Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44269 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Pls no bashing , Thank God for the peace we all are experiencing in warri, We all know the issue b/w Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw, this thread is created to promote Peace and unity. Below are some Unique Similarities b/w The Big Three's (Urhobo, Ijaw and Itskeiri).

1. They all love Woman : An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man loves women, You hardly see them getting married to one wife… I.e polygamous Family

2. Wealth : Apart from oil been located in our land, An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man is rich, if the ijaws re nt fishing the Urhobo's and Itsekiri are Farming, you hardly see them suffering.

3. Accommodating : we are all accommodating, Have you met with any typical Ijaw , Urhobo or Itsekiri man b4, How was his behavior towards you ?, they love strangers and hardly do you hear them maltreating any body.

4. Funny : Well don't need to emphasis more on this, If you see us alone , You already started laughing, 60% of Nigeria Comedian are either ( Urhobo , Ijaw or Itsekiri)

5. They are not lazy : Hmmmmm, don't Bleep with the big Three's , they are very strong.

6 . Culture : They all have similar culture

7. Well Educated

8. They love alcohol

God bless The Itsekiri Nation
God bless The Urhobo Nation
God bless the Ijaw Nation

#Written by Ayo aka Goodboiyy
you can add more to this list #Thanks

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by ladyF(f): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hmmm...point number 1 sha....If he doesn't like women, who will he like? Men?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by tpiah01: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
is the op Nigerian?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
tpiah01:
is the op Nigerian?
Lolz, I belike who stay america ?
Am a Nigerian, and proud of my country, y u even ask ?

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
ladyF:

I mean Polygamous home, They love polygamous home, getting married to 3wives e.t.c more than any other tribe in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by rawpadgin(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

In ogulugha where i work, u cant tell the difference between indigene & non indigene

they see everybody as their own

even ghana people sef dey run Mata there like son of the soil

u can't try in itsekiri land

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
Hey bro don't say trash about my people.
How many itsekiri av u met ? They re all Accommodating

5 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by tpiah01: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I mean Polygamous home, They love polygamous home, getting married to 3wives e.t.c more than any other tribe in Nigeria

not sure Itsekiri does that.

or maybe you mean womanizing, however, that's a typical Nigerian trait.

4 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by rawpadgin(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Hey bro don't say trash about my people.

How many itsekiri av u met ? They re all Accommodating
I was a resident in okere for many years, so i know what I am saying

12 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
tpiah01:

not sure Itsekiri does that.

or maybe you mean womanizing, however, that's a typical Nigerian trait.

Could use my dad as an example, Apart from my dad, The ones around me re found of that.. But its reducing sha due to Christianity
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by tpiah01: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Could use my dad as an example, Apart from my dad, The ones around me re found of that.. But its reducing sha due to Christianity

any examples of Itsekiris with multiple wives?

I mean who are public figures or celebrities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
I was a resident in older for many years, so i know what I am saying

Hmmm, maybe the people you stayed with ain't accommodating.. Buh an average Itsekiri man is

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
tpiah01:

any examples of Itsekiris with multiple wives?

Don't know Of any popular 1 with many wives, But the locals around me re found of that, my dad too

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by tpiah01: 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
none are coming to mind, actually.

not to say it doesn't happen.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by onuwaje(m): 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:

Where r u from?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Ilekeh(f): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Itsekiris are Yorubas abeg

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Aminat508(f): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Wetin be ijaw uhrobo nd isekiri? Na dance?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by slimmyjimmy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Benin Ishan
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by IsiCaterpillar(f): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Who cares?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by missKiffy(f): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
ladyF:
I hate you and introvert
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by islandmoon: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
I heard the Urhobos are nacksons! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Itshekiri have Yoruba cultures. Am cool with all tribes as long as they don't join the _Flatheads Screaming Biafra undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
The fact dat many of them do it doesnt mean its thr way.
hasty generalization of insufficient Statistics.
Anyway u ar right abt some.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by OKorowanta: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Urhobos are cool people
Not Urhobo wayo grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by rawpadgin(m): 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
onuwaje:

Where r u from?
not necessary
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by signature2012(m): 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
#proudly urhobo

Well done op.

Lalasticlala.....i sight u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by strawb(f): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by winner10: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Una don start ba?which 1 be dis again?

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by obiak4(m): 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
A typical niger delta is very accomodating anywhere you meet them
ijaws are very accomodating for example in bayelsa half of the strangers here are yoruba's
proudly associating with the ijaws
haa izon!!!!!!
#Proudly9ja

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
ethnicities

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.