Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44263 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Aminat508(f): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
onuwaje:

Where r u from?

Osogbo
Osun state
Nigeria cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by fratermathy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
goodboiyy what of okpe ppl na, similar to urhobo but different

My brother don't delude yourself. Okpe is Urhobo. It is actually the largest Kingdom in Urhobo land. Their language may have dialectical variations but they are URHOBO and are recognised as such. Isoko, on the other hand, though still a dialect of Urhobo in my opinion, have a people who are much more different in outlook and the language is recognised as being different.
Please don't get it twisted!

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Ufuos4Love: 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
Urhobo Wado!, Itsekiri mo ki aghan!, Izontu e mi a! #Proudly Urhobo.

5 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by destinysaid(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
shamecurls:
[size=38pt]The trio re all Biafrans[/size]
#in my in laws voice(area) common get away from here

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by sekesi2009(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmm...point number 1 sha....If he doesn't like women, who will he like? Men?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
No, he will like Lady F! afterall, you kukuma fine pass all them three tribes.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by destinysaid(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
fratermathy:

My brother don't delude yourself. Okpe is Urhobo. It is actually the largest Kingdom in Urhobo land. Their language may have dialectical variations but they are URHOBO and are recognised as such. Isoko, on the other hand, though still a dialect of Urhobo in my opinion, have a people who are much more different in outlook and the language is recognised as being different.
u sure, because in where i do IT one guy way b say na okpe boy dey correct me anytime i call am urhobo,
even self d guy says that his peeps differentiate dem from urhobo as having simila culture, but diff from urhobo o
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
lol
guy u funny o, enter igbo land as a yoruba guy and see tribalism in action, or better yet go hausa land as igbo man, wha d guy is saying is true , down south they accomodate far more than the average yoruba, igbo or northerner.

as for wealth, na the east hustle pass o, more so than our south bros

then again iv nt seen any1 more polygamous than a yoruba man........ hausa dey too and d least is an igbo man

but like op said, all these things should be what brings us together learning from each oda in order to strengthen our weaknesses

#proudlydeltan&ogunstate #proudly nigerian

If the east hustle pass... It will show economically in their region... Look at China.

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I mean Polygamous home, They love polygamous home, getting married to 3wives e.t.c more than any other tribe in Nigeria
That was 50 years ago, our fathers generation when many women=many kids= plenty work force
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
u sure, because in where i do IT one guy way b say na okpe boy dey correct me anytime i call am urhobo,
even self d guy says that his peeps differentiate dem from urhobo as having simila culture, but diff from urhobo o
wrong Okpe is just another ethnic group from the urhobo kingdom
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by PenSniper: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
DashMeYansh:
[color=#770077]Itshekiri have Yoruba cultures. Am cool with all tribes as long as they don't join the _Flatheads Screaming Biafra undecided[/
color]

You can say that again.
Nigeria will be a very peaceful, seren, progressive and loving society without the Igbos. Matter of fact, Nigeria would've been at the threshold of becoming a nation by now.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by M4gunners: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Number 3 is very correct i must say,but number 5 is a big lie.They are very lazy especially the Urhobo people.

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Kimoni: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aminat508:

Osogbo
Osun state
Nigeria cheesy cheesy

Osuun Ossogbo wink grin
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by PenSniper: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
OKorowanta:
Urhobos are cool people
Not Urhobo wayo grin

Which Urhobo is Not wayo ?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

1) So do Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa,Tiv etc

2) So are Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,Tiv etc

3) Same with Yoruba,Igbo, Hausa, Tiv, Fulani etc. Sorry I am not sure about the fulani

4) Same with Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Tiv etc

5) Same with Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Tiv, etc

6) Ok

7) Same as all others maybe not the hausa and fulani

cool Same as others except in the Muslim North

I think you should get out more.

Don't compare Ijaw, Urhobo Or Itsekiri with Ur Igbo, Yoruba Or Hausa Cous u guys got nothing in Common.

But The Ijaws , Urhobo and itsekiri re Unique people that have so many tins in common.... more than you can imagine.

Proudly Itsekiri boy
God bless the Urhobo Nation
God Bless The Ijaw Nation

Proudly Ndeltan

4 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aminat508:
Wetin be ijaw uhrobo nd isekiri? Na dance?
People of the Niger Delta, you no do geography??
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by destinysaid(m): 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
GodMode:

If the east hustle pass... It will show economically in their region... Look at China.
i do agree but in NG here every1 is for emselve right?
if you look well even d south no getanything strong part from oil, d north wey dey chop d oil money since never develop reach anywhere.

what i mean is d individual hustle ever1 makes, the east tend to go out and sweat it out in order to make it, rarely will you see some1 from d east sit down on d road n beg, they use wah dey hv (hands n legs) to get wah dey want, thats wah i mean, d individual hustle

5 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
M4gunners:
Number 3 is very correct i must say,but number 5 is a big lie.They are very lazy especially the Uhurobo people.

