Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (55993 Views)

Apple Is Locking People Out Of Their Iphones But It's For Their Own Good / What People Do With Their Iphones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by MrOra(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gbyte:

What Y'all don't understand is that fact that iPhones and Samsung are sold for the same price in the U.S., what you should do is ask your retailers why the prices varies in Nigeria, what a new smart phone is launched in the U.S., it's sold for $699 and iPhone is not left out, it's only when they get to our market here that we see crazy prices. I don't stand to be corrected on this one, it's fact, it's when you include tax that the price falls to $741 or thereabout depending on the state you purchasing from
Get your facts right please, there not the same price. Even the iPhone 6 and 6plus are not the same, even the different ROM capacities (16g,64,128) Are not the same talk less of different manufacturers
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
martineverest:
Microsoft is releasing 3gb ram and QHD fones because its her first flagship fone.she has to bump it with higher specs to win ppl over.u shud ask ursef y dey didnt make it 4gb ram.cos it useless on a an ARM-based fone.watch out,first windows 4gb ram fone ll be x86(intel) based fone...tell ur google to starch switchin to x86 operating system,as westerners are getting bored with unproductive arm based devices.thus,switching to full windows.should microsoft switch to x86 fones and apple replace ios with mac os 4 ipads,android ll be dead and buried
there are lots of x86(Intel) phones and tablets.from Asus to Nokia to dell heck even the latest Intel core m can be used on android if the phone manufacturer please a plus Acer predator 8 announced at ifa2015 uses an Intel x7 chip
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
holusormi:
I like to say a lot of things here , but as it is the iphone super gang are already doing a fine job of it , so I'll just maintain my chill .... I started using androids long before techno and infinix gave these fvck boys mouth to start mistalking , coming from someone who has used all platforms , (Symbian , bb7, bb10, meego, even Linux ) iphone gave me the much needed peace and functionality I have always wanted

And to iphone users out there , if you haven't jailbroken your device yet , trust me you are grossly under-using your device ..

Typed on my jailbroken Iphone 6 , 64gb, grey edition , iOS 8.4 grin
Iphones are great but honest truth Apple can do more with the over 150k plus prices they ask for their phones.just to compare Samsung makes less than 40 dollars par device while apple makes over 100 dollars par device.apple be saving on hardware components where they still use specs like 720p screen and 1gb ram and especially in 2015(the year of value flagships like one plus 2,moto x style huawei p8 xiaomi Mi note pro)its hard to justify the price tag
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by deucelaw: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Most relatively new phone users may not get the drift of the iPhone. If you had started with the first generation iPhone 2g you would understand better. This was because it was deemed revolutional device and way ahead of its time. more recently devices have caught up with the technology and therefore reducing drastically the margin between iPhone and others....but for those who pay to attention to details you would know that an iPhone has clear advantage in performance, product design, and simplicity....

A simple example. Make a call simultaneously on an iPhone and the best android device and end both calls at the same time....your iPhone immediately takes you back to your call log while the other device will take an extra 3 to 5 secs before getting to the log screen (time lag)...meanwhile this feat has been since the iPhone 2 generation...I can do more things better and faster than any other phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Swash042(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
bettercreature:
i use idownloader to download music for free on my iphone,it works like you are using Nokia to download free music
i have over 700 tracks,most people just dont know how to use iphone
That idownloader is so on point!....
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by martineverest(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
And dont forget dat android is not x86.so cant run x86 programs like pc..
davthom:
there are lots of x86(Intel) phones and tablets.from Asus to Nokia to dell heck even the latest Intel core m can be used on android if the phone manufacturer please a plus Acer predator 8 announced at ifa2015 uses an Intel x7 chip
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by eazydon(m): 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
DrayZee:
@bettercreature, Google has a service to speak to the phone and have it type what you say. BTW, that isn't really a vital feature in a phone... When your phone is carried away(stolen) and flashed, its all over. Listening to Siri read isn't really that enjoyable, is it?.... iPhone screen can never scratch? , dude what kind of lie is that. So basically you're saying it's indestructible.? Hmm.. I think not and there is Sapphire Glass now so that pretty much covers strength of screen. As for transfer of photos, I don't do that much but I'm pretty sure Google will have a substitute for that.

