Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1329870 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Master in social works for international student ?.....I dont think that has a huge potential of securing a good job

It does, to an extent because students get to do placements with NHS Trust and other closely related organizations that are Tier 2 sponsors, hence a stepping stone if well utilized.

Also, social worker is enlisted on the occupation shortage list.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phelixblaq(m): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
SegunWamiri:

Which schools have you tried? Look for schools whose requirements clearly states that any degree can be accepted.

Meanwhile, I think environmental studies is quite related but it all depends how well you can create and show the link while writing your personal statement.

Other ways of convincing the admission team of your interest are: (1) by highlighting your job descriptions and achievements while you worked in a similar role as a social worker. It could be voluntary during undergraduate or real job after graduating, (2) what's your personality? Do you have what it takes to be a social worker? How was it formed? What encounter(s) did you have while growing up that led to your desire to advocate for other people? State all or some of these and (3) your particular area of interest (young or old people, disabled, etc)

Additionally, tell them what you plan to do with the skills acquired from the program in the future? How beneficial would your participation be to your department, the school and the society at large?

All the best.

Thank you boss����

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arhmiee(f): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good evening everyone

I got admission to study Msc Adult Nursing at University of Hertfordshire and University of Derby. I have reached out to students studying Nursing at University of Hertfordshire and I got good responses from them. During my interview with University of Derby, I was informed that this September intake is the first time they will be admitting international students into the Msc Nursing program.

Please, can someone help me with views about this schools and also cost of living in both areas and availability of part time jobs too.

Thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Femi0078: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
I got a postgraduate admission in Salford for May intake 2020.
Please is anyone here studying in Salford?

Please are there jobs in Salford ?
I saw a review on a site stating private accommodation is better than hostels, please which place in Salford I can stay that will be closer to school so I can be boycotting tfare to school?
Please is Coronavirus rampant in that area?(My family and friends are really scaring me not to proceed because of this Coro virus)

Please help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
Congratulations.

Personally I will recommend Hertfordshire over Derby.

This is in terms of location & living costs.
Hatfield is closer to London (Less than 1 hour) which offers you better work opportunities even after studies. Plus you can always go outing in London easily without spending much. Hatfield is an affordable city as well.

I think Hertfordshire also has higher ranking than uni of Derby.

Only thing about Hertfordshire is being around plenty Nigerians. Infact you will feel like you’re in Nigeria at times but people’s preferences differ.

Whichever you decide on, is still okay.
Nursing jobs are everywhere really.
Arhmiee:
Good evening everyone

I got admission to study Msc Adult Nursing at University of Hertfordshire and University of Derby. I have reached out to students studying Nursing at University of Hertfordshire and I got good responses from them. During my interview with University of Derby, I was informed that this September intake is the first time they will be admitting international students into the Msc Nursing program.

Please, can someone help me with views about this schools and also cost of living in both areas and availability of part time jobs too.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arhmiee(f): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
mikeerrr:
Congratulations.

Personally I will recommend Hertfordshire over Derby.

This is in terms of location & living costs.
Hatfield is closer to London (Less than 1 hour) which offers you better work opportunities even after studies. Plus you can always go outing in London easily without spending much. Hatfield is an affordable city as well.

I think Hertfordshire also has higher ranking than uni of Derby.

Only thing about Hertfordshire is being around plenty Nigerians. Infact you will feel like you’re in Nigeria at times but people’s preferences differ.

Whichever you decide on, is still okay.
Nursing jobs are everywhere really.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samiattt: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hello House,
I intend applying for Occupational Health and Environmental Mangement in Middlesex University, I would like to know if there are Job Opportunities in uk for the Course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Samiattt:
Hello House,
I intend applying for Occupational Health and Environmental Mangement in Middlesex University, I would like to know if there are Job Opportunities in uk for the Course

Yes, there are job opportunities.
But that masters in Occupational Health & Environmental management may not necessarily give you a job. There are uK folks who have experience and lots of NVQs, who never went to university that could be better poised to snap up those jobs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2020
Arhmiee:
Good evening everyone

Thank you.
congrats on your offer, pls i also have an interview with university of derby by next month , pls how was the interview and what are the question they ask u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samiattt: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Yes, there are job opportunities.
But that masters in Occupational Health & Environmental management may not necessarily give you a job. There are uK folks who have experience and lots of NVQs, who never went to university that could be better poised to snap up those jobs.
ohh thank you, so are you suggesting I apply for another course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
Arhmiee:
Good evening everyone

Thank you.
pls how many days took them to send you an offer for the univ of derby
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mydeglo20: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Please am asking for a friend....
is ielts compulsory for him studying and wanting to stay back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2020
No it’s not compulsory but it’s recommended if he can afford it.

Some universities waive IELTS if you passed English in WAEC or you have a certificate of studies in English from your university.

IELTS doesn’t have anything with staying back. It is already assumed that he understands and speaks English from being in the country for studies.

Mydeglo20:
Please am asking for a friend....
is ielts compulsory for him studying and wanting to stay back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arhmiee(f): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
lovesavvi:
congrats on your offer, pls i also have an interview with university of derby by next month , pls how was the interview and what are the question they ask u?

Thank you. The interview was okay.

They asked me why I want to study nursing.
I should tell them about a time I did something I was really proud of and will like to reflect on.
I should talk about a time I helped someone make a choice and what why I think I did the right thing.
Are there any challenges I think I might face while studying the course.

