Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330355 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 6:12am On Sep 08, 2015
ebakwest:

well I don't have anyone who has done it but like it's written on tls site, it's within 5 working days except if there are unforseen circumstances. I did my interview last Thursday so by God's grace it should be ready this Friday.
a friend of mine got his own decision on his visa after 4working days then got his delivered by the courier service on the 6th day....I'm talking about him cuz he paid for the priority service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Personally I think people applying now have to calm down and be patient. You guys applied during the peak period. It means that they have a lot of applications right now. And you need to also realize that they are humans too. You need to all relax and not give yourself unnecessary emotional stress. You will get your visas in due time.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 9:26am On Sep 08, 2015
Interview is on Friday....any tips/ suggestions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by martinoonline(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2015
Hello people, please I have my interview today. Urgently looking for direction and nobody seems to know the place. Please how can I get to:

TelePerformance Abuja Visa Application Centre
3rd Floor, El Yakub House, Plot 1129
Zakariaya Maimalari Street
off Herbert Macauley Way, CBD, Abuja
Abuja.

I'm currently around Wuse market.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chiinj(m): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2015
martinoonline:
Hello people, please I have my interview today. Urgently looking for direction and nobody seems to know the place. Please how can I get to:

Abuja.

Enter a cab (drop). Tell the driver you are going to UK visa centre opposite War college in Area 10. It's pretty popular and a bit close to Wuse so it shouldn't cost so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by martinoonline(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2015
chiinj:

Enter a cab (drop). Tell the driver you are going to UK visa centre opposite War college in Area 10. It's pretty popular and a bit close to Wuse so it shouldn't cost so much.

Thank you so much! I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2015
martinoonline:

Abuja.

Take a cab.its not difficult just know the street and address.all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2015
Pls will I have the chance to add anymore documents after the interview?urgent pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by martinoonline(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2015
crazydove:

Take a cab.its not difficult just know the street and address.all the best

Ok, thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Patience is key when applying close to resumption dates. Let me give a brief highlight of my application timelines:
a. 12th August 2015- Application submitted at VI VAC.
b. 19th August 2015- Application received by Sheffield office.
c. 29th August 2015- Decision made on Application.
d. 4th September 2015- Collection mail sent by TLS.

If you are in a hurry, use the Ikeja VAC or the Abuja VAC. Or better still pay for priority service.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by seyifunmi01: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
I just got my visa. But I was given only 10hrs 2 work during term time instead of 20hrs. And my sch is heriot watt unuversity. Is this an error or any similar cases.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
martinoonline:

Please i'm experiencing same issue with payment of IHS, please somebody helppppppppp!

@manskido: When you're able to sort this out, please let me know how you did it.

I used Union bank to do my payments. Union bank has not yet effected the $300 limit given by CBN. So just use a naira mastercard to do the payment online. Before it can work however make sure you activate your card to do international payments from Nigeria. If not, the bank will think that since you are paying for something in dollars and you are in Nigeria, someone is trying to be fraudulent with your card. It takes just 24hours to activate your mastercard. You will get a username and a password when you activate it. This username and password will pop up when you want to make your IHS payments.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sylverbox(m): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
House, please should I be worried? I took the visa interview on the 28the of last month and I received a mail today stating that a decision has been made already despite the fact that its not up to 2weeks like I was told.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
seyifunmi01:
I just got my visa. But I was given only 10hrs 2 work during term time instead of 20hrs. And my sch is heriot watt unuversity. Is this an error or any similar cases.

I got the same thing too. Are you a female by the way? I wonder why they seem to be making the error a lot lately. Congrats by the way....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chiinj(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sylverbox:
House, please should I be worried? I took the visa interview on the 28the of last month and I received a mail today stating that a decision has been made already despite the fact that its not up to 2weeks like I was told.

I applied on the same day and I got the same mail this morning. Don't be worried. Visa processing times differ.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hi Ebakwest, I also went for my appointment on Thursday and I used the priority service too and I got an email that same day that my application has been sent but up till now it hasn't been received by UKVI and tomorrow makes it the fifth day, please what's the status of your application now? because I'm a bit worried. I thought it took five working days.
ebakwest:

I honestly feel you!
Since my interview last Thursday with priority and premium service, I have been really anxious.
Did you pay for priority? and when did you apply??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
derena:
Hi Ebakwest, I also went for my appointment on Thursday and I used the priority service too and I got an email that same day that my application has been sent but up till now it hasn't been received by UKVI and tomorrow makes it the fifth day, please what's the status of your application now? because I'm a bit worried. I thought it took five working days.

