Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332259 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkossy: 5:19am On Jun 27, 2019
Jayvallia:
I got a denial in 2017 when I applied for an undergraduate degree. The denial was based on credibility, they didnt think I was a genuine student. Now I tried to apply for a masters to Coventry. The Nigerian rep of Coventry said i should forget UK and try another country. That once you get denied based on credibility you can't get a Visa subsequently. Is this true?

Hey.....

I honestly don't believe the rep is in any position to say that to you. I'd try and talk to the school directly if you can. Yes, denial based on credibility ll make is harder for you to secure a visa (not impossible) compared to others.

I'd think that all you gotta do is show that you are a genuine student and find the refusal letter from the previous application. Find out the reasons they gave for the refusal and also find out if they suggested other documents you could have added to show that you was a genuine student. Should you find these, then you could add them in the current application and hope fore the best.

The rep is just a rep for Coventry Uni, he/she is not the home office so for he/she to say "forget UK and try another country" is arrogant and wrong IMO.

Good luck...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BoswellNig: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello everyone.

I must thank Justwise and co for managing this thread.

I am studying in Glasgow and would be happy to take and answer any questions about life in Glasgow for those wanting to come here to study. All answers will be given here, so that others can follow and learn.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SimpleDimples: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
Any one in University of South Wales?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 6:23am On Jun 28, 2019
BoswellNig:
Hello everyone.

I must thank Justwise and co for managing this thread.

I am studying in Glasgow and would be happy to take and answer any questions about life in Glasgow for those wanting to come here to study. All answers will be given here, so that others can follow and learn.

Cheers.
although I am not coming to Glasgow but HWU in Edinburgh, I will like to know how long it might take to get a work to support my living there and what is the chance of staying in Scotland after my MSc coming with 3 dependants (my family).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BoswellNig: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2019
popplm:
although I am not coming to Glasgow but HWU in Edinburgh, I will like to know how long it might take to get a work to support my living there and what is the chance of staying in Scotland after my MSc coming with 3 dependants (my family).

By jobs, did you mean part-time student jobs or full-time post study jobs? For the first, I reckon that you will likely get them as a student, as there are lots of student jobs in the UK( though I speak of Glasgow, but I also believe that same is applicable to Edinburgh, being the capital city). For full time jobs, I can't say for sure. Not that they are impossible to get, but they will require great acumen, determination and some luck to get.

To the second point about your chance of staying in Scotland after your MSC. The UK immigration rules apply to Scotland as well, so no differentials. I think whether you can stay back will depend on whether you can get a post study job after graduation. One other route is to apply for a PhD, so that after your masters, you could transition to doing a PhD. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2019
BoswellNig:

By jobs, did you mean part-time student jobs or full-time post study jobs? For the first, I reckon that you will likely get them as a student, as there are lots of student jobs in the UK( though I speak of Glasgow, but I also believe that same is applicable to Edinburgh, being the capital city). For full time jobs, I can't say for sure. Not that they are impossible to get, but they will require great acumen, determination and some luck to get.

To the second point about your chance of staying in Scotland after your MSC. The UK immigration rules apply to Scotland as well, so no differentials. I think whether you can stay back will depend on whether you can get a post study job after graduation. One other route is to apply for a PhD, so that after your masters, you could transition to doing a PhD. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!
I mean partime student job for me and fulltime job for my wife as dependant. Also, will my children be able to continue there schooling as dependants in Edinburgh and how much will that cost me per term?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BoswellNig: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2019
popplm:

I mean partime student job for me and fulltime job for my wife as dependant. Also, will my children be able to continue there schooling as dependants in Edinburgh and how much will that cost me per term?

Yes your wife will be able to do full time work here while your children could school here. As regards fees, I am not very sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2019
BoswellNig:

Yes your wife will be able to do full time work here while your children could school here. As regards fees, I am not very sure.
thanks boss...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2019
popplm:

The devil is in the details.
1. How much do you think you can earn (per hour) Working these ‘student jobs’?

2. How much do you think your wife will earn (per hour) Working full time?

3. Although your 3 children can go to free school ( if they are at least 4-years old someone may need to be dropping them in school.

