Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332292 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by geofelx: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Emeraldvoque:
Good news!!!! grin grin grin. I have received my visa today.
Here’s my timeline:
Application submission: July 24
Biometrics and Credibility interview: July 31
UKVI Sheffield acknowledgment mail: August 1
Collection mail from TLS : August 21
15 working days in total.
I wish every other applicant success in their application.
.Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Neweko: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
@Emeraldvoque congrats, just a few question.

Did you pay part of your fees or all?
I ping you a mail if you dont mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jomiti: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good evening all..
Please I need answers to these questions

1. Can anyone kindly confirm if the tier 1 pilot scheme works here in Nigeria for schools under the program especially in terms of showing no docs?

2. My Tb test was met to be today but my passport just got missing can I rebook a new appointment immediately I get a new passport and can anyone pls confirm if Abuja iom is faster than lagos in terms of appointments

I am starting all over getting a school that do late September intake due to this set back.

Please any positive advise or suggestions are welcome. Thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emeraldvoque: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thank you very much grin

geofelx:
.Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emeraldvoque: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thank you, wishing you too all the best.

Maxihyfr:

damn... congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emeraldvoque: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thank you grin. Okay, I will check it.
It can be paid in 2 installments in my school; first one before registration and the second installment not later than 6 weeks after registration.

Neweko:
@Emeraldvoque congrats, just a few question.

Did you pay part of your fees or all?
I ping you a mail if you dont mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 12:28am On Aug 22, 2019
Evening all please who is still awake and is trying to book for appointment are there no free dates don’t understand those blank things. And is walk in still feasible seems they are so busy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by skyscraper123: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2019
Jomiti:
Good evening all..

1. Can anyone kindly confirm if the tier 1 pilot scheme works here in Nigeria for schools under the program especially in terms of showing no docs?

2. My Tb test was met to be today but my passport just got missing can I rebook a new appointment immediately I get a new passport and can anyone pls confirm if Abuja iom is faster than lagos in terms of appointments

I am starting all over getting a school that do late September intake due to this set back.

I dunno about number 1
Number 2 however..inform the IOM via mail about the missing passport and ask them for a reschedule so that they can remove your name from the slot they gave you.
I can also tell you for a fact that the Abuja centre is easier to deal with than Lag. My friend did in Lagos while I did in Abuja and he complained terribly of overcrowding while I was done in less than an hour.. no exaggeration.. but I dnt understand what you mean by "faster in terms of appointment"...u can book whenever you want in both centres..buh in Abj..they gave me 9:45 am..i got ther 9:30 and was done by few minutes past 10...i was told to come back by 4pm exactly.. I was back for my certificate by 3:30pm and by 4pm I got my cert.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by skyscraper123: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2019
Jomiti:
Good evening all..

Also I feel u can catch up if u have d money...it all depends on when the passport will be ready.. tb test is a day thing.. u can book your visa biometrics d next day sef..u can book wtout d medical certificate .when doing your visa application and even when booking appointment for biometrics..u re not mandated to submit any document online..u can go for the assist options instead of self upload. .this implies you'll submit d documents on d day of your appointment rather than online... so u can start applying for d visa..pay health surcharge.. then book ur medical appointment... and book your visa appointment even for the day after your med test.. then bear in mind that u can only do this if u re rest assured in urself that u dnt have TB cuz u re taking a huge risk.. for example..if ur passport comes out today the 22nd... u can start ur visa application.. pay d visa fee and health surcharge fee and go into biometrics appointment booking... by that time u must have already gotten an appointment with IOM and let's say it's for the 24th..u can book ur biometrics for 25th... cuz d tb test cert is a day affair provided u do not have TB....I'm also assuming u already had admission and cas before u booked d med test for the 1st tym..
Then as for the visa application..you have to apply for priority or super priority... priority has a waiting period of 5 working days..tho mine took longer I had to ask them about ot sef before they tld me it had been there for pickup since..and it was ready in dat 5days space..only that they dint notify me..and i actually paid to be notified oo.. Super priority they get back to u in 24hrs..dis is ideal 4 ur case buh super expensive..dats all I hv as advice for now...if u want to run a crash course... did is d way..otherwise u can go thru d late Sept admission stuff

