Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 PM

Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid (74332 Views)

Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by IYANGBALI: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
gbosaa:

Confirmed by two people?? Do you know the meaning of confirmation?

What scary things did you see? Is either you are a weed person or you miss your anti malarial tablets.
hahahahahahahahaha. You get bad mouth
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are a complete eediot

And you are a fool_

Ode!undecided
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by 1stGenius(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
Visual and auditory hallucinations are too bad.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by omonnakoda: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

And you are a fool_

Ode!undecided
No your mother is a fool!!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by sadissbala(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=gbosaa post=37664801]

What scary things did you see? Is either you are a weed person or you miss your anti malarial tablets.guy u need to expand ur knowledge and advance in research,in fact just go to Google or YouTube and and cheek vary well then u 'll understand the existence of real marmaid.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bibidear:
Not believing joor,its all myth
do you believe in the existence of God?
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by 247notire(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
But mermaids do exist. To all those doubting, please note that beneath the seas and oceans, there is another world in which beings exist. People also come from that Kingdom and live as humans among us, I have two frnds who are from that Kingdom, who have told me tins and actually proven them by doing things I neva thought possible, like telling about my innermost heart desires! Also powers are often gotten by consulting water spirits as has been told by some individuals like Oliver de coque and Eddy Nawgu (okala mmadu okala mmuo). If u cannot believe these words of mine, pls do a little research and u'll be amazed. And if u still don't blv, well u still wudnt even if u saw with ur own eyes, u'll just term it vivid hallucination hehehe.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Bibidear(f): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
cbrass:

Its real, have even watched them on Discovery Channel
hmmm,how do they look lyk,is it lyk the one in pirates of the carribean
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
weed smokers association
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Bibidear(f): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
do you believe in the existence of God?
sure,y wont i
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by natureblack(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:
. Only atheists don't believe mermaids exist. Marine spirits exist. My father of blessed memory communicated with them in different tongues. My mother told me of the one she saw in Jos when she was a child. I have not seen one, but young women with relationship with marine spirits came into my life several times and one of them was an ex-girlfriend who confessed to me how a python came out of her during a Christian deliverance service. Then two of her close girlfriends who also wanted to sleep with me told me that she was still keeping the white ceramic plates she used for rituals. A buddy told me of his girlfriend who once manifested in the night when her feet suddenly turned to something like tail fin of a fish with water, and he fled. My father always said both of us came from water, but I rejected that. But another mystery is my elder sister who does not use canoe or boat, because she said the marine spirits will come for her. Another elder sister of blessed memory died after she crossed a river at midnight on an errand for our mother. Our people said no child could cross the river without canoe or boat. So, they told my mother that my sister was gone and only came to deliver what my mother wanted. Yes. There are mermaids. But I believe, my close relationship with God scares them away from coming directly to me in their true form.[b]From the holy bible,when Satan and his fallen angels were cast down to earth[/b]many of them had relationships with humans, animals, fish and other creatures and became the demons often called myths. But they are real and exist till date. But you cannot see them with ordinary eyes. If you doubt the existence of mermaids, then you cannot believe in the existence of angels.
@Bolded.
One of the numerous imbroglio I have with your God(and the bible).He couldn't coexist with Lucifer and his angels because they turned and rebelled against Him.

What action did He take? _ He chased them away from heaven,and were casted down to earth.To do what,coexist blithely with mortal being ?

According to you,these fallen angels had relationship with mortal women and the result was weird creatures.(Though I read about giant men.You might hook-me-up with the verses of the bible you got that from)

In all,the crux of the matter is A seemingly omnipotent,omniscience and omnipresent One,who couldn't coexist or handle His own creation.Too bad.

Btw,your story,about the people in your life.WOW! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by IVORY2009(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
The issue of marmaid is real, this is d main reasons while IMB bank located opposite the bar beach could not grow, according to some traditional rulers, who worship sea gods, dey advised the owners of that grass tower building opposite the beach "close to ocean view" not to build such building @ dat place, dat the end result would not be favourable to dem, and it happened dat each time the river goddest will keep seeing herself with the see through glass windows of the IMB building.

I dont know wat dey hv done now to applease d gods frm getting hangry, the h2o has stopped coming out.

I dont know how true dis is anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Iamthoney(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
obinnajr:
JUST NEGODU NONSENSE ONA AKO
Nwanem I dey tell you...okwa ezigbote nonsense

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
No my mother is a fool!!

Obviously undecided. The apple didn't fall far from the tree afterall

Ignore mode activated!

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by kevoh(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Yeah, I've also seen Spiderman. Dude shoots out spiderweb from his hands and can swing from building to building. Many witnesses have confirmed to have been rescued by spiderman at night from robbery attacks. I have even interviewed two of them. undecided Though, Spiderman's activities reduced drastically to 0% with the invention of Camera and have slightly gone back to 50% with the advent of Photoshop and social media.

Now replace Spiderman in the above paragraph with any superstitious being starting from this mermaid.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
[size=18pt]Lest we forget, Sir Victor Uwaifo has a PhD and it is not honorary degree.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
kevoh:
Yeah, I've also seen Spiderman. Dude shoots out spiderweb from his hands and can swing from building to building. Many witnesses have confirmed to have been rescued by spiderman at night from robbery attacks. I have even interviewed two of them. undecided Though, Spiderman's activities reduced drastically to 0% with the invention of Camera and have slightly gone back to 50% with the advent of Photoshop and social media.

