Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (55997 Views)

Apple Is Locking People Out Of Their Iphones But It's For Their Own Good / What People Do With Their Iphones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
ExInferis:

Hahahahha.

You lost all credibility when you said Lumia.
Really?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Rockyfancino(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Iphone is same as android when it comes to tweaking. view my thread https://www.nairaland.com/2564190/15-people-needed-partner-news
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:

So what do you do with it ?
Iphone is capable of playing any GAME without a simple issue from the beggining to the end
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DrayZee: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
imsuboi:
iPhones are not for illiterates and fvckboys.

iOS is class;
iOS is King! cool cool
I'm just wondering if you have a brain? Iphone users ehhhhh!!!!! Give us a reason to get one and stop typing rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DrayZee: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
I'm thinking we should have a thread to compare the iPhone 6 to the Galaxy S6. Xperia Z4, HTC One M9 and the LG G4 may be added

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
DrayZee:

I'm just wondering if you have a brain? Iphone users ehhhhh!!!!! Give us a reason to get one and stop typing rubbish
I have sent you as many as possible

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DrayZee: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
OP thanks for posting this thread. I've been thinking about this for a long time

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Rawani: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Apple Music

Apple Pay

Facetime

AirDrop

App Mirroring

Rich app store

FindMyiPhone

Versatility - I use my old one as a motion sensor for example.

Beauty

Excellent casting with ChromeCast

Sync Facility

iMessage

Amazing Camera quality

Broad range of accessories by premium manufacturers e.g. Belkin, Bose etc.

Make calls on Mac

Jailbreak

#iPhone6

3 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:
Apart from camera and feel

It doesn't communicate with other gadgets no file sharing just a stand-alone ..
please users educate me
Apart from the bragging rights of how much it costs.... What else?
In camera Lumia Windows Phone makes iPhone a learner....
Battery life Lumia Windows Phone setting the pace

best in class apps and games
COmmunicates easily enough for most people.
Better all round camera than the Lumia phones. Those take arguably better photos but are no match for the iPhones when it comes to fast focus and time between successive shots
Battery life is good enough for most users

Works AWESOME when you have a Mac. Continuity, Air drop etc.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
You dont need to jailbreak it,with right app you will be able to do anything on iphone

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
communicates easily with?
better all round camera...whatever that means...
battery life? step back!
texazzpete:

best in class apps and games
COmmunicates easily enough for most people.
Better all round camera than the Lumia phones. Those take arguably better photos but are no match for the iPhones when it comes to fast focus and time between successive shots
Battery life is good enough for most users

Works AWESOME when you have a Mac. Continuity, Air drop etc.

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by hedonistic: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Yahoo boys can answer this question better. I heard it helps their runs in some ways.
As for the yeye runs girls that carry iPhone around, they only have it for bragging rights that I own an expensive phone oh.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DAVE5(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
laivwire:

How did I forget, battery life is outstanding it just for texts but heavy browsing and wifi connection can take me a whole day. And I love the way it syncs all my notes, contacts, messages, mails etc across all IOS devices.
It's awesome

The syncing of notes is like the best new thing I discover on idevices, I could be in a bus and need to do some office work, all I gat to do is type my work on my phone's "note" and wen I reach the office just turn on da Mac,voila my notes and work is on the Mac "note" as well

I rarely ever bring out my phone or system in public cos it looks/sounds kinda childish to use a phone for bragging

My android device dey lick dust all day long

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by fromnigeria(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:
Apart from camera and feel

It doesn't communicate with other gadgets no file sharing just a stand-alone ..
please users educate me
Apart from the bragging rights of how much it costs.... What else?
In camera Lumia Windows Phone makes iPhone a learner....
Battery life Lumia Windows Phone setting the pace

I Have Been Thinking About This. Especially When I Hear Wan Hundred & Pipteen Thausand Naira Cost price.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by herald9: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
My friend told me when he gets his iPhone 5, he'll sell his infinix hot note. As soon as the iPhone 5 came, he was looking for who to buy it!

