Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid (74491 Views)

Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by anonimi: 5:51am On Sep 05, 2015
shumuel:

God bless you bro, i was once an unbeliever of myths, i only believed in science but i always had it at the back of my mind that it must exist(as long as it had an English name) thank God i had an encounter with one in 2012, she even still on my Facebook list till date, i saw i never knew she was, not until she displayed in front of me, i mean i saw act like a witch, that was the day she confessed, even her mum and grandmother were same, infact all the time she was always around me her fellow mermaids will come and play with her, all i knew was she would just want to be alone, kept smiling and laughing on her own, with me beliveing maybe she was chating with someone online because she would always have her phone in hand, omo the girl set die, though dark skined, she looks like the popular actress Mercy Johnson, that day was the day i became a celibate, me wey wan bleep the girl like my life depended on it, not knowing the girl i was disturbing was a Marmaid.

They are real and i have heard of many that had had an encounter with them, me inclusive.

Did you consider that the girl may be having MENTAL health issues not unrelated to intermittent HALLUCINATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00am On Sep 05, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Shut ur ignorant mouth. Which mami water dey PH? U talk as if 'coming to PH' is d nail that would seal d coffin in d 'mermaid' issue. Is it everyone who stays in PH that believes in mami water? Yes I stay in PH and I've not seen mami water. And I've been here for 8yrs.
Which fish-like girls? grin grin
Which girls wey fine pass angels?
Which girls that confess their 'mermaidness' to ur face?

Pple travel from PH to Bonny every day and no one has seen mamiwater. Or have u seen one with ur eyes? grin
That you've not had an encounter doesn't mean they don't exist. You've spent just 8 years in PH, you think you know everything that happens there? If you go to Europe, Asia and the US, in the aviation industry, those that have had the experience, would tell there exist Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO). These people that see them are oyibo people, not black. The picture of some seen in an airport was taken. It's on the internet. Those that have read about it hardly doubt it. Femi Fani-Kayode once wrote about it. It's debated on this forum. I ask, is it because it's oyibo people that had the encounter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:10am On Sep 05, 2015
AreaFada2:

I don't know the veracity of Mermaids generally but this man is very well-educated very well-travelled. I know him fairly well and is a seriously rational guy. This mermaid thing happened in the 1960s. His story ever since has been consistent. At least for some three decades that I have heard it first hand.
If his story was due to superstition or desire for fame, he got fame back in the 1970s especially around Festac 1977, even a national honour/award in the mid-1980s. With many hits before and after Festac, a popular TV show made in his own studio in the 1980s to 1990s. The popularity of Pentecostal Christianity over last 20 years would have made him change story to appear modern, but he didn't.
My take too. I'm not in doubt of his encounter. He claimed that he went to the bar beach in the evening after work at NTA. He went with his deck chair and his guitar. There were some people too on the beach. He played his guitar till he slept. When he woke in the mid-night, when every other person had gone, he was afraid. It's at this time that the mammy water came out. The song, Guitar Boy, this inspired became one of his hits, if not the first.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Rotimi47: 6:58am On Sep 05, 2015
Initially I don't want to disclose this because a one time secondary school junior of mine who is a Senior naval officer told me this one on one when he visited me in my Lagos home(Ikeja) after his return back during the heat of the Niger Delta militancy; he told me that what he is telling me is off the record, he said he & several of his naval colleagues have several encounters while on patrol, he said his first experience was when they have something trying to overturn their vessel but as they were trying to steady the vessel something strange suddenly came out from the water in front of them but to his surprise some of his colleagues who are from that area and some who have had several of such encounters brought out some fetish things and placed them in the water, he said immediately those things touched the water, the strange thing immediately went back into the water and everything came back to normal and they moved on. He told me he almost left the navy but he later see this as a nomal thing as he continue to experience such. I don't want yo mention his name but he is still in the navy. People may not believe but it's real.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by keishablack(f): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Shut ur ignorant mouth. Which mami water dey PH? U talk as if 'coming to PH' is d nail that would seal d coffin in d 'mermaid' issue. Is it everyone who stays in PH that believes in mami water? Yes I stay in PH and I've not seen mami water. And I've been here for 8yrs.

