Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332231 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
mimilyrics:
Lycamobile costs between 9p to 12p per minute for calls (depending on your plan) and 19p for SMS to Nigeria. On its £15 plan, Lycamobile also has free 100 minutes to international numbers (but this doesn't include Nigeria) + 6gb data. Calls/texts within the UK are unlimited.
Tesco mobile costs 6p per minute for calls and 0p for SMS to Nigeria (using their international call card or international call app). You can decide to get a line with them if you so wish.

PS: Regardless of what network you're on, you can always download the Tesco app, costs 6p for calls to Nigeria. For example, you can use a Lycamobile line and use the Tesco calling app for your calls to Naija. Just download it from the app or play store and top up as you want. £2.52 will give you 42 mins talk time and unlimited SMS to Naija.
Your Lycamobile number will be what shows up when you call any Naija number.

Many thanks! Very helpful!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by megaSD: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
mimilyrics:
Lycamobile costs between 9p to 12p per minute for calls (depending on your plan) and 19p for SMS to Nigeria. On its £15 plan, Lycamobile also has free 100 minutes to international numbers (but this doesn't include Nigeria) + 6gb data. Calls/texts within the UK are unlimited.
Tesco mobile costs 6p per minute for calls and 0p for SMS to Nigeria (using their international call card or international call app). You can decide to get a line with them if you so wish.

PS: Regardless of what network you're on, you can always download the Tesco app, costs 6p for calls to Nigeria. For example, you can use a Lycamobile line and use the Tesco calling app for your calls to Naija. Just download it from the app or play store and top up as you want. £2.52 will give you 42 mins talk time and unlimited SMS to Naija.
Your Lycamobile number will be what shows up when you call any Naija number.

Thank you o. I don dey find something like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dee4Jesus: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good day everybody. I am new here. I am an HND holder and I will like to apply for a PGD program in the UK for January 2019. Pls a need your help in putting me thru by suggesting colleges or universities that offers PGD programs.(accounting)
A step by step guide on how to go about the whole processing.

Pls o all the gurus in the house should come to my aid. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 5:37am On Oct 02, 2018
Dee4Jesus:
Good day everybody. I am new here. I am an HND holder and I will like to apply for a PGD program in the UK for January 2019. Pls a need your help in putting me thru by suggesting colleges or universities that offers PGD programs.(accounting)
A step by step guide on how to go about the whole processing.

Pls o all the gurus in the house should come to my aid. Thanks

Step 1

Open your browser and visit google.com

Search for universities in UK offering PGD account

Choose a university based on a criteria such as ranking, location, cost, if the name is sweet to say etc.

Apply for admission on university website

Address further questions with regards to admission to the international team of your university

Come back to naira land with specific visa questions.

Good luck

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
Can I get a police Character Certificate (PCC) in Abuja?
If yes how do I go about it
Thanks!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
You need the following documents:
Valid international passport
Two passport-size photographs
Application fees: minimum of (N3,500-N8, 000) it varies.
Bottom line: You may have to negotiate to get the best price.

You can get your police clearance report using any of these 2 methods:

*Applying in person at the force CID, Police Criminal Registry, Alagbon, Lagos State (getting it from Nigeria).
*Applying from your state through Nigeria Police Force website ( http://www.npf.gov.ng/character/index.php )

You can apply in person at the Central Criminal Registry in Lagos, the address is as follows:

Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria.

If you applied at the criminal registry in Lagos, you can get it within a day, but it could take some days if you applied at the state command office.

Since you're in Abuja, apply online or go to:
Visit Zone 7 Police Command Headquarters
Wuse, Abuja
Nigeria.

[b]Note: If you are applying from your state command (Abuja in this case), you may have to wait between 5-7days because it will still be passed to the Criminal registry office in Lagos.

kaad:
Can I get a police Character Certificate (PCC) in Abuja?
If yes how do I go about it
Thanks!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
I just saw this on the internet, what does it mean for students who just left for their masters and those about to go...Guru’s let’s discuss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:48am On Oct 03, 2018
That's basically aimed at people from the EU at the moment to put checks on the free movement being enjoyed by EU citizens.

Ameera2018:
I just saw this on the internet, what does it mean for students who just left for their masters and those about to go...Guru’s let’s discuss

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2018
mimilyrics:
You need the following documents:
Valid international passport
Two passport-size photographs
Application fees: minimum of (N3,500-N8, 000) it varies.
Bottom line: You may have to negotiate to get the best price.

You can get your police clearance report using any of these 2 methods:

*Applying in person at the force CID, Police Criminal Registry, Alagbon, Lagos State (getting it from Nigeria).
*Applying from your state through Nigeria Police Force website ( http://www.npf.gov.ng/character/index.php )

You can apply in person at the Central Criminal Registry in Lagos, the address is as follows:

Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria.

