Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330427 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebally(f): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2015
Goodmorning all,
Please I have my interview scheduled for Sept 8th but my CAS has Sept 21st as resumption date. I requested for a new CAS to reflect the latest date for enrolment but they said the latest date to enrol(28th Sept) has been entered on to my CAS and the Home Office can access it via their on line electronic version. Please I will like to know if it is okay to use a CAS with no latest start date indicated and also, if it is safe to have 28th as latest start date when my appointment is on the 8th
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2015
Justwise,

Hey...I am about to finalize my tier4 application (sponsored) , filled it all but kinda stuck in(tail part of part5)& part 6...help!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kemkem30(f): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2015
OtseD:
Hi. I was refused visa due to a mistake made by a nigerian staff of my school (uni of Leeds) telling me i can apply online before 28days end and that the application date starts counting from appointment date. I really dont know why i listened. To compound it tls never sent me a collection mail only to hear a friend who got her decision 2 days after me had picked her visa so i went to tls a day after and my documents were there.. it was possible there 3 days before. still waiting for the collection mail! undecided
Anyways iv got my new CAS and my appointment is monday 7th and i paid for priority visa. I have a bank statement starting from 13th july ending 2nd september, printed on 2nd sept.
The course start date is still 23rd september on my CAS and my date of arrival [/b]i filled in my visa application form is [b]21st. I have an email from the school stating that registration will be up to 9th of october. Do you think this is enough time? Applying 7th and resuming 23rd.. deadline oct9. I dont want them to find any reason to deny me as per time
I did what the Nigerian staff suggested and I got my visa #justsaying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2015
ebally:
Goodmorning all,
Please I have my interview scheduled for Sept 8th but my CAS has Sept 21st as resumption date. I requested for a new CAS to reflect the latest date for enrolment but they said the latest date to enrol(28th Sept) has been entered on to my CAS and the Home Office can access it via their on line electronic version. Please I will like to know if it is okay to use a CAS with no latest start date indicated and also, if it is safe to have 28th as latest start date when my appointment is on the 8th
Thanks
To the best of my knowledge, the CAS is an electronic document and you actually don't need to print it out for your visa appointment; you just need to put the CAS number in your application form. That's my own case as suggested by my school, at least. So if they've told you that it's been updated, you shouldn't be worried at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2015
Hello,
Does anyone here have experience with VI Priority Service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2015
kemkem30:

People have done that in the past and it worked, i guess its the case of change of policy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2015
derbylicious:
Justwise,

Hey...I am about to finalize my tier4 application (sponsored) , filled it all but kinda stuck in(tail part of part5)& part 6...help!!!

What problem are you having?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Sep 05, 2015
ebally:
Goodmorning all,
Thanks

That is the case, CAS is a database system shared by licensed schools and UKBA and they can easily verify their claim
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2015
ebally:
Goodmorning all,
Thanks
It is alright.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2015
1step2right:
i really appreciate the great job you all are going. I will soon start my application and I have lots of question, you guys should not be angry oh, I just want to make it right this time around. so here is my first question.

during my study I will be staying with my uncle. will I need a later from him showing stating that I will be staying with him or do I just need his address?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebally(f): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2015
justwise:

That is the case, CAS is a database system shared by licensed schools and UKBA and they can easily verify their claim

Thanks so much @ justwise and dannyabba. Please is it safe to have 28th as latest start date when my appointment is on the 8th?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2015
FirstBank Mastercard works. You can make the IHS and Visa payment using their card.

martinoonline:

Please i'm experiencing same issue with payment of IHS, please somebody helppppppppp!

@manskido: When you're able to sort this out, please let me know how you did it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2015
kemkem30:

Lol are u saying he did it on purpose to get me rejected..i doubt that though.
Oh well lucky u... my family members advised me against it, i even told him that i doubt it but i felt he was the expert and even after refusal he said they were wrong and wat we did was right, he even emailed leeds about it and told me not to reapply but Leeds confirmed it was wrong and had to tell him. I still had time because 28th day was going to be 7th aug but he said i should apply to get a date and that they start counting 28days from appointment date. I was really upset because i had to pay another visa fee plus priority and all the wahala but God knows best. I guess its a lesson.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chiinj(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=1step2right post=37690461][/quote]

I don't think you need a letter from your uncle. But it's wise to know his address and be able to CLEARLY explain your relationship to him if you are asked during the interview. If you feel it's necessary, I don't think there's any harm especially since he is a legal resident in the UK.