Pple travel from PH to Bonny every day and no one has seen mamiwater. Or have u seen one with ur eyes? grin
Don't mind the guy. Dts how ppl will just spill out nonsense just for the sake of making a comment. I was born and brought up in ph and am yet to see any such girls.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2015
anonimi:

Did you consider that the girl may be having MENTAL health issues not unrelated to intermittent HALLUCINATION
Sharrap!
Mechi onu!
Mermaids and Mermen are not myths.
May you see one soon to be convinced.
Be ready. grin
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2015
keishablack:

Don't mind the guy. Dts how ppl will just spill out nonsense just for the sake of making a comment. I was born and brought up in ph and am yet to see any such girls.
So?
I am from the Niger Delta and staying in both Port Harcourt and on Bonny Island.
There are marine spirits in Rivers State.
All the fishermen on Bonny Island have said so and they don't need to broadcast the fact.
If you doubt, follow anyone of them to their midnight fishing trips in the Atlantic ocean.
One girl from Niger Delta told me that their hairs are actually like fins too.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 8:27am On Sep 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That you've not had an encounter doesn't mean they don't exist. You've spent just 8 years in PH, you think you know everything that happens there? If you go to Europe, Asia and the US, in the aviation industry, those that have had the experience, would tell there exist Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO). These people that see them are oyibo people, not black. The picture of some seen in an airport was taken. It's on the internet. Those that have read about it hardly doubt it. Femi Fani-Kayode once wrote about it. It's debated on this forum. I ask, is it because it's oyibo people that had the encounter?

The fact is we are not alone.
There are aliens above the earth and aliens beneath the earth.
Ask the Yorubas about Osun, Olokun and Yemoja.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by bigass123(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2015
I no just get time to argue with you at all.. You can't defend what you don't know and you can't explain what you don't understand...
People who have experienced it won't even look at you twice before undecided
Dem water girls are out there plenty... If you're tge type promiscuous.. You go don already bleep many of them unknowingly.. I swear it!
Some of dem go dey read your naive comments here sef and laughing at you. That you've never been to hell or seen it, doesn't mean hell is not real. Wake up from ur slumber man

ChokolateBoss:

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

My question is, why do Oyibo people believe in the existence of UFO and Africans do, but some Africans, as we have seen here, do not believe in the existence of mammy water?

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by adellam16(f): 8:46am On Sep 05, 2015
cbrass:

You have a point and they are real, have even seen one but they make a funny terrifying sound, they don't speak our language so it could be that what Mr Victor saw couldn't have been a marmaid
maybe its was a marine spirit he saw
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Hero10001: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2015
247notire:
Bro are you okay at all? U need ur head checked.
shoro ni yen?!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
I am actually enjoying the discussions on the thread, keep up the good work guys smiley smiley smiley. Those that have been "privileged" enough to see mermaids should help with descriptions on how they look. My head never knock reach make I carry go river with blue candle go dey call mammy water, I no wan crase grin grin grin grin
Theflint1:
can you actually give a physical description of the one(s) you have seen? Are they anything like what is in the link below? https://www.nairaland.com/1856920/shocking-real-mermaid-found-washed
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.Good morning guys.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2015
aim5:

But are they more prevalent in places like Calabar, Port Harcourt, Lagos and other riverine areas. Or are they just in any body of water, irrespective of geographic location.

the chances of them existing in big water bodies is wide. If they exist in streams or rivers, maybe the community has worshipped such creature in Time past or are still worshipping them.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
can you actually give a physical description of the one(s) you have seen? Are they anything like what is in the link below? https://www.nairaland.com/1856920/shocking-real-mermaid-found-washed

yea but they don't look quite pretty in that pic. Maybe cause they have been dead for a long time. They have the tail of a fish which comes in different colours and the body of a woman or man. Their hair is so straight and beautiful and it comes in different colours, remember, there are many breeds of them, some might look different and bears a different name and yet, they are marine creatures. Just like we have black and white skin, blond and black hair etc. I call them extra-ordinary humans cause they have supernatural powers and can live pretty long. Like 500yrs and more. Some people saying they don't speak our language are mistaken. Remember, these are extra-ordinary humans, they can speak many languages, in fact, they can even speak your local pure dialect than you cause they have been in existence before you. U will only find out when they decides to pass an information to you. People will keep doubting but that doesn't change the fact that they exist.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2015
HenryDion:

yea but they don't look quite pretty in that pic. Maybe cause they have been dead for a long time. They have the tail of a fish which comes in different colours and the body of a woman or man. Their hair is so straight and beautiful and it comes in different colours. I call them extra-ordinary humans cause they have supernatural powers and can live pretty long. Like 500yrs and more.
That gal in that pic ain't pretty? u must be kidding. You seem quite certain of your claims. 500 years or more? Is that the product of hearsay or from you interviewing one grin grin or being one?
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2015
Mermaids and Mermens in the house I would appreciate detailed information on your way of life, origin and description of the powers you possess. Its an anonymous forum, you needn't be scared
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
That gal in that pic ain't pretty? u must be kidding. You seem quite certain of your claims. 500 years or more? Is that the product of hearsay or from you interviewing one grin grin or being one?

