Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332240 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
samakinfol:

I submitted my transcript and every document they asked for. Just worried time is not my friend.

Sometimes around last month before I completed my undergraduate courses, I applied for MSC economic and finance using my tentative/incomplete transcript at University of Leeds. however the admission office had to call and told me there were some courses I needed to take as an economic undergraduate student but these courses were missing on my transcript which was correct. I later forwarded to them my course syllabus showing the number of courses i have taken and those yet to take before they could issue me with an offer letter conditioned on if I take and pass those courses.
my advice for you is discuss this issue with the Admission officer but if they still insist, bone them and consider other schools.
Time is not by your side.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
cindylee:

I didnt use priority just standard. When does the processing start? When they receive it or when tls send it? Thanks

Madam so you didn't even use priority. The time starts counting on your application date.
Have you tracked it on tls

just relax you will come and testify.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
oh wow what a coincidence, I also applied for my tier 4 visa on the 14th, received an email from TLS on the 15th that the UKVI have received it. then 27th from Sheffield as well, Let's just hope it comes out next week the wait is killing me.

cindylee:
Hello guys, I need your help urgently. I applied to join my husband in the UK. He's on a tier 4 doctoral extension scheme. I applied on June 15 and received confirmation from tls the same date and that my application has been transferred. Then on June 27, I received another email from Sheffield that they just received my application and an officer will now process it.

I have applied several times for visiting visa to see him and I usuall receive the Sheffield email on the same day or next. Now my worry is that, when will the processing timeline start? The day the application was transferred or the day Sheffield received it? Their processing timeline is 3 weeks. Please I need your help. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hey dear, I used someones GTBANK Dollar mastercard o, apparently online you can spend over 1000dollars. I tried using my GTBANK naira mastercard and it bounced.

mimilyrics:
How did you make your payment? Did you use a Nigerian issued card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by samakinfol: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Question1:

Sometimes around last month before I completed my undergraduate courses, I applied for MSC economic and finance using my tentative/incomplete transcript at University of Leeds. however the admission office had to call and told me there were some courses I needed to take as an economic undergraduate student but these courses were missing on my transcript which was correct. I later forwarded to them my course syllabus showing the number of courses i have taken and those yet to take before they could issue me with an offer letter conditioned on if I take and pass those courses.
my advice for you is discuss this issue with the Admission officer but if they still insist, bone them and consider other schools.
Time is not by your side.

I'll call them on Monday and ask if I there is a chance for me to take this course as an additional module then. Thanks. Wish you the best..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
samakinfol:

I'll call them on Monday and ask if I there is a chance for me to take this course as an additional module then. Thanks. Wish you the best..

You will be fine. Did you apply to only one school, or you have other schools.
Remember it won't cost anything to have many admissions.

Try to spread your risk bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by samakinfol: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Question1:

You will be fine. Did you apply to only one school, or you have other schools.
Remember it won't cost anything to have many admissions.

Try to spread your risk bro.

I applied to just one school as i was assured it will be easy and the course was related to my undergraduate degree, i think i will have to apply to others, well since application is free.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay.. Thank you. I just requested for a GT dollar MasterCard online. I'm hoping I get it next week so I can use it.
Mzstephh:
Hey dear, I used someones GTBANK Dollar mastercard o, apparently online you can spend over 1000dollars. I tried using my GTBANK naira mastercard and it bounced.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello Guys,

Need your kind feedback.

I applied to Ulster University (London Campus) for Msc Marketing.

Presently waiting on my 28 days before applying for a visa. Once I print my account statement and have applied for the Visa, am I allowed to touch the money in the account before a decision is made? Will it affect anything?

Also, the visa interview! What should I expect ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2017

samakinfol:

I applied to just one school as i was assured it will be easy and the course was related to my undergraduate degree, i think i will have to apply to others, well since application is free.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nothing is assured. The school I thought I'd have no issue getting into was the one I had issues getting into.

It's always better to apply to more than one to give you a wide range of choices.
I applied to 2 courses(MBA & MS HR since those were my specialization areas) in 3 schools, I got rejected for MBA in 2 and declined for the HR in 1. I got accepted for MBA in 1 and HR in 1. I picked my best option and I'm glad about my choice.

