Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1331847 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oospi(m): 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good evening everyone, #Newbie alert!! Please I need frank answers here is my current position....
1. I have currently secured admission for my MSC at a UK university, the tuition is about 15000
2.the school asked me to pay a deposit of 3500 before I could be issued with CAS. I can come up with the deposit but the issue is....
3. The remainder of the tuition and living expenses, the chances of coming up with it (roughly 20000) And having it in my account for 28 consecutive days are very slim
4. When I saw the above condition I almost gave up, but I have to ask what are my chances of securing a visa if I can just lump the whole money in there for a few days, print the statement of account and submit
5. Again, I can get another 5000 pounds next year(the program starts Jan 2020) what are my chances of completing the program with side hustle?
Thanks everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phayie(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Oospi:
Good evening everyone, #Newbie alert!! Please I need frank answers here is my current position....
1. I have currently secured admission for my MSC at a UK university, the tuition is about 15000
2.the school asked me to pay a deposit of 3500 before I could be issued with CAS. I can come up with the deposit but the issue is....
3. The remainder of the tuition and living expenses, the chances of coming up with it (roughly 20000) And having it in my account for 28 consecutive days are very slim
4. When I saw the above condition I almost gave up, but I have to ask what are my chances of securing a visa if I can just lump the whole money in there for a few days, print the statement of account and submit
5. Again, I can get another 5000 pounds next year(the program starts Jan 2020) what are my chances of completing the program with side hustle?
Thanks everyone

The money needs to be in your account for 28 days before you can print the statement. Also u need to leave the money in your account for atleast 2 wks because they can call to verify your account.
I might not be totally right though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2019
Oospi:
Thanks everyone

The money needs to be in your account for 28 days then you can utilise the statement of account. Note that the date of the account must not be more than 31 days before you apply for visa application.

You will need: 15000 minus 3500 = 11500 pounds for school fees.
Then 9135 pounds for living expenses if your school is outside London (If your school is in London, your maintenance fund should be £7,605 )

You must have 20635 pounds in your account (if your school is outside London) for 28 days before you can apply for visa. You can only apply for visa three months before your course start stathe total amount which is te as seen in your CAS.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Kairosmoment:
@justwise @Zoey @lajibilik

Please I need you to kindly help me review my Teir 4 Visa Process with a Dependent:

1. I got an offer for NTU with School Fees £14,500
2 I got scholarship in form of fee reduction £2,000
3.I paid £6,000 part payment
4. I deposited 10.5Million Naira ( for £21,755 deposit requirement) on June 26th
5. Please, based on exchange rate fluctuations is this enough?

6. I intend to apply july 26th, I have booked TB test for me and my son for july 25th

7. Also, do I have to leave all the 10.5Million in the account through out the 15 working days processing time?

Did you win the NTU International scholarship or Postgraduate Masters scholarship?
Did you apply for Nigeria High Achievers Award scholarship as seen here: https://www.ntu.ac.uk/international/meet-us-in-your-country/visit-schedule-by-country/africa/nigeria ?

Note that in addition to your own Tier 4 visa requirement, tuition fee and your maintenance fund, you must also have the maintenance fund of your dependant. If you want to bring one dependant, this is what you need:

Tuition: 14500 minus 2000: 12500 pounds
Maintenance: NTU is outside london, so 9135 pounds (If inside London, you will need £11385)
Dependant: NTU is outside london hence 6120 pounds (If inside London, you will need £7,605)

Total amount needed in your account since NTU is outside London is: 27755 pounds. You must keep that amount in your account for 28 days before you can apply for visa. Since you have paid part payment of 6,000 pounds, hence you must keep £21,755 in your account for 28 days.
Make sure you tell them you have made part payment and explain explicitly your application.

5. Check currency fluctuation here: https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/

6. Good. You can do TB test now. It lasts for 6 months. But before you apply for visa, make sure all the above is correct

7. Not really.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 19, 2019
Goldengift94:
Hello guys.
A quick one...can I use my school address which I'm using, for my dependant as U.K. Address for Tb test?
yes. Your address and the dependant UK address should be same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kairosmoment: 3:42am On Jul 19, 2019
hosey:

Did you win the NTU International scholarship or Postgraduate Masters scholarship?
Did you apply for Nigeria High Achievers Award scholarship as seen here: https://www.ntu.ac.uk/international/meet-us-in-your-country/visit-schedule-by-country/africa/nigeria ?

