Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) (89309 Views)

What I Saw In The Nutri-milk I Bought Today (pix) / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) / See What Was Killed In My Compound Yesterday Evening! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by lekjons(m): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is the police in the photo
gringrin
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by OCHOdee(f): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
otr1:

Not venomous but dangerous. The snake most certainly strangled the dog to death. A wise dog would run faster than sound at the sight of this snake.

I feel sorry for the dog though cry he has never seen a snake before. Am sure he was wondering what kind of creature is this??

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by SHOCK7(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
Vondata:
OMG! Hw cn a sane Man eat wild Snake. I lyk d way it killd d Dog, I h8 dogs.
such an ignorant comment,why can't a man eat a snake, it's a delicacy in some part of dis country (ie snake peppersoup)!and dogs should all die just Becos u hate 'em,
Vondata:
OMG! Hw cn a sane Man eat wild Snake. I lyk d way it killd d Dog, I h8 dogs.
such an ignorant comment,why can't a man eat a snake, it's a delicacy in some part of dis country (ie snake peppersoup)!and dogs should all die just Becos u hate 'em,silly!

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by otr1(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
OCHOdee:

I feel sorry for the dog though cry he has never seen a snake before. Am sure he was wondering what kind of creature is this??
Even a puppy knows what a snake is.
Why he waited for the snake still baffles me
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ramos16(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2015
Burger01:

I'm sure the dog might not have seen the snake earlier enough to bark for attention before he got bitten by the useless snake. I hate snakes! Why did God bother to create them

he created them, so that you can hate on them....
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Rhea(f): 12:09am On Sep 05, 2015
[size=18pt]food is ready[/size]
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ramos16(m): 12:09am On Sep 05, 2015
otr1:

You think dogs are like human beings, its funny how they behave, because even the most cowardly dog only really fears human, it will back at other animals no matter how big, or fearful even to death.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ramos16(m): 12:17am On Sep 05, 2015
where is edward1984 and VeeBabs are you guys here, please come and analyze this snake for us here, some people are already jonesing here.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by otr1(m): 12:18am On Sep 05, 2015
Ramos16:

You think dogs are like human beings, its funny how they behave, because even the most cowardly dog only really fears human, it will back at other animals no matter how big, or fearful even to death.
Dogs are programmed to fear Snakes.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Ramos16(m): 12:20am On Sep 05, 2015
otr1:

Dogs are programmed to fear Snakes.

Yes they do, just like most animals, even lion, they will never attack the snake, but they will stay around barking to draw attention or scare the snake off
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by otr1(m): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2015
Ramos16:

Yes they do, just like most animals, even lion, they will never attack the snake, but they will stay around barking to draw attention or scare the snake off
You're right, but the "staying around" is by maintaining a reasonable distance. It's either this Dog was trying to attack the Snake or the Dog unknowingly run into it, of which the Snake will see as a threat and so, the attack.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 05, 2015
Ahhhhh,dis snake big o
thank God 4 d lil boy's life.

Afta now some pipu go dey against killing of snakes.what was d snake doing in a man's land?, why bite d precious dog,?why attempting the bite a small boy?
Why cant d snake run away after killing the dog

i 8 snakes

Dear God,i dont want any confrontation with snakes.protect me and my family

if d snake had bitten the boy the story would have be different. Thank God
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by spinna: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Gosh, if say the others no dey thats how d kid too wld av died...but this snake meat reach goat quantity fa
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by edward1984(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2015
otr1:

Snakes have no hands or legs, they are built to hunt.. Big snakes like Pythons or Anaconda feed ones or twice a year, they are very patient when hunting, so maybe the dog was not even aware if the snake was there.. caught in the moment..
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by edward1984(m): 12:43am On Sep 05, 2015
Ramos16:
where is edward1984 and VeeBabs are you guys here, please come and analyze this snake for us here, some people are already jonesing here.

hahahaha I posted earlier, This is a Python, nonvenomous. wink wink cool
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by spinna: 12:47am On Sep 05, 2015
OCHOdee:

wonder ..wonder wonder wonder wonder
wonder wonder wonder wonder..till he turned to wonderer

my guess is the dog was surprised or was stupid/butter/wonderer ..once a python of that size attacked, the dog had no chance..he was squeezed to death very violently, even the kid could later die from internal injury if his torso was squeezed. God fbd
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Armstrong34(m): 12:47am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:

The snake strangle that kind of big dog? D snake isn't that big either... look at the pix again
....python, Boa and Anacondas r constrictors wich can even strangle a matured cow talkless of dis small dog........
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:
I am only commenting because I know lalasticlala likes snakes...it's like snakes turns him on

By the way don't bury that dog oo.....find calabar people, that one sef na pepper soup
Logical cool
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by DedeNkem: 2:37am On Sep 05, 2015
It's called Python sebae, also commonly known as the African rock python.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Burger01(m): 2:48am On Sep 05, 2015
malikisah:
the dog was not bitten, it was strangulated
Yeah, exactly.. Thanks..
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by shomutuski(m): 4:02am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:
I thought pythons are non venomous snakes? How did it kill d dog?? Something is not right

Yes bro! They are non venomous. Buh they are very dangerous constrictors. They kill by wrapping round their preys and squeeze with a force greater than that of closed jaw pliers. Nothing survives it except by the Grace of God. The Dog was as good as dead ever since it got close to the snake. Thank God it was the Dog and not one of the man kids.

1 Like

Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 05, 2015
snake website
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by babafirst(m): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:
I thought pythons are non venomous snakes? How did it kill d dog?? Something is not right
Perhaps by constriction.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by ukandi1(m): 6:59am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:

By the way don't bury that dog oo.....find calabar people, that one sef na pepper soup

As a calabar man, we don't eat or accept dead dogs. We want to slaughter it ourselves and watch d blood flow out of it before we proceed to do d needful.
D day u will eat dog cooked by a calabar man using scent leave, fried with its own oil( DOG), then served with plantain and chilled palmwine, u wil come back here wit praises for d calabar delicasies.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by currentbrands(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2015
Enouwem:
The dog below (see pix) went inside a small bush near my compound to play and suddenly the dog started screaming and suddenly stopped screaming without any other noise from the dog.
The children who were playing outside suddenly rushed into the bush to check what could be wrong with the dog, only to find the dog dead. They were surprised and comb the bush to find out what could have killed the dog. After killing the dog the snake hid itself and so the children didn't know. A small boy saw a grassy area and suspected that something could be there, and so he put his leg inside the grassy area, only for the snake to rise up quickly and nearly grabbed the boy's leg.
The children started shouting and their shout attracted their father who came out with a locally made gun (hunters gun) and shot the snake dead.

Like seriously!........do u have snakes dis big in uyo metropolis? shocked shocked
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by ugwum007(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2015
we have to stop animal brutality in Nigerian. very soon, snakes will go into extinction in Nigeria..... STOP Killing snakes unnecessarily, unjustly and brutally...... u are different from Boko Haram if u re involved.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by ugwum007(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2015
edward1984:

Snakes have no hands or legs, they are built to hunt.. Big snakes like Pythons or Anaconda feed ones or twice a year, they are very patient when hunting, so maybe the dog was not even aware if the snake was there.. caught in the moment..

u guys should stop killing snakes in Nigeria.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by dnawah(m): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2015
Enouwem:
The dog below (see pix) went inside a small bush near my compound to play and suddenly the dog started screaming and suddenly stopped screaming without any other noise from the dog.
The children who were playing outside suddenly rushed into the bush to check what could be wrong with the dog, only to find the dog dead. They were surprised and comb the bush to find out what could have killed the dog. After killing the dog the snake hid itself and so the children didn't know. A small boy saw a grassy area and suspected that something could be there, and so he put his leg inside the grassy area, only for the snake to rise up quickly and nearly grabbed the boy's leg.
The children started shouting and their shout attracted their father who came out with a locally made gun (hunters gun) and shot the snake dead.
and what happen to the dog?don't tell me you buried it.cause i won't believe u.
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by meccuno: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2015
Enouwem:
Picture of the dog killed by the snake
stvpid dog......but if its to chase small children na there he go get power.......and he can't kill a snake
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Fola01: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2015
undecided Na wa o
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2015
donem:
Never pay attention to a frustrated soul.
Truly, he is frustrated .
Re: A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) by medkit(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2015
tobimillar:

If there r non venomous so they won't eat abi. Brother they eat by strangulation and swallowing. Their digestive secretions is able to digest bones. That's why there can swallow humans and animals whole if not disturbed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help With Balance Diet Timetable / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup / Giftedhands Cakes In Kaduna!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.