Iphones are just tiny phones with a big name.

I hate tiny phones.

4 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by ExInferis(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:

Really?

Yeah.

You may not like the iPhone (some days i dont either), but it set the gold standard to which every other phone is trying to live up to. It may not have the best specs, but that's because it doesnt need to. With just a dual core processor and 1gb of RAM, the iPhone 6 outclasses octacore'd and 4 gb'd android beasts touting 20mp cameras.

in 2007, the first iphone changed the mobile landscape with an intuitive UI, powerful OS, great design, advanced sensors, great apps, desktop class wifi and browser and full HTML email. They laughed at the lack of bluetooth FTP, 3G, etc.

Today the iphone is the most profitable smartphone in the planet, and still going strong. No company can match Apple's profits, not even samsung which is selling fewer and fewer devices since the Galaxy S5. Indeed, no OEM made any profits this year on android. The design choices of iphone that were lampooned (sealed battery, lack of external storage, etc) are now almost universal design principles of high ends, even samsung.

So your comparison should've been between iOS and Android devices, not Windows mobile, which is soon going either IoT, or extinct.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
ooh hmm very deep technoology?... I see...

bettercreature:
Google it,iphone has the largest app,i dont mean trash thou,imagine joy of taken a picture in united state and your family saw it right away
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Zammydagreat(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
nothing special, I have an iPad mini..so there's nothing special abt it....because I have same apps running on my lumia perfectly well, also av some running on my bb10 & android, so nothing special
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by chigoizie7(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok nah, make I go find my iphone5s,where did I keep it again? Yes, inside the pockets of an old jean shorts.

But I still prefer my bold5 ooh,

Abeg who wan buy iphone5s? (White and silver trimming)
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
DAVE5:

The syncing of notes is like the best new thing I discover on idevices, I could be in a bus and need to do some office work, all I gat to do is type my work on my phone's "note" and wen I reach the office just turn on da Mac,voila my notes and work is on the Mac "note" as well

I rarely ever bring out my phone or system in public cos it looks/sounds kinda childish to use a phone for bragging

My android device dey lick dust all day long
imagine i bought s4 and it caught virus withing 2 weeks,the same with blackberry chai
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Rawani: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
bettercreature:
You dont need to jailbreak it,with right app you will be able to do anything on iphone

Thats quite true, never thought iOS could be so rich even without a jailbreak. Third party music players which were almost restricted to Cydia in the past are now numerous in the app store for instance.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Eneze1(f): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
magicminister:
I started using iphone this year after my old phone got missing.
It set me 190k back and I hated it the first few weeks but after a while, I got to love it.

Iphone never freezes like android or bb
You can acess the camera from the lock screen without having to unlock the phone
Iphone camera can snap like 100 pics or even more in 30 seconds.
The deleted pictures are stored in a special fplder for 40 days.
The finger print unlock system is very on point.
The games and app collection on the app store is topway better than that of android or bb.
The icloud storage guarantees unlimited storage capacity.
I love music so I get them easily ffrom the itunes...
I can have a discussion with siri...loool.....
The battery lasts if you use it just for calls and texts

I didnt jailbreak my iphone and I pay for most of my apps and im loving it.

Downside of iphone:
You cannot enjoy it without Internet....
I also own a samsung galaxy note and I love the stylus which lets me draw and shiitt.. but iphone dont got that.

I have tasted all worlds... android, ios, bb, and even lumia and I gotta say that ios trumps all others but I still got massive love for android devices. The rest na scrap....

Plus, I dont think any adult would think owning an iphone is a big deal. It does not provide any bragging right and shiiitt... ... only people with poverty mentality would show off with an iphone....

