Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330371 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MmmS(f): 4:33am On Dec 24, 2016
eljaye:
Finally after the horrendous wait, I have got my visa. Thanks to Baba God. Thank you all for your help during the wait.
Biko please, how do they do the TB test (method) and how long does it take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MmmS(f): 4:56am On Dec 24, 2016
justwise:

Ask for 2 weeks extension and attach it to your application.
Bros i know this is for visas but i have want to ask something which is slightly off topic but please don't block me o. Is it possible for a person to change a course once they get to the UK? Lets say i apply get a visa to study Architecture but once i get to the UK I switch want to switch to Engineering. Will it affect the validity of the visa i used to gain entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nomad26: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2016
MmmS:
Biko please, how do they do the TB test (method) and how long does it take?
It's a chest x-ray to check the condition of your lungs. Not suitable for pregnant women sha. When I did mine, the whole process took less than 30mins. The xray itself takes less than a minute. You can get the result same day or next day. Not sure of current price, but last month it was 47,500.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
MmmS:

Bros i know this is for visas but i have want to ask something which is slightly off topic but please don't block me o. Is it possible for a person to change a course once they get to the UK? Lets say i apply get a visa to study Architecture but once i get to the UK I switch want to switch to Engineering. Will it affect the validity of the visa i used to gain entry?

That is possible though some universities may have different policy regarding switching. 1st though you may have to check the course requirements to know if you are qualified to do that course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
nomad26:

It's a chest x-ray to check the condition of your lungs. Not suitable for pregnant women sha. When I did mine, the whole process took less than 30mins. The xray itself takes less than a minute. You can get the result same day or next day. Not sure of current price, but last month it was 47,500.
Thanks for this info smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:33am On Dec 25, 2016
If you are coming to Coventry University in January, feel free to get intouch with me. Will be very willing to help out in terms of accomodation or any form of assistance. My way of giving back to members of the house.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 4:50am On Dec 25, 2016
Compliment of the season good people.

I want seek the house's opinion on this: My appointment is for 29th Dec. Is it possible I get my visa before 16th Jan, the last day on my extension letter I'm expected to resume at the school (no money to pay priority ooo grin).

- Also, I will like to connect with nairanlanders currently studying at Sheffield Hallam Uni.

Thanks @all smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
Thanks house for your advice. My sis got the CAS form from the school as well as an apology. A few questions please, how can one pay IHS and visa fee now that it's impossible with the CBN restriction policies on Naira cards and when will the UK embassy in Lagos resume from this festive break?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Dongreat:
Thanks house for your advice. My sis got the CAS form from the school as well as an apology. A few questions please, how can one pay IHS and visa fee now that it's impossible with the CBN restriction policies on Naira cards and when will the UK embassy in Lagos resume from this festive break?

They will resume by Wednesday, so she can book appointment for Thursday cos I noticed tier 4 is always attended to on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

As regards the payment, she will have to look for someone with dollar card or someone abroad to make the payment for her.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
teejay21111:

They will resume by Wednesday, so she can book appointment for Thursday cos I noticed tier 4 is always attended to on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

As regards the payment, she will have to look for someone with dollar card or someone abroad to make the payment for her.

Cheers man. Really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
hello house, I just joined this room because I have some questions to ask relating to UK visa application.

I have just been offered PhD admission with scholarship in the UK. please I want to ask if I can use sponsorship letter from my state government as evidence for my living expenses or the money must be paid directly into my account first before applying for visa?

again the letter given to me was from the commissioner for information not from the office of the governor, please will the letter be valid?

my study start early Feb, so I'm planning of applying for visa early Jan

thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Glad to hear your sis got her CAS .. Wetin them talk say happen lol.

Dongreat:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Apostle67:
hello house, I just joined this room because I have some questions to ask relating to UK visa application.