If you applied at the criminal registry in Lagos, you can get it within a day, but it could take some days if you applied at the state command office.

Since you're in Abuja, apply online or go to:
Visit Zone 7 Police Command Headquarters
Wuse, Abuja
Nigeria.

[b]Note: If you are applying from your state command (Abuja in this case), you may have to wait between 5-7days because it will still be passed to the Criminal registry office in Lagos.

Thank you mimi, so expicit

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2018
Testimony time!!!
Thank you everyone for your immence contributions and info given on this platform.
Mimilyrics thank you so much for answering virtually all my questions, and to the guy that decided to be extremely sarcastic with all response thank you all the same.
my dependants (spouse and son) got their visas yesterday 4years 4months each.

TIMELINE

online application 12th September
Bio-metrics 12th September same day as my interview
paid for group service 7k each for both of them so they could have their biometrics with me since i was the only one scheduled for that day
Transfered to UKVI 12th September
Received by UKVI 14th Sept
Decision made 28th Sept
collection mail 28th Sept

Documents Submitted for dependants;

spouse;

- Marriage Cert
- TB test Cert
- CAS of main Applicant
- Leave Approval Letter
- Electricity bills
- wedding, pre-wedding, Vacation and family Pictures
- Whatsapp Chats of about 9months, we didn't go to play

Child
- Birth Certificate (issued over a year from the date child was born) i was so scared this could result in a denial but no it didn't
- TB test Cert
- Consent Letter Signed by both Parents
- Son's Birthday pictures with both parents

Thank you @Dovies

PS: Decision is yet to be made on main applicant's and we submitted as a group. i'm still so surprise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Please i did my biometrics on 21st September, I paid for priority but yet to get a decision on my visa. Is the delay general? THis is already 8 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by heleena86: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
I also did my biometric on the 19th of Sept and have not gotten any response till now. I paid for priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
Looks like there are slight delays due to a last minute surge in applications.
A friend got his visa in 2 weeks (10 working days after submission) using priority: he had his biometrics on Sept 10 and got his decision and pick up email on Sept 24 which was last week Monday. He only slightly missed his latest date of arrival and missed a module already, so plan to be a Lil patient.

Ray2018:
Please i did my biometrics on 21st September, I paid for priority but yet to get a decision on my visa. Is the delay general? THis is already 8 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
mimilyrics:
A friend got his visa in 2 weeks (10 working days after submission) using priority: he had his biometrics on Sept 10 and got his decision and pick up email on Sept 4 which was last week Monday. He only slightly missed his latest date of arrival and missed a module already, so plan to be a Lil patient.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesmond3945: 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
Mutendiwashe:
If there is anyone coming to study in Newcastle or Sunderland who is looking for accommodation hit me up.
i am in newcastle will love to meet up. What do you say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2018
Please which Airline is the best and affordable to the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:20am On Oct 05, 2018
Ray2018:
Please which Airline is the best and affordable to the UK?

Are you looking for best? Or affordable?

Best BA 6HRS

Affordable Royal Air Morocco, or try Aril.

Your best bet is to try sky scanner and Google flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2018
I called UKVI to get an update on my application and I was told it was approved on 2nd October but I’m yet to get a mail or message on collection. My TLS portal is yet to be updated too. Has anyone experienced this situation before and what’s the best way to go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by comsatellite: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
Good day, please who knows how long it takes any of this universities to make an admission decision for masters.

1. University of Greenwich.
2. University of West London.
3. London memorial university.
4. London south bank university.
5. Brunel University, London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ray2018:
I called UKVI to get an update on my application and I was told it was approved on 2nd October but I’m yet to get a mail or message on collection. My TLS portal is yet to be updated too. Has anyone experienced this situation before and what’s the best way to go about it?

I had a similar issue, 2 working days after I called UKVI TLS portal was updated to decision made, I immediately left for TLS just as I was leaving with my passport, I received the pick up mail.
Your passport should be ready for collection by Monday or say Tuesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thonerow(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Bless you mimilyrics
mimilyrics:
Documents missing from your list:

- Copy of the Tier 4 student’s current visa/BRP (front and back), (if applying separately).
- Letter from the university confirming Tier 4 student is currently enrolled, (if applying separately).
- Marriage certificate showing evidence of marriage where the dependant is a spouse (you do not need to submit this if applying for an extension of an existing Tier 4 dependant visa within the UK).
- Evidence of continuing relationship with your partner if you have lived apart for some time (if applying separately). You can evidence this via emails, phone/skype logs, plane tickets from visiting one another, family photos, covering letter laying out your position etc. (This is applicable if the main tier 4 applicant has gotten his/her Visa and gone to the UK without you, his dependent).