Sure. Google does have Picasa that syncs your pics across your Google account on all devices if you enable it.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by igwedaboss(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gbyte:

Sincerely, when I hear people argue or fight over what an iPhone can do and what it cannot do, I just shake my head, and saying iPhone has limitations in Nigeria is just WRONG. I've been using an iPhone since 2011 and I can confidently tell you ' if it's not an iPhone, it can never be an iPhone ' and that question about what can an iPhone do or what's special about an iPhone, I would answer the question better, what can a Benz do that other regular cars can't do ?
The question I think you guys should ask is,what can't an iPhone do .
What you should be telling us is what it does and not the number of years you've been using it. You here in Nigeria and u using an iPhone... what has made u prefer iOs over android

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by silverspringle(f): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nsonaso:
A lot bro..... At least better than BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone OS combined....

[b]Initially when I said iPhone users does a lot of things with their iPhone more than Windows Phone OS and BlackBerry Os combined, people started quoting me and asking me to mention ‘em.

But I was afraid to list them because am scared that if I tell them, they may be tempted to go and sell their fathers land in the village to buy an iPhone just like the Chinese kid last year with his kidney.
And I know my Nigerians very well, we love our lives and we are not willing to tread it with anything so nobody will be willing to sell his/her kidney like the Chinese kid but our fathers land in the village will not be spared.
…… That’s a joke please, don’t take it too personal…..

1. iPhone has a built in Dictionary that automatically integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, making it easy for you to find meaning of words right on the App you’re using (just by taping and holding the word and click on “Define” on the list of options that appear…) without leaving the App.
2. iPhone has Text to Speech engine that integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, enabling your iPhone to read every Text file on the screen while you do the listening. (It works across all your Apps including third-party Apps like Chrome, Opera mini, MS word etc. You can as well just select a particular word you don’t know how to pronounce (either on your browser, Opera Mini for instance or any other App you install on your iPhone) and your iPhone will pronounce it for you.
3. Have you ever played a Music with your phone while you’re feeling sleepy and you wish your phone could stop playing the music when you doss off? Well iPhone does it even when you’re using a third-party Music Player like TTPod or Musixmatch etc.
4. A lot of people like to take Selfie, but using your hand to hold your phone and control the camera at the same time, is kind of look awkward but with your iPhone Original headset, you can place your iPhone on a table or anything at all and comfortably control the Camera of your iPhone just with the volume locker on your headset.
5. A lot of people like to “Take Note” of things that matter to them…. For me I’ve lost countless of my Notes, since 2008 that I started using Smartphone even with my HTC One Dual SIM I lost my note after I updated to Android 5

(Until I discovered MIUI ROM the best Android ROM on the planet: MIUI also back up SMS, Contact, Call log, Recorder, Music Play List etc. for those interested)

iPhone Note App backs up your Notes automatically to Gmail or iCloud. You can also insert picture to your iPhone Note, also when you copy an article on the internet to your Note, it also copy both the picture in the article.

7. iPhone remains the only mobile phone that plays the award winning Chair Entertainment Game “Infinity Blade I, II & III”
8. Plus what you think a Lumia phone and BlackBerry can do combined togher.

9. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to stop here for some people has already started thinking of the worth of their father’s land in the village so they and sell it and buy an iPhone. And I wouldn’t want to be held responsible for being the person that talked them into selling their fathers precious land.
[/b]
thanks a lot for this info. I ve been using iphone 5s since last year buh didnt know it can do all this, though i learn new thing everyday about my iphone buh this particular one is mind blowing...
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by abduldope(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
idris4r83:
Guy, unlocking iCloud account is a trial n error thing, nobody can give u 100% assurance that they can unlock it. Besides, the charges alone is almost enough to get another iphone so whats the point? Unlocking iphone 5 costs almost 35k and is not guaranteed it will work.
do ur research well
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
eazydon:

Sure. Google does have Picasa that syncs your pics across your Google account on all devices if you enable it.
Google photos come with most recent phones out of d box
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nsonaso(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
silverspringle:
thanks a lot for this info. I ve been using iphone 5s since last year buh didnt know it can do all this, though i learn new thing everyday about my iphone buh this particular one is mind blowing...
You welcome... If you have any issues regarding iOS feel free to ask
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nsonaso(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
silverspringle:
Hey girl... I made some modification you can still go check it out?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by silverspringle(f): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nsonaso:
You welcome... If you have any issues regarding iOS feel free to ask
i actually have a lot to ask buh wouldnt want to bore you...lolz. I will rather take a step at a time
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by silverspringle(f): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nsonaso:
Hey girl... I made some modification you can still go check it out?
ok...tnx a lot
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by franconian: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
kingsilly:

Oh foolish me, few dollars my foot..
Mshewww
Read post on Lindaikeji and thinks iCloud can be opened just by snapping your finger.