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2019
joyivro:
Evening all please who is still awake and is trying to book for appointment are there no free dates don’t understand those blank things. And is walk in still feasible seems they are so busy.
joyivro:
Morning please I’m waiting for ur answers o any help regards appointment please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by skyscraper123: 9:19am On Aug 22, 2019
joyivro:

Morning please I’m waiting for ur answers o any help regards appointment please
Walk ins are for a price...wher are you doing your biometrics..lag or abj?? Also can u send a screenshot of what u re calling blank spaces...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2019
skyscraper123:

Walk ins are for a price...wher are you doing your biometrics..lag or abj?? Also can u send a screenshot of what u re calling blank spaces...
I’m sure those blank spaces mean no available slots but what I want to know now can I go ahead and book for a free slot in September upload my documents then walk in say tomorrow.
Biometrics at abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2019
Whoever told you to book appointment before your count hit 28days has given you A VISA already.
If your account statement is more than 31 days there may not be an issue but id its less than before you submitted online, there is an issue.
All the same, if you are Tier 4 pilot why add account statement, some people just like oversabi.
Application day is when you submit online.
UKVI rules specify otherwise, wait for full 28days then apply and in this case you were told not to add account statement for Tier 4 Pilot.
But, Yes I believe in God's favour.
If you had taken your time to read these stuffs , nobody would mislead you, neither would you confuse yourself.
Most of these school reps don't know that much about UKVI rules, I have had to point out things to several of them a number of times from different schools.
Just ask God for favour.

Missngozi123:
Good morning house
I've come with another question please
I lodged the required £20k funds in my account as specified on the 26th of july, meaning my 28 day count ends this week Friday
However I was advised by my school Rep to go ahead and book an appointment online which i did and as such, my biometrics is next week.
Here's my confusion now pls
I've just read online that the application date shouldn't be more than 31 days from the 28th date on the bank statement. Is the application date when you submit online or when you actually go to do your biometrics and interview?
I brought this up with the school Rep and the advisor from UKEAS and they both said it doesn't matter as my school is on tier 4 pilot, that I'm only adding bank statement as supporting evidence as my document checklist is just my certificate . Will this affect my decision.
Or do I have to cancel my application and rebook after the 28 days is complete.
Outside of this, I think I have everything else covered
Please kindly advise.
@justwise @mr2810
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2019
I have used both centres and modus operandi, timing is same.
Do yourself that favour of going on time.
Call in ,explain to them.
Yes I have seen them attend to someone without passport who had a scanned copy because her Dad travelled and had it with him.
So if you have a scanned copy anywhere tell them.
They are human.
Tier 4 Pilot works for anyone who applies to the schools under it in the UK, its not A Nigerian program.
Alot of schools resume late September, use google ASAP.

Jomiti:
Good evening all..

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mr2810: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2019
@Missngozi,

The advice from your school rep and UKEAS is based on the fact that your school is on the Tier 4 pilot scheme and they are right! Otherwise the 28 days thing mandatory. Am sure your would have notice that financial evidence is not stated on your checklist that was generated after your application submission .

So rest easy and go for your biometrics next week. The rejection rate is pretty low so you have nothing to worry particularly when you are going to a school on the tier 4 pilot scheme. Nevertheless I am wishing you all the best.
Missngozi123:
Good morning house
I've come with another question please
I lodged the required £20k funds in my account as specified on the 26th of july, meaning my 28 day count ends this week Friday
However I was advised by my school Rep to go ahead and book an appointment online which i did and as such, my biometrics is next week.
Here's my confusion now pls
I've just read online that the application date shouldn't be more than 31 days from the 28th date on the bank statement. Is the application date when you submit online or when you actually go to do your biometrics and interview?
I brought this up with the school Rep and the advisor from UKEAS and they both said it doesn't matter as my school is on tier 4 pilot, that I'm only adding bank statement as supporting evidence as my document checklist is just my certificate . Will this affect my decision.
Or do I have to cancel my application and rebook after the 28 days is complete.
Outside of this, I think I have everything else covered
Please kindly advise.
@justwise @mr2810
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
Smiley01:
Yes i emailed them on Monday, got a response that a decision has been made on Tuesday, collected my passport today.

