Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (62226 Views)

Poll: Do "mammy water" spirits actually exist?

No, it's a myth: 39% (55 votes)
Yes, it's reality: 60% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:32am On May 17, 2009
[size=13pt]IW MARRY MAMMY WATER,  AND [b]F[/b]UCK THE FISH TAIL OUT OF HER BY FORCE!,DIG SO DEEP INTO HER HOLE. cool

ooo IM IN LOVE undecided
[/size]
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by kayoday(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2009
Dont really believe they exist sha, but wetin person go call this one , pappy water abi?

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2009
[size=13pt]Thats a MonsterFish. . . . . . . shocked[/size]
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by DrTomgirl(f): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
Mermaids are 4 real but GOD is da masta of da universe. Mia mum told me she had seen 1 in her adolescence. @ doubting Thomases', I suggest U go on vacation, I mean camping out cloz to rivas 4 6 months maximum, I bet U, U'll surely get a glimpse but rememba to hold ya rosary and Bible and turari issegun, Quran, Tesbal and cross or ur Opele depending on Ur religion!!!!!!!! I wish U api camping out, enjoy da show!
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Tudor6(f): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2009
Dr Tomgirl:

Mermaids are  4 real but GOD is da masta of da universe. Mia mum told me she had seen 1 in her adolescence. @ doubting Thomases', I suggest U go on vacation, I mean camping out cloz to rivas 4 6 months maximum, I bet U, U'll surely get a glimpse but rememba to hold ya rosary and Bible and turari issegun, Quran, Tesbal and cross or ur Opele depending on Ur religion!!!!!!!! I wish U api camping out, enjoy da show!
Girlie mami water or mermaid spirit DOES NOT EXIST! You can camp from now till eternity and it wouldn't still exist.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by DrTomgirl(f): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
Girlie mami water or mermaid spirit DOES NOT EXIST! You can camp from now till eternity and it wouldn't still exist.

Oh no need to fight ourselves, GOD reigns!!!!! surely Jesus is real!
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Tudor6(f): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Dr Tomgirl:

Oh no need to fight ourselves, GOD reigns!!!!! surely Jesus is real!
who told you that?
Have you seen God before?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by DrTomgirl(f): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2009
@ Tudor: pls let's chat beta, tomgirl4realshow@yahoo.com. Pls xpectin ur mail.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Tudor6(f): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2009
Dr Tomgirl:

@ Tudor: pls let's chat beta, tomgirl4realshow@yahoo.com. Pls xpectin ur mail.
I wonder what new stuff you'd have to say that i've never heard before. . . Hope you have convincing evidence that mami water exists.
Check your mail box.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by mantraa: 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2009
It is well known that manatees (sometimes known sea cows) used to be mistaken for mermaids by european sailors. Many unique species had evolved in their own unique environments and were made extinct by man because they had no natural predators in the wild and did not fear us. Many of the mammy water myths that we had about them actually protected them from us humans until the europeans arrived and slaughtered them all. Not many species survive today, but it is thought that there were hundreds, if not thousands, of different types in africa and around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Manatee

Thousands of species of african animals have been quickly made extinct by man in the last 500 years and most of them have never been documented.

Here is a short list of some of those that have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals_of_Africa

1 Like

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2009
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by maputu: 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
minus the occasional abuses, the posts on this topic have been entertaining and informative. While trying to believe its a myth or its for real we have to understand what mammy water (mami wata) means. Is it mammy water spirit (marine spirit) or mammy water being (mermaid or merman) we are discussing about? I want to believe its mermaids and mermen we are discussing here because I've read another topic about marine spirit on nairaland.

As for me though I've not seem any, I believe they exist from what I've read about them, what I've been told by people (girls) who are/were involved with the marine world, what I've seen in deliverance services in churches (catholic church included) and what two young teenagers told me in Benin City, Edo State Nigeria. As a land speculator, I went to view some plots of land on Asoro Hill overlooking Ogba River in Benin City and i saw this young boy and girl who told me the appearance of a mermaid having her bath and brushing her hair is a common occurrence in the river. They swore they have seen it many times (not them say) with their naked eyes. They told me many things which I'll post someother time. I gave them my phone number and some money to call me when next they see the mermaid. I traveled back to London almost immediately. Will get you posted (with pictures) if/when ever I see them.

