Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement (46787 Views)

Dangote Announces Issuance Of ₦50 Billion Series 1 & 2 Under ₦ 150 Billion C.P / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / How Much Is The Price Of Rice In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by cyprus000: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
dominique:
From almost 2k to N300? shocked That's too sharp in reduction haba. Oo should quote a credible source
[size=13pt]
Edit your post before them do oversabi for your head.

Read carefully next time,ma'am.
[/size]
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Dakad: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
Reduced by#300 not to #300.
dominique:
From almost 2k to N300? shocked That's too sharp in reduction haba. Oo should quote a credible source
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by ikombe: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chai. Time to build that house i promised Twaci grin
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by bettercreature(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dangote na thief,its because of raining season,the price will skyrocket by november

1 Like

Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Evaromantik(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
K nah.....abi he want mek i hit head for ground or what?
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by idnole4(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Do we have anti-competition law? I fear for Nigerians.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by chichriso: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Good

CHIchriso SAid::::: CLICK MY SIGNATURES
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by chichriso: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
Good

CHIchriso SAid::::: CLICK MY SIGNATURES
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by 400billionman: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:
Nigeria's largest cement producer, Dangote Cement Plc in an update on strategy has announced a reduction in the price of its market-leading brand of cement.

In a bid to stimulate building work across Nigeria, Dangote Cement says it's reducing the price of its market-leading 3X brand of cement in Nigeria by ₦300 per 50kg bag, or ₦6,000 per tonne.

The new price will become effective immediately. The company is also undertaking a number of marketing initiatives designed to stimulate consumption of cement in Nigeria and to increase exports.

According to Dangote Chief Execkutive, Onne van der Weijde, "our cost-saving initiatives in Nigeria have enabled us to cut the price of cement to a level that is good for consumers yet still allows us to achieve strong returns that are sustainable in the longer term.

"We hope that reducing the cost of cement will help to stimulate building work across Nigeria at a time when the economy is in need of a boost.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/dangote-announces-reduction-in-price-of-3x-cement.117033/

Modifying original write up right on front page.

Hehe
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by 400billionman: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
adioolayi:
Always giving WApco larfarge cement headache...Dangote!

Larfarge and UNICEM are now merged.

But Dangote still controls 60% market share.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Engrr(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:
Nigeria's largest cement producer, Dangote Cement Plc in an update on strategy has announced a reduction in the price of its market-leading brand of cement.

In a bid to stimulate building work across Nigeria, Dangote Cement says it's reducing the price of its market-leading 3X brand of cement in Nigeria by ₦300 per 50kg bag, or ₦6,000 per tonne.

The new price will become effective immediately. The company is also undertaking a number of marketing initiatives designed to stimulate consumption of cement in Nigeria and to increase exports.

According to Dangote Chief Execkutive, Onne van der Weijde, "our cost-saving initiatives in Nigeria have enabled us to cut the price of cement to a level that is good for consumers yet still allows us to achieve strong returns that are sustainable in the longer term.

"We hope that reducing the cost of cement will help to stimulate building work across Nigeria at a time when the economy is in need of a boost.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/dangote-announces-reduction-in-price-of-3x-cement.117033/

Super Story! has it been long that thesame Dangoted announced that he is bringing the price of Cement to N1000?? ..Otu abughi Ezi!!
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by SaiBuharii: 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
dominique:

I'm sure you have never done an aptitude test.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by xnowball1984(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:

The price don't make a difference yet let them reduce it to the minimal why just 300Naira ?In a bid to stimulate building work across Nigeria, Dangote Cement says it's reducing the price of its market-leading 3X brand of cement in Nigeria by ₦300 per 50kg bag, or ₦6,000 per tonne.

Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Idrismusty97(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
I fear for this country....dangote is gradually becoming a monopoly of many household goods... and it will get worse as soon as he finishes the refinery and the rice plantation stuff...may God save us then
It's not his fault that he is a billionaire by investing in areas that's otherwise shunned by other business men.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Djbaka(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
dominique:

Reduced 'BY' N300 not 'TO' N300.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by 400billionman: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
alaoeri:
Why is it that Dangote cement doesn't gain ground in SE and some part of SS?

UNICEM snd IBETO control SE and SS markets. Enugu does not sell Dangote but Abia and Akwa Ibom do ..
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
.d man try small nah . .more news gist. :: Jose Mourinho Makes It To The Guinness Book Of Records (See The Records He Broked).. . . . . .....https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=107563616255393
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by 400billionman: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
condralbede:
Good development.... I hv to commence on my building project now.

Do fast o. The price will rise again before New Year.

Its a roller Coaster ride. You gat 3 months 2 weeks.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by haskeem: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
what about social responsibility to the Communities where the limestones are taken, no good road, not even a standard health centre, no more deception. we have heard enough.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by WailingWailer: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
read well ooo abi u no knw d different btw "by n to" it means it will now sell for 1700
It was N1,900 before. Minus 300 = N1,600
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
dominique:
I fit swear say na f9 you get for maths undecided
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by KLand(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Benedict44:
nice move if true....
....remember that today is my birthday....show me love by clicking LIKE...for mee because is not easy in a country where 70% are living below 1$..

happy birth day. cheers.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by basilo101: 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
The fear of Ibeto is the begining of wisdom. wait till his newly acquired Nigercem in Ebonyi start producing. East has no respect for any big name, we will dismatle dangotes monopoly if government remain neutal
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by chigoizie7(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
betty202020:
The same dangote who led other cement manufacturers to announce that bag of cement will is reduced to #1000 is now talking of removing #300. He is attention seeker.

I tot he meant well,
He reduced to 1k when $1 was N150. But it could not take effect immediately because $1 went up to as high as 205 within the twinkle of an eye. Remember dangote lost upto $8billion within 1week. And that I not good for a biz man of his caliber.

Down, here dangote is sold for 1900, now it will be 1600
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by dododawa1: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by betty202020(m): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
chigoizie7:

I tot he meant well,
He reduced to 1k when $1 was N150. But it could not take effect immediately because $1 went up to as high as 205 within the twinkle of an eye. Remember dangote lost upto $8billion within 1week. And that I not good for a biz man of his caliber
Down, here dangote is sold for 1900, now it will be 1600
well i concur with ur assertion, but let him do it as a surprise, not endless promises cos nigerian dont believe promises anymore.
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by 9jatatafo(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
See cajoling!!!
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by muchex: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
If u understand d cement business. .u will understand that ds move doesn't hv d interest ofvthe masses at heart..he is just a monopolist, this move is just because of the newly introduced modified BUA cement which have been gaining grounds since its re-introduction into d mrkt. ..
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by awa(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
dominique:

Sis wetin dey talk be say dem don comot #300 from the prize. You understand now abi?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Benedict44:
nice move if true....
....remember that today is my birthday....show me love by clicking LIKE...for mee because is not easy in a country where 70% are living below 1$..

Hey, birthday mate. I sight you bro!
Re: Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement by fortune1968: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
read well ooo abi u no knw d different btw "by n to" it means it will now sell for 1700
leave am .person wey no do comprehension for school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Wears White Outfit To Celebrate Independence Day (Photo) / How To Make #30K Every Week On Virtual Football Betting / UBA Launch In The UK, Dangote, Dbanj, Wizkid, And Others Grace The Event(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.