Looks like priority is processed here in nigeria. Yesterday was my appointment and i got an email today from Lagos Visa office, british deputy high commission that they have received it and has been transferred for a decision. Maybe its a system error and they forgot to send the mail to you. Status of mine on tls is received by ukvi. You should get it by the 6th day(thursday) everything being equal. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
1step2right:
all those who are anxious should relax, God will favour you. just smile

please house I need your help o......I had way more than the maintenance fee in my account and remaining tuition fees for more than a month but I recently deposited another 1.5 M into my account early this month. I want to know if I'm save. should I start counting another 28 days or I don't need to?

worry359, justwise and the house...please help

If you had more than the required amount before this deposit then you have no problem. In fact they would like to know that the account is active during that 28day period and that activity includes deposit and withdrawal of money. As long as the money never goes below the required amount during that 28day period then you are okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
OtseD:

If you had more than the required amount before this deposit then you have no problem. In fact they would like to know that the account is active during that 28day period and that activity includes deposit and withdrawal of money. As long as the money never goes below the required amount during that 28day period then you are okay.

thank you Jesus. *heartbeat slowed down* ...lol......thank you OtseD e-hugs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
derena:
ebakwest:

well I don't have anyone who has done it but like it's written on tls site, it's within 5 working days except if there are unforseen circumstances. I did my interview last Thursday so by God's grace it should be ready this Friday.
Abeg oh. You guys should not scare me. I did mine today with priority. Did you both apply via Victoria Island?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
OtseD:

Looks like priority is processed here in nigeria. Yesterday was my appointment and i got an email today from Lagos Visa office, british deputy high commission that they have received it and has been transferred for a decision. Maybe its a system error and they forgot to send the mail to you. Status of mine on tls is received by ukvi. You should get it by the 6th day(thursday) everything being equal. All the best

Yeah. Someone at the centre whispered this (that priority applications are processed here) to me. So I'm just hopeful that I'd get it by Tuesday, latest. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
1step2right:
all those who are anxious should relax, God will favour you. just smile

please house I need your help o......I had way more than the maintenance fee in my account and remaining tuition fees for more than a month but I recently deposited another 1.5 M into my account early this month. I want to know if I'm save. should I start counting another 28 days or I don't need to?
worry359, justwise and the house...please help

If you have receipts or proof where the 1.5M came from then it would be good to include them with a BRIEF explanation of such a large sum.
Just to keep them happy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TinukeOlu: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
pls whats the interview procedure house?Do they take all ur documents before the interview or they accept it after the interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
poshstore:
pls whats the interview procedure house?Do they take all ur documents before the interview or they accept it after the interview?

Before. All your documents would be collected (in the sealed file jacket) just before your biometrics. If you still have other documents (e.g extra photocopies), you would be asked to leave them outside whilst you attend your interview in a small room. Once you're done with your interview, you're free to go.

*** As experienced in the VI centre ***
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.
Anyone should pls provide a good reply on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
worry359:

If you have receipts or proof where the 1.5M came from then it would be good to include them with a BRIEF explanation of such a large sum.
Just to keep them happy.

how can I show them evidence, or should I just explain to them that my mum deposited it into my account for the purpose of my education?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
dannyabba:

Before. All your documents would be collected (in the sealed file jacket) just before your biometrics. If you still have other documents (e.g extra photocopies), you would be asked to leave them outside whilst you attend your interview in a small room. Once you're done with your interview, you're free to go.

*** As experienced in the VI centre ***
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all.

O my! Thts my school but I defered my offer to next year.why don't you book a hotel or a smaller place because they will ask you where you will be staying.it should be close to the school.maybe someone with a better idea might help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
1step2right:

how can I show them evidence, or should I just explain to them that my mum deposited it into my account for the purpose of my education?

Yes, get a letter from your Mom saying that.
There should be no problem but better to be ready with an answer first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by manskido: 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Please this IHS payment thing has become very frustrating now,it keeps bringing up payment declined!I have tried to pay with at least 5 different debit cards,i have tried diamond visa card,GTB mastercard,zenith mastercard,and 2 different US debit cards,i have tried to make this payment at least 20 different times,I have had to redo a new application/restart my application 5 times now.is there any solution pleasedoes anyone know whats going on. @justwise help!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.