Finding out the occurrence of mermaid is not far fetched. Visit the riverine areas of Delta State (ijaw speaking areas like Burutu Local Govt Area and its environs, you'll meet people who will tell you how to see/find them.

enjoy this link: http://planettyrexania..com/2006/12/my-ex-girlfriend-has-mammy-water-spirit.html

Stay blessed and away from the river/ocean/sea/stream/pond et al.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]190 you maybe scared off but please pardon me , i only want you to realise mami water is real but not a myth. many people have seen it. . . some are good while some are evil . If you are tired of been a complete human being and really want to know if mami water is real, then here is a thread on how to become a mermaid. Try casting the spell with your whole heart and see results within a twinkle of an eye.

Check out the thread : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-302693.0.html
[/size]
190:

undecided undecided@Ogaga4Luv
are u trying 2 scare me or smtin,
maybe it was the crocrodiles that ate the children
anyway bak 2 the mamywater issue
maybe its real, i guess its real,
im 70% sure its real but, come 2 tink of it
why havent it been televised yet
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by 190: 8:16pm On May 23, 2010
na wa o
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2010
[size=13pt]why you dey shout. . . .huh [/size]
190:

na wa o
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by VALIDATOR: 3:27pm On May 26, 2010
Why do the claims of mammy water existence come only from poverty stricken ignorant societies such as sub Sahara Africa.Why?
It takes a certain degree of ignorance to believe in such.
Ignorance makes you to enjoy believing unverifiable illogical claims.
Ignorance makes you to attach spirituality to anything you can't immediately understand.
Ignorance makes poverty to thrive.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 7:25am On May 29, 2010
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Mandyhawty: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
I dnt care if they exist or nt.
Wat i knw is dat i wana be 1.
Sumbdy shld pls help me
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by manibuds(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
the issue of the way a mermaid should look was theoretically treated and it wasnt pretty at all,if u want to take a cue from dolphins,sharks,seals etc...then a long blond/black silky shoulder length hair is unlikely,afro hair nko?forget it.she'll need plenty body fat to cope with ocean temp,her diet will be what?if it is fish she'll definitely need fangs or serated saw like dentition,her arms will be more like flippers,her eyes will be more like a dolphin's or a seal's.she wont be anything like the hollywood image we know,just as hollywood projected chimps as cute rascally human like pet that loves banana,milk and other oyinbo ije ku je(they fooled michael jackson to get one) only for recent studies to reveal their ruthless carnivorous tendencies.
who is to say if the pple claiming that they saw a mermaid did not see a seal basking on the shore on a half moon lite night only to roll into the water on being startled.
be that as it may,this planet has more areas covered by sea than land,considering the vastness,it is possible that another evolutionary path may have yielded an aquatic humanoid form,some form of advanced dolphin just like us being an advanced ape

2 Likes

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by tpia1: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by seekingtruth(m): 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Orikinla: The Ogbanje in Igbo is the evidence of Mammy Water.

When the fallen angels were cast down from heaven with Lucifer, many of them were scattered in the air, rivers, seas, ponds, lakes, forest, valleys, mountains, etc. And they had sexual relationships with humans and gave birth to a corruption of both devils and humans such as mermaids and mermen.

My father communicated with them. And my mother saw a mermaid.
I have seen those possessed by Mammy Water spirits manifesting.
My father was one of them. And he took me along to midnight invocations at the seaside in Lagos.
My father always said we came from the water. But I rejected every lie of the devil.

A neighbour met a white blonde at the Bar Beach on the Victoria Island in Lagos as she was drawing strange figures and letters in the sand. He told her about me and she later came to visit me. We were very close and understood each other like twins. But I was suspicious of how she came to me, so I never even kissed her or slept with her until she left.

