Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1321945 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mydeglo20: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Plx does one uses official or unofficial transcript while sending docs to school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1neboss: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Thanks, thats what bothered me the most.
mikeerrr:
Doesn’t matter mate.
August still got graduate by summer 2021 & you’re still going to get the 2 years whatever.

Plus your deposit it’s usually not refundable except in cases of a visa refusal.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:25am On Mar 24, 2020
Mydeglo20:
Plx does one uses official or unofficial transcript while sending docs to school

Send the one you have to your prospective school.
If they require any further one, they will tell you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by NomzyJust(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
My school (Bedfordshire) just postponed my June 1st start date and gave me a revised offer to start July 27th. My problem now is that the new offer came with an increased tuition £15320. I already made 50% tuition deposit of £6625 with the previous offer with tuition £13250. I am just confused. They want me to top up. This isn't fair at all.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
utchanny07:

Scan and attach all your available docs during application, transcript inclusive if you have a copy.

My school doesn’t give students transcript. How do I scale this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
NomzyJust:
My school (Bedfordshire) just postponed my June 1st start date and gave me a revised offer to start July 27th. My problem now is that the new offer came with an increased tuition £15320. I already made 50% tuition deposit of £6625 with the previous offer with tuition £13250. I am just confused. They want me to top up. This isn't fair at all.

Hmmmm this is not nice at all. I just hope this won't be the case in Northumbria thou I was advised to go for May batch as the discount I got may not be applicable for September that many schools have and are planing to increase their fees. I was even thinking that in the light if this pandemic that schools will need to re-encourage abroad students to join them with a better/flexible options.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
How do I deal with schools that don’t give students transcript

mikeerrr:
You don’t send transcripts except you’re applying to IVY universities

You just upload them on the application portal

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
mikeerrr:
It is not hearsay or inspiration talk.
I have lived in the U.K. for 7 years and I’m talking from my experience & program mates.

During my bachelors, I was busy playing around during job fairs. 2 of them got hired on spot & this was in second year. One was for one pillow company (can’t remember the name) & the other was for American Express but she got transferred to Madrid after. Yes, they were Nigerians.

Myself got a paid internship on spot during one of the job fairs I attended in my MSc 1st year. I had applied to them initially but got rejected. Saw them on the stand and sold myself.

Although I didn’t accept it later because of the location they wanted me to work at.

It was one of the jobs that I applied for in my 1st semester that I finally did my internship with. During my internship, I started applying again for other jobs because it was just a contract one. Today I’m working with one of the companies I applied to.

Now all my friends that were busy doing side jobs and refused to utilise their opportunities well like eg study abroad, internships , placements etc are all back in Nigeria. It’s just one guy that is here because he got a citizen pregnant & got married. The rest kept waiting for “after graduation”. How many months do you have left? 4 months?

So don’t say forget all these things.
Most companies not 1, recruit a year or 7 months before.
This is to start training , orientation etc.

You just need to update your CV & make it more interesting. The study part, put your expected year of graduation. Emphasise on your skills & keep trying. Don’t let rejection emails discourage you.

Good day Boss. I really like this your detailed advise. Please can you help me with a sample of updated CV or a guideline of how to construct one that will carry UK experience or study.

You can send it via mail to cigbojugha@gmail.com

Please help a brother. So we can follow practice of people with track record of success
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

Mine is in newcastle and I was offered 2000 discount. 16 months programme. I don't know why you were offered 4500. Please, did you apply for the global scholarship?

The discount is called London discount i didn't apply for the global scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ayooze(m): 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hello i am interested in sheffield hallam uni for msc i have b.tech applied geophysics (3rd class ) & pgd enterpreneurship development(result not out yet. But i am sure it cant be less than a merit)

I want to study
Business or Marketing intelligence
Data analysis
International business & marketing

Can i be given admission based on my PGD?
Also any info about sheffield must i pay 50% before starting classes too. Because someone said i dont need to pay all apart from €1k deposit that when i get there i can ask for installment while i am studying.

Also i have an issue
The age on my waec is different from my passport will it affect my chances of admission?(waec age is older than passport by 3 years)

Please anyone with experince let me know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2020
Paying £13,250 /£15,320 for bedforshire?
That’s a complete waste of money. Is that not the lowest ranking uni or maybe roehampton has overtaken them.

You might as well go to Emeka & son’s university in Nigeria.

No much difference.

NomzyJust:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
Don’t let anyone deceive you
It’s clearly stated on the website

You have to pay 50% BEFORE ENROLMENT
Ayooze:
Hello i am interested in sheffield hallam uni for msc i have b.tech applied geophysics (3rd class ) & pgd enterpreneurship development(result not out yet. But i am sure it cant be less than a merit)

I want to study
Business or Marketing intelligence
Data analysis
International business & marketing

Can i be given admission based on my PGD?
Also any info about sheffield must i pay 50% before starting classes too. Because someone said i dont need to pay all apart from €1k deposit that when i get there i can ask for installment while i am studying.