Some people actually own iphone because of bragging right. All the highlighted points are accessible on my S6

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Aitee1: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
They take pishures infront of mirror and upload it on instagram and Facebook grin

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rawani:

Thats quite true, never thought iOS could be so rich even without a jailbreak. Third party music players which were almost restricted to Cydia in the past are now numerous in the app store for instance.
i use idownloader to download music for free on my iphone,it works like you are using Nokia to download free music
i have over 700 tracks,most people just dont know how to use iphone

4 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Itzneowizy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
e reach to ask.. ..lol
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by nnamdibig(m): 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
laivwire:
The day I was converted to an IPhone from Android was when I ran a particular game on my Htc same time with my cousin who uses an IPhone 4. The difference in gameplay was stunning I just had to switch. Today I have over 5 Apple products.

For brevity's sake, I will just list some of the features that makes me still to an IPhone 5 till date.

1. Screen: is simply stunning. Gorilla glass that is scratch resistant and displays vivid colours. Other phones that display same are quite few.

2. Compact size: why lug a 5" slate around when a 4" will do just fine and still packs enough features. It even makes the resolution better. This I have compared with note4 and Samsung Galxy S5 screens.

3. The processor handles anything. Fluid performance. Simply!

4. Apps? Enough! There are hardly any very interesting game on Android that's not present on Apple, IMHO though but I'm open to correction

5. Ease of use: ever wondered how Apple phones get to thrive with just one button? While Android still packs 3 till date.the gesture options are just more than enough and you get by anything easily.

6. Compatibility: I use Xender apps, use Vlc to download movies and music online: free.

Lastly, it's timeless, the same hardware design has been held for over 10 years, no need to upgrade each and every time, sell and resell, just upgrade software and you are good to go.

I'll stop here for now. Thanks
Jailbreaking is quite unnecessary if you really want to enjoy your iPhone

U said it all, my iPhone 4s runs iOS 8.4.1 smoothly. If you never use iPhone, you are really missing. My 4s is 512 ram but it's faster and smoother than my useless tablet with 2gig ram.
The 8MP camera is clearer that 13,16 & 20MP you see these days on android phones.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DrayZee: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
@bettercreature, Google has a service to speak to the phone and have it type what you say. BTW, that isn't really a vital feature in a phone... When your phone is carried away(stolen) and flashed, its all over. Listening to Siri read isn't really that enjoyable, is it?.... iPhone screen can never scratch? , dude what kind of lie is that. So basically you're saying it's indestructible.? Hmm.. I think not and there is Sapphire Glass now so that pretty much covers strength of screen. As for transfer of photos, I don't do that much but I'm pretty sure Google will have a substitute for that.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Rawani: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
bettercreature:
i used idownloader to download music for free on my iphone,it works like you are using Nokia to download free music
i have over 700 tracks,most people just dont know how to use iphone

Thats impressive, though I no longer download but stream my music. The new Apple Music service is simply the best thing since the walkman was invented.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bettercreature(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
nnamdibig:

U said it all, my iPhone 4s runs iOS 8.4.1 smoothly. If you never use iPhone, you are really missing. My 4s is 512 ram but it's faster and smoother than my useless tablet with 2gig ram.
The 8MP camera is clearer that 13,16 & 20MP you see these days on android phones.Imagine people using plastic smartphones threatening people who are using real iron,you havent enjoy mobile phone if you have not use iphone,exp gamers

Imagine people using plastic smartphones threatening people who are using real iron,you havent enjoy mobile phone if you have not use iphone,exp gamers

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by DrayZee: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
DrayZee:
I'm thinking we should have a thread to compare the iPhone 6 to the Galaxy S6. Xperia Z4, HTC One M9 and the LG G4 may be added
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by 247notire(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
clementnoble22:
I CANNOT COUNT HOW MANY TIME MY IPHONE 5S HAS FALLEN, STILL IT REMAINS ON POINT. TOUCH STILL WORKING PERFECTLY WITHOUT ANY SCRATCH ON THE FACE. ON MY OWN VIEW, IPHONE IS THE PHONE TO USE. U ENJOY THE WORTH OF UR CASH
My Samsung Galaxy A5 has fallen facedown on tiles severally but it has never been scratched... So pls another point.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / Have You Seen A Phone With 5 Batteries? See It Here / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.