Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332269 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
sweetgal81:
Hello house, I just got an admission to do an MBA @ Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland for Jan 2018, but would love to go with my 3kids. I want to apply for our visa together. My question is, do l apply alone and go first or apply with them together because l actually want to go with them.

1. Can you comfortably afford it?

2. Have you made childcare arrangement for your kids?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:
@JoyceMbatu

I will not appreciate agency activities here.

Oh I am sorry about that, well noted. i was only answering to assist based on my knowledge, won't have given my contact on my own to any one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Buku: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

So what difference does it make?

A lot.
She could save money by getting hers first since getting for all isn't guaranteed and that's why I said except she is using super priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
Buku:

A lot.
She could save money by getting hers first since getting for all isn't guaranteed and that's why I said except she is using super priority.

How will she save money by getting here first? And will that guaranteed getting a visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello House,

Please, I need assistance in getting a small bag to the UK this November. Content of bag is my research raw materials (i.e. Seeds for my experiments). I am presently at University of Birmingham.

Please a good heart should come to my rescue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:08am On Oct 28, 2017
sweetgal81:
Hello house, I just got an admission to do an MBA @ Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland for Jan 2018, but would love to go with my 3kids. I want to apply for our visa together. My question is, do l apply alone and go first or apply with them together because l actually want to go with them.

MBA is 1 year, 12 Calendar Months (Max) yeah?

The Maintenance Money which you must show in your account If you are applying for visa for you, and your 3 children:
Main Applicant: £1,015 per month (£9,135 for 9 months).
Child 1: £680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)
Child 2:£680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)
Child 3:£680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)

Total: £27,495

Based on Oanda rates today:

Total: £27,495 = N12,937,230.22 Only

Just for Visa application alone.

By the way madam: If you and your 3 children move to the UK for your 1-Year MBA.
Biko, who will be taking care of the children? You will employ child minders?

Some Useful Links:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/623341/T4_Migrant_Guidance_29_June_2017.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Hayzed212:
If I was ask that question, will simply put it back that UK educational system offers a blend of both theoretical and practical aspect of my chosen course, [b]which cannot be found here in Nigeria because we are master of theories not masters of both theories and practical [/b]and the system is stable in UK compare to what we have here in Nigeria

For Real?
What PRACTICALS in HR did the UK University promise you during your 1-year course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Moety: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2017
austinice4:

Send me an inbox if you're serious abt an accommodation in Salford.......I've got a free room available.
This your room is n Manchester, not Glasgow again? Mr. 419
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 8:55am On Oct 28, 2017
LaaJiblik:

For Real?
What PRACTICALS in HR did the UK University promise you during your 1-year course?
The teaching of HR practices in salford university is different from what we get here in Nigerian schools. its industry-led, they invites field experts for their students during seminars, organises workshops and interactive sections with experts. The course is recognised by the highest body in the field, CIPD(chartered institute of personnel development) and as a full time student, it comes with CIPD certificate with automatic entrance to the CIPD national conference and exhibition in Manchester, which surely serves as network centre for all student of HRM. We can't get this in any school here in Nigeria, as a masters degree, its a repetition of what we had during undergraduate days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:
@JoyceMbatu

I will not appreciate agency activities here.

Oga just wise abeg no vex...I've searched the thread though not throughly..its hard to be looking for one specific information in a 200+ page thread.
I just wanna know if it's OK to use fixed deposit account to apply for UK tier 4 visa...weda if it's popsy's account or my younger brother's account if yes how do we go about it..cos the balance in the account is not up to 2m now cos the deposit booked since August and it usually rolls over once it ends
or should we just go and liquidate it... because popsy no wan loose the interest and so that we can start counting the 28day wahala.
even if he will move the funds to my brother can my brother run a fixed deposit with it for 30days and still apply for vis with it.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Oga just wise abeg no vex...I've searched the thread though not throughly. .its hard to be looking for one specific information in a 200+ page thread.
I just wanna know if it's OK to use fixed deposit account to apply for UK tier 4 visa...weda if it's popsy's account or my younger brother's account if yes how do we go about it..cos the balance in the account is not up to 2m now cos the deposit booked since August and it usually rolls over once it ends
or should we just go and liquidate it... because popsy no wan loose the interest and so that we can start counting the 28day wahala.
even if he will move the funds to my brother can my brother run a fixed deposit with it for 30days and still apply for vis with it.thanks

You did not read this thread at least the first page or even the UKBA link i provided there

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4#37658520

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

You did not read this thread at least the first page or even the UKBA link i provided there