Note that in addition to your own Tier 4 visa requirement, tuition fee and your maintenance fund, you must also have the maintenance fund of your dependant. If you want to bring one dependant, this is what you need:

Maintenance: NTU is outside london, so 9135 pounds (If inside London, you will need £11385)
Dependant: NTU is outside london hence 6120 pounds (If inside London, you will need £7,605)

Total amount needed in your account since NTU is outside London is: 27755 pounds. You must keep that amount in your account for 28 days before you can apply for visa. Since you have paid part payment of 6,000 pounds, hence you must keep £21,755 in your account for 28 days.
Make sure you tell them you have made part payment and explain explicitly your application.

6. Good. You can do TB test now. It lasts for 6 months. But before you apply for visa, make sure all the above is correct

7. Not really.

Thank you Sir.

This is Brilliant! Am glad am on course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 19, 2019
Kairosmoment:

Thank you Sir.

This is Brilliant! Am glad am on course.

You didn't answer my NTU scholarship questions. That is not too good from you.

Nigerians like hiding important information sha.

But that shouldd not stop some of us in helping and guiding people.

Continue helping people selfless Nigerians.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kairosmoment: 3:24am On Jul 20, 2019
hosey:

I honestly appreciate your answer and also your sincerity.

But that's a rather hasty conclusion sir.

I honestly didn't understand the question as it was lumped with the answer; I was wondering if it concerned my application process.

You could as well clearly stated a question in a way that makes me know you were requiring an information.

There is no motive to hide; It's a fee reduction--- It's a Master's Scholarship.
All info and next deadline are here.
https://www.ntu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-and-fees/scholarships

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kairosmoment: 3:27am On Jul 20, 2019
hosey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goldengift94(f): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
hosey:

yes. Your address and the dependant UK address should be same.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2019
Kairosmoment:

I honestly appreciate your answer and also your sincerity.

But that's a rather hasty conclusion sir.

I honestly didn't understand the question as it was lumped with the answer; I was wondering if it concerned my application process.

You could as well clearly stated a question in a way that makes me know you were requiring an information.

There is no motive to hide; It's a fee reduction--- It's a Master's Scholarship.
All info and next deadline are here.
https://www.ntu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-and-fees/scholarships

Thank you sir
Ok no wahala. Sorry if it offended u. I felt u neglected me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
hosey:

It’s unfair to lump up over 100,000,000 people.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2019
LaaJiblik:

It’s unfair to lump up over 100,000,000 people.
Check the above. You will know y I said the statement.

We have both resolved the issue and buried the hatchet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:18am On Jul 22, 2019
Abini2012:

When are you travelling? Am going to Coventry via Birmingham in a week or 2.. Emirates in my research has the lowest price for one way. You can get a flight with 2hrs layover.
We can travel together if u like, send me a mail
Coventry my alma mata.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nwabobo: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
wondychiqe:

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Am choosing kings cos of the prestige and they have the 1st and best nursing school, though i applied to 4 other schools in which Greenwich was among but i didn't get offers
My aunt plans to accomodate for 6months. Though we plan to be accomodated for just 3months and she says my partner can get a job in 3months
I also have an offer for university of bedfordshire which is cheaper but na name we dey chase. I think i better i rethink my decision as you don put fear for my mind. Is it really that hard staying back even as a nurse?

I hope you do know that Kings tuition for Nursing is £28K pounds per annum and you get to pay that + the yearly increment every year for the duration of the course (three years for the degree and 2 for PGdip).

I'm an alumnus of the Kings Nursing faculty.

That tuition is exorbitant in my opinion considering nurses remuneration in the UK. I don't know what your long term plans are though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OLEJESU: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2019
Good day to everyone here. Is it compulsory to have your accommodation details before applying for my visa or I can just explain what accommodation plans o have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone! Pls I'm confused about the law regarding dependant. My hubby and I are divorced and I have a 4 year old daughter who will be joining me for my post graduate study. The law says both parent have to apply b4 a dependant Visa can be issued to d child. Pls is there any other way around it cos her father and I no longer communicate? Cc Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Icesnow:
Hi everyone! Pls I'm confused about the law regarding dependant. My hubby and I are divorced and I have a 4 year old daughter who will be joining me for my post graduate study. The law says both parent have to apply b4 a dependant Visa can be issued to d child. Pls is there any other way around it cos her father and I no longer communicate? Cc Justwise

Will you be able to get a letter of consent from your ex husband?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
justwise:

Will you be able to get a letter of consent from your ex husband?
Yes, I can. What proof do I need to show the embassy that he consented to it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
Icesnow:
Yes, I can. What proof do I need to show the embassy that he consented to it?

