Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1321838 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2018
OlowoB:

Reason why we advise people not to use legal guardian is cos Nigerians hardly document such which then makes it difficult to prove that person is your legal guardian.

If your family friend is scared of transferring the money into your account, tell him to open an account in your name for you in the same bank and branch he uses. He should then transfer the money to that account and tell the bank not to allow you access to withdraw the money. Once the 28 days is over, he then takes back his money.

I THINK it is possible to do this if he speaks with his account officer. There should be a way around that. Maybe the bankers on here can help out.

Please note, the advice I gave to you is something I think (not sure) is possible.

The issue is, he resides in the UK and his there presently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2018
Apmix:

The issue is, he resides in the UK and his there presently.

That legal guardian route is difficult but NOT impossible. Have you lived with him before? Has he taken care of your bills? Does he have documents to show such? Was it documented that your parents handed you over to him? You might involve a lawyer who would tell you how to go about it.

OR

Talk to him to pay all of your tuition fees to the school and then he shouid transfer maintenance funds to your account in Nigeria.

If any of the above is too difficult, then you should probably try Canada.

Canada accepts family friends as sponsors.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 09, 2018
OlowoB:

That legal guardian route is difficult but NOT impossible. Have you lived with him before? Has he taken care of your bills? Does he have documents to show such? Was it documented that your parents handed you over to him? You might involve a lawyer who would tell you how to go about it.

OR

Talk to him to pay all of your tuition fees to the school and then he shouid transfer maintenance funds to your account in Nigeria.

My school even refused to receive payment from an account that doesnt belong to me or my parents.....so his sch might not even permit his family friend to mke tuition payment for him.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
OlowoB:

OR

Thanks. I really appreciate your assistance here. More Grace to U
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ralphbrowny: 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
Pls i need information on Denmark
Does anyone av d link to d thread.....thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by methy: 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
OlowoB:

Had a family friend who finished secondary school in 2002 or 2003 and later got admission to uniben. He dropped out of uniben cos of his unseriousnes and wasted about 11 years of his life.

In 2014 (he was probably 28 then) he got admission to a college in Glasgow. I prepped him back then for possible interview questions. And of cos he needed to answer why he would just be going for HND at the age of 28 after graduating from high school since 2003 ( I knew they would ask - no brainier).

He told the interviewer HIS truth and justified why he is going now to give education a second chance. He got his visa, spent 2 years in getting his HND, crossed over to UWS, paisley at 300L and graduated with his BA (Hons) just this past week. He even invited me for his graduation but I could not attend.

Everyone told him back then in Nigeria he would not get the visa as he was too old and had a gap for 11 years (I must confess even I had fears for him but did not let him know). Today he is a graduate in uk and about to do his masters in September.

Your case is even better... you already have BSc, MSc and probably have a job. Please what is the worst that can happen to you? A refusal? I pray the school gives you an unconditional offer. Please happily apply for your visa afterwards.

I read your reasons above and makes sense to me. You addressed coming back to the country, reason why you are going for this course and why you chose the school.

Please make sure you use your bank statement as this shows your commitment to the passion about going back to study.

Lest I forget, the story I shared above, I told my FF back then to fast and pray. No matter how well he prepared or how I prepped him, I strongly believe God had a role to play.
please pray as well. Peace be with you.

Well, I'm so short of words, I think my hopes have been boosted by this piece because I was already thinking its almost impossible.

I will also take your advice to fast and pray. Thank u so so much. Now I can go ahead to the next steps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by methy: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
Tmtemmy:

I've a similar experience

Hope it was a good one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
Irenenwaka:

My school even refused to receive payment from an account that doesnt belong to me or my parents.....so his sch might not even permit his family friend to mke tuition payment for him.

Wow...... cc Apmix.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hi Gurus in the house...I had a delay in the issuance of my CAS and haven't gotten it till now...I initially planned to apply for the visa and have my visa interview this week, so as to avoid the 'peak period' queue but it's not looking possible anymore...My question now is would it make any sense(waste of money) to apply for a priority visa if i get my CAS no next week or do the standard visa and wait it out?? @olowob @justwise...thanks in anticipation of your responses..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2018
Guru’s in the house Good evening,

I intend applying for my visa next week to avoid rush, do I need to submit a bank letter in addition to the bank statement confirming the required funds have been in my account for 28days??

