Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation (4254 Views)

Gionee Custom Boot Animation For All Devices / Upgrade Of Android 5.1.1 (lollipop) To 6.0 (marshmallow) / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2015
Hello peeps!

I have downloaded the latest version of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation from the developer preview. But I have a problem, the configuration of the desc.txt file is quite different from the normal Bootanimations.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how these new Bootanimations are configured?

I want to convert it to a normal Bootanimation.

Expecting your replies.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2015
Here is a screen shot of the desc.txt file.

1 Share

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2015
And here is a glimpse of the Bootanimation itself.

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Here is a YouTube video link, if you are interested in seeing the preview of the bootloader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb83O_P8u8o
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2015
And if you would want to download the Bootanimation itself, be my guest!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/themes/bootanimation-android-marshmallow-t3180984
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2015
dossylvanus:
Hello peeps!

I have downloaded the latest version of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation from the developer preview. But I have a problem, the configuration of the desc.txt file is quite different from the normal Bootanimations.

Expecting your replies.

Cc Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2015
Does this mean that there are no bad android enthusiasts in Nigeria?

Na wa o.... Still waiting though.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by destino24(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
cool cool
Really cool
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
destino24:
cool cool Really cool

Yeah... We are still waiting for the final version of the full rom to come out.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by drizzy009: 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
dossylvanus:
Hello peeps!

Expecting your replies.
I use this bootanimation on my Sony Xperia M2
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
drizzy009:

Really?

What os does your device run?
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by theSpark(m): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
dossylvanus:
Hello peeps!

Expecting your replies.

You are a geek bro. I dont know what you talking about but I'm so pleased with you.

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
theSpark:

You are a geek bro. I dont know what you talking about but I'm so pleased with you.

Thank you bro... I appreciate the love.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
So people no fit help me investigate the zip file?

Anyways will look at it and maybe by to morrow i might have been able to covert it to a normal Bootanimation that 4.4.2 devices can use.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 06, 2015
dossylvanus:
Here is a screen shot of the desc.txt file.
It's the same format it's always been:
Width Height Frame-rate
p Loop Pause Folder1
p Loop Pause Folder2

Except instead of "p" there's "c" instead for Marshmallow.
What exactly isn't working for you, OP?
It works fine.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2015
Karmanaut:

It's the same format it's always been:
Width Height Frame-rate
p Loop Pause Folder1
p Loop Pause Folder2

Except instead of "p" there's "c" instead for Marshmallow.
What exactly isn't working for you, OP?
It works fine.

Well not for me. Lol....

Tried editing it, but all i get are fuzzy dark images.

Thinking of renaming every png file and making them fit into two parts /folders instead.

Is it feasible?
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by PMONEY6: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2015
drizzy009:

What exactly do you need this for young man? Some kind of show off to local peeps or something?
I can't just get it! That you had to create a tread just to install a common boot animation on your old Chinese phone. Dey form geek.
That's how you'll end up bricking your phone and soon you'll come crying. I tire for most of you here abeg..[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2015
dossylvanus:

Well not for me. Lol....

Tried editing it, but all i get are fuzzy dark images.

Thinking of renaming every png file and making them fit into two parts /folders instead.

Is it feasible?
Probably won't change anything.

Does the boot animation play on your device?
What's the resolution of your device?
According to the desc file the boot animation is for HDPI devices.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by drizzy009: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
dossylvanus:

Really?

What os does your device run?
4 kitkat
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by drizzy009: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
PMONEY6:

What exactly do you need this for young man? Some kind of show off to local peeps or something?
I can't just get it! That you had to create a tread just to install a common boot animation on your old Chinese phone. Dey form geek.
That's how you'll end up bricking your phone and soon you'll come crying. I tire for most of you here abeg..[color=#990000][/color]
hey, watch what you type, don't you ever quote me again in your life....
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Karmanaut:

Probably won't change anything.

Does the boot animation play on your device?
What's the resolution of your device?
According to the desc file the boot animation is for HDPI devices.

My device's resolution is 320 by 480

160 p.

Tried resizing the pngs, but all what i get are fuzzy dark images. Just a blank screen really.

I used a a boot animation factory to then compile my own.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
PMONEY6:

If the pngs or whatever type of images are properly resized, then you can even create a boot animation for low end devices running Android Gingerbread!

Except you are an olodo, you should know that Chinese phones are among the most easily configurable phones on the planet.

If you sef get info, drop it! Nobody is an island. Stop giving people bad credit.

If no be say today na Sunday eh? I for finish you wallahi.

I opened the thread, not him.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
drizzy009:
4.4 4 kitkat

Ok
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
drizzy009:
hey, watch what you type, don't you ever quote me again in your life....

Abeg o no qualms here o.

Na So people go see trouble go wake am up.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
dossylvanus:

My device's resolution is 320 by 480

160 p.

Tried resizing the pngs, but all what i get are fuzzy dark images. Just a blank screen really.

I used a a boot animation factory to then compile my own.
Here's how to create boot animations
Good luck.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Karmanaut:

Here's how to create boot animations
Good luck.

Lool. I sabi this one shaa.

Thanks by the way.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2015
All right guys.

I was 'finally' able to resize and modify the boot animation.

Pictures coming up shortly.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2015
Here are a few screen shots of the modified Bootanimation.

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2015
More pics

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2015

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation by dossylvanus(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Xiaomi Redmi 7 Was Damaged And I'm Now In Need Of A Phone. Please Help!!! / Unlock Mtn Mobile Wifi E5330 (model: E5330bs-2) / Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.