Also i have an issue
The age on my waec is different from my passport will it affect my chances of admission?(waec age is older than passport by 3 years)

Please anyone with experince let me know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Gbp2020: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
I also got an offer from university of south Wales....

nicerichard05:

Bro how is south wales like, in terms of jobs and cost of living. I got admission at d university of south Wales. Will proceed in paying next mnth. Thnks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kaigheyisi: 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
DeeOneBangin:

My school doesn’t give students transcript. How do I scale this?
There's no school that will send transcript to student. In my case I paid someone in exams and record and the person package it as if it was being sent to university of Lagos but collected my office address and told the courier man to send it to my company in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ayooze(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
I thought as much and also any advice about the age issue in waec and passport?

mikeerrr:
Don’t let anyone deceive you
It’s clearly stated on the website

You have to pay 50% BEFORE ENROLMENT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
Honestly I have no idea.

It’s like is only God that can help you on this one lol.

Just apply , pray & keep your fingers crossed.
It’s not like you’re paying for the application, so just go ahead.

Ayooze:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
mikeerrr:
Paying £13,250 /£15,320 for bedforshire?
That’s a complete waste of money. Is that not the lowest ranking uni or maybe roehampton has overtaken them.

You might as well go to Emeka & son’s university in Nigeria.

No much difference.

Chim osi emeka and sons �����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ayooze:

You can get a sworn affidavit from high court. I had same issue but mine was just the day and not the year that had issue so I was advised to get affidavit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Geesucc: 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

Mine is in newcastle and I was offered 2000 discount. 16 months programme. I don't know why you were offered 4500. Please, did you apply for the global scholarship?
what course did u apply for pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Odenigbo25(m): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
1stdami:

That school is a huge pile of disappointment. Please just follow up on the other school you have admission for. Cheers

Why do u say so bro ? Please give reasons

In between,

If u are going to teesside come September 2020, link up let's Waka together ����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Geesucc: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tobexin Pls sir, can u give us some names of those schools

The formula my mentor told me is this

1. Look for schools with high standards in remote part of England which cost of living is very low

2. Look for available booming student jobs in the area and apply

3. Save up money because The cost of living will be very low and you will have enough after paying your bills

4. 3 months to graduation send your CVs to the big companies in the big Cities

5. If employed, pack your load and leave the

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Odenigbo25(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
Please l have a question that I would like to ask our mates in diaspora and those that are experienced too.

Living abroad in a small City with less rent , lower standard of living and low income in some cases and staying in a big city with high income, high standard of living

Which one is better ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Youtook(f): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
Good evening great people! Please I’m trying to choose between 3 options;

a) Bournemouth- MSc Information Technology
b) Nottingham Trent- MSc Computing Systems
c) Portsmouth- MSc Information Systems.

Kindly help with suggestions. Please. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2020
Scroll up and read what Tobexin said earlier
Odenigbo25:
Please l have a question that I would like to ask our mates in diaspora and those that are experienced too.

Living abroad in a small City with less rent , lower standard of living and low income in some cases and staying in a big city with high income, high standard of living

Which one is better ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
My take - Bournemouth- MSc Information Technology

Youtook:
Good evening great people! Please I’m trying to choose between 3 options;

Kindly help with suggestions. Please. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Youtook(f): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
mikeerrr:
My take - Bournemouth- MSc Information Technology

Really? Any particular reason please? Been eyeing Portsmouth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
Geesucc:
Tobexin Pls sir, can u give us some names of those schools

The formula my mentor told me is this

1. Look for schools with high standards in remote part of England which cost of living is very low

2. Look for available booming student jobs in the area and apply

3. Save up money because The cost of living will be very low and you will have enough after paying your bills

4. 3 months to graduation send your CVs to the big companies in the big Cities

5. If employed, pack your load and leave the
common don’t be lazy! Make Goggle your friend!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2020
I was going to say this but I decided to keep shut.

Some Nigerians are prolly allergic to google
Tobexin:
common don’t be lazy! Make Goggle your friend!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
[quote author=Youtook post=87732713]Good evening great people! Please I’m trying to choose between 3 options;

Kindly help with suggestions. Please. Thank you! [/quote

Nice schools oooooooo
All doing well in national ranking
Well Google d town they re In
Cost of living
Social life if that's ur thing
Part time jobs if u re interested ]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Youtook(f): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
[quote author=Phatkings post=87733695][/quote]

Alright. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
Geesucc:
what course did u apply for pls?

MSc Advanced Computer science. Did you also apply to the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Odenigbo25:

Why do u say so bro ? Please give reasons

In between,

If u are going to teesside come September 2020, link up let's Waka together ����

I got admitted to teesside too but I have decided to choose newcastle. What's the course you applied for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.