Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44203 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
onuwaje:

If it's dressing the ijaws are kinda different from the others

Language- d urhobos and itsekiris borrow word from each oda ( a lot)

Marriage- there are more urhobo/itsekiri marriages dan itsekiri/ijaw or urhobo/ijaw

Every oda thing. Virtually d same

I'm talking from a delta state perspective
Have you seen an Ijaw Itsekiri and urhobo dressing amongst men n women?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by onuwaje(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
erico2k2:

Have you seen an Ijaw Itsekiri and urhobo dressing amongst men n women?
Yea y not.

But d ijaws hardly wear d wrapper. (men)

They wear d etibo as it is called in rivers
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
onuwaje:

Yea y not.

But d ijaws hardly wear d wrapper. (men)

They wear d etibo as it is called in rivers
They all do,and wear same Beads, the Ijaw beads and the Okpes and also the itsekiris are same
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by macof(m): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
erico2k2:
I think they Ijaw. Itsekiri and Urhobos are closely related in tradition.dress same.have same food.marry in same way.though language differ but same kinda people.

Major difference are Language and origins

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2015
macof:

Major difference are Language and origins
Yep I agree
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by kotv: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Goodboiyy:

This thread was nt created 4 ur type, I created d thread for a purpose and thank God I achieved it, I don't need to argue anything with u, If u think u gat nothing in common with Itsekiri den I can bet u re nt from Ijaw as u claimed.

U re nt d only Ijaw On NL, Many have read and smiled, Don't know ur problem with Itsekiri.

Buh I gat something for u bro, The Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo re Now Living Peacefully together,, Go Bleep urself. Enemy Of Progress

May God Strengthen our Unity
Amen.

You are too beneath me to even address. i have nothing in common with an itsekiri and if others want to smile as you make your ridiculous list, they can but i am not going to follow the herd. i have nothing in common with you.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
kotv:

You are too beneath me to even address. i have nothing in common with an itsekiri and if others want to smile as you make your ridiculous list, they can but i am not going to follow the herd. i have nothing in common with you.

Go Bleep urself dude, Ain't gat tym 4 u... stop feeling too important, Cous u just 1 man out of millions of Ijaw, If u like Bark nw till December na u sabi, Real Ijaw re busy clamouring for peace, Same with me, u re here barking, Showing ur hatred 4 Itsekiri.

PS: Am only referring to Ijaws in Delta, which I know u re nt from, So get out of this thread.. e Diot
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by jared007: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2015
erico2k2:

You would care read about D.O Dafinone, then I'm sure you will swallow your own words.
Like I said, I don't care if my words are spelt wrongly,i dont need to proof read after all its Nairaland when its time 2 proof read i will.
this lady u ve been arguing with claimed to be itsekiri maybe dats why she doesn't know much on the stats of educated urhobos. In my own opinion urhobos are next to yorubas in terms of westernised education in Nigeria!
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by ratatis(m): 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Setaje:

Dishonoured which dirty and useless ancestors. Ancestors that did not think of their great grandchildren. You are sick to think my dad did not do a good job. Their people are lazy. Terribly lazy. U people don't like hearing the truth. I talk from great experience wiv them. My fate and that of my family will never be tied to a backward people wiv a backward tradition. God forbid. I have never denied the fact that I am itshekiri but I will do anything to erase such ties wiv them. If u don't like it go and report me to egbesu or whatever is d name of your water goddess.

@Setaje,

You're allowing yourself to be held down by anger.
Now, come to look at it from another perspective :
Has it ever occurred to you that some of these bitter feelings of hostility that we habitually experience may be connected to some incidences that actually took place between us & others, in the distant past?

We have to learn to rise above the area of hostility & anger to enable us work off whatever karmic burden that is existing between us & others. The more we harbour persistent resentment towards someone, the more we tie & bind ourselves with the life of that person, through our feeling.

Through your hatred, you're, unknowingly, creating & attracting the circumstances that would bring you in the centre of activity & force you to live with the very people whom you're seeking to free yourself from.

Remember that hatred & (conditional) love are opposite sides of the same coin. We create "karma" not only through action alone, but also through our thoughts (i.e. feeling & thinking). That is why it is extremely important for us to discipline ourselves to be careful about how we feel & think about others.

There's a thread of destiny woven between us & our family, relatives, people around us & those we relate with. It is because we have common karma to resolve, that is why we were born within a particular family, within a particular tribe. We are free to choose to work off whatever karmic burden that is existing between us & others, in this lifetime, or choose to postpone it & continue to come together in subsequent lifetimes, in the future, until we learn, in even harder ways, how to resolve the differences that has accumulated & compounded through many lifetimes of associating with each other.
Either, we take responsibility & discipline ourselves, or we allow ourselves to be disciplined by passing through the rigorous disciplinary regimen of living. Either way, we would eventually learn to be disciplined.

If you were to "raise" your consciousness & see the larger picture, through the "Akashic Records", the many rounds of lives you've lived, here on earth & elsewhere, as a male; what role you played & how you affected the lives of some of those Itsekiris, for good or bad; how some of them (whom you're now hating bitterly) sacrificed & laid down their lives for you, you'll understand how everything fit in.

People come to learn, through hardships, in some lifetimes just as they also come to learn, through effortless effort, in other lifetimes.
People come to learn, as males, in some lifetimes, just as they also come to learn, as females, in other lifetimes.
We all pass through cycles of activity & less activity (what some of us term as "laziness"wink; the "valleys" & the "hills" of life; the "Ying" & the "Yang". We learn from both

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by docadams: 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
I hate you and introvert
Haba! What's up with you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Outrage As Nigerians Perform Traditional Rituals Publicly In South Africa.Photos / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze / Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.