What happens if I have spent 5K from the account but the required sum has not reduced as I was able to provide about 1M above the required amount to cater for currency fluctuations.

Please advise as I want to head to the bank tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingDemolah(m): 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingDemolah(m): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks

i just submitted my bank statement and oanda printout for the day along with the other documents. spending out of the money in the account is okay and will be reflected in the statement but should not be an issue for you seeing that you deposited alot to cover against inflation

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Emmaastone:
Hi Gurus in the house...I had a delay in the issuance of my CAS and haven't gotten it till now...I initially planned to apply for the visa and have my visa interview this week, so as to avoid the 'peak period' queue but it's not looking possible anymore...My question now is would it make any sense(waste of money) to apply for a priority visa if i get my CAS no next week or do the standard visa and wait it out?? @olowob @justwise...thanks in anticipation of your responses..

I don’t know why home office has been very slow with visa processing of late with applications from Nigeria.

if you have the money, once your CAS is out I would suggest you pay for priority (Summer is always busy with applications for tier 4 visa).

It also gives you time to prepare well before travelling and settle on time in UK before lecture starts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2018
Ameera2018:
Guru’s in the house Good evening,

I intend applying for my visa next week to avoid rush, do I need to submit a bank letter in addition to the bank statement confirming the required funds have been in my account for 28days??

What happens if I have spent 5K from the account but the required sum has not reduced as I was able to provide about 1M above the required amount to cater for currency fluctuations.

Please advise as I want to head to the bank tomorrow

If the required sum is still there, you can spend the excess, no qualms.

Also, you actually don’t need a letter from the bank to confirm the amount has been there for 28 days (all what the home office requires is bank statement showing the amount has been there for 28 days). The VO can see it by looking at the dates on the statement.

However, for first time applicants, do whatever makes you happy. [/b]Get all the required documents plus the extras[b]. If you feel getting a reference letter from the bank will put your mind at rest, please go for it. Let them indicate the money has been there for 28 days, you are a good customer and how long you have been with the bank.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by funlade78: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Emmaastone:

If you have the money, I suggest you pay for priority. My daughter applied for her Tier 4 (child) visa on the 19th of June (we paid for priority - 5 days), we're still waiting to get the visa. Last year it took almost 2 and a half months for my son's Tier 4 visa to come out (normal application), he was almost late to school....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks everyone..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Good morning my people,

Please I have a question regarding this submitting visa application within the UK vs outside the UK ooo.

My current visa expires 30th August and my new course (PhD) starts 1st week of October. Please see the attachment ( https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Visas-and-Immigration/Making-a-Tier-4-General-application-in-UK ) and advise me on how it affects my case.

Also, if i have to travel to Naija to apply- what is the definition of that 'to apply'? Can I start the application from the UK and travel home when appointment is near or EVERYTHING has to be done in Nigeria(including starting the application)

Thank you all as you respond.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=ayla1 post=69273523]Good morning my people,

Please I have a question regarding this submitting visa application within the UK vs outside the UK ooo.

My current visa expires 30th August and my new course (PhD) starts 1st week of October. Please see the attachment ( https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Visas-and-Immigration/Making-a-Tier-4-General-application-in-UK ) and advise me on how it affects my case.

Also, if i have to travel to Naija to apply- what is the definition of that 'to apply'? Can I start the application from the UK and travel home when appointment is near or EVERYTHING has to be done in Nigeria(including starting the application)

My relative had the same experience last year. She was asked to travel to her home country to apply. She came to 9ja, filled her forms, booked her appointment and paid for supper priority. She wasn't interviewed. I think there's a part on the form were you will asked where you are applying from. To be on the safe side i think it's better to do everything here in 9ja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thank you very much for the response, Mizzfy.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
ayla1:
Good morning my people,

“TO APPLY” refers to where you will submit your documents, and have your Biometrics.
Filling the Online application form is “technically” not the “Application”.

