Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1331601 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2019
reincarnation:

Morning boss, what if you just got married a month to application? Won't it be a red flag?

That shouldn't be an issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by monfizzy(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2019
kode12:

I just sent you a message @monfizzy please check

Sorry don’t have access to the email associated to this account anymore. Kindly resend to....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2019
Goodmorning all. Someone was trying to pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria and the charges are too much to bear. Please who can explain the easiest way to pay UK tuition fees without paying some additional charges like swift or bank charges for international payment ?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2019
AmbHenry92:
Good morning guys. No doubt we have smart guys here, when i need clarification i come to this forum and go through questions and answers posts. So Transperent unlike agents that wont tell you most truth, but this forum would do so especially with hot debates over subject matters. Thumbs up guys!

That been said, Please i would like to get some clarifiation. I am to apply for Visa on monday 25th Nov, thereafter pick the next available date for interview here in Abuja. I am thinking of which would be better, standard or Priority? Reasons been that my resumption date is 27th January and i have heard that you are not allowed into the UK except a month to your start date which for mine is 27th Dec. Contrary to this some sources are saying the moment i get my visa i can travel even 2weeks to my expected depature date. The truth is, i intend traveling earlier so that i can settle down do everything like getting NI and a Job as well as work a bit before my start date which is 27th Jan 2020. I also want to travel before the xmas/new year period 20th dec to 1st jan 2020. This is to avoid the stress, risk and cost of traveling that period. If i am to make do with the "one-month to course start date" then i am expected to leave by 27th Dec and my parents already said i wld hv to postpone the trip and wait till first week of January to travel and this could make the time i hv to settle down before classes short. Hence to achive travelling earlier the taught of priorty came up. Because standard could place my visa coming in at mid Dec and before i could prepare, the xmas period is up against me. So guys please i need ur advice, suggestion and clarification mostly about departure time after visa is issued me.

Also i had to refusal from Australia in Feb and August over insufficient home ties, hope this wont be much a problem because i would be tendering my previous refusals. Though i now have a registered Telecommunucations Business name with CAC, this business brings in daily cash flow and is visible on my prove of funds though my mom is my sponsor but the money is in my account. I also currently have an employment with an NGO since March,(180k salary). But after bringing these documents including membership certificate with Red Cross, Rotary international, my 7.0 Ielts all just to make things juicy this time, BCIE are of the view that these doesnt matter for UK. I should only work with whats on my CAS (which is degree, transcript and prove of funds) that theres no need saying or supporting my application with home ties employment and other documents. I am only been careful and proactive. Thanks guys in anticipation.

1. You need to forget about traveling early to get NI so as to start working before your school starts because that is impossible.

You will be lucky to get NI by Feb 2020, you need to do your orientation first, get letter from your school to open bank account before thinking about job. Many job agencies will ask for a letter from your school as well.

2. Your parents are right..forgot about traveling before Xmas because the chances of getting a visa before Xmas is remote because of huge demand and cost of ticket will be sky high.

First to second week of January is your best bet if you apply now.

3. All you need are those documents listed in your CAS.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cerezo: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2019
Maybe he/she can get pounds into a dom account and also request for a master/visa card attached to the dom account. With this card, having no limit, tuition payment should be a breeze. These are my thoughts.

STENON:
Goodmorning all. Someone was trying to pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria and the charges are too much to bear. Please who can explain the easiest way to pay UK tuition fees without paying some additional charges like swift or bank charges for international payment ?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2019
cerezo:
Maybe he/she can get pounds into a dom account and also request for a master/visa card attached to the dom account. With this card, having no limit, tuition payment should be a breeze. These are my thoughts.

thanks bro for your thoughts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2019
cerezo:

Are they any changes when someone withdraws or pays using this account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2019
kreatorsink:
good morning everyone, i got offers from coventry university (Data science with computational intelligence) and robert gordon university aberdeen (information technology with business intelligence). i will like to get information that can make me make a better decision. is scotland a good place to study,work and acclimatize. lastly, i have some money in my regular account and Dom account(Euro), should i convert it into naira before tendering my statement account? thank you.

Depends on your interests tbh. For more tech job propspects, I'd suggest Data Science with Computational Intelligence. You can compare course contents and find out which aligns with your interests.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kayvine4u: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2019
I apparently didn't see your earlier comment.Thanks for the heads up, this is quite helpful.

I spoke to a current student of RGU and Im better informed now.

Cheers man��
STENON:
Maybe you didn't check your mention
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eddymatti(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Good morning all, please I need someone who have better idea of Coventry university and how good is the school. I planned going to Coventry university this January to study computer science.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinlin: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
STENON:

Thank you.
Sincerely the charges are something else.. I was wondering about this myself
I recently paid my tuition deposit but because of charges the amount tha Reflected there was short... despite the extra money I added on top just incase
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinlin: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
akinbo3:

@Chinlin
Please kindly enlighten us more on this!
Like how much did you pay and how much was deducted in the bank Transfer process.