He will give you the consent to travel with your daughter alone without him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
justwise:

He will give you the consent to travel with your daughter alone without him
ok, thanks. But I saw this on a university website.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Icesnow:
ok, thanks. But I saw this on a university website.

Yes i know about that rule but you can't force your ex husband to travel with you leaving his job or new family.

You need to present an evidence to support the fact that the marriage has ended and you have custody of the child and he has given you the consent to travel with her.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
justwise:

Yes i know about that rule but you can't force your ex husband to travel with you leaving his job or new family.

You need to present an evidence to support the fact that the marriage has ended and you have custody of the child and he has given you the consent to travel with her.
Ok, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phayie(m): 6:32am On Jul 24, 2019
hosey:

7. Not really. U

Please can you expantiate more about #7? Why did u say "not really"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2019
hosey:

7. Not really.

Why not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iampistis(f): 9:06am On Jul 24, 2019
@justwise and others...help me in finding peace of mind. I laminated all my certificates since 7 years ago but recently checked the certificates where I kept them and discovered that the lamination has reacted on my bachelor degree certificate (I don't know if this is a chemical reaction or not) but some few words have faded. I had to remove to lamination from that particular side in order to save my certificate but still half of my certificate is still laminated. My other certificates (WAEC, NYSC and birth certificates) are in good condition. If I go for documents submission, hope this won't affect my visa issuance? Though, my name and other things are still bold on the certificate. I have an original copy of my transcript too but I'm just scared about the condition of my certificate. I hope to get a prompt reply. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by esskay1(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2019
Hello Champs,

Please I want to know if someone who wants to study (BSc) in the UK needs to write IELTS or can WAEC result be used in place of IELTS, will the embassy also ask for IELTS

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chigojude: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2019
iampistis:
@justwise and others...help me in finding peace of mind. I laminated all my certificates since 7 years ago but recently checked the certificates where I kept them and discovered that the lamination has reacted on my bachelor degree certificate (I don't know if this is a chemical reaction or not) but some few words have faded. I had to remove to lamination from that particular side in order to save my certificate but still half of my certificate is still laminated. My other certificates (WAEC, NYSC and birth certificates) are in good condition. If I go for documents submission, hope this won't affect my visa issuance? Though, my name and other things are still bold on the certificate. I have an original copy of my transcript too but I'm just scared about the condition of my certificate. I hope to get a prompt reply. Thanks

If time is on your side..try getting a notarized copy of your certificate from your school registry and send in alongside the formerly laminated certificate. That should suffice to show them that you are on the right path.

And please to all that care to listen

NEVER LAMINATE YOUR CERTIFICATES, IT IS ARCHAIC, BARBARIC AND BAD PRACTICE!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 10:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Good morning all, please any someone studying at University of Central Lancashire 2019 September intake? Let's know ourselves.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2019
iampistis:

Can't you get it reissued?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2019
esskay1:
Hello Champs,

Please I want to know if someone who wants to study (BSc) in the UK needs to write IELTS or can WAEC result be used in place of IELTS, will the embassy also ask for IELTS

Thank you

Your prospective school will definitely provide you with the details.

As an undergrad, I don’t think IELTS is required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nwabobo: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2019
wondychiqe:

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Am choosing kings cos of the prestige and they have the 1st and best nursing school, though i applied to 4 other schools in which Greenwich was among but i didn't get offers
My aunt plans to accomodate for 6months. Though we plan to be accomodated for just 3months and she says my partner can get a job in 3months
I also have an offer for university of bedfordshire which is cheaper but na name we dey chase. I think i better i rethink my decision as you don put fear for my mind. Is it really that hard staying back even as a nurse?

I See you've sent me a DM but the problem is that I no longer have access to the email linked with this account as I only opened it then to create this account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.