Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332107 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
deedar:
Hello house
I got 2 mails almost the same time, the first one says my application has been assessed and the second one came in just 2 hours after that it ready for collection. Now am even more Confused now.i got the two from TLS...I hope it doesn't matter that I dint get the mails from UKVI directly.

Go and collect it jor. see u!!! I'm praying for such miracles and u are here being confused. gerrarahere and come back with the visa asap.

I'm happy for u.
Btw did u use priority service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deedar(f): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
@dipsy
Tnx so much......i didn't use a priority service.i submitted 24th August,was received by UKVI on 26th August and I got the 2 mails today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
djfrancis:
And that was how I left for UK today....a lil bit stressful sha

Finally! Am happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
deedar:
@dipsy
Tnx so much......i didn't use a priority service.i submitted 24th August,was received by UKVI on 26th August and I got the 2 mails today.

you submitted at abuja or Lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuka700: 12:31am On Sep 10, 2015
hitunes:

Pls guy, I Ave dis few qutns 2 ask.
1) u got ur visa bck tru courier aftr hw many days (aftr d msg 4rm tls abt bn dispatched)?
2) Tru wich courier?
3) wer u able 2 track ur documents?
4) ur location Bro?

1. got the parcel four days after due to weekend. dispatched on Friday, delivered tuesday morning.
2. FedEx
3. no. didn't think of copying the tracking number. and TLS never mailed it to me.
4. vac = ABJ. delivery location KTN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuka700: 12:33am On Sep 10, 2015
bidosko:
hello is it in lagos or abuja
KATSINA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuka700: 12:35am On Sep 10, 2015
chilez:

Should be in Abuja. I dont think they have a branch in lagos.

not at ABJ but KTN. for these banks, pta is available not only at HQ but at other state branches.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pet01(m): 6:50am On Sep 10, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.

TinukeOlu the better answer to provide during ur interview about ur accommodation is that ur are putting up with ur university accomodation, and u should know where the school accommodation is whether u are to use it or not. And then fill it in ur form as ur accommodation details. Hopes this might help. I did just that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 6:51am On Sep 10, 2015
deedar:
@dipsy
congrats oh...I submitted same 24th like you did but haven't gotten mine yet...still hoping for the best on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2015
djfrancis:
And that was how I left for UK today....a lil bit stressful sha

Congratulations and safe journey.... Please let us know about your experience when you settle down.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2015
Oma12:
Please who has used the priority service in ikeja? I did mine last week Wednesday but I haven't got an email yet. The last email was on Friday saying my documents had reached ukvi. Should I be worried?

the whole processing is usually within 6 days so no need to worry. I did mine in ABJ last Thursday. Thanks to God I got the collection mail this morning. Just be positive everything will be fine by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebally(f): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2015
ebakwest:

the whole processing is usually within 6 days so no need to worry. I did mine in ABJ last Thursday. Thanks to God I got the collection mail this morning. Just be positive everything will be fine by God's grace.

Please did you get a decision mail before the collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pato231(m): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
1step2right:
please guys I need urgent help for my brother..

does anyone know about Toping up HND in the uk. and please which university in the uk accepts to convert HND to Bsc.
Never underestimate the power of Google, a quick search will reveal all you need to know.Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
ebally:

Please did you get a decision mail before the collection mail?

yes. decision mail came in yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Please how to you track your visa application.
Pls someone that knows should answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
dipsy94:
Please how to you track your visa application.
Pls someone that knows should answer

After youur online application you are required to register on tlscontact website. So you login on the website and click on track application and you see the various steps your application will go throught and where it is at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
bidosko:
wow congrats, your journey as began. Can u narrate your experience at the airport till your arrival at heathrow. Any info we should know about

I used emirates airline so there is a stop over In dubai. The basic thing is just to keep your admission letter close to you. Nigerian immigration always ask so many questions as long as you are confident, no wahala...you should knw ur start date, declare how much u are carrying (pta or otherwise) but when I got to UK (heathrow) ...they asked for my course, how long I would be staying, where I would be staying...easy questions sha...just be confident.

For transportation, if you cant use d train or buses, never use the black cabs...they are very expensive....you can download uber on your phone and get a taxi through the application.... Uber taxis are very cheap but black taxis start from £20
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
Petitediva14:

Congratulations and safe journey.... Please let us know about your experience when you settle down.

A lil bit stressful cuz I stopped over in dubai for like 7hrs (d longer d stopover, d cheaper) but free wifi at d airport kept me company....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
eljaye:

Finally! Am happy for you.

Thanks...the weather is a cool but still favourable... light clothing!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
chenn:

YOU DON'T NEED AN ACCOMODATION B4 YOU APPLY 4 VISA! BUT U SHLD DO RESEARCH ABOUT THE PROSPECTS OF SECURING A PRIVATE ACCOMODATION, so that u will have something to tell the VO incase he/she ask u during the interview "where do you intends to stay"??

If they ask for accommodation plans, put your school and always know the post codes in your head
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
OtseD:

After youur online application you are required to register on tlscontact website. So you login on the website and click on track application and you see the various steps your application will go throught and where it is at the moment.

I have done that. But they keep taking me back to the Home page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
dipsy94:

I have done that. But they keep taking me back to the Home page

When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oma12:

When did you apply?

Maybe their system has issues. I haven't got an update since Friday and I did the interview on Wednesday (through priority).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oma12:

When did you apply?

I applied on the 26th of august and got an appointment on the 1st of September.
Have even gotten a mail from Sheffield stating my application is with them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
dipsy94:

I applied on the 26th of august and got an appointment on the 1st of September.
Have even gotten a mail from Sheffield stating my application is with them

Maybe their system has issues. I haven't got an update since Friday and I did the interview on Wednesday (through priority).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oma12:

ok. I guess it's due to the rush
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
dipsy94:

ok. I guess it's due to the rush

Did you use the priority service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
djfrancis:

A lil bit stressful cuz I stopped over in dubai for like 7hrs (d longer d stopover, d cheaper) but free wifi at d airport kept me company....

Okay. So no sleep... cry I pity for myself. I guess you should be in the UK by now. Please let us know what questions were asked at the point of entry... Thanks

I just saw your previous reply. Thank God for a safe trip. Thanks for the advice about uber taxis. Those Nigerian immigration people are my headache. They just like to look for trouble.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oma12:

Did you use the priority se8rvice?

that's the mistake I made. I didn't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
djfrancis:

If they ask for accommodation plans, put your school and always know the post codes in your head
Please what do u mean by ''post codes''? Pardon my naive qs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thababe: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hello,

I got into the UK on Monday n just thought I should let u all know how my entry went. The guy asked for my CAS n my TB screening stuff n once he saw that he was cool. I took a national express bus straight to Exeter where my school is n called a can to my apartment... Cus I'm here with children I got a two bedroom flat n it's quite nice: smiley. I went to my school th day after I got in and did my clearance n all. Looking forward to starting my classes. All the best everyone.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.