I plan to pay soon : around £10,500 (N5m)but don't know how much the transfer charges maybe so that I can add this to the payment...

Also GT bank told me I cant transfer using Savings Accounts except I have a Current Account.
How far is this claim please for those who did this already?
I don’t know about the claim in question but I didn’t pay from a naira account
I paid from here(Nigeria) but from a USD account and I can’t really measure the exact charges but it was much coz my deposit was short by the time It got there... so I had to make another payment to make it up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
STENON:

Thank you.
Tell him to go to the headquarter of any commercial bank in Lagos. Particularly those in VI and Lagos Island.
Request for Form A which gives payment with CBN rate.
Ensure you go to the headquarter to have massive gains.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AchosDaboss(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
I need help. Please my sponsor is my brother, in the UK. They refused his statement saying it has to be mine or my parents. But transferring the money down to me will loss value. How do I go about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
AchosDaboss:
I need help. Please my sponsor is my brother, in the UK. They refused his statement saying it has to be mine or my parents. But transferring the money down to me will loss value. How do I go about it.

i doubt if there is any other way ............ However if he has the money to pay the school fees in full he can do that from UK directly to the school and dont have to transfer that part to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AchosDaboss(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

i doubt if there is any other way ............ However if he has the money to pay the school fees in full he can do that from UK directly to the school and dont have to transfer that part to Nigeria
What about the maintenance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
Zoey1:
1. UK Tier 4 is a point based system, dislodge that previous from your mind first.
Follow what you have learnt here ,have the right funds ,answer correctly and genuinely and you would get your visa.
2. Sometimes people get their decision earlier than stipulated ,albeit Dec has a couple of holidays so this is going to be your decision.
Considering a previous refusal its not advisable to use Priority (as advised by UKVI)
Also is the fact that there would be surge in the price of ticket this season except on celebration days.
Don't complicate your application with unnecessary documents, follow what's on your CAS.
If you have a paid job submitting CAC and personal business details which you will not be asked will lengthen your process.

Thank you so much Sir, i really appreciate. You said Considering a previous refusal its not advisable to use Priority (as advised by UKVI) please which is best advisable. You meant super priority or i just use a standard visa. Super priority is not beans that's why i was considering priority at first. Sir kindly throw more light on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hi, been following the trend for a while now, thank you for all the information, may God bless you all for taking out your time to answer all the questions.....

I have a question:

I just got my tier 4 Visa today, for a 2 years masters in Teeside University. I am married with a son, I was advised by the school to apply for just myself as it will make the visa easier to get. My Visa valid date shows from 26th of December.

So my question is this, can I apply for my husband and son, now that mine is out or I have to wait till 26th of December? Please anyone with an idea should help answer. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Makkykiki: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hi, been following the trend for a while now, thank you for all the information, may God bless you all for taking out your time to answer all the questions.....

I have a question:

I just got my tier 4 Visa today, for a 2 years masters in Teeside University. I am married with a son, I was advised by the school to apply for just myself as it will make the visa easier to get. My Visa valid date shows from 26th of December.

So my question is this, can I apply for my husband and son, now that mine is out or I have to wait till 26th of December? Please anyone with an idea should help answer. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
justwise:

1. You need to forget about traveling early to get NI so as to start working before your school starts because that is impossible.

You will be lucky to get NI by Feb 2020, you need to do your orientation first, get letter from your school to open bank account before thinking about job. Many job agencies will ask for a letter from your school as well.

2. Your parents are right..forgot about traveling before Xmas because the chances of getting a visa before Xmas is remote because of huge demand and cost of ticket will be sky high.

First to second week of January is your best bet if you apply now.

3. All you need are those documents listed in your CAS.

Thank you so much wise justwise. I really appreciate ur clarification, suggestion and advice.

Though a friend currently studying in Glasgow said not all job agencies do ask for letter from sch, that as a mater of fact, he had interview with over 5 agencies and it was only one that asked for letter from school. Also to open an account, you need bank letter from ur school... but he believes that this can be ready b4 one get into UK, and can get it on their school portal. Furthermore he said as for NI, they don't need any bank details all they need is passport and BRP. Once one has those two, he can book an NI interview and it doesn't take anytime that he got an appointment of 5 working days after he called them. And once one go for d interview, they'll give u a temporary ref number that you can use to work until ur NI number comes out in say 2 weeks after ur interview.

How true or possible is this guys?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
Congratulations to you as we anticipate that of your husband and son.

Please going by what they said that ur visa valid date starts from 26 Dec, does it mean you cant leave for UK before that date? Also that 26 Dec a month to your course start date?
Some people are of the view that its possible traveling two weeks before the one month departure expected date.