4. Have you thought of rent & utilities? With a wife and 3 children, you need at LEAST a 2 bedroom place.

5. Etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aderin1018: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone.. I want to apply for super poriety service (students Visa) I want to know if they give notification before phone interview or they just call anytime.. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
aderin1018:
Hello everyone.. I want to apply for super poriety service (students Visa) I want to know if they give notification before phone interview or they just call anytime.. thanks

Pardon my intruding.... schools don’t start till September (I think), why would you apply for super-Priority when you have a lot of time to organise your application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello house , please I have been waiting for a reply from my school (middlesex university) for 3 weeks now after my interview , I have sent countless mails without any response, made a call, and they said everything looks good and that I should exercise some patience as they would get back to me soon as regarding the next step. Biko has any one experienced anything like this before?? Is it normal especially after credibility interview with the school?? Please some one should advice me on what to do next as I am worried and confused. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aderin1018: 3:19am On Jun 29, 2019
@Laajiblik I just asked a Yes or No question pls.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
aderin1018:
@Laajiblik I just asked a Yes or No question pls.

Why are you applying for super priority this early in the year

What some people go through to avoid interview £1000 ���.

To my understanding no notification is given.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
umarwy:

Why are you applying for super priority this early in the year

What some people go through to avoid interview £1000 ���.

To my understanding no notification is given.

To avoid interview?
Any prospective student who opts to pay £1000 just to avoid interview is a disgrace.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
LaaJiblik:

To avoid interview?
Any prospective student who opts to pay £1000 just to avoid interview is a disgrace.

I believe that's the up coming trend of recent.

You can see several questions with regards to the lack of interview of the super priority.

Naija would remain Naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayceerilyn(f): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please, for the tuberculosis test, is it just the x-ray that is done? Or do they have a range of other tests too. I'm asking because I saw a thread on Nairaland that someone said they did both blood pressure, height, weight and some other tests.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
kayceerilyn:
Hello everyone,

Please, for the tuberculosis test, is it just the x-ray that is done? Or do they have a range of other tests too. I'm asking because I saw a thread on Nairaland that someone said they did both blood pressure, height, weight and some other tests.

And is this other thread for prospective UK students??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
kayceerilyn:
Hello everyone,

It’s just chest X-ray, I think that blood pressure and all are for Other Country’s Medical fitness like Canada.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by heleena86: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2019
If one can afford super priority service I don't know how it's anyone''s concern. We are here to help each other and answer questions the best way possible. (quote author=LaaJiblik post=79777196]

To avoid interview?
Any prospective student who opts to pay £1000 just to avoid interview is a disgrace.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
heleena86:
If one can afford super priority service I don't know how it's anyone''s concern. We are here to help each other and answer questions the best way possible. (quote author=LaaJiblik post=79777196]

To avoid interview?

It’s still a fact.
Any Graduate who has completed a first degree in Nigeria, and wishes to pursue higher education in the UK but is so scared of interview that such a one would be happy to pay 0.44 Million Naira is a disgrace.

The idea of super-Priority visa is not for Interview dodgers. Come on....
A graduate that is scared of answering questions such as:
What is your career plan?
How will this course help you in achieving your career goals?
What school did you choose? What course? Why that particular school? How would you fund your studies...

Is that one a graduate?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aderin1018: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2019
Just a simple question u are writing stories... Thanks to immigration board
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayceerilyn(f): 5:43am On Jun 30, 2019
Patra123:

It’s just chest X-ray, I think that blood pressure and all are for Other Country’s Medical fitness like Canada.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayceerilyn(f): 5:45am On Jun 30, 2019
umarwy:

And is this other thread for prospective UK students??
Is the TB test not a part of the Visa application process or isn't that what this thread is about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 8:54am On Jun 30, 2019
kayceerilyn:
Is the TB test not a part of the Visa application process or isn't that what this thread is about?

Thread is for questions about T4 students and visa process. Not about going to confuse your self or the thread about other countries visa processing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyebuenyim: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
Good morning all, I have been following this thread for a while now and It has been wonderful. Please I have an issue, I got admission into Nottingham Trent University to study MSc Computing systems and I intend traveling with my wife as my dependant.
1) the issue is that I have a daughter that is 1 year 6 months old that is also applying for a visitors visa with my mom this year, in fact they have already applied and are going to the same Nottingham to visit my sister. I and my wife intend applying next month. I hope this won't affect our visa decision.
2) the second issue, I studied BSc banking and finance and going for MSc computing because I seriously want a career change to Information technology and I have as a hubby for almost all my life practiced computing.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyebuenyim: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
Wow! Nairaland is dry today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
Good morning nairalanders, please I have an unconditional offer for an msc program in university of Kingston, I would like to know if a multinational company is acceptable as a sponsor?
Gurus in the house please help my cause. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cerezo: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
I need info from experienced folks. Is it possible to convert Tier 4 Dependent into Tier 4 General without leaving the UK. By this, I mean after a spouse must have stayed in UK as a dependent, and then try to enroll in school after the other spouse must have rounded off in school. I appreciate your responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.