Bro, if you see a real mermaid, u will know that ur girlfriend is the ugliest thing on earth. Yes, that pic isn't quite pretty. My first comment in this trend revealed that i have once practice the occultic. So, having such knowledge isn't hard. Can't dig deep just to convince you. Believe whatever u wanna believe.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by jamjam1991(m): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2015
Ah tire oooooO... SEe as dey turn all of us mumu finish... 'If u see mammi water,never you run away'
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by olashas(f): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2015
oreos:

Mammy water is not a deamon. Spirits are also creations of God althoug they are gifted with more power.
Are you an adherent of the GM?
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Toks2008(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2015
Rotimi47:
Mermaids are real as I heard stories from a guy whose cousin saw one & he almost died, likewise a local documentary made in Lagos had typical local fishermen interviewed on the issue of mermaid & they responded saying they encounter them once in a while & that 2 kinds exists, the wicked ones who don't like humans & as such attack them & the good ones who help them catch lots of fishes. As for me there is no good mermaid as they're all demons.

No no they are not demons but simply aqua beings just like we have land human beings like you and i.

Remember that GOD also created living things in the sea and they are probably one of those.

Do you know that we have sea lions,sea dogs,sea bat,sea turtle and so on so in like manner we have marine bodies but the ones i saw on You tube looks so ugly and scary

You can watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-ZtF2aB4Y

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by shumuel(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Did she change physically?

No she didn't, she wouldn't want me to see her Natural state now, and besides it happend in a room so why would she turn into half fish half human, if it was in a pool now maybe she would had, who know but her eye were all white and her hands and fingers were like a cat that wants to scrath something, you know more like those witches does in all those Hollywood/Nollywood movies, then later she started moving like snake dance but she didn't really dance.

I was a bit scared but i thought she was about going mental not until she confessed, she said she always wished in go jump into a river and leave this world.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by shumuel(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2015
anonimi:

Yeah that was what i thought at first but after all her witchy witchy she felt bad i saw her and confessed, and for the record i know guys this lady and her mother had destroyed their life, i mean rich men/guys that later became poor, seriously this is no joke, if i didn't witness it first hand i wouldn't believe it too.

I only thank God for my life, because i seriously (like knelt down and prayed) wanted to bleep this girl, i swear if you see her too you wouldn't think of anyother thing than that.

I was only lucky that God love me, if not i would had even dated her, we became very close but from the first day she came to my place, she told me she would never visit again, i thought i was because she met my mum who was around but it wasn't, she just avoided coming to my place, i tried all i could to make her pay me a visit but for were she no gree come, not knowing God was at work.

Our friendship ended gradually, and she later dated another guy, who i warned about her, the mumu guy wey don enter inbetween her legs went and told her, her told him not to mind me that's its because she didn't allow me to bleep her that made me call her a mermaid/witch.

The came back and asked me if it was true, i told it was not, though i seriouslly wanted to bleep her but later loss the interest when i knew what she was.

The guy went back and told her he didn't believe her that if a guy like me wanted to date/bleep her that he knows i would had succeeded that she should tell him the truth because some other people that knows her had come to tell him the same.

According to the guy, she started crying and saying she doesn't know why very one wont just leave her alone that she had been delivered, and that she would had love to destroy my life but unfortunately the day she came to my house, she saw Four very tall Angels in the compound who told her the day they see her again around that building they would strike her to death.

Man come see me LMAO in disbelief but i later remembered how she told me she wouldn't come in immediately she got to my gate and said she was going back home, this was a lady that was angry with me the previous day that i prosponed me taking her to know my place because her friends weren't around, but her friends made her enter and she was so unrest, i thought it was because of my mum, and i also remembered how she ran immediately she came out, i and her friends had to run after her and stopped her before she stop and started telling me she would never visit me again, even when i told her my mum would travel to Lagos the following month, still she refused, many times i called her telling her i was alone, leaving alone and needed her company but she will only tell me to come to her own place, we meet at church or she would just find me an excuss, not knowing it was Angels that threatened her.

I didn't believe the guy even with all these fact i listed up there but when he and his friends started calling me ''very stong Pastor'' and they always look serious, i began to believe and Yeah cheesy started feeling fly, it also explains why the whole street had been burgles except my house, it later happened when i started doing some bad tinz sha wink, though i traveled when it happend.