Guys please your clarification is needed on this.!!

Makkykiki:

I have a question:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
Use Standard it might come out earlier than you expect because if you use Priority or Super priority and they need to do more verification you would still do the wait you were avoiding , even if it does before Christmas you would be facing huge ticket fare.
AmbHenry92:

Thank you so much Sir, i really appreciate. You said Considering a previous refusal its not advisable to use Priority (as advised by UKVI) please which is best advisable. You meant super priority or i just use a standard visa. Super priority is not beans that's why i was considering priority at first. Sir kindly throw more light on this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
AmbHenry92:

Thank you so much wise justwise. I really appreciate ur clarification, suggestion and advice.

Though a friend currently studying in Glasgow said not all job agencies do ask for letter from sch, that as a mater of fact, he had interview with over 5 agencies and it was only one that asked for letter from school. Also to open an account, you need bank letter from ur school... but he believes that this can be ready b4 one get into UK, and can get it on their school portal. Furthermore he said as for NI, they don't need any bank details all they need is passport and BRP. Once one has those two, he can book an NI interview and it doesn't take anytime that he got an appointment of 5 working days after he called them. And once one go for d interview, they'll give u a temporary ref number that you can use to work until ur NI number comes out in say 2 weeks after ur interview.

I don't know about any school that will upload bank letter in their website that will contain that student's details. This letter is personal and not generic, it contains your course and your personal details with your school stamp and signature.

Again i don't know how your friend managed to attend job interview without registering with the school, get student ID and a letter.

The first thing you do when you arrived in the UK as a student is to register with your school and get your student ID, you don't start looking for job even before doing all that.

Regarding NI..maybe in Scotland getting interview date is not difficult but in England it takes average of 2months and getting the actual NI takes even longer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
AmbHenry92:

From the information on the government's website you don't need NI to secure a job.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kenmak: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
I learnt you can apply now for your husband and son by adding your vignette visa, that the sticker visa on your passport to their application.

Experts in the house can also assist with the right way you should go about it.

Makkykiki:

I have a question:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Makkykiki: 11:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thank you, yes I can't enter the UK until 26th of December, my course starts on the 13th of January, I was asked this during the interview and I told them 13th of January, the Interviewer even asked for reconfirmation, it was also stated in my CAS, so I was surprised cos I read on the Ukvi website that you can apply as early as 3 months and enter as early as 1 month before your course start date. So I was expecting 13th of December, but anyhow I am still grateful to God that it was a success.

AmbHenry92:
Congratulations to you as we anticipate that of your husband and son.

Please going by what they said that ur visa valid date starts from 26 Dec, does it mean you cant leave for UK before that date? Also that 26 Dec a month to your course start date?
Some people are of the view that its possible traveling two weeks before the one month departure expected date.

Guys please your clarification is needed on this.!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Makkykiki: 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
》Thank you for your feedback I appreciate.

kenmak:
I learnt you can apply now for your husband and son by adding your vignette visa, that the sticker visa on your passport to their application.

Experts in the house can also assist with the right way you should go about it.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:27am On Nov 23, 2019
Zoey1:
Use Standard it might come out earlier than you expect because if you use Priority or Super priority and they need to do more verification you would still do the wait you were avoiding , even if it does before Christmas you would be facing huge ticket fare.

Thanks bro. Standard it is then, for of what use is priority even when it comes out early and the visa say i can't leave for UK till after the xmas. We saw the case of someone whose resumption is 13th January and the depature stated on her visa was 26th Dec.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:28am On Nov 23, 2019
justwise:

I don't know about any school that will upload bank letter in their website that will contain that student's details. This letter is personal and not generic, it contains your course and your personal details with your school stamp and signature.

Again i don't know how your friend managed to attend job interview without registering with the school, get student ID and a letter.

The first thing you do when you arrived in the UK as a student is to register with your school and get your student ID, you don't start looking for job even before doing all that.

Regarding NI..maybe in Scotland getting interview date is not difficult but in England it takes average of 2months and getting the actual NI takes even longer

Thanks alot Justwise! I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:34am On Nov 23, 2019
Makkykiki:
Thank you, yes I can't enter the UK until 26th of December, my course starts on the 13th of January, I was asked this during the interview and I told them 13th of January, the Interviewer even asked for reconfirmation, it was also stated in my CAS, so I was surprised cos I read on the Ukvi website that you can apply as early as 3 months and enter as early as 1 month before your course start date. So I was expecting 13th of December, but anyhow I am still grateful to God that it was a success.

Wow, even after the reconfirmation. I think maybe they want people to enter after the xmas. Did you apply with priority or standard how long did it take? Anyway i think this is to favour you as your family can now apply and you guys can leave together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2019
piazon:

From the information on the government's website you don't need NI to secure a job.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Thank you, i just checked it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.