Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? (39312 Views)

Can You Marry An Ex~ Convict / How To Forgive An Ex / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Here's the thing, an ex called me last week(my first boyfriend) to invite me to his wedding, the issue now is that I don't know if I should honour the invite, he said his wife insist he invites me(he didn't want to )I know he did love me and he was quite the model boyfriend then(he could pass for the types in mills$boons grin)and we have talked since the break up but I never thought he wouldn't invite me to his wedding, and now to call me to say his wife insists he invites me is kinda shocking/confusing, I always knew I would honour the invites I have the time to attend to,still I'm wondering if I should sit this one out, I partly want to go because it will be like a kind of reunion with old friends(even some who have to travel from very far for this) yet somehow, I feel like not going, he didn't sound happy to invite me, he was cold.

Would you go if you were the one?
IF YOU LIKE GO, IF YOU LIKE NO GO, WETI CONCERN ME!

ALL I KNOW BE SAY HE DON MARRY BUT YOU!! YOU STILL DEY HERE DEY MISERABLE YOUR OWN LIFE.

COME undecided WHO EVEN TELL YOU SAY HE STILL LOVE YOU?

Keep on mumuling yourself
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by hensben(m): 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
If you have something to say, say it already jor.
Talk true, you like to have one last round with him.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by bigerboy200: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
wetin u dey find up and down sef?? stay in ur house and wish him well..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Generally speaking, I dont think its a big deal to attend an ex's wedding if you're on good terms and got an invite. In fact, in my mind its incumbent on the attendee to honor the invite with a positive presence/vibe, a fitting gift, and all the congratulations the occasion calls for. However, the scenario you described in the OP is highly suspect. I wouldn't go. Politely decline.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by shejane: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
No need for long talk

Don't go shikena

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hey house, i got this e-book from one foreign sport site on Virtual Football betting, i don use am myself and it worked but on a gentle wining style.
It showed 7 different playing strategies in VFL betting.
Though wasnt free. I paid for it and i av even bought hundreds of ebooks b4God blessed me wit dis.
The patterns and tricks discussed and revealed in it are working on Nairabet and Merrybet like madt! if u ar intrested in getting it, i am reselling it at a cost of N500 which is no where near wat i bought it for. U can contact me to get it click http:///7oE19B. Then fill your account details
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
He's cold and yet he's telling you that his wife insists that you tag along with the idea - Lemme make it very plain to you, he wants you to come around and see him get married maybe just maybe that's his own way of getting back at you.

From experience , no lady would want his groom inviting an ex girlfriend to her wedding, her own day.

He should come out plain and tell you ''ntoi, I dun dey marry o as you sef reject me ni!'' grin

Some people can be vindictive in this life sha. grin
Na wa o, I already decided not to go sha, I just was taken aback by the manner of invite.grin

It's not even like I didn't apologise for breaking his heart(his words), though he kept trying for us to get back together but it just wasn't for me again, if he's still bearing grudge na him sabi.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
hensben:
Talk true, you like to have one last round with him.
Don't troll here biko.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Come that's not the purpose of this thread, trying to scrutinise my sex life that is.angry

We dated for about 2 years if you must know, intimate activities include spooning and touching, I don't see how that is contradictory.

Amebo.undecided
That's not the purpose here but when a particular statement surfaces then it could be subjected to every kind of scrutiny.

What's it with that emoticon sef? Mtcheew ! abeg no vex ,oya nau back to your ex. grin

Ask him what he told his bride about you that she is insisting that you come around ? ask him because you're too smart to be labelled a home breaker tomorrow even when you could be miles away. But my best advice is to tell him to go on with his wedding and you do not hold anything against him, and as well too busy to attend.