I have had other strange encounters.
Because, I was an Ogbanje before I went for deliverance.

Another strange evidence was the case of my elder sister who was only 12 when my mother sent her on an errand during the Nigerian civil war and she did not return until past midnight. My mother asked her how she crossed the river that everyone must cross by canoe or boat to get to our village, and she replied that when she got to the river at night and did not see any of the canoe men, she crossed the river. Our elders said it was impossible for anyone that cannot swim to cross the river and it was even more dreadful to swim across it in the night. They told my mother that she had been taken by the marine spirits and only returned to deliver the message my mother sent her to fetch. And she died some weeks later.

Mammy Water spirits have possessed many of our female children and some of them have confessed their relationships with marine spirits.

I know a friend that the beautiful and wealthy girlfriend confessed that she was from the marine kingdom. My friend fled from her.

Mammy Water spirits are common in the littoral states in Nigeria.

if you believe that lucifer and his angels were cast down to earth why would you not believe your father you came the water?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by seekingtruth(m): 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Orikinla: The Ogbanje in Igbo is the evidence of Mammy Water.

When the fallen angels were cast down from heaven with Lucifer, many of them were scattered in the air, rivers, seas, ponds, lakes, forest, valleys, mountains, etc. And they had sexual relationships with humans and gave birth to a corruption of both devils and humans such as mermaids and mermen.

My father communicated with them. And my mother saw a mermaid.
I have seen those possessed by Mammy Water spirits manifesting.
My father was one of them. And he took me along to midnight invocations at the seaside in Lagos.
My father always said we came from the water. But I rejected every lie of the devil.

A neighbour met a white blonde at the Bar Beach on the Victoria Island in Lagos as she was drawing strange figures and letters in the sand. He told her about me and she later came to visit me. We were very close and understood each other like twins. But I was suspicious of how she came to me, so I never even kissed her or slept with her until she left.

I have had other strange encounters.
Because, I was an Ogbanje before I went for deliverance.

Another strange evidence was the case of my elder sister who was only 12 when my mother sent her on an errand during the Nigerian civil war and she did not return until past midnight. My mother asked her how she crossed the river that everyone must cross by canoe or boat to get to our village, and she replied that when she got to the river at night and did not see any of the canoe men, she crossed the river. Our elders said it was impossible for anyone that cannot swim to cross the river and it was even more dreadful to swim across it in the night. They told my mother that she had been taken by the marine spirits and only returned to deliver the message my mother sent her to fetch. And she died some weeks later.

Mammy Water spirits have possessed many of our female children and some of them have confessed their relationships with marine spirits.

I know a friend that the beautiful and wealthy girlfriend confessed that she was from the marine kingdom. My friend fled from her.

Mammy Water spirits are common in the littoral states in Nigeria.

if you believe that lucifer and his angels were cast down to earth why would you not believe your father you came from the water?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by enilove(m): 11:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
whytee: why not visit the Bar Beach from 12midnight anyday. u can get more real facts from there

That is a wicked suggestion.
What is the guy's offence ?

If anything should happen to him,we are going to hold u responsible.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Pain(m): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mcbee: It beats my mind why anyone will doubt the existence of water/marine spirits. Apart from coming [me] from a coastal state back in Nigeria, I've also handled different cases of folk who were directly or indirectly possessed by these spirits.
I wouldn't wanna get into details here because this might not be the right forum to discuss such spiritual matters. I know of a young Benue State Unversity student  who came all the way from Makurdi to attend a conference in Port Harcourt. The said girl, according to her confession was initiated into the marine cult at a tender age by her mother who was then a highly placed member of the marine kingdom. There were days she will physically transcend out of the human nature to live inside of the river Benue for days without anyone knowing  her whereabout except her wicked mother. On such occasions, everytime she came out, havocs were bound to be released upon her earthly targets [enemies].
I wasn't told about this, I actually witnessed her deliverance. I know what happened that day, there's no need going into details here. It was scary and dangerous.

