburuku ni e ni...who be most young people??oga maintain ur lane jor.if u want correct person correct am..must u insult?nor quote me again make i nor swear better for you...y u deh quote me up and down.
400billionman:

Why is it that most young people cannot pay attention to details ? The topic said both jobs are federal govt jobs. The body of the write up confirmed same.

How did you guys pass JAMB ?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Ileriahur(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2015
Contiss 09 is equivalent to GL 10.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by prettytasha(f): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2015
ayokunlei:

Hello, guru cool
hello
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2015
seanjy4konji:
it be like say u deh craze abiabi oloriburuku ni e ni...who be most young people??oga maintain ur lane jor.if u want correct person correct am..must u insult?nor quote me again make i nor swear better for you...y u deh quote me up and down.

Hehe. Illiterates everywhere. Show your certificate..

If i no attack una like this, you guys will keep on messing up front page. Infact go back to school.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Ejaisky: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2015
yanabasee:

A friend's father was a librarian in my former university... He studied his master's in science did his PHd and got promotions and headed the library department as a non-academic staff.. And he has flocks of jeeps and houses and stores and business around the town. Believe me. Working in any federal university in the south can give u upper
hands to even become a lecturer..
My senior friend was working in the General study department, formerly known as the GSS. And he did his master's and work his way to become a lecturer in education departement, he jst resumed this semester as we're chatting now. Take my advice. You'll have many opportunities to meet higher opportunities academically..
Goodluck!
Librarians are Academic staff.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2015
Ejaisky:

Librarians are Academic staff.
A university has a department of library and they also have a library...
In a university, we have academic staffs and non-academic staffs...
My friend's father is heading the library...not the department of library and information science or technology.
A lot of NASU workers are PHd holders. They're simply NON-TEACHING STAFFS.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by seanjy4konji: 9:26am On Sep 05, 2015
ur father...i no get your time....ur mates deh find money build mansions u deh worry about front page...maybe u and seun deh share bank account...better wake up omugo.
400billionman:

Hehe. Illiterates everywhere. Show your certificate..

If i no attack una like this, you guys will keep on messing up front page. Infact go back to school.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Ejaisky: 9:49am On Sep 05, 2015
yanabasee:

A university has a department of library and they also have a library...
In a university, we have academic staffs and non-academic staffs...
My friend's father is heading the library...not the department of library and information science or technology.
A lot of NASU workers are PHd holders. They're simply NON-TEACHING STAFFS.
Librarians wether in the library or as lecturers in the department of Library and information science/technology are academic staff.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final choice is yours but here are a few
things to consider:

1. Your goals in life:

Ask yourself what you're here on Earth to achieve.
Not just what society expects of you. You're the
only one who can answer that question, after much
prayer and self-reflection...

2. Your schedule:

How will either of these options fit into your
schedule? Let's face it: today's world requires
multiple streams of income. So make sure your job
gives you enough time to explore other options.

(And no, I'm not saying you should convert your
office into a shop! Just choose a career that will
give you enough time to explore your other talents
on the side.)

3. Your need for career growth:

Try and look forward to the next 10 years. Which
of these offices do you think you'll still be
excited to go to? Or will people have to be
dragging you to office in bullion van to make sure
you show up? Yes, the money could be helpful, but
if the work environment doesn't bring out the best
in you, you risk stressing yourself out to collect
a big paycheck. Your health is more important,
believe me.

So choose wisely, my friend, and may the Lord be
with you!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by ayokunlei(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2015
prettytasha:
hello
I read through your profile, you are a Better By Far graduate I guess...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:23am On Sep 05, 2015
seanjy4konji:
ur father...i no get your time....ur mates deh find money build mansions u deh worry about front page...maybe u and seun deh share bank account...better wake up omugo.

Bro, i get am for mansion..
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by prettytasha(f): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2015
ayokunlei:

I read through your profile, you are a Better By Far graduate I guess...
nop
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by IYANGBALI: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2015
400billionman:

Who let you out of Assylum. ?
na you now
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Blaizeless: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
mrphysics:
God, I almost made FTC, I pray even as it pays ntn to d Dere, Holy Father just help me to b there so dat INTROVERT ND HER RELATIONS WILL KNOW DAT what dey can do, I can also do it in Jesus Name.... Amen:::::::::::::: @ op Go for University job, u will hav more time, better future nd job security Dere. remember BUHARI z in office so dey z no more awoof in d Federal works job. tink well brother, if I grow up I will like to b like u.

U no dey shame? Na front page thing u wan carry oppress ur babe pipo?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by bummyla(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
pray! brother pray! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by kklove4real(f): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Vikkiboi:

Abi now...which side are u?
..............................................EKITI
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ejaisky:

Librarians wether in the library or as lecturers in the department of Library and information science/technology are academic staff.
Academic Staff include personnel whose primary assignment is instruction, research, or public service. This include staff personnel who hold an academic rank with titles such as professor, associate professor, assistant professor, instructor, lecturer, or the equivalent of any of these academic ranks. The category includes personnel with other titles, (e.g. dean, director, associate dean, assistant dean, chair or head of department), if their principal activity is instruction or research. It does not include student teachers or teacher aides.
But most University Council determine their lists of Academic staffs.....
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
400billionman:

Bro, i get am for mansion..
You brag like a fool... Silly thing!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Vikkiboi(m): 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
kklove4real:
..............................................EKITI

Let's get to know each other if u dnt mind.

Reply ur mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Science Lab.Tech (All Options) / I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Policeman In Uniform Gets Himself Drunk After Taking Ogogoro.see Reactions(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.