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4#37658520

I know this is ur thread....u seem like the controller.....I don't know that's why i'm asking, isn't that what the thread is for??...the beginning of that thread u directed me to...I've been there and I ddnt see any question or ur comment relating to fixed deposit weda one can use it or not and how one can use it....may be I'm searching in a rush cos I'm a bit in a hurry...but anyways thanks for not saying all thesame...have a great day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
can anyone kindly indulge me, I'm a bit lazy with going thru all the 200+ page thread..I tried searching the thread though not throughly..its hard to be looking for one specific information . I just wanna know if it's OK to use fixed deposit account to apply for UK tier 4 visa without luquidation...weda it's popsy's account or my younger brother's account if yes how do we go about it..cos the balance in the account is not up to 2m now cos the deposit booked since August and it usually rolls over once it ends or should we just go and liquidate it and start counting 28days afresh... because popsy no wan loose the interest.
even if he will move the funds to my brother can my brother run afixed deposit with it for 30days and still apply for vis with it.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Buku: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
coolsegun2002:
can anyone kindly indulge me, I'm a bit lazy with going thru all the 200+ page thread..I tried searching the thread though not throughly..its hard to be looking for one specific information . I just wanna know if it's OK to use fixed deposit account to apply for UK tier 4 visa without luquidation...weda it's popsy's account or my younger brother's account if yes how do we go about it..cos the balance in the account is not up to 2m now cos the deposit booked since August and it usually rolls over once it ends or should we just go and liquidate it and start counting 28days afresh... because popsy no wan loose the interest.
even if he will move the funds to my brother can my brother run afixed deposit with it for 30days and still apply for vis with it.thanks

You can't use fixed deposit. If you are not married, you can use your dad's account and he will provide you with letter of sponsorship. Your brother can't be your sponsor, only your parent or yourself, that is the money will be in your personal account.
Make sure you have sufficient fund in your account and 28 days count is compulsory.
When I went for my MSc ,I had money in my personal account but due to oanda rate fluctuation, the money was not enough, so I had to add my mom's statement of account and she provided me with letter of sponsorship, I got the visa
To avoid plenty wahala, just put the money in one account and you are good to go. .All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2017
coolsegun2002:
can anyone kindly indulge me, [b]I'm a bit lazy with going thru all the 200+ page thread..[/b]I tried searching the thread though not throughly..its hard to be looking for one specific information . I just wanna know if it's OK to use fixed deposit account to apply for UK tier 4 visa without luquidation...weda it's popsy's account or my younger brother's account if yes how do we go about it..cos the balance in the account is not up to 2m now cos the deposit booked since August and it usually rolls over once it ends or should we just go and liquidate it and start counting 28days afresh... because popsy no wan loose the interest.

You may choose for yourself whether to be deligent and get a visa, or be “Lazy” and get a refusal.

1. Don’t use a fixed deposit account.
2. What did YOU read on the UKVI website about Maintenance funds?

The least that is expected of someone going for studies is to first of all do your own due deligence- which you unfortunately admitted you are (were) too lazy to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sweetgal81: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Its actually for two years.
LaaJiblik:

MBA is 1 year, 12 Calendar Months (Max) yeah?

The Maintenance Money which you must show in your account If you are applying for visa for you, and your 3 children:
Main Applicant: £1,015 per month (£9,135 for 9 months).
Child 1: £680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)
Child 2:£680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)
Child 3:£680 per month (£6,120 for 9 months)

Total: £27,495

Based on Oanda rates today:

Total: £27,495 = N12,937,230.22 Only

Just for Visa application alone.

By the way madam: If you and your 3 children move to the UK for your 1-Year MBA.
Biko, who will be taking care of the children? You will employ child minders?

Some Useful Links:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/623341/T4_Migrant_Guidance_29_June_2017.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sweetgal81: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2017
By God's Grace l think l can, truth is l just want to leave with my kids, tried Canada and it failed. Im hoping that after the Two years MBA l will apply to Canada for a PHD. Still open to suggestions

justwise:

1. Can you comfortably afford it?

2. Have you made childcare arrangement for your kids?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sweetgal81: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Please l really dont mind connecting to you , to get more information. If thats okay by you .