The guy could be passing a subtle message to his bride that ''Look at her ,I can still run away if you make life difficult for me ,after all you saw her and she is beautiful'' There is nothing that manipulative men won't do to women to score some useless points that is usually in the blind spot of everyone involved including the new wife and the willing pawn but it would take a woman with wisdom not to fall for that charade. grin

Reject his IV the way God rejected satan. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Raymie(m): 11:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Free food, free drinks, gifts to thank yhu for coming and if yhu get lucky, hookup on a platter. Why won't I go?
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
If I drilled her borehole blue-black before the break up, because then, I won't have anything to lose
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Na wa o, I already decided not to go sha, I just was taken aback by the manner of invite.grin

It's not even like I didn't apologise for breaking his heart(his words), though he kept trying for us to get back together but it just wasn't for me again, if he's still bearing grudge na him sabi.
You see ya life ? You dun make person go marry with vexation. angry angry

Oya tell am make him cancel the wedding with all seriousness make you see him reaction first. grin grin

I no dey house o. grin grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by ProdigyLoco(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
suffa better food and meaningful souvenir dey, Y not?
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Don't troll here biko.
But that one dey. cheesy
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by abatically(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
He invited u because he wants u to be present and not because his bride wants u to. Trust me if he doesn't want u to be there he wouldn't invite u even if his bride asks him to. Its as simple as telling his bride he has invited u. If u are comfortable going then go, but if u feel u won't be comfortable then sit it out. It is not a must.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 11:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's not the purpose here but when a particular statement surfaces then it could be subjected to every kind of scrutiny.

What's it with that emoticon sef? Mtcheew ! abeg no vex ,oya nau back to your ex. grin

Ask him what he told his pride about you that she is insisting that you come around ? ask him because you're too smart to be labelled a home breaker tomorrow even when you could be miles away. But my best advice is to tell him to go on with his wedding and you do not hold anything against him, and as well too busy.

The guy could be passing a subtle message to his bride that ''Look at her ,I can still run away if you make life difficult for me ,after all you saw her and she is beautiful'' There is nothing that manipulative men won't do to women to score some useless points that is usually in the blind spot of everyone involved including the new wife and the willing pawn but it would take a woman with wisdom not to fall for that charade. grin

Reject his IV the way God rejected satan. grin
Lol, you are funny, I wasn't vexing btw but it feels nice that you say make I no vex.tonguegrin

Home breaker ke? I can't put myself in that position, amadioha forbid it, I will just wish him well on the day of the event, I just really woulda loved to see my old pals, but nothing spoil still.cheesy
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
You see ya life ? You dun make person go marry with vexation. angry angry

Oya tell am make him cancel the wedding with all seriousness make you see him reaction first. grin grin

I no dey house o. grin grin
Your head no correct.grin grin grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, you are funny, I wasn't vexing btw but it feels nice that you say make I no vex.tonguegrin

Home breaker ke? I can't put myself in that position, amadioha forbid it, I will just wish him well on the day of the event, I just really woulda loved to see my old pals, but nothing spoil still.cheesy
No go ooo....

If you attend party wey dem no invite you with clean mind and you come break their plate ,you go pay o. grin grin

If you doubt me , ask Deejavuu. cheesy grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Osisie(m): 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Whatever u do, just don't have sex with him. Niqqa ain't urs no more!
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by permsec: 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
Judging by ur post i must say u still like him op(atleast an iota). I've been there before and believe me u'll end up regreting ur action if u eventually go.

All the wife-to-be want is just to acess u physically et al and run comparisms btw herself and U cos she must have heard alot about you from ur ex and his friends and family.

Again she wants to tests her hubby's countenance towards u that very day. things like eye contact, seductive smiles and all oda yeye tins.

Make urself very occupied on the wedding day with whateva that gives u happiness......

As for me i let byegones be byegones. life anagaga!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by DICKtator: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Here's the thing, an ex called me last week(my first boyfriend) to invite me to his wedding, the issue now is that I don't know if I should honour the invite, he said his wife insist he invites me(he didn't want to )I know he did love me and he was quite the model boyfriend then(he could pass for the types in mills$boons grin)and we have talked since the break up but I never thought he wouldn't invite me to his wedding, and now to call me to say his wife insists he invites me is kinda shocking/confusing, I always knew I would honour the invites I have the time to attend to,still I'm wondering if I should sit this one out, I partly want to go because it will be like a kind of reunion with old friends(even some who have to travel from very far for this) yet somehow, I feel like not going, he didn't sound happy to invite me, he was cold.

Would you go if you were the one?

Why won't you go?
When last you chop wedding rice?
Won't you love to stand up when the Officiating priest says the those who do not support their joining together should?

Won't you love to give the toast when old friends are doing such?
You would be able to tell his new crush that you know what he carries cos he has given you before!!
It is the wedding rice I am more concerned about though.........