Remember you still have to show maintenance funds in your bank account even if you have a place to stay already.

Can someone else please confirm this?
@1step2right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
ebally:

Thanks so much @ justwise and dannyabba. Please is it safe to have 28th as latest start date when my appointment is on the 8th?
Thanks

Depending on where you apply you might get your visa by 19th of sept, it is just that you would have to rush all that you need to prepare to travel and you might end up paying a lot for air fare.

It takes 10-15 days most times. So hopefully your visa would be ready before the 10th day.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by PresidentialiQ: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
I have been using NairaLand on and off for some years now but i just had to officially signup today because to leave a comment - you have to be signed in. I did this because of a question i saw from @1step2right , we are like in the same boat. Because i will also be staying with my uncle in the UK who is a UK resident during my Masters program when i travel this September BY GOD'S GRACE. ( Have not gotten my visa yet cos i have not applied ,and this is because my bank statements with Barclays bank in the UK which contains my Course fee will arrive this coming week and then i will apply for my visa )

I have attached snapshots from the Latest Tier 4 Visa guide which can be found on the www.gov.uk website, i did not attach the pdf file here so it doesn't look like it was edited or whatsoever, download it from the site yourself.

It clearly addresses the question : What money for living costs do I need if I am staying with a carer who is a resident British citizen or other UK resident? And they explained what the term "carer" means : A resident British citizen or other UK resident who is a close relative or in a private foster care arrangement

If you are staying with a UK resident who is a citizen, ALL you need to show is your COURSE FEE and some documents from the person whom you will be staying with.

If anybody needs a sample of the letter , you can contact me, i will scan the one my uncle sent which was written following the guideline in the Tier 4 guide and remember, ALSO, don't forget the person has to send a photocopy of their UK passport or anything that certifies they are a UK citizen.

I hope i was able to help. And i pray that all of us planning to go to the UK to study this September will be granted our visas IN JESUS NAME!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
1step2right:
i really appreciate the great job you all are going. I will soon start my application and I have lots of question, you guys should not be angry oh, I just want to make it right this time around. so here is my first question.

during my study I will be staying with my uncle. will I need a later from him showing stating that I will be staying with him or do I just need his address?

You can't be sponsored by your uncle, only your parents, legal guardian or muit-national organisation can sponsor you.

If your uncle wants to help you he can pay the money into your account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
PresidentialiQ:

I have been using NairaLand on and off for some years now but i just had to officially signup today because to leave a comment - you have to be signed in. I did this because of a question i saw from @1step2right , we are like in the same boat. Because i will also be staying with my uncle in the UK who is a UK resident during my Masters program when i travel this September BY GOD'S GRACE. ( Have not gotten my visa yet cos i have not applied ,and this is because my bank statements with Barclays bank in the UK which contains my Course fee will arrive this coming week and then i will apply for my visa )

I have attached snapshots from the Latest Tier 4 Visa guide which can be found on the www.gov.uk website, i did not attach the pdf file here so it doesn't look like it was edited or whatsoever, download it from the site yourself.

It clearly addresses the question : What money for living costs do I need if I am staying with a carer who is a resident British citizen or other UK resident? And they explained what the term "carer" means : A resident British citizen or other UK resident who is a close relative or in a private foster care arrangement

If you are staying with a UK resident who is a citizen, ALL you need to show is your COURSE FEE and some documents from the person whom you will be staying with.

If anybody needs a sample of the letter , you can contact me, i will scan the one my uncle sent which was written following the guideline in the Tier 4 guide and remember, ALSO, don't forget the person has to send a photocopy of their UK passport or anything that certifies they are a UK citizen.

I hope i was able to help. And i pray that all of us planning to go to the UK to study this September will be granted our visas IN JESUS NAME!

I think you are getting your info from a wrong category, the section you quoted is from Tier 4 (Child) student category

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You can't be sponsored by your uncle, only your parents, legal guardian or muit-national organisation can sponsor you.

If your uncle wants to help you he can pay the money into your account

Thanks for your reply, but my uncle is not sponsoring me. I'm just staying with him for the period of my course.