Hmmm Angels are on watch and you better believe that also.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by cbrass(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
adellam16:

Yes
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

My question is, why do Oyibo people believe in the existence of UFO and Africans do, but some Africans, as we have seen here, do not believe in the existence of mammy water?
They are confused. But among them are those who visit Babalawo native doctors for charms.
And others believe in angels, but doubt the existence of demons. grin
They confused people or re-tarded.
I have a word they need to look up RATIOCINATION. It is help them.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by macof(m): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

Sharrap u Dumbass

Those aren't aliens or mermaids
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by macof(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
adellam16:

No. Spirits cannot be seen
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by bummyla(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
give your life to Jesus! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by zendy: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
[b]Im not the kind of person who would believe in mermaids or mammy water but there are two events that I have come across which tells me that there are creatures beneath our waters we don't know about and some of them may have human features. The first event is that I remember reading and edition of the now defunct prime people magazine sometime in the 90's where a Fisher man claimed he caught a 'mammy water' in his fishing net and took it back to shore where he borrowed a camera to take a picture of it. This was before the days of the Internet, photoshop and smart phones. I saw the picture in the magazine. The best way I can describe it is that it was light Blue in colour, had the body of a fish but where the head of the fish should be was the head of a human baby or should say, a young child. Where the hands should be was fish fins. The creature had eyes, nose,mouth even ears. It also had hair that looked "Jerrcurled" and the hair was blue just like its body. The fisherman said he felt that it was a 'baby mammy water' that had been unfortunate to end up in his net. Another event was also in the 90's .There was a day I was in Barbeach. I was with a group of friends who went to chill out by the beach.There was middle aged man who was at entrance to the beach looking apprehensive. Every time the waves crashed, he would jump in fear. We went over and asked him what was wrong and the man told us a strange story that was corroborated by some of the touts on the beach. The man said he used to make a living teaching people how to swim at the beach. He said that two weeks before, the beach was packed with people when he noticed that there was a man who was far out in the Ocean where beach goers normally don't go out to. He said the man stood erect looking out to the sea. He shouted at the man to swim back because the waves could carry him away but the man made no movement. So the middle aged man, being a good swimmer all his life, decided to swim out close to where the man was to warn him he was too far out in the sea. When he got close and shouted at the man to come back closer to shore, the man just looked back at him, then turned and dived into the ocean. He said that when the man dived into the sea, he saw that the mans legs were completely made of fish scales. Fear gripped him and he started swimming back to shore frantically. But that's not the end of the story. He said that as he was swimming back, he felt someone's hands grab his legs and start pulling him into the ocean. That's when he started shouting attracting the attention of the area boys on the beach. All of a sudden, a huge wave came crashing down and that's when the creature let go of his legs and the area boys managed to drag him out of the sea to the shore where he lost consciousness. The area boys also told us that they could see that something was holding the mans leg but that they thought that the mans legs got caught on sea weeds. The even told us to take the man away from the beach because they don't know if the man was cursed. Strange things do happen in this world we live in [/b]

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
macof:

Sharrap u Dumbass

What are or were they? Your aunties, DUMBASSX2. grin
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
macof:

Sharrap u Dumbass

What are or were they? Your aunties, DUMBASSX2. grin
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Orikinla(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
This revelation is bringing more interesting revelations and this is why sharing information is good.
Humans don't talk of things they have never seen before with eye witness accounts as others have also mentioned their own encounters. Many revelations are even stranger than fiction.
In my own case, the ex-girlfriend I mentioned was misbehaving when I wanted to make love to her and I was afraid when just smooching her was already making her shaking and rolling her eyes in an abnormal way. She was really very sexy and I missed not having sex with her.

Sir Victor Uwaifo does not drink and does not smoke since his days at the NTA, Victoria Island, Lagos.
We are old boys of the same St. Gregory's College, Lagos. But he was there two decades before me and he was no longer working at NTA Lagos when I arrived there as an independent scriptwriter for four years from the age of 18. So, whether you believe him or not, it does not change the fact.
My father communicated with them in different tongues and he never lied to me. If I did not reject them, they would have revealed themselves to me as well. But my very close relationship with Almighty God JEHOVAH must have scared them away.
There are prayers you pray that demons flee from wherever you are.

These demons lead humans to sin and to their destruction.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms".
◄ Ephesians 6:12 ►

"But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil".
◄ 1 John 3:8 ►

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pasuma's Daughter, Opeyemi L'america In US Navy (Photo) / Kim Kardashian Celebrates Her New Billionaire Status With Kanye West (Photos) / Bobrisky Speaks: "Toyin Lawani Arrested Me, Claimed I Stole Her Cream Customers"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.