2. Your wedding invitation isn't required. Submit your wedding certificate instead.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
mimilyrics:
A friend got his visa in 2 weeks (10 working days after submission) using priority: he had his biometrics on Sept 10 and got his decision and pick up email on Sept 24 which was last week Monday. He only slightly missed his latest date of arrival and missed a module already, so plan to be a Lil patient.

mimi you are so sweet , like someone said earlier you take out time to give replies to questions... i actually benefited from you when i was doing my visa stuff, and praise God i got into the uk.....mim please one thing , my soap and creme has finished nd i have gone round the uk searching for it, i have a very sensitive skin so i am not ready to do a change now.
the base point is, please do u know anyone coming into the uk very soon?? so i can send some money to the person to help me purchase a soap..even if it is one bar, cos a family is coming in november so that person would bring some more.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
Irenenwaka:

mimi you are so sweet , like someone said earlier you take out time to give replies to questions... i actually benefited from you when i was doing my visa stuff, and praise God i got into the uk.....mim please one thing , my soap and creme has finished nd i have gone round the uk searching for it, i have a very sensitive skin so i am not ready to do a change now.
the base point is, please do u know anyone coming into the uk very soon?? so i can send some money to the person to help me purchase a soap..even if it is one bar, cos a family is coming in november so that person would bring some more.

This individual is so matured in response. God bless you Mimi

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2018
kaad:

I had a similar issue, 2 working days after I called UKVI TLS portal was updated to decision made, I immediately left for TLS just as I was leaving with my passport, I received the pick up mail.
Your passport should be ready for collection by Monday or say Tuesday
Thanks very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 6:39am On Oct 06, 2018
Irenenwaka:

What type of soap.

Where can one buy it

Where in UK is the soap going.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2018
Thank you.

Did you check online?
What soap and cream is it? It just might be somewhere you haven't checked.

Right now, I've got no one doing the Naija-UK route.
Irenenwaka:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joyeeeee: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2018
Hello Mimi, Thank you for all your efforts at answering questions on this forum. I really appreciate.

I would love to ask a few question regarding the dependant visa,

1. For the wedding and family photos, should it be hard copies (like normal picture albums) and is 10-15 okay?

2. For the emails and watsaap chat, should it be just chat/email logs or should I print the chats/emails themselves. Also, assuming I have like watsapp chats for 9months, do I print screenshots of the 9 months chats and paste in a single ms document or just print the screenshot in different documents (this will make me have too many documents to submit)

3. Is it neccesary to submit utility bills showing we have been living together? As I and my husband stay in his official residence that came with his appointment, we don't pay bills, the company pays all the bills so the bills are in the companies name. If utility bills are necessary, can I submit the companies utility bills and explain this in my cover letter?

I am applying separately from my husband, he's already in UK
mimilyrics:
Documents missing from your list:

- Copy of the Tier 4 student’s current visa/BRP (front and back), (if applying separately).
- Letter from the university confirming Tier 4 student is currently enrolled, (if applying separately).
- Marriage certificate showing evidence of marriage where the dependant is a spouse (you do not need to submit this if applying for an extension of an existing Tier 4 dependant visa within the UK).
- Evidence of continuing relationship with your partner if you have lived apart for some time (if applying separately). You can evidence this via emails, phone/skype logs, plane tickets from visiting one another, family photos, covering letter laying out your position etc. (This is applicable if the main tier 4 applicant has gotten his/her Visa and gone to the UK without you, his dependent).

2. Your wedding invitation isn't required. Submit your wedding certificate instead.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
umarwy:

What type of soap.

Where can one buy it

Where in UK is the soap going.

hello umarwy...the name of the soap nd creme is ' extract..papaya calamansi'...it has its soap nd creme ...i stay at wolverhampton, but i can come meet u anywhere.
please ma /sir can u drop an email for me so we discuss better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2018
mimilyrics:
Thank you.

Did you check online?
What soap and cream is it? It just might be somewhere you haven't checked.

Right now, I've got no one doing the Naija-UK route.

yes i did check online but the price online is ridiculoius...anyways thanks mim, keep doing ur good works here, i am sure sometime people will start asking you for account number so they can show gratitude lmaaaooooooo.(better say amen)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
Irenenwaka:

hello umarwy...the name of the soap nd creme is ' extract..papaya calamansi'...it has its soap nd creme ...i stay at wolverhampton, but i can come meet u anywhere.
please ma /sir can u drop an email for me so we discuss better.

create a new thread and mention me

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.