|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,754,195 members, 6,542,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 17 October 2021 at 01:22 PM
|Graduate Tellers Job At Standard Chartered Bank by Brownville007: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2015|
We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Teller
• Processing of all daily counter transactions for deposit/withdrawals to savings,current and fixed deposit accounts (involving cash, inter-account transfers) and handling associated customer interactions/inquiries/complaints to a specified standard of quality. This may include servicing of priority banking customers at separate counters and may also involve a higher level of specified service standards.
• Cross-selling of simple products (eg. Fixed-deposits, cards during off peak transaction times, and where relevant, identify prospects for cross-selling of other products (from observation of customer transactions) to highlight/refer to sales staff.
General Reconciliations and control activities (which can be individually assigned) which may typically include:
• Processing of cash deposits/withdrawals from customers
• Receiving and posting of outward clearing cheques deposits.
• Receiving and processing of OTTs, FTs, FD etc on eBBS and Filenet.
• Posting of standing orders/payroll/card merchant transactions to customer accounts
• Processing of clearing cheques, and truncation.
• Reconciliation of operating accounts for daily control as well as surprise audit proofing
• General filing of documents
• Gathering/preparation of statistics for service quality and productivity indicators.
• And every other duty/assignment as may be delegated by the TSM/BOM and the Branch Manager.
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to “identifying Your Customer, Knowing Your Customer, Reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”.
(INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
• Operational staff- for operational and processing support.
• Branch management-reporting of any irregular transactions and correction of all processing errors
• Training-for training on new/revised products/processes/processes/systems.
Process transactions and acquire/expand business.
Contributory impact on:
• Consumer Banking and SCB’s overall profitability
• Staff training and development as well as motivation and team spirit
• Customer satisfaction and service quality per established standards
• Business referrals to other business units
• Maintaining customer loyalty
RISK MANAGEMENT & CONTROLS STANDARDS
Remain alert to the risk of money laundering, and assist in the bank efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principle in relation to ‘identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
• Ability to provide accurate information and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish good rapport with colleagues and confidence in dealing with all level of management in cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent computer/system skills
• Correctness of complex transactions posted
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Ability to plan daily/periodic operations
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Salesmanship, energy and drive
• Sound knowledge of administrative procedures
• Relevant academic and work experience
• Good knowledge of transaction processes
• To provide constant quality service and at the same time work within the framework of the laid down policies
• To constantly upgrade the skills and knowledge of the staff so that a high degree of professionalism is reflected.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online
|Re: Graduate Tellers Job At Standard Chartered Bank by braine(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2015|
This long story coz of bank teller job.
|Re: Graduate Tellers Job At Standard Chartered Bank by jazinogold(m): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2015|
if teller advert long like this den manager advert na one full journal!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50