Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:55 PM

Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language (570 Views)

Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by fkaz(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2015
In spite of the sentiments bothering on preference for the use of English Language at the expense of Yoruba Language, it is interesting to observe that it is still being sought after not only by Africans in diaspora but also Americans and Asians.

Some Americans have arrived the Centre for Yoruba Studies at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State to learn the Yoruba Language. This is however not the first time Americans will arrive Ibadan, to learn the language as four Americans in 2011 graduated from the centre. Watch the video hereIn spite of the sentiments bothering on preference for the use of English Language at the expense of Yoruba Language, it is interesting to observe that it is still being sought after not only by Africans in diaspora but also Americans and Asians.

Some Americans have arrived the Centre for Yoruba Studies at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State to learn the Yoruba Language. This is however not the first time Americans will arrive Ibadan, to learn the language as four Americans in 2011 graduated from the centre. Watch the videohere.http://www./video/x30v8d6.
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/09/americans-arrive-ui-to-learn-yoruba.html?m=1

Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by kenkakas(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2015
Good lets see how fast they can learn it............and speak fluently since is not their mother tongue.....na dia u go no say some of them na olodo ..

But i still comot hand for my nija people cos we don pieces English die grin grin grin grin
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by abat4real37(f): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Welcome to naija
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by aylagos(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2015
Let's go Oodua
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by omokoladele(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2015
interesting!
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
I also wanna study ma Beautyful Yoruba Language! OAU 2015! B4 some Oyinbos will come and knw more than me!

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Aspirants Let's Meet Here, Share your experience, Your scores. / Flextutor APP- An Award Winning E-learning Application For Exams / (FUTA), 2015/2016 Pre-degree/ Diploma/ Registration Is Still On. (07064 847811)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.