Buku:

Congratulations, I have also gained admission to study in the same uni for Jan 2018. With my experience, I think you should apply first, then apply for your children before leaving the country (kindly note that time is of essence here) ...except you are using super priority option which is quite expensive for 4 applicants...I don't think it's really okay to apply with 3 children at once because the ECO might as well consider how you would take care of them in the UK alone. So I think you should get yours first, then go ahead with theirs. I wish you the very best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2017
No one gets anywhere with this kind of attitude of entitlement.you want something? Then you work for it, my dear, uk education system is so far from Nigerian system and you will learn to search for every needle in the sack by yourself.
Fixed deposit is no-no, your brother as well. The options you have is liquidate the funds and transfer to your acct for the 28 days count or liquidate into your dad’s account and he supports with a sponsorship letter.
All the best.

coolsegun2002:

I know this is ur thread....u seem like the controller.....I don't know that's why i'm asking, isn't that what the thread is for??...the beginning of that thread u directed me to...I've been there and I ddnt see any question or ur comment relating to fixed deposit weda one can use it or not and how one can use it....may be I'm searching in a rush cos I'm a bit in a hurry...but anyways thanks for not saying all thesame...have a great day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2017
Anything is possible if you set your mind to it, but i will call your attention to some points. Bringing a child to the Uk to study is tough not to talk of 3. Juggling school work and children is not beans even if you are so rich that you could afford it. I have a support system here but even at that there are days i dont get to see my son cos i school and work as well.
That being said, i processed our visas together at the same time as advised by the gurus on this platform and we got it, so I’ll advise you do so.
I’ll also advise you go either with your spouse or mother to help with the kids if you insist on going with them.
All the best.

sweetgal81:

By God's Grace l think l can, truth is l just want to leave with my kids, tried Canada and it failed. Im hoping that after the Two years MBA l will apply to Canada for a PHD. Still open to suggestions

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ugo88: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
I finally submitted today. I am really tensed up, my application is for a Phd. The interview took about 30mins. God help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harrrry: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
please i am currently in uk, as a student can i visit canada this xmas but i dont have anybody there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ugo88:
I finally submitted today. I am really tensed up, my application is for a Phd. The interview took about 30mins. God help me
please what are the questions been asked and how about the accent of the Ecos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ugo88: 4:31am On Nov 01, 2017
They asked the normal questions but took their time to ask how the study will be funded.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2017
Endlessgrace:
No one gets anywhere with this kind of attitude of entitlement.you want something? Then you work for it, my dear, uk education system is so far from Nigerian system and you will learn to search for every needle in the sack by yourself.
Fixed deposit is no-no, your brother as well. The options you have is liquidate the funds and transfer to your acct for the 28 days count or liquidate into your dad’s account and he supports with a sponsorship letter.
All the best.

Oh! I didn't realise my attitude was wrong ..sincere apologies. And thanks for still not making but go over the long thread..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2017
LaaJiblik:

You may choose for yourself whether to be deligent and get a visa, or be “Lazy” and get a refusal.

1. Don’t use a fixed deposit account.
2. What did YOU read on the UKVI website about Maintenance funds?

The least that is expected of someone going for studies is to first of all do your own due deligence- which you unfortunately admitted you are (were) too lazy to do.

OK
.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsegun2002: 7:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Buku:

You can't use fixed deposit. If you are not married, you can use your dad's account and he will provide you with letter of sponsorship. Your brother can't be your sponsor, only your parent or yourself, that is the money will be in your personal account.
Make sure you have sufficient fund in kyour account and 28 days count is compulsory.
When I went for my MSc ,I had money in my personal account but due to oanda rate fluctuation, the money was not enough, so I had to add my mom's statement of account and she provided me with letter of sponsorship, I got the visa
To avoid plenty wahala, just put the money in one account and you are good to go. .All the best

Oga.....thank you .God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2017
harrrry:
please i am currently in uk, as a student can i visit canada this xmas but i dont have anybody there?

You can visit anywhere, I mean ANYWHERE in this world (including North Korea, Mecca, the Vatican, Sambisa Forest, etc).

ALL you need to do is to fulfil the requirements.
As for your proposed visit to Canada, there is something called Google. There is something called Canada embassy website. There is something called your school website.

Do your own search/ research.
Tell us what you see/discover. Then if it is absolutely necessary, seek clarification on specific grey areas.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Buku: 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Oga.....thank you .God bless

U are welcome. ..amen and you too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
to the best of my knowledge sure. As long as you still have a few months left on your Tier 4 visa. Get a letter from school and arrange accomodation. have money in your account to show you can afford the trip and i don't see why you shouldn't get a visa. i have applied and been issued a schengen visa twice and my friend has a 2yr US visa and another one Canada.

harrrry:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
harrrry:
You can visit anywhere in the world as long as your visa expiration is longer than three months old. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.