Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) (89313 Views)

What I Saw In The Nutri-milk I Bought Today (pix) / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) / See What Was Killed In My Compound Yesterday Evening! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by danduj(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
lekjons:
Nigerians'll never learn, so because it killed ur dog so u must kill it too?.. jungle justice!, u can't grab hold of it and take it to the police station.. huh? undecided
lol hilarious
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ephemmm: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
I thought pythons are non venomous snakes? How did it kill d dog?? Something is not right

It is not venomous but dangerous if offended. As someone who has lived in village, Yoruba people believe that whatever python bites will surely die in its mouth.

This snake cannot bite you even if you match on it, it has happened to me several times and I latter killed it. The most dangerous part of its body is its tail: even if lion touch it, he has ironically gotten license to paradise.

To cap it all, this tip of its tail will always be inside the soil, unless it starts moving. So, it is very difficult for anybody/any being to touch it.

Very slow to anger, but poisonous.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by donem: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
missbronze:
All these harsh words.., over government that dnt know u are existing?

If you dnt value other people's family, atleast, value yours, because, if u have valued yours, you will never wish evil to other people's own.
Never pay attention to a frustrated soul.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by adino(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
I thought pythons are non venomous snakes? How did it kill d dog?? Something is not right
Something is so not right. Could that snake be a giant adder. Cos pythons are not meant to be venomous.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by nickyvil: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

I guess so cos I still believe that snake can't strangle that big dog

The snake can strangle that dog but might be too big to swallow or maybe the sound of the kids scared the snake away to hide but definitely that's a big python. Contrictors open their jaw 90 degrees(mouth) and can swallow prey 3times their sizes.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by alao85(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Is that how the dog is gonna to be waste?
Dey shld have invited their calab friends for d big meat.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Abugab(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

This snake doesn't look like a Python but an adder. It has venom and kills humans at the slightest sting.
Very edible but haven't come near eating it though
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by aoshi: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
abeg ooo, i thought this same snake on plantain leaves has appeared on front page before. De ja vu somebody? I think it was a topic of snake killed at AAU or so?
The rate of lies nowadays ehn
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by adino(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
otr1:

Not venomous but dangerous. The snake most certainly strangled the dog to death. A wise dog would run faster than sound at the sight of this snake.

That is not sttangulation. That dog died as a result of some badass venom. If it was strangled, I bet you the dog would have been removed from the snakes belly.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by 9jatatafo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
That dog is an ajebota, if it were a hunter's dog, the story would have been different. That boy that tested his leg in the small bush is very lucky.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by 2scorehigh(m): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
Na wa o! All these snake eaters eh... hmm!
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by nickyvil: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
The snake usually hit the prey with its head before the constriction, have witnessed one before, it was a neighbour's goat, but I was pained that it escaped, I waited for weeks hoping it comes back so I can make good use of it.
But why una kill am, don't you know it's not good, wey the Animal Right Activists, come sue this one oo. Snake, wetin you too kill the dog for, to eat abi?
Karma na one cr*zy dude. Human sef never get right, some they form Animal Right.

Pythons do not hit their prey with their head, Pythons are constrictors, so they don't have fangs. They do have back curving teeth that grab prey and don't let it go. The more their prey keep struggling(fighting) the more the teeth deepen and the coil n constrict their prey blocking the air pipe from supplying air till their prey suffocate then they open their jaw 90degree n swallow their prey whole.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Kolade354(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
missbronze:
All these harsh words.., over government that dnt know u are existing?

If you dnt value other people's family, atleast, value yours, because, if u have valued yours, you will never wish evil to other people's own.
Kip shut and learn to mind your business............Nuisance!!!
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
You guys ate the snake... shocked
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by otr1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Burger01:

I'm sure the dog might not have seen the snake earlier enough to bark for attention before he got bitten by the useless snake. I hate snakes! Why did God bother to create them
Dogs and Snakes are enemies.
I hate snakes too.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by adino(m): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
I am only commenting because I know lalasticlala likes snakes...it's like snakes turns him on

By the way don't bury that dog oo.....find calabar people, that one sef na pepper soup

Talk with small sense na. That dog was killed by a poisonous snake, do you want to kill people enmasse by selling a venom filled dog to people. Thats no joke at all, infact for having such thought your heart must be filled with evil.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by adino(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
Something is so not right. Could that snake be a giant adder. Cos pythons are not meant to be venomous.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by otr1(m): 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
adino:

That is not sttangulation. That dog died as a result of some badass venom. If it was strangled, I bet you the dog would have been removed from the snakes belly.
This type of snake got a hefty bite, but not venomous.
ThE snake most certainly didn't kill the Dog for food- more like getting rid of a bottleneck.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by komek(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Enouwem:
The dog below (see pix) went inside a small bush near my compound to play and suddenly the dog started screaming and suddenly stopped screaming without any other noise from the dog.
The children who were playing outside suddenly rushed into the bush to check what could be wrong with the dog, only to find the dog dead. They were surprised and comb the bush to find out what could have killed the dog. After killing the dog the snake hid itself and so the children didn't know. A small boy saw a grassy area and suspected that something could be there, and so he put his leg inside the grassy area, only for the snake to rise up quickly and nearly grabbed the boy's leg.
The children started shouting and their shout attracted their father who came out with a locally made gun (hunters gun) and shot the snake dead.

One goat on Nairalander will soon jump out from no where and suggest that Nigerians shud keep the snake and start studying it cos it brings foreign exchange...madness..

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Luckylife(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:
bro only the situation in Nigeria can make it venomous, fear any thing long dat moves
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Hargbo(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

The snake strangle that kind of big dog? D snake isn't that big either... look at the pix again
it seems u grew up inside estate abi, u dnt anything abt snake....dis snake can stretch like condom....
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by 400billionman: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
otr1:
The stupid dog wanted to kill the snake or what?
But this snake is very big!

Your compound must be close to a thick forest

As long as a banana leaf. Wow.

6 to 10 feet. Nawa for all these posters. None of them keeps a measuring tape at home..
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by 400billionman: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

Strangulation..
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by donephi(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
ishiamu:
Choi disgusting, how can people eat snake eeeww

By cooking and putting it in their mouth. That's how people eat snake
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
Had i known, i won't have click on this topic. cry will i be able to sleep tonight? That snake is so damn big. Will certainly get a heart attack if i see such in dream. I hate snakes.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by malikisah: 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
Burger01:

I'm sure the dog might not have seen the snake earlier enough to bark for attention before he got bitten by the useless snake. I hate snakes! Why did God bother to create them
the dog was not bitten, it was strangulated
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by edward1984(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is what we call " the hunter became the hunted " This poor python went out for hunting but was hunted.. Bon Appetit guys
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by goldmatrix(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
So disgusting. How do real people eat snake?
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by barcaboi(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Vondata:
OMG! Hw cn a sane Man eat wild Snake. I lyk d way it killd d Dog, I h8 dogs.
the slap wey I wan slap u dey jog.....
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Omo if na say I dey d area, d Dog na my bext meat. Lokili
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ejikechinedum: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
this is delicious
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by omonnakoda: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
lekjons:
Nigerians'll never learn, so because it killed ur dog so u must kill it too?.. jungle justice!, u can't grab hold of it and take it to the police station.. huh? undecided
That is the police in the photo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help With Balance Diet Timetable / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup / Giftedhands Cakes In Kaduna!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.