Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

X-box One Vs Wii U - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / X-box One Vs Wii U (2517 Views)

Xbox One Vs Ps4 / X Box One S , 2 Pads, Fifa 17, 140k / Nintendo Wii For Sale or Trade with PSP or PS Vita (add some cash) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

X-box One Vs Wii U by Ilekeh(f): 3:19am On Sep 06, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between X-box One and Wii U for fitness games. I already have a PS4.

I love nintendo games, but then I heard that X-box Kinect for fitness is awesome. I'm divided.

@cao (are you still the mod?) Please be a dear and put this on homepage.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by cao(f): 3:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Ilekeh:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between X-box One and Wii U for fitness games. I already have a PS4.

I love nintendo games, but then I heard that X-box Kinect for fitness is awesome. I'm divided.

I can't put anything on FP, I can only suggest it dearie.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by Ilekeh(f): 3:56am On Sep 06, 2015
cao:

I can't put anything on FP, I can only suggest it dearie.

Cool.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by Gyarados(m): 4:35am On Sep 06, 2015
I think nes or famicom console better than xbox n wii cheesy
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by vani86: 6:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Get the xbox. The kinect is awesome, i have it
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by hakinze00(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2015
nintendo games is for kids while xbox one,pc and ps4 is for real gamers
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by HyDef(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2015
hakinze00:
nintendo games is for kids while xbox one,pc and ps4 is for real gamers

Well, no. Generally, Nintendo aims more for family friendly, that's why the Wii sold the most of its generation (they messed up with the U, hence why they didn't follow up), but by no way is it for 'kids'. People have been so caught up by '1080p, 60fps', that gameplay comes second.

It's obvious that the Wii U is far far behind in terms of hardware, but when it's properly utilized you can get some gorgeous games. Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Kart 8 come to mind.

I'd say the Wii U is better for fitness because the Wii was best for fitness. It's backwards compatible and you get access to that catalogue. Kinect is good stuff, but it's implementation is not that heavy.

But that's just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by DammyOlu123(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2015
HyDef:

Well, no. Generally, Nintendo aims more for family friendly, that's why the Wii sold the most of its generation (they messed up with the U, hence why they didn't follow up), but by no way is it for 'kids'. People have been so caught up by '1080p, 60fps', that gameplay comes second.

It's obvious that the Wii U is far far behind in terms of hardware, but when it's properly utilized you can get some gorgeous games. Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Kart 8 come to mind.

I'd say the Wii U is better for fitness because the Wii was best for fitness. It's backwards compatible and you get access to that catalogue. Kinect is good stuff, but it's implementation is not that heavy.

Excuses...
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by hakinze00(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
HyDef:

Well u right to an extent but why i could say much abt d wii u is because i ve played almost ol d major games on it lyk bayonetta2,mario kart 8,super smash bros,legend of zelda,zombiU nd xo on dey re gud but not competiting wit oda consoles exclusives,even handling d wii u gamepad is stressful enough
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by abatically(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Since u already have a ps4, just get the Nintendo Wii. I see no point having a ps4 and an Xbox one.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by HyDef(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
hakinze00:

Well u right to an extent but why i could say much abt d wii u is because i ve played almost ol d major games on it lyk bayonetta2,mario kart 8,super smash bros,legend of zelda,zombiU nd xo on dey re gud but not competiting wit oda consoles exclusives,even handling d wii u gamepad is stressful enough

Yeah... That gamepad is... Something else. It probably sounded good in their heads but came out terribly. It's basically a tablet.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by cao(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Now, I can't really say anything about the Wii-U, since I've never used it or even seen it live. But, I can definitely talk about the Xbox One and its use as a fitness tool. Sweet baby Jebus, if you ever get a game that says very active on the back of it, prepare to die. That ish is no joke. The Kinect might have issues finding your feet and the top of your head sometimes (I don't know whether the thing doesn't like the colour black or it just doesn't like my hair or my shoes), but it's rather good at finding the rest of you and responding accurately to prompts. Whatever you do decide to get for your fitness needs, make sure you have ample space or else you've wasted your money.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by vani86: 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
cao:
Now, I can't really say anything about the Wii-U, since I've never used it or even seen it live. But, I can definitely talk about the Xbox One and its use as a fitness tool. Sweet baby Jebus, if you ever get a game that says very active on the back of it, prepare to die. That ish is no joke. The Kinect might have issues finding your feet and the top of your head sometimes (I don't know whether the thing doesn't like the colour black or it just doesn't like my hair or my shoes), but it's rather good at finding the rest of you and responding accurately to prompts. Whatever you do decide to get for your fitness needs, make sure you have ample space or else you've wasted your money.

Lol, the issue about the kinect finding your head and feet is d distance it is from your body. Place it further off it will definitely get your whole body
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by cao(f): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
vani86:

Lol, the issue about the kinect finding your head and feet is d distance it is from your body. Place it further off it will definitely get your whole body
The only dealings I've for this is at work, I was in a rather big room and we used to have a specific area for Kinect games, unless they want us to start using a runway...There were times I'd move my leg just to get the point across to my colleagues, it would see my leg, but not my foot, it would still pick up the "gold" buckle of my shoes & the freaking zipper. As for the head one, I'd just put on my blue-green hoodie and ta da it would appear that I now have a full head, if my hair covers a bit of my face, then I lose a bit of my face. Of course, a hoodie is not conducive when you're going to spend the better part of 8 hours shaking like an epileptic monkey...
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by mikolo80: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
hakinze00:

then buy pad na
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by hakinze00(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
mikolo80:
then buy pad na
imagine i shud get a new console and also buy a pad seperately,if they thought pad was a good idea while didnt they include it in d box instead of d gamepad which they could ve said get d gamepad to enjoy d game beta wich i beliv microsoft and sony would have done
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by mikolo80: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
hakinze00:
imagine i shud get a new console and also buy a pad seperately,if they thought pad was a good idea while didnt they include it in d box instead of d gamepad which they could ve said get d gamepad to enjoy d game beta wich i beliv microsoft and sony would have done
did you not see the pad/tablet before you bought it. I Oya don't buy pad nigbana.
Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by Ilekeh(f): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
abatically:
Since u already have a ps4, just get the Nintendo Wii. I see no point having a ps4 and an Xbox one.

True.

I should have come back with some updates, but I got a Wii U like 3 weeks ago. Been so busy tho, I rarely touch it.

@All

Thanks for the comments y'all.

Did someone say Nintendo games are for kids? I broke up with someone that said/thinks video games are for kids. Don't ever say that nonsense again.

1 Like

Re: X-box One Vs Wii U by captainking(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ilekeh:
Hey guys,

Pls if you want to sell your ps4..i would love to buy it

(1) (Reply)

Playstation 4 Price Cut! New Prices as From October 1st. / Brain Teaser: First To Answer This Has The Highest IQ In Nigeria / Which Games Can I Play On This Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.