I have just been offered PhD admission with scholarship in the UK. please I want to ask if I can use sponsorship letter from my state government as evidence for my living expenses or the money must be paid directly into my account first before applying for visa?

again the letter given to me was from the commissioner for information not from the office of the governor, please will the letter be valid?

my study start early Feb, so I'm planning of applying for visa early Jan

thanks for your anticipated response.

Does the scholarship covers everything? Fees and maintenance money?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Bourne007:
Glad to hear your sis got her CAS .. Wetin them talk say happen lol.

They said they were worried about the visitor refusal visa but since she was given a four year study visa after the refusal, then they are certain she will be issued a MSC study visa and they are sorry for the delay. Her studies begin Jan 16, 2017 and from the look of things she will go to the uni late for her studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 11:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nope it covers only school fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 11:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
justwise:

Does the scholarship covers everything? Fees and maintenance money?

Nope the Scholarship covers only tuition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2016
Apostle67:

Nope the Scholarship covers only tuition.

Then you need the sponsorship letter and your own bank statement containing the maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2016
justwise:

Then you need the sponsorship letter and your own bank statement containing the maintenance money.

you didn't get my question. I said I have a scholarship letter already from the school, so I want to use sponsorship letter from my state govt. in place of maintenance fund. the money has not been released yet by the govt. but I have a letter from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
Apostle67:

you didn't get my question. I said I have a scholarship letter already from the school, so I want to use sponsorship letter from my state govt. in place of maintenance fund. the money has not been released yet by the govt. but I have a letter from them.

Firstly, check if the maintenance fund the state government is giving you is up to £9135.

Secondly, check the tier 4 visa application guide to confirm if the letter you get from the state government satisfies the requirement (I mean the content of the letter)

Thirdly, I will advise that the school includes the tuition fee scholarship on your CAS so that you won't need two letters to back up your visa application (though this point is not necessary).

I think you are good to go if all these are OK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ablo: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2016
Phillip011:

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
I contacted them.they said mine is processed already too just waiting for dispatch.
I am yet to get decision email. Hopefully tomorrow. What do you think?
Do you think we can get it in Friday?
I paid for courier sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phillip011: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2016
ablo:
I contacted them.they said mine is processed already too just waiting for dispatch.
I am yet to get decision email. Hopefully tomorrow. What do you think?
Do you think we can get it in Friday?
I paid for courier sha
I think decision email tomorrow when Ikeja receive it then collection the following day , so hopefully before the 30th , but I'm not sure how long courier will take.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2016
Please guys, what is the current exchange rate? i mean GBP to NAIRA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 11:49am On Dec 27, 2016
Apostle67:

If you try this.
I suggest that you have a direct contact number where the Visa Officer can check the validity of the sponsorship from the state gov
and that someone there is expecting a call.
Then if the VO does check it should be ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I know this might have been answered somewhere along the line, but I don't seem to get exactly where it is. My question is this, I just finished my Masters in the Uk, and I have gotten admission for PhD starting in January. I came into the Uk last year October (2015) as single. But i went home in July 2016, to get married. Now with my PhD, I want to invite my spouse as a dependant. We have a marriage certificate, and pictures taken at the registry. What other things do you think I can add to the above documents in order to satisfy the immigration officer ..Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ralphyk: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello house , though am in New in the house, is there anybody in the house studying in Salford university? Am awaiting my tier 4 visa .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ralphyk: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello house , though am in New in the house, is there anybody in the house studying in Salford university? Am awaiting my tier 4 visa . I need info .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ralphyk: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello house can I make withdrawal from my maintenance account? I have already gotten an e-mail from Sheffield that my application is under consideration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 5:44am On Dec 28, 2016
ralphyk:
Hello house can I make withdrawal from my maintenance account? I have already gotten an e-mail from Sheffield that my application is under consideration.

Don't do that until you get decision email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ralphyk: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Ok ,thankz, how long does it take to get decision email? I did my interview on 20th Dec 16.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
ralphyk:
Ok ,thankz, how long does it take to get decision email? I did my interview on 20th Dec 16.

Please what was the interview like? What was asked please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.