Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44264 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
fratermathy:

My brother don't delude yourself. Okpe is Urhobo. It is actually the largest Kingdom in Urhobo land. Their language may have dialectical variations but they are URHOBO and are recognised as such. Isoko, on the other hand, though still a dialect of Urhobo in my opinion, have a people who are much more different in outlook and the language is recognised as being different.
Please don't get it twisted!
Isoko are actually another dialect spoken by the Urhobo people, they share same ancestors as the Okpes cos there is a place called Okpe isoko, thats where the Okpes are from,

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by lukman885(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aminat508:
Wetin be ijaw uhrobo nd isekiri? Na dance?
hahaha u wan luk 4 2roble ko grin
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by themharcqk(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

Who did you meet or you are jst tryna attention?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Goldmaxx(f): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
aprilwise:
I rep ijaw. Am proud to be an Ijaw.
hw far
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by otokx(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Funny thread.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Vegasailin:
I once worked on a ship with an Ijaw Captain...Very dubious and corny...I'm scared of Ijaw ppl...

Not true...

Ijaws re very Trustworthy
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by M4gunners: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]They are very stingy.
That is why Delta State is still underdeveloped since the independence of Nigeria on October 1, 1960.
They hardly invest in the development of their people.[/size]
Bros your lied here. They are not stingy at all. They can chop their last cash hoping one of there person will hammer 2morrow or next. To set the record straight, they are not stingy at all.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
PenSniper:

Which Urhobo is Not wayo ?
abeg check international news, nah who dey play people 419?? we know the tribe nah, or have you ever heard of Akpos being indicted for 419 frm London to USA? we know dem dem nah, even drug traffickers the urhobos,itsekiri and Ijaws no join ohh we know dem dem

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Don't compare Ijaw, Urhobo Or Itsekiri with Ur Igbo, Yoruba Or Hausa Cous u guys got nothing in Common.

But The Ijaws , Urhobo and itsekiri re Unique people that have so many tins in common.... more than you can imagine.

Proudly Itsekiri boy
God bless the Urhobo Nation
God Bless The Ijaw Nation

Proudly Ndeltan

Itsekiri is yoruba...
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
GodMode:

Itsekiri is yoruba...
Ok since you are very sure, tell us the connection Plz oya nah.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by henryblaze25(m): 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
King solomon is an Ijaw. Man, it's rare to see an Ijaw man that doesn't love woman grin

Ari Izon tubo= I am an Izon boy

South-South representing

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Sanchez01: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Pls no bashing , Thank God for the peace we all are experiencing in warri, We all know the issue b/w Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw, this thread is created to promote Peace and unity. Below are some Unique Similarities b/w The Big Three's (Urhobo, Ijaw and Itskeiri).

1. They all love Woman : An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man loves women, You hardly see them getting married to one wife… I.e polygamous Family

2. Wealth : Apart from oil been located in our land, An Average Urhobo , Ijaw and Itsekiri man is rich, if the ijaws re nt fishing the Urhobo's and Itsekiri are Farming, you hardly see them suffering.

3. Accommodating : we are all accommodating, Have you met with any typical Ijaw , Urhobo or Itsekiri man b4, How was his behavior towards you ?, they love strangers and hardly do you hear them maltreating any body.

4. Funny : Well don't need to emphasis more on this, If you see us alone , You already started laughing, 60% of Nigeria Comedian are either ( Urhobo , Ijaw or Itsekiri)

5. They are not lazy : Hmmmmm, don't Bleep with the big Three's , they are very strong.

6 . Culture : They all have similar culture

7. Well Educated

8. They love alcohol

God bless The Itsekiri Nation
God bless The Urhobo Nation
God bless the Ijaw Nation

#Written by Ayo aka Goodboiyy
you can add more to this list #Thanks
Oniovo, biko, take out your number 7 abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Abugab(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Based on point 1; 'an urhobo man who has two wives is still a bachelor' based on the popular saying.