I suggest that you apply to other schools but you might not be able to get scholarships(if you are looking at that) because of the timing of your application. But then, you might still be in luck depending on the school.

I wish you the best.

samakinfol:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=bennyjiks post=58027275]Hello Guys,

Need your kind feedback.

Presently waiting on my 28 days before applying for a visa. Once I print my account statement and have applied for the Visa, am I allowed to touch the money in the account before a decision is made? Will it affect anything?

No, you're not allowed to touch the money until you receive your visa.

And yes, it might affect everything as VOs always do their own verification of the money.

Hence, Its safe to leave the money. And after the Visa is out, it won't be a bad idea to throw a party here with your maintenance fee lool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
mimilyrics:
Nothing is assured. The school I thought I'd have no issue getting into was the one I had issues getting into.

It's always better to apply to more than one to give you a wide range of choices.
I applied to 2 courses(MBA & MS HR since those were my specialization areas) in 3 schools, I got rejected for MBA in 2 and declined for the HR in 1. I got accepted for MBA in 1 and HR in 1. I picked my best option and I'm glad about my choice.

I suggest that you apply to other schools but you might not be able to get scholarships(if you are looking at that) because of the timing of your application. But then, you might still be in luck depending on the school.

I wish you the best.

Which uni are you heading?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
bennyjiks:
Hello Guys,

Need your kind feedback.

And yes, it might affect everything as VOs always do their own verification of the money.
Hence, Its safe to leave the money. And after the Visa is out, it won't be a bad idea to throw a party here with your maintenance fee lool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yea you will, goodluck.
mimilyrics:
Okay.. Thank you. I just requested for a GT dollar MasterCard online. I'm hoping I get it next week so I can use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chykason(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello house,

What if TETFund is sponsoring the individual? Will they still require 28 days untouched deposit of living expenses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
University of Kent. You?
Question1:

Which uni are you heading?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Thank you.

Mzstephh:
Yea you will, goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2017
Chykason:
Hello house,

What if TETFund is sponsoring the individual? Will they still require 28 days untouched deposit of living expenses?
If TETFund is paying for tuition and maintenance then NO it's not required. If TETFUND is paying just tuition then you would require to show prove of maintenance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Question1:

TThanks a lot. This helps!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2017
Question1:

Also please, the oanda rates keep fluctuating. What if it supercedes the rates I used when the count started. It was about 398 when I started counting, now it's about 435 after 11 days. What dates do they use? Application date or beginning of count date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayluv21: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Urgent please!!!!!!!

Hello house, please help me on these inquiries:

1. I made the last deposit, to complete the required amount for my visa, on 2nd June. And intend to print the statement of account on 3rd July since the 28th day is on a weekend.
Question: Is printing account statement from 3rd June-3rd July OK? Since it will not include the last deposit, is that fine please?

2. Unfortunately, the Oando rate has got really bad in the last two days which has now taken the naira equivalent of the required fund above what I have in the account. Tomorrow is the day I initially intend to print account statement and submit my application.
Question: Based on the latest development of rate fluctuation, please what can I do? Should I wait till the rate improves again (hopefully tomorrow) and then count 28 days backwards from that day. E.g. if it improves on Wed. 5th July for example, can I print my statement from 7th June - 5th July? This will still not include last deposit!

3. According to the statement, "the money in the account must not fall below required amount for a day over the 28 days period", based on this fluctuation, hope I have not violated this rule. Because, based on today's rate, it has fallen below (though 28th day is Friday 30th June)

Please I need all the gurus in the house to help me look into these issues and guide me as applicable........@Justwise and everyone in charge.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
mimilyrics:
University of Kent. You?
University of East Anglia
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
bennyjiks:

Also please, the oanda rates keep fluctuating. What if it supercedes the rates I used when the count started. It was about 398 when I started counting, now it's about 435 after 11 days. What dates do they use? Application date or beginning of count date?

Wow!! Has it really gone that bad? I have not checked the rate lately.

They use the rate of the day you paid for your visa.

God go help us o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
I started counting for 28 days just two weeks back. I just opened oanda today to see that the rates are 449 to £1. Hopefully it will come down.