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by morereb10: 12:00am On Sep 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
I will go if we ended our relationship in peace.

Seriously, do relationship actually end in peace? Weird.

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
No go ooo....

If you attend party wey dem no invite you with clean mind and you come break their plate ,you go pay o. grin grin

If you doubt me , ask Deejavuu. cheesy grin
Lol, I no go go, him sister sef call me dey tell me say so finally no be me him marry, say she still dey find am hard to believe but I just explain my stance give am and she understand, I no just know why the guy will say all is well, when infact he is still angry with me, orisirisi, I wish everyone had my kind of heart.grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2015
permsec:
Judging by ur post i must say u still like him op(atleast an iota). I've been there before and believe me u'll end up regreting ur action if u eventually go.

All the wife-to-be want is just to acess u physically et al and run comparisms btw herself and U cos she must have heard alot about you from ur ex and his friends and family. Make urself very occupied on the wedding day with whateva that gives u happiness......

As for me i let byegones be byegones. life anagaga!
Gbam! You raised a vital point my brother.

Some people can't just stop talking about their ex with their bf or gf with the girls always being the main culprit all the time.

I will personally dump your ass in the fullness of time the moment you start talking about your useless ex that couldn't even keep you around. grin

Op, should tell him to shove his IV down his ass for all I care before some problems starts coming up tomorrow with her name in the entire picture for all the wrong reasons.

Why do we even call them an 'ex' when we talk about them all the time? undecided
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 07, 2015
na buhari cause am
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Truckpusher(m): 12:06am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, I no go go, him sister sef call me dey tell me say so finally no be me him marry, say she still dey find am hard to believe but I just explain my stance give am and she understand, I no just know why the guy will say all is well, when infact he is still angry with me, orisirisi, I wish everyone had my kind of heart.grin
There is no point going for that wedding.

Talk to him nicely and that's all - So, you're still single and ready to mingle?

I should have been very nice to you all these years. cheesy *scratches head adjusts my glasses* grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by babadem2much(m): 12:08am On Sep 07, 2015
Yes na wetin de dia
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by permsec: 12:11am On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Gbam! You raised a vital point my brother.

Some people can't just stop talking about their ex with their bf or gf with the girls always being the main culprit all the time.

I will personally dump your ass in the fullness of time the moment you start talking about your useless ex that couldn't even keep you around. grin

Op, should tell him to shove his IV down his ass for all I care before some problems starts coming up tomorrow with her name in the entire picture for all the wrong reasons.

Why do we even call them an 'ex' when we talk about them all the time? undecided
Lmao! we call them PAST yet they rule the present and possibly the future.
Any small misunderstanding with the newly wedded couple, they'll use op as the crux of their wahala.

Then the hubby's body language will be stronger than that of PMB. Use ur head madam!
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 12:11am On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is no point going for that wedding.

Talk to him nicely and that's all - So, you're still single and ready to mingle?

I should have been very nice to you all these years. cheesy *scratches head adjusts my glasses* grin
Yea, not going is already the only option, I'm only ever nice to him considering he was absolutely loving/I was the one that ended things, so I have that part covered.

I'm single and still not sure about marriage yet, plus I don't do misogynists.tongue

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by ladygudhead(f): 12:16am On Sep 07, 2015
Wealthyonos:
[size=14pt] Baby dont mind all of them saying thrash. Since its the wife that is inviting you, tell him to tell his wife to invite you personally. Tell him u won't come except she does so. But i'm suspecting his wife could be one of ur friends or some1 you know if truly she is the one inviting you. [/size]

gbam!!! onos u too much.I had exactly this same tot.u just took it out of my mouth
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by babadem2much(m): 12:18am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not sure, not like he doesn't want me there per se, more like, it could be a distraction.

grin grin grin grin

Buy a very nice gift wrapped. go to the church when the pastor or priest will say if there is anybody that doesn't want this union to hold..... just stand up grin make am fear n d congregation then sit down . latter present the gift on a cheerful manner. but o swear if na me ehn I go stone u with my shoe DAT time grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by permsec: 12:18am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Thats tales by moonlight from the sister. she is just claiming not to know that you and the bro pathed ways and u fell for it! Chai women sha!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mothers I Need Ur Advice / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read / Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.