I had the interview yesterday and haven't received the offer yet but they told me at the end of the interview that they have accepted me unto the program.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mctee07: 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mctee07:
Good evening guys,

I need your advice
Teesside University rejected my application for Masters in public health. The mail I received:

Thank you for your application to Teesside University’s MPH Public Health (Applied) programme. Unfortunately, your application has been
unsuccessful for the following reason(s):
Application unsuccessful - you are not sufficiently qualified. The qualifications that you hold or are working towards are not of the required
level or in appropriate subjects for your chosen course of study.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Teesside University and wish you every success for the future.
Yours sincerely

I studied Physiology (2.2), a lot of physiologist study public health for masters and I know a couple in UK.

@Tobexin and others kindly advise as I am just confused

@Tobexin, i mailed Teesside my documents and explained how Physiology is relevant to Public health but still responded that its not relevant.

I went to the Postgraduate programs under health and its only Sport rehabilitation that i can apply for. Based on your experience so far, would Sport rehabilitation be a good program? in terms of finding a good job while studying and after studies

thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mctee07:

@Tobexin, i mailed Teesside my documents and explained how Physiology is relevant to Public health but still responded that its not relevant.

I went to the Postgraduate programs under health and its only Sport rehabilitation that i can apply for. Based on your experience so far, would Sport rehabilitation be a good program? in terms of finding a good job while studying and after studies

thanks in advance
sport rehabilitation is not a worthwhile course you should spend your time and money to study in UK. Look for other disciplines you can enter into. Do you have any work experience within the health sector?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sirgigs: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
Tobexin:
sport rehabilitation is not a worthwhile course you should spend your time and money to study in UK. Look for other disciplines you can enter into. Do you have any work experience within the health sector?

@Tobex,
Please any idea if Global Health Care Management is viable in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
sirgigs:

@Tobex,
Please any idea if Global Health Care Management is viable in the UK?
yes it is a good course!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by beautyfoch: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
Arhmiee:

Thank you. The interview was okay.

They asked me why I want to study nursing.
I should tell them about a time I did something I was really proud of and will like to reflect on.
I should talk about a time I helped someone make a choice and what why I think I did the right thing.
Are there any challenges I think I might face while studying the course.

I had the interview yesterday and haven't received the offer yet but they told me at the end of the interview that they have accepted me unto the program.

Congratulations on your offer.
Please was IELTS requested from you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mctee07: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
Tobexin:

I have a year experience in the hospital but I was doing basically admin duties
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mobilipia(f): 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2020
Please what's the best way to pay for tuition deposit, my school recommends flywire but the charges are very high as at today pound is 433 but flywire are charging 521. Is crazy! Any cheaper method please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
Can’t you do FX transfer from your bank?
Go in & make enquires.
It will be cheaper than all these third party sites. Or you can find someone selling pounds at a good rate. I doubt anyone will be selling now tho lol.
I checked Azimo & saw 408 as rate.
Worldremit 403.

That is flywire is just stealing.
Mobilipia:
Please what's the best way to pay for tuition deposit, my school recommends flywire but the charges are very high as at today pound is 433 but flywire are charging 521. Is crazy! Any cheaper method please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 2:22am On Mar 20, 2020
Mobilipia:

Sure its 521, and not 421? 521 would be a massive rip-off, I can't see how they would be charging that much, given that the pound has dropped massively in recent days.

In any event, you go to your bank and do the Form A procedure (direct naira debit for a wire transfer abroad at official exchange rates, saving you the effort of dealing with BDC chaps) , it's your best bet.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mobilipia(f): 6:56am On Mar 20, 2020
mikeerrr:
Go in & make enquires.
It will be cheaper than all these third party sites. Or you can find someone selling pounds at a good rate. I doubt anyone will be selling now tho lol.
Worldremit 403.

good idea.Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mobilipia(f): 6:57am On Mar 20, 2020
Cyberknight:

Sure its 521, and not 421? 521 would be a massive rip-off, I can't see how they would be charging that much, given that the pound has dropped massively in recent days.

In any event, you go to your bank and do the Form A procedure (direct naira debit for a wire transfer abroad at official exchange rates, saving you the effort of dealing with BDC chaps) , it's your best bet.
will definitely do that. Thanks alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by utchanny07: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2020
Mobilipia:
will definitely do that. Thanks alot.
Tobexin:
i am currently studying in Teesside University and for the couple of months I have been here there haven’t been a security concern. As for jobs in Middlesbrough surely you will find something doing as a student if you can work your ass off you will even make more money that you can save I mean good money. Least I forget the house you will get in Middlesbrough for £200 per month you get the same house for like £800-£1000 in Manchester or London. Middlesbrough is typically the cheapest city to live in Europe. As for professional jobs it is difficult to find in Middlesbrough because most companies are sited in the south. Let me reiterate you will surely find something doing in Middlesbrough,if you can work you will make more money!

@Tobexin, thanks very much for the motivation. I'm admitted to Teeside university for MSc in IT project management. I have been wondering if Middlesbrough will be a good place for me considering part time jobs. Your write up has made my day. I also got admitted to Salford and Convenyry universities. But the conditions of payment made me consider choosing Teeside.

Please what accommodation options are best? They have sent me details of accommodation options, but I'm considering living off campus ,but close to school. Please intimate me on good cheap options for that.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arhmiee(f): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2020
beautyfoch:

Congratulations on your offer.
Please was IELTS requested from you?

Thank you.

Yes, they requested for IELTS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Shettima349(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Iggyok(m): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2020
HELP: I recently got offers from the University of Greenwich Medway campus(MSc Agriculture for Sustainable Development),University of Reading(MSc Agriculture and Development) and University of Hertsfordshire(MSc Environmental Management for Agriculture). Please i need advice in terms of job opportunities,cost of living,advantages and disadvantages or any other neccesary factor. Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayfarm: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
mikeerrr:
Go in & make enquires.
Worldremit 403.

looked up Azimo & Saw and Worldremit. both don't have Nigeria listed on countries you could send money from. Is there anyway one can get around this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.