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
i do agree but in NG here every1 is for emselve right?
if you look well even d south no getanything strong part from oil, d north wey dey chop d oil money since never develop reach anywhere.

what i mean is d individual hustle ever1 makes, the east tend to go out and sweat it out in order to make it, rarely will you see some1 from d east sit down on d road n beg, they use wah dey hv (hands n legs) to get wah dey want, thats wah i mean, d individual hustle

The south has farming... Agriculture has always been a force in the south.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
goodboiyy what of okpe ppl na, similar to urhobo but different

Sorry Bro, But Okpe Is Still Urhobo (A Dialect In Urhobo ) Thou The biggest Of All Urhobo Clan...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by kkboy(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
These are qualities and treats that are common to all the Biafrans that's why we are one indivisible people.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by SmartMugu: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

Yes, number 7 can actually be a subject of debate.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

Very true. Of the three tribes, the Izon (ijaws) have shown me more hospitality. They are more welcoming.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

Y? are we not educated, if you feel so plz change your circle of friends.Join the urhobo scholars group, mayB you will meet more intellectuals of the urhobo kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
DashMeYansh:
I dare you to quote her. I wasn't being Tribalist. I simply said "I love Nigerians that dont support secession" get it? undecided
is it by force to remain with you?...........abi una wan remain the "gaint of Africa"?

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
kkboy:
These are qualities and treats that are common to all the Biafrans that's why we are one indivisible people.
My friend take your Biafra and shove it where the SUN dont shine,silly group who like follow follow,wetin concern us with una

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
shamecurls:
[size=38pt]The trio re all Biafrans[/size]

Hey pls not on this Thread,,, plsss pls and pls

thanks ..

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
fratermathy:

My brother don't delude yourself. Okpe is Urhobo. It is actually the largest Kingdom in Urhobo land. Their language may have dialectical variations but they are URHOBO and are recognised as such. Isoko, on the other hand, though still a dialect of Urhobo in my opinion, have a people who are much more different in outlook and the language is recognised as being different.
Please don't get it twisted!

Thanks ..

Nice response
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Secession is Treason undecided. I will defend my motherland regardless of where I may be. If the Us had seceded they wouldn't have been a superpower. I share that dream for Nigeria. undecided
Evaromantik:

is it by force to remain with you?...........abi una wan remain the "gaint of Africa"?
tpiah01:

any examples of Itsekiris with multiple wives?

I mean who are public figures or celebrities.
No insults intended, but Oritsefemi's dad has more than one wife. That I am sure of.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by fratermathy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
u sure, because in where i do IT one guy way b say na okpe boy dey correct me anytime i call am urhobo,
even self d guy says that his peeps differentiate dem from urhobo as having simila culture, but diff from urhobo o
That guy is just in denial on who he is. Firstly, there's no ethnic group in Nigeria known as Okpe. They are recognised as a part of Urhobo! All their appointments and socio-cultural ties are with the Urhobos. They are members of the UPU of the Urhobos. They answer Urhobo names, speak and understand general Urhobo but their own traditional dialect is very very deep just like Ijebu yoruba. Some of them, for political or personal reasons, claim to be different and the Isoko experiment (where a man named Otobo, an Isoko Man in the then Eastern Urhobo division of the Western Colonial Parliament, moved for Isoko's independence from Urhobo and succeeded) prove to be what they aspire towards. However, just like any other tribe, they are a dialect of Urhobo as much as Isoko is but they are more Urhobo in culture and language than the Isokos. Funny enough, Isoko and Okpe seem to be kith & kin.
The summary of all these is that Okpes are Urhobos! Don't let the deluded thinking of someone confuse you about this FACT!

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:
Ok since you are very sure, tell us the connection Plz oya nah.
Ask google...
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by chax100(f): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
I rep yellow and yellow, that's my favourite meal. I don confused the yellowbars, yeebos and harwusas. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
GodMode:

Ask google...
dont say stuff if don't have facts, no kids here,don't just say waht you think
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ufuos4Love:
Urhobo Wado!, Itsekiri mo ki aghan!, Izontu e mi a! #Proudly Urhobo.

Thanks...

Am So happy we can now Tolerate Each other...

Proudly Iwerre
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
chax100:
I rep yellow and yellow, that's my favourite meal. I don confused the yellowbars, yeebos and harwusas. grin grin grin
yellow yellow nah highest, we been get one joint in reclamation rd in sapele back in the days,I dont know if it still exist sha,that yellow yellow with bush meat or kanu meat sha grin grin grin
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Truely,Igbos are more welcoming.......the only people we hate is the Hausa/foolanies because the killed over 6million of us and subjected us into living in a country that is not ours but was created by the Europeans..........i dnt think it will be possible for jew to ever love Sir Adolf Hitler

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.