Please can you give me the email you used in contacting them? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smiley01: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
I did mine in lagos and there was nothing like overcrowding , and i got my certificate fews minutes after the scan instead of coming back later to pick it up.

skyscraper123:

I dunno about number 1
Number 2 however..inform the IOM via mail about the missing passport and ask them for a reschedule so that they can remove your name from the slot they gave you.
I can also tell you for a fact that the Abuja centre is easier to deal with than Lag. My friend did in Lagos while I did in Abuja and he complained terribly of overcrowding while I was done in less than an hour.. no exaggeration.. but I dnt understand what you mean by "faster in terms of appointment"...u can book whenever you want in both centres..buh in Abj..they gave me 9:45 am..i got ther 9:30 and was done by few minutes past 10...i was told to come back by 4pm exactly.. I was back for my certificate by 3:30pm and by 4pm I got my cert.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smiley01: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
This is the link ..https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/enq/language/English...but you will have to pay a one time charge of about 2500 in naira

[quote author=Sleeksylvia post=81497613]
Please can you give me the email you used in contacting them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Splendblex(f): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
STENON:
Best day so far cheesy, Happy me kiss cheesy... God is faithful. I got my full Teaching licence and fully qualified to be a Mathematics and Physics Teacher in UK. No probational or conditional registration but Full Registration.

Wow....I am so happppyyy

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Missngozi123: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
Okay
Thank you so much
I'd definitely keep you updated

The advice from your school rep and UKEAS is based on the fact that your school is on the Tier 4 pilot scheme and they are right! Otherwise the 28 days thing mandatory. Am sure your would have notice that financial evidence is not stated on your checklist that was generated after your application submission .

So rest easy and go for your biometrics next week. The rejection rate is pretty low so you have nothing to worry particularly when you are going to a school on the tier 4 pilot scheme. Nevertheless I am wishing you all the best.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Missngozi123: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hello
Thank you for your response
Well I guess at this point, I'd just try and hope for the best.
Fingers crossed and praying to God .
Whoever told you to book appointment before your count hit 28days has given you A VISA already.
If your account statement is more than 31 days there may not be an issue but id its less than before you submitted online, there is an issue.
All the same, if you are Tier 4 pilot why add account statement, some people just like oversabi.
Application day is when you submit online.
UKVI rules specify otherwise, wait for full 28days then apply and in this case you were told not to add account statement for Tier 4 Pilot.
But, Yes I believe in God's favour.
If you had taken your time to read these stuffs , nobody would mislead you, neither would you confuse yourself.
Most of these school reps don't know that much about UKVI rules, I have had to point out things to several of them a number of times from different schools.
Just ask God for favour.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kkk09man: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
skyscraper123:

Also I feel u can catch up if u have d money...it all depends on when the passport will be ready.. tb test is a day thing.. u can book your visa biometrics d next day sef..u can book wtout d medical certificate .when doing your visa application and even when booking appointment for biometrics..u re not mandated to submit any document online..u can go for the assist options instead of self upload. .this implies you'll submit d documents on d day of your appointment rather than online... so u can start applying for d visa..pay health surcharge.. then book ur medical appointment... and book your visa appointment even for the day after your med test.. then bear in mind that u can only do this if u re rest assured in urself that u dnt have TB cuz u re taking a huge risk.. for example..if ur passport comes out today the 22nd... u can start ur visa application.. pay d visa fee and health surcharge fee and go into biometrics appointment booking... by that time u must have already gotten an appointment with IOM and let's say it's for the 24th..u can book ur biometrics for 25th... cuz d tb test cert is a day affair provided u do not have TB....I'm also assuming u already had admission and cas before u booked d med test for the 1st tym..
Then as for the visa application..you have to apply for priority or super priority... priority has a waiting period of 5 working days..tho mine took longer I had to ask them about ot sef before they tld me it had been there for pickup since..and it was ready in dat 5days space..only that they dint notify me..and i actually paid to be notified oo.. Super priority they get back to u in 24hrs..dis is ideal 4 ur case buh super expensive..dats all I hv as advice for now...if u want to run a crash course... did is d way..otherwise u can go thru d late Sept admission stuff