[size=18pt]You cannot believe in God without believing that mermaids exist.
It is like saying you believe in God, but you doubt the existence of Satan when God himself created the angel Lucifer who later became Satan.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
That reminds me of the pirates of the carribean movie where one of the pirates was forced to sing so as to attract mermaids to the trap of of the bad guys.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
gbosaa:

Have you got link to that documentary?

Fela was the only old school musician I can recall who smoked weeds but he never talked rubbish. Uwaifo must have experimented on something stronger than Igbo(weeds).
As at when he had that encounter, he had not gone into full time music. He was a graphic designer in NTA.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Onliie(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
gbosaa:

What scary things did you see? Is either you are a weed person or you miss your anti malarial tablets.
If mermaids were not real, how come many different cultures all over the world seem to have a story about mermaids. cultures that have little or no connection to one another

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
QueenEdna:
In His dreams oo
what he said, is true .though i was not born then..if he did nt encounter such..he would nt hav say such thn.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Onliie(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
kevoh:

Now replace Spiderman in the above paragraph with any superstitious being starting from this mermaid.
If mermaids were not real, how come many different cultures all over the world seem to have a story about mermaids. cultures that have little or no connection to one another

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
bigv:
Okay. He should also tell us how that mermaid influenced his musical career. Cos he was a "nobody" before meeting her.
Before the encounter, his "Joromi" had won him the first gold disc award in Africa.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by kevoh(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:

You cannot believe in God without believing that mermaids exist.
It is like saying you believe in God, but you doubt the existence of Satan when God himself created the angel Lucifer who later became Satan.
Yada, Yada, Yada! god, lucifer, mermaid, jinn all fall in the same category of spiderman bullsheet. You do not have to use large fonts, feels like you are screaming out just because you want to talk. Go easy with the fonts!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by TaoBalinga: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

Are you a Muslim?

If you are not, get off my mentions

If you are, go see your Imam or attend a tafsir !

If you want to be lectured, ask nicely!
i want to be lectured sir! P.s , im a christain, so please try and make not much quranic quotations..u can make reference to it though but let it be minimal.. Im very interested in outworld stuff like this.. Belive me, a muslim once enlightened me on jinns and ifrits here on nairaland..i have nothing against your religion.. Knowledge is all i seek.. So please sir, school my church mind

3 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by kevoh(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Onliie:
Duh! Many cultures have stories about Santa claus a.k.a Father Christmas or the tooth fairy, does that make any of them REAL?

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Bollinger(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rotimi47:
Mermaids are real as I heard stories from a guy whose cousin saw one & he almost died, likewise a local documentary made in Lagos had typical local fishermen interviewed on the issue of mermaid & they responded saying they encounter them once in a while & that 2 kinds exists, the wicked ones who don't like humans & as such attack them & the good ones who help them catch lots of fishes. As for me there is no good mermaid as they're all demons.

It always amazes me that when these conspiracy theorist need a phone camera to prove their theories, they never seem to have one. "i saw an alien", "I saw a witch", " i saw mammy water" and they never seem to have pictures. But when it comes to "see a man crushed by a trailer", "man lynched to death in lagos", "nepa official electrocuted on pole" etc, miraculously their camera phone starts to work again.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by missionmex(m): 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rotimi47:
Yes I do know what confirmation means; In this context it mean they watched the documentary. I don't smoke & I wasn't down with malaria; I don't live in a dirty area like you & as such I rarely get malaria. Let me ask you a question? Is there any such thing as demons in your dictionary? Do the 2 most popular holy books say anything about demons? If yes, you need to check whether you're high on weed or maybe you inhaled some from someone who is always smoking one next to you: I believe you Probably stick & restrict yourself only to what you know & understand, try & do a little more of research as this will help to expand your knowledge & broaden your perception of life. Life is more than what you can comprehend.
yes bro life is essentially spirituai
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by anssy(f): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
It is sad when people believes in mermaid in 2015

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Man when I was a kid, Sir Victor Uwaifo's music gripped me with great joy and nostalgia. Especially his Ekassa tracks and Akpokomiza. But as for mami wata I'm open on whether they are real or not because hey the world is full of mysteries.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
sauceny:
When you old,hallucination sets in...
How old are you? Uwaifo was about 25 when he had the encounter. Since then he has been saying it. Next time do your research before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Onliie(m): 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
kevoh:

Duh! Many cultures have stories about Santa Claus a.k.a Father Christmas or the tooth fairy, does that make any of them REAL?
Santa claus is only western culture, not African or Asian(We only borrowed in recent times). People even know the origin of santa claus existence. Mermaids stories cut across all cultures all over the world. Even pre-dating Christ. Ancient chinese texts talk about Mermaids, ancient African stories. you cant compare Santa with mermaid legends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Visits Davido, Tells Him Not To Buy All The Houses In Lagos / Anita Joseph Kneels For Her Husband To Prove That She Doesn't Control Him (Pix) / Mompha Exposes Hushpuppi: Fraudster, Your Mom A Bread Seller & Dad A Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.