@ PresidentialiQ, thanks for your reply but I think what you quoted is under the tier 4 child student category.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
1step2right:

Thanks for your reply, but my uncle is not sponsoring me. I'm just staying with him for the period of my course.

@ PresidentialiQ, thanks for your reply but I think what you quoted is under the tier 4 child student category.

That counts as sponsor as well otherwise you will be showing thousands of £s in your account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuka700: 12:43am On Sep 06, 2015
with the 30 days temporary tier 4 visa, someone said students can not book a one way ticket to the UK from NGR. pls is this true? the person said booking a one way ticket is risky as one can be prevented from traveling or entering UK. and one cannot book for one year. pls what option do one year MSC students have concerning booking tickets?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by philni055: 5:29am On Sep 06, 2015
NL
Any one for university of Leeds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 11:32am On Sep 06, 2015
kuka700:
with the 30 days temporary tier 4 visa, someone said students can not book a one way ticket to the UK from NGR. pls is this true? the person said booking a one way ticket is risky as one can be prevented from traveling or entering UK. and one cannot book for one year. pls what option do one year MSC students have concerning booking tickets?

Ummm... you could book a return ticket with the farthest possible return date available to you on the day you purchase the ticket. Then as the time draws nearer, or whenever your intended travel date is available on the airline's website, change your return date appropriately. It will be at a fee. But it's FAR cheaper than booking 2 one-way tickets.
Hope that helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
dannyabba:

Ummm... you could book a return ticket with the farthest possible return date available to you on the day you purchase the ticket. Then as the time draws nearer, or whenever your intended travel date is available on the airline's website, change your return date appropriately. It will be at a fee. But it's FAR cheaper than booking 2 one-way tickets.

Hope that helps.

I thought someone here said it's okay to just book one way, that round trip tickets are for tourists.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Try on Monday. Weekend transactions are sometimes blocked. Happened to me 2 weeks ago

martinoonline:

Please i'm experiencing same issue with payment of IHS, please somebody helppppppppp!

@manskido: When you're able to sort this out, please let me know how you did it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Not received my passport from courier since I had the status below 3 days ago. Flight departures in 3 days. No tracking number was given by the clumsy TLS staff.

Can't leave my mailing address (calabar) for TLScontact Lagos so as not to miss my package. What to do, what to do embarassed

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
eljaye:

I thought someone here said it's okay to just book one way, that round trip tickets are for tourists.

Yeah. I heard that too. I was just suggesting an alternative if he/she still isn't convinced about being eligible for a one-way ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
OtseD:

Lol are u saying he did it on purpose to get me rejected..i doubt that though.
Oh well lucky u... my family members advised me against it, i even told him that i doubt it but i felt he was the expert and even after refusal he said they were wrong and wat we did was right, he even emailed leeds about it and told me not to reapply but Leeds confirmed it was wrong and had to tell him. I still had time because 28th day was going to be 7th aug but he said i should apply to get a date and that they start counting 28days from appointment date. I was really upset because i had to pay another visa fee plus priority and all the wahala but God knows best. I guess its a lesson.
Though, seems UKVI has changed recently. I did like that too last year; It works for us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
dannyabba:

Yeah. I heard that too. I was just suggesting an alternative if he/she still isn't convinced about being eligible for a one-way ticket.
If you plan to leave immediately you finish your thesis by august round trip will be good otherwise one trip wil be better. Paying for round trip when you are not leaving by 12 months of purchasing the ticket will be a waste of money.
Though, some airliners would have you pay for round trip, but do know arik has one way trip, apart that, I have no idea

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2015
I submitted my application online last nite,so im going to print my bank statement this morning.The problem is used my salary acct for the 28 days maintenance,but received my Aug salary on friday evenin,should i go ahead and print the bank statement this morning?I still need part of my salary for upkeep,what do i do?My appt in tomorrow morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 8:40am On Sep 07, 2015
poshstore:
I submitted my application online last nite,so im going to print my bank statement this morning.The problem is used my salary acct for the 28 days maintenance,but received my Aug salary on friday evenin,should i go ahead and print the bank statement this morning?I still need part of my salary for upkeep,what do i do?My appt in tomorrow morning.
print it this morning. you could take part of it but make sure it doesn't fall below the required balance(tuition+maintenance fees).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.