Hear kingsilly talk... Mtchwwww!!!

Sillyking/kingsilly I said few dollars not nairas.

Have you ever unlocked an icloud before? It may seem expensive when you give it to a phone technician.

I can't go to lindaikeji. Maybe you should educate me on how to unlock icloud here, I am not a fan of gossips!
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by liusimbs(f): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
if you still not using this unlimited mtn free browsing on your pc and android, you re on a long thing ooo

enjoy unlimited data on your pc and android with simpleserver on your mtn, enjoy while it last.
mtn-bis-5gb/day Current Working MTN Bis Subscription Codes (BB10 Plans) read more http://www.niyonice.com/2015/09/mtn-bis-on-android-pc-detailed-review.html
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by mike404(m): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
GUY JUST OPEN UP AND TELL ME THAT YOU WANNA KNOW WHATS UP BETWEEN IOS AND ANDROID WHEN IT COMES TO G
ollah1:

You are deluded bro. What does getting ass busted had to do with using an app on a platform. The bank sites created apps for mobile platforms mainly android and ios to perform easy tasks by their customers.

I don't know what getting ass busted got to do with this bro
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
XVIER:
So many people talk sh!t about IOS because you haven't or have no money to purchase one. Talking from experience, I have use different mobile OS and currently using IOS. If you know about technology very well you will know that no mobile OS is compared to IOS. Ok let me give you one simple example because I won't like to sound complex. Let's look into FIFA15 you will see that in the game on any other mobile OS you can't play online season I mean playing with other people all over the world like PS3 while IOS is the only mobile OS you can play online game. Do you ever think why is that? Don't bother thinking that's why I said you will have to know more about technology.

Are you trying to tell me I can play with people online in another place or what?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by BuhBye: 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
igwedaboss:
To snap Pishure.... and u know na Yankee fone.. so as na white dey use am pass... trust black man... no time..

Although Iphone is a great phone particularly in protecting personal data. They have tons of great apps even android can't run. The problem is that it works best in the U.S because they are facilitated with tools that help you enjoy your iPhone.. but here in Nigeria? Naaah
Just for big boys big gals.. they don't maximize the use of the phone except those that had to jailbreak the phone to access the inaccessible.

My opinion. Let's hear others
Hello do you mind listing some of the great iOS apps that android can't run?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by XVIER(m): 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
drlawizle:

Are you trying to tell me I can play with people online in another place or what?
yes.......thats what most of other OS users dont understand.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by XVIER(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Baddestguyp:
Android plays online games with people all over the world. below are screenshots of arcane legends and mc4. both have online multi-player. 90% of my Android games are online with multi-player features
those are babies game..........dont worry i will show you screenshots later
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Mekurexx: 12:24am On Sep 06, 2015
Pls tell your sister to come and swap hers for my S4. Thanks
BecaciaBarbie:
My sister got one as her birthday gift recently and the only time we remember she has an IPhone is only when we want to snap pictures. Right now the phone is in her cupboard lying helplessly!

IPhone is very useless! My elder brother swapped his Iphone5 for S4! S4 is 100% better than the over hyped IPhone...so many fun facilities like scrolling with your eyes, saying "Cheese" to get a snap shot without touching the camera button, swiping with your eyes...etc
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:39am On Sep 06, 2015
Mekurexx:
Pls tell your sister to come and swap hers for my S4. Thanks
Really?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by eazydon(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2015
davthom:
Google photos come with most recent phones out of d box

True
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Mekurexx: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yeah. i have an s4 up for sale. open to swap + i will add cash
BecaciaBarbie:

Really?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Mekurexx:
Yeah. i have an s4 up for sale. open to swap + i will add cash
The iphone4 is brand new! How new is your s4?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
d
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
magicminister:

Iphone never freezes like android or bb

That is simply not true. IPhones freeze from time to time and have app crashes as well.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
XVIER:
those are babies game..........dont worry i will show you screenshots later
u know nothing. post your adult games here let's see
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Lordaweezy: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Baddestguyp:
u know nothing. post your adult games here let's see

that guy certainly don't know games

mc4 baby game?? lmao
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

that guy certainly don't know games

mc4 baby game?? lmao
don't mind him. the modern combat series are the closest mebile games to battlefield on console.

my mc4 online multi-player score in one of my team battle matches

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Have You Seen A Phone With 5 Batteries? See It Here / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At / Infinix Race Eagle, Android phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.