While also in Nigeria. I' ve seen a young beautiful Port Hacourt girl who was possessed with a serpentic spirit [also marine spirit]. Her deliverance was another sight I wouldn't like to behold. She was actually spitting out like a Python snake, while crawling on the floor like a live snake. Yes, thank God she's free now and acting as one of the top stars in Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood.

But, I would like us to know there's a difference between the Marine spirits [Demons] from the Water Mermaid [water creatures] , though all of them are control by a terrestrial spirit known as the Water principality .

Please comrades, this is a very sensitive topic. Just because you have never seen them doesn't  mean they don't exist, yes they do. It is by His [God] mercies we are not consume.  If the Lord open your eyes to see what goes on in the marine world, then you will agree with me that God's protection is the reason we live.

Please , if you need any further clarification on this issue, feel free to check out my profile and drop me a line. Then we can exchange phone numbers. It will be very easy for folks who reside in the US and Canada,  Those from Nigeria   and other part of the World  are welcome too. Blessings.

Thanks for this. I will never forget my encounter with a very lovely girl some years ago. I was initially scared but everything seemed normal afterwards. They exist but do not harm easily. My case was that I was protected against my will. Doors opened for me but I just knew it wasnt rite. Until I went for deliverance @ MFM and discovered they only leveraged on my God given aura. I could freeze water by holding on a glass cup for some minutes then. It was just out of the ordinary. Its unfortunate she died exactly the day she predicted. On her 21st b/day. WoW! That encounter has shaped my behaviou ever since. I dont easily trust people. I keep very few friends. Im indeed still very very reserved
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
wow a large number of xtians believe in water spirits! surprizing! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by tony1918(m): 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
@Op have never seen a mermaid...But I was searching through my dads wardrobe and saw this write up I bet it may help you...1st of September 1990. NIGERIAN VANGUARD...if u can get the story of the boy been captured in the deep ocean with scally bodies in there archive. it will help you
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orikinla(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2013
I believe in the existence of mermaids and mermen, because those who have actually seen them included my beloved mother Gladys Eke of blessed memory and she never lied to me. Again her first child and daughter Chioma had an uncanny love for water and during fishing festivals she was using her bare hands to bring out fish from holes by the banks of the river and nobody taught her how to swim and one midnight she swam across a river when she did not find canoes to take her across, because it was too late. It was unheard of for a 12 year old to swim across a dreaded river in Eastern Nigeria. The elders called her "Ogbanje" of the marine spirits and she died months afterwards. My father always said we were from the water, but as a Christian I rejected his claims even though I also have a passion for ponds, streams, lakes, rivers and seas and I love sea foods. Moreover I could draw strange beings from the seas and stars without any previous knowledge. My father was a meta-physician and my mother understood him very well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
I personally think we are confusin the european version of mermaids (half-human/half-fish), with Mammywater, which are water Spirits.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by DonId(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
redsun: We  africans could be very unrealistic in our beliefs sometimes,god this,spirit that,all this beliefs are as a result of our inability to our understand our enviroment and nature in general practically and if we don't understand our enviroment,we can't control it,  that is why we find it difficult to make head way as a people.We have to understand the meaning of life,what makes us breath,what makes us stand firm on the ground,then we will be able to work things out and know our purposes as humans.Myths is diffrent from reality,so far the only creatures in the sea that come close to looking like hollywood depictions of mermaid are whale species.We should introduce marine and oceanographic faculties in our universities so that we can study and explore the oceans of the world,instead of speculating.LIFE IS REAL.
[color=#006600]

So what happens to the Greek that have all the gods in the world? does it also mean they are stupid? please Nigerians are what they are for alot of other reason than the God or gods we serve

1 Like

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by TableLeg(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Bloody crap... There is nothing like mammy water!
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Agrika: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2013
Hahaha, im just laffing
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by diva90: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
It exists, my aunts housegirl was one. Infact it is so popular in these riverine areas such as uyo, u won't believe it's almost a norm. U see girls who have these strange powers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Russia To Buy Nigeria's Military Technology For $500bn / MMM Is Demonic Says Apostle Suleiman, Participants React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.