Please Skyscraper, help me I'm in a similar situation with what you just narrated above about your passport collection waiting days. I paid for priority service and today makes it the 9th working day and I have not heard anything from them. Kindly assist with the contact you used to reach them for enquiry. I guess it's TLS you contacted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
Smiley01:
This is the link ..https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/enq/language/English...but you will have to pay a one time charge of about 2500 in naira

Ok. Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by favor100: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hey guys . Plan help me out with this questions.

1. What is a good intended arrival date to put eg if I resume 30th september and I want to apply on the 26th of august. Is there a date that is too early to put?
Also when it says When will you arrive , I believe they are talking about our intended arrival date too right?

2. Also based on the timing, Should I ask the school to put latest date on CAS to improve my chances?

3. For the tier 4 pilot program is it advisable to put your bank statement if you have been refused visa visa for funds matter. Are they likely to request it based on that previous refusal?

4. What do you do if you have multiple CAS. Like for instance after you changed your mind about a place but they later give you CAS. Can having more than one CAS affect your application. If so what should be done

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2019
Hello Everyone

Has anyone been asked to do a sputum test after TB ex-ray?

If yes, how long did it take to get the result?

Urgent response needed please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=kkk09man post=81506457][color=#006600][/color]

Any response from them yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
Every time you go for this test ,they outline all this.
The best person to answer is the Doctor that attended to you @ IOM.

Unfanthomable:
Hello Everyone

Has anyone been asked to do a sputum test after TB ex-ray?

If yes, how long did it take to get the result?

Urgent response needed please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
1. You can arrive the UK a month before your course start date.
Do the Maths.
2.You can't tell your school the date to put on your CAS, should you not get your Visa on time, you can request extension.
3. Tier 4 pilot says don't add account statement.
If they need further clarification, it will be requested.
Adding statement would not stop them checking your immigration history.
4. If you have multiple CAS the moment you use one, UKVI will notify other schools and the others will be cancelled.

favor100:
Hey guys . Plan help me out with this questions.

1. What is a good intended arrival date to put eg if I resume 30th september and I want to apply on the 26th of august. Is there a date that is too early to put?
Also when it says When will you arrive , I believe they are talking about our intended arrival date too right?

2. Also based on the timing, Should I ask the school to put latest date on CAS to improve my chances?

3. For the tier 4 pilot program is it advisable to put your bank statement if you have been refused visa visa for funds matter. Are they likely to request it based on that previous refusal?

4. What do you do if you have multiple CAS. Like for instance after you changed your mind about a place but they later give you CAS. Can having more than one CAS affect your application. If so what should be done

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by favor100: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thanks so much. Meanwhile I hope they dont ask cus the amount dropped a little below the required amount for about 2 days.

Zoey1:
1. You can arrive the UK a month before your course start date.
Do the Maths.
2.You can't tell your school the date to put on your CAS, should you not get your Visa on time, you can request extension.
3. Tier 4 pilot says don't add account statement.
If they need further clarification, it will be requested.
Adding statement would not stop them checking your immigration history.
4. If you have multiple CAS the moment you use one, UKVI will notify other schools and the others will be cancelled.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kuchinma: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
What are the steps in applying for student visa after securing admission that will commence by september?
Please pals am new here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
Start from Page 1.

Kuchinma:
What are the steps in applying for student visa after securing admission that will commence by september?
Please pals am new here

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nobody is going to ask you but the rule stipulates not less than required amount for 28days.

favor100:
Thanks so much. Meanwhile I hope they dont ask cus the amount dropped a little below the required amount for about 2 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.