Urhobos re nt lazy, get your fact right.. ur hatred 4 Urhobo will do u something

thanks

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by destinysaid(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:

wrong Okpe is just another ethnic group from the urhobo kingdom
ok sir but sha differences dey between d two? cheesy
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Uncleodi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Pls no bashing , Thank God for the peace we all are experiencing in warri, We all know the issue b/w Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw, this thread is created to promote Peace and unity. Below are some Unique Similarities b/w The Big Three's (Urhobo, Ijaw and Itskeiri).

1. They all love Woman : An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man loves women, You hardly see them getting married to one wife… I.e polygamous Family

2. Wealth : Apart from oil been located in our land, An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man is rich, if the ijaws re nt fishing the Urhobo's and Itsekiri are Farming, you hardly see them suffering.

3. Accommodating : we are all accommodating, Have you met with any typical Ijaw , Urhobo or Itsekiri man b4, How was his behavior towards you ?, they love strangers and hardly do you hear them maltreating any body.

4. Funny : Well don't need to emphasis more on this, If you see us alone , You already started laughing, 60% of Nigeria Comedian are either ( Urhobo , Ijaw or Itsekiri)

5. They are not lazy : Hmmmmm, don't Bleep with the big Three's , they are very strong.

6 . Culture : They all have similar culture

7. Well Educated

8. They love alcohol

God bless The Itsekiri Nation
God bless The Urhobo Nation
God bless the Ijaw Nation

#Written by Ayo aka Goodboiyy
you can add more to this list #Thanks

U forgot to add the most important one!

They are too violent oh! undecided
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Aminat508(f): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Osuun Ossogbo wink grin

Awaniyen oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Ufuos4Love: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
fratermathy:

It shall be well with you sir. The noise of Okpe being or not being Urhobo is becoming too much nowadays, maybe because of it's size, and i think it's high time the people of Okpe led by the Orodje make a clarification on this issue. The truth is all the 22 clans/kingdoms in Urhobo all have unique dialects; it's just that majority of the spoken dialects are more similar to one another... Uvwie and Okpe dialects are the least when it some to general similarity, this phenomenon is also evident in other Nigerian ethnic groups. Urhobo wado, Delta wado, Nigeria wadooooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]They are very stingy.
That is why Delta State is still underdeveloped since the independence of Nigeria on October 1, 1960.
They hardly invest in the development of their people.[/size]
U foolish sotey you forgot there was nothing like Delta state 1960 shocked shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
What of Isoko_?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Aminat508(f): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:

People of the Niger Delta, you no do geography??
okay... I no sabi nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Itshekiri have Yoruba cultures. Am cool with all tribes as long as they don't join the _Flatheads Screaming Biafra undecided
muzzy numpty......your enmity towards Biafra will make us stronger and help in making Biafra known to those who don't know........you're experiencing "Biafraphobia"

7 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
gladys470:
hmmm is it the same ijaws i know of in bayelsa.. very lazy, their wife are the ones who work .. give birth to lots of children..they dont even send them to school.. if you think am lying ..please on your own calculate the number of ijaw in your school.
abi another ijaw people dey or are you talking about the ones in warri.
there are Ijaws in Rivers,Bayelsa and Delta, even Ondo.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by M4gunners: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Urhobos re nt lazy, get your fact right.. ur hatred 4 Urhobo will kill u

thanks
Thunder fire your mouth. It's wrong to say the truth? They are lazy period. I'm talking from experience, i have nothing against my people but let the truth be told.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aminat508:
okay... I no sabi nah cheesy
Welcome now you don sabi smthing today grin grin,I meant no harm
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
M4gunners:
Thunder fire your mouth. It's wrong to say the truth? They are lazy period. I'm talking from experience, i have nothing against my people but let the truth be told.
which part of the urhobo clan do you come from??
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
You are deluded, there is no point arguing with you. I hope there is a second wave of slaughtering for you guys. "There's profit to be made from war" cool
Evaromantik:

muzzy numpty......your enmity towards Biafra will make us stronger and help in making Biafra known to those who don't know........you're experiencing "Biafraphobia"

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]They are very stingy.
That is why Delta State is still underdeveloped since the independence of Nigeria on October 1, 1960.
They hardly invest in the development of their people.[/size]

Not true.

You should be grateful to The Big Three's If not for there resources Delta wont be where she is now
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Aminat508(f): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Welcome now you don sabi smthing today grin grin,I meant no harm
YES oooo iyaf learn grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.