Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,408 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal (730 Views)

Rivers Re-run: INEC Official Arrested With Controversial Result Sheets / Guber Tribunal Judgement: We’ve Been Vindicated – Rivers APC / I Can’t See Anything, I Can’t Read, Graduate Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal by Terry68: 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Barr Bassey Okon Willie, a witness for the Akwa Ibom governor, Udom Emmanuel and the PDP, told the governorship tribunal sitting in Abuja Friday that he signed all the result sheets for Oron Local Government Area.  Willie said this during his testimony at the continuation of hearing on the matter.

The All Progressives Congress candidate, Umana Umana had approached the tribunal challenging conduct of the April poll and declaration of Udom Emmanuel as winner of the election.

Willie said the result sheets were signed by one agent because other ward collation agents could not make it to the Local Government Collation Centre, as the engine boats in which they were travelling develop a fault.

He said the development caused the ward collation agents to resort to manual paddling. The witness who admitted that he was the Local Government Collation Agent, added that he signed the result sheets for Ward 4, even though Elder Effiong Atanang was the PDP Ward 4 collation agent.

His testimony contradicted the witness disposition of Elder Effiong Atanang, who said he signed the Ward 4 result.[b]

Barr Willie, during cross examination also told the tribunal that election results can be collated outside Ward collation centres “as was the case in Oron”.

He said lightening and security made it impossible for election results to be carried out at designated collation centres and that led to collation elsewhere with the support of security agents and INEC officials.

[b]He further stated that he was not aware that election results were supposed to be entered into forms EC8A, EC8B and EC8C.

Also testifying, Mr Jude Edet, the Local Government collation agent for Ibesikpo Asutan, said it was wrong for Dr Ita Udosen and former governor Victor Attah to have testified that there was no election in the area. He denied knowing the names of other PDP ward agents in the area, despite the fact that he was the local government collation agent.

He however admitted that it was wrong for total votes cast to be higher than total number of accredited voters, saying such a development amounts to fraud. “Ghost can’t vote”, he added.

After the testimony of these witnesses, the respondents counsel, Paul Usoro, who had earlier pledged to call eight witnesses, asked the court for adjournment, saying, “My Lord, we’ve had enough from this witnesses for today”. The tribunal then adjourned to Monday, September 7, 2015.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/why-i-signed-result-sheets-for-15-wards-witness-tells-akwa-ibom-guber-tribunal/

1 Like

Re: Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal by Koboseadotorg(m): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
I don't want this kind news.

When will we see the news head line that will go like

"AKWA IBOM COLATION OFFICER RETURNS 200 MILLON NAIRA BRIBE HE RECEIVED DURING ELECTION"

But incase this post makes front page, don't forget to congratulate me with likes because it is my first time of FESTUS COMENTUS
Re: Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal by vivypretty(f): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
ok
Re: Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal by Terry68: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
I don't want this kind news.

When will we see the news head line that will go like

"AKWA IBOM COLATION OFFICER RETURNS 200 MILLON NAIRA BRIBE HE RECEIVED DURING ELECTION"

But incase this post makes front page, don't forget to congratulate me with likes because it is my first time of FESTUS COMENTUS

I wonder what becomes of the state; with the swindling and contradicting statement.
I knew Oron nation once a huge challenge for PDP during the election.

The likes of Barr.Jerry Okpo who was implanted with misplaced priorities couldn't stand the heat.

I still wish them well in their fight for justice.

"The best player should be the winner."
Re: Why I Signed Result Sheets For 15 Wards, Witness Tells Akwa Ibom Guber Tribunal by sammyj: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
One by one all of you will begin to confess !!!!

(1) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Confirms Russian Military Involvement In Syria’s Civil War(pix) / VP Osinbajo Receives Belarus Delegations In Abuja (photos) / Buhari To Begin Prosecution Of Corrupt Officials After Emergence Of Attorney Gen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.