I'm not sure, but someone from an old post said it's good to attach a printout of the Oanda rate for the day your money started counting with your statement.

I can't start counting again o biko. It should better be dropping
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
bennyjiks:
I started counting for 28 days just two weeks back. I just opened oanda today to see that the rates are 449 to £1. Hopefully it will come down.

I'm not sure, but someone from an old post said it's good to attach a printout of the Oanda rate for the day your money started counting with your statement.

I can't start counting again o biko. It should better be dropping

Hopefully it'll drop. I will start counting mine from July 10,
The rate usually drop around wed and Thurs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
kayluv21:
Urgent please!!!!!!!

Hello house, please help me on these inquiries:

1. I made the last deposit, to complete the required amount for my visa, on 2nd June. And intend to print the statement of account on 3rd July since the 28th day is on a weekend.
Question: Is printing account statement from 3rd June-3rd July OK? Since it will not include the last deposit, is that fine please?

2. Unfortunately, the Oando rate has got really bad in the last two days which has now taken the naira equivalent of the required fund above what I have in the account. Tomorrow is the day I initially intend to print account statement and submit my application.
Question: Based on the latest development of rate fluctuation, please what can I do? Should I wait till the rate improves again (hopefully tomorrow) and then count 28 days backwards from that day. E.g. if it improves on Wed. 5th July for example, can I print my statement from 7th June - 5th July? This will still not include last deposit!

3. According to the statement, "the money in the account must not fall below required amount for a day over the 28 days period", based on this fluctuation, hope I have not violated this rule. Because, based on today's rate, it has fallen below (though 28th day is Friday 30th June)

Please I need all the gurus in the house to help me look into these issues and guide me as applicable........@Justwise and everyone in charge.
Thanks

1. Your 28days counting starts from your last deposit which completes the required amount, so you need to consider that before printing the bank statement.

2. We have argued this far too many times here for years and i'm yet to see anybody who was refused a visa because of exchange rate fluctuation. You don't control exchange rate market and it will not be hold against you as long as you put the required amount of money from the very day you started counting the 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayluv21: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks so much @Justwise

So, I must include the date (2nd June) on which the last deposit is made in statement am gonna print. Irrespective of the closing balance date, 2nd June must be the opening balance date e.g. 2nd June-1st July; 2nd June-3rd July; 2nd June-10th July e.t.c. Did I get you right Thanks

justwise:

1. Your 28days counting starts from your last deposit which completes the required amount, so you need to consider that before printing the bank statement.

2. We have argued this far too many times here for years and i'm yet to see anybody who was refused a visa because of exchange rate fluctuation. You don't control exchange rate market and it will not be hold against you as long as you put the required amount of money from the very day you started counting the 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hiccups: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
kayluv21:
Thanks so much @Justwise

So, I must include the date (2nd June) on which the last deposit is made in statement am gonna print. Irrespective of the closing balance date, 2nd June must be the opening balance date e.g. 2nd June-1st July; 2nd June-3rd July; 2nd June-10th July e.t.c. Did I get you right Thanks

You not far from what @justwise meant. If last deposit was done 2nd June, 2nd + 28days = 30th June, so you can print statement from 1st July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayluv21: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thank you!
Hiccups:

You not far from what @justwise meant. If last deposit was done 2nd June, 2nd + 28days = 30th June, so you can print statement from 1st July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello Colleagues,
I was recently offered a Global Challenges PhD scholarship in Civil Engineering at University of Birmingham (full tuition fee waved, monthly maintenance grant + bench allowance provided). However no mention of accommodation in the offer.

Offer was accepted yesterday; registration ends 31 July while programme commences September this year (barely 2 months from now).

What are my chances of beating this deadline (VISA, documentation, etc)? Can above info. be scrutinized please, I sincerely have no travel experience whatsoever.

Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello Colleagues,
I was recently offered a Global Challenges PhD scholarship in Civil Engineering at University of Birmingham (full tuition fee waved, monthly maintenance grant + bench allowance provided). However no mention of accommodation in the offer.

Offer was accepted yesterday; registration ends 31 July while programme commences September this year (barely 2 months from now).

What are my chances of beating this deadline (VISA, documentation, etc)? I sincerely have no travel experience and will appreciate your direction.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.