You can create an account on the UKVI website, and fill the application forms from ANYWHERE where there is internet.
What matters is the document submission and biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 1:24am On Jul 12, 2018
I am sorry, I just login to my account. I have been away from NL for close to a year now. I am not in NC but the amount of money you will need in your statement of account is dependent on how much u have left to balance your tuition and your total cost of living in Newcastle for the programme duration.

valchino:
Hope you are in new castle now
Please I like to know how much is expected of me in the statement of account...
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 1:28am On Jul 12, 2018
Pls haus i need ur advice, if a bank statement has already exceeded the stipulated time, i mean the latest due period of 31 days, any advice?. Can the bank statement be printed from the last date upward to 28days?.. or the 28days will have to be started all over again. (Money is still intact in the account).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:25am On Jul 12, 2018
obeauty21:
Pls haus i need ur advice, if a bank statement has already exceeded the stipulated time, i mean the latest due period of 31 days, any advice?. Can the bank statement be printed from the last date upward to 28days?.. or the 28days will have to be started all over again. (Money is still intact in the account).

If the Balance of money in the PERSONAL or PARENTS’ account has not gone below the required threshold, at any point in time within the last 28 days, that’s fine.
You can use a 1,000,000 day old account. Just be sure the amount has never gone below XYZ if you count 28 days downwards from the day you click “Submit” on your application form.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Oh Okay. I get what you mean there, LaaJiblik. Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kokorita: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Pls house am currently doing my masters programme in Lancaster uni. I want to apply for a Canada visiting visa. Please what are my chances of getting the visa
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2018
kokorita:
Pls house am currently doing my masters programme in Lancaster uni. I want to apply for a Canada visiting visa. Please what are my chances of getting the visa
Thanks

Wrong Question!
There are no sages here.
There are no palm readers here.
There are no fortune tellers here.

You simply want someone to give you assurance when the person is not a Canada ECO

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello Guru's in the house...Please I have some questions.. 1) whilst filling the visa form I got to a part that asked if i have 'immediate family'in the Uk...it stated that immediate fam includes parents, spouse,children, grandchildren, grandparents, spouse parents..there's no mention of 'siblings'...I have a sibling in the Uk..so does this mean my answer is NO??since sibling doesn't fall into their description??I dont want a situatiom where they'll say I didn't tell the truth about something... 2) Is there any special procedure in paying for priority visa...do i pay for the normal visa, submit application, then pay for priority visa...or pay for both together.. Please Help...I dont want to make mistakes @olowob @justwise...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
Emmaastone:
Hello Guru's in the house...Please I have some questions.. 1) whilst filling the visa form I got to a part that asked if i have 'immediate family'in the Uk...it stated that immediate fam includes parents, spouse,children, grandchildren, grandparents, spouse parents..there's no mention of 'siblings'...I have a sibling in the Uk..so does this mean my answer is NO??since sibling doesn't fall into their description??I dont want a situatiom where they'll say I didn't tell the truth about something... 2) Is there any special procedure in paying for priority visa...do i pay for the normal visa, submit application, then pay for priority visa...or pay for both together.. Please Help...I dont want to make mistakes @olowob @justwise...

1. If your sibling is not an illegal migrant. I suggest you write yes. Your are likely to see another space to write a few of your sibling’s details, probably l name and address.
Write it down clearly, and without lying.

It may prove useful subsequently.

2. The VISA processing payment goes straight to UKVI. The priority or super priority payment goes through TLS Contact and is an optional add-on. In fact there are other add ins you may wish to purchase from TLS contact, including choosing an “odd hour” for your submission, use of executive Lounge, help in filling the application form etc.
So. If all you need is priority, simply pay for the visa processing fee and IHS (on UKVI).
Book an appointment on TLS contact. Then purchase the priority on TLS Contact website.
The two are mutually exclusive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
kokorita:
Thanks

You want Nigerian Nairalanders to tell you your chances when they are not the ECO? Neither are they aware of your circumstances?
Are you for real?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ralphbrowny: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ralphbrowny:
Pls i need information on Denmark
Does anyone av d link to d thread.....thanks

Pls gurus in d house help me with this �
Cc. Justwise
Laajiblik
Aphrodite

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ralphbrowny:

Pls gurus in d house help me with this �
Cc. Justwise
Laajiblik
Aphrodite

Thanks

https://www.google.com

Type “Denmark” in the search bar without the “”

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.