Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? (209754 Views)

Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) / What Do You Do To A Father Who Batters And HumiliatesYour Mum In Front Of You? / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by chichriso: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
Now let reason like a reasonable people in this thread.
Remember the roles each of them are playing in your family.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by madridguy(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Different people may have different opinions about it, but for me, it is undoubtedly the mother. But surely, everyone knows it has to be a united effort of both the parents to raise a family, but still there, the mother contributes more than the father. This bonding with the child is mostly due to the mother carrying the child in her womb for a good 9+ months, which attaches both of them emotionally.

A mother has an undetectable bond with her child, unlike many fathers. She always does her best, to make her family happy. Mothers always sacrifice a lot, for the happiness of her husband and children. She can have a job, and still take care of everything else, from cooking, looking after the children, maintaining the house. Fathers usually go to jobs, and return home for dinner, and that's usually the case in almost every family. Yes, fathers do care about their children, but cannot do many things, like the mother can to her child. When a child is emotionally hurt, or confused, it is the mother he goes to for answers, and to feel good about them. The mother also has a deep emotional attachment with her children, unlike the fathers. A child does need both the parents to grow up, at different stages of his life, but even in an unfortunate case of having a single parent; he/she would always prefer their mother over father.

So I come to a conclusion, that mothers are most definitely the more important figure in the raising of a family.

God bless the real Mothers.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 7:02am On Sep 06, 2015
both are equally important and none is more important.
Reason: In the first place, most parents complement each other.they blend to make a home.they make a team and the qualities lacking in a man is often found in his wife vice versa.
Now in bringing up a child this same team that is needed to keep the home going is useful. In most cases a parent may be permissive while the other is strict.if you leave a child in the custody of only the very permissive parent, the child will tend to be very pampered spoilt. On the other hand if you leave that same child in the custody of only the strict parent, the child may end up being timid. But both parents will most definately team up to produce a confident and disciplined child..it's a team work thing.
Growing up, most of us preferred the permissive parent but right now , we look back and appriciate the one that beat us with 'turn garri' abi na lie i talk.
These days sef, their roles are intertwined.

3 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by chichriso: 7:06am On Sep 06, 2015
Chidoks:
both
You can't say both because one must be more valuable than the other
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Hazardd(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2015
its complicated because each compliment each other.. Lets say father is the car and mother is the fuel...without both coming together the car can't move
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Teryfik(m): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2015
If any of them can make babies without the other then it's more important!!!

4 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 7:26am On Sep 06, 2015
chichriso:

You can't say both because one must be more valuable than the other

In my opinion, none is more valuable.both are equally valuable.look up to see my reason.
These days; there is no clear cut role for parents in most families. initially it was father makes money, mother stays at home to give home training but now couples work and join and combine to take care of their homes.men now bathe and dress their children for school while the mother is makes and packs lunch for everyone to ensure they all leave the house by 7:30am
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 7:43am On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
Different people may have different opinions about it, but for me, it is undoubtedly the mother. But surely, everyone knows it has to be a united effort of both the parents to raise a family, but still there, the mother contributes more than the father. This bonding with the child is mostly due to the mother carrying the child in her womb for a good 9+ months, which attaches both of them emotionally.

A mother has an undetectable bond with her child, unlike many fathers. She always does her best, to make her family happy. Mothers always sacrifice a lot, for the happiness of her husband and children. She can have a job, and still take care of everything else, from cooking, looking after the children, maintaining the house. Fathers usually go to jobs, and return home for dinner, and that's usually the case in almost every family. Yes, fathers do care about their children, but cannot do many things, like the mother can to her child. When a child is emotionally hurt, or confused, it is the mother he goes to for answers, and to feel good about them. The mother also has a deep emotional attachment with her children, unlike the fathers. A child does need both the parents to grow up, at different stages of his life, but even in an unfortunate case of having a single parent; he/she would always prefer their mother over father.

So I come to a conclusion, that mothers are most definitely the more important figure in the raising of a family.

God bless the real Mothers.

You are right about the mother thing.mothers often make huge sacrifices to keep hone going.these days they contribute mre than fathers however there is this confidence and security that the prescence of a father gives in a home.When you have a father, you feel secured, both mother and children have a pillar, a haven, someone to
lean on.the defender, theirprotection and security,the decision maker.a chest to lean and rest on when the challenges of life come plaguing...
Both parents are extremely important and necessary in breeding good, balanced and confident children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by madridguy(m): 7:45am On Sep 06, 2015
Wonderful

Chidoks:

You are right about the mother thing.mothers often make huge sacrifices to keep hone going.these days they contribute mre than fathers however there is this confidence and security that the prescence of a father gives in a home.When you have a father, you feel secured, both mother and children have a pillar, a haven, someone to
lean on.the defender, theirprotection and security,the decision maker.a chest to lean and rest on when the challenges of life come plaguing...
Both parents are extremely important and necessary in breeding good, balanced and confident children.

stakestakestake

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 7:48am On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
Wonderful
No church today or are you a muslim?
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by madridguy(m): 7:53am On Sep 06, 2015
I am a Muslim.

Chidoks:

No church today or are you a muslim?
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
I am a Muslim.

Okay me i'm a christian o and i'm here doing amebo.let me go and prepare for church.cheers.nice day!
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by madridguy(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Do have a wonderful day and remember to pray for me.

Chidoks:

Okay me i'm a christian o and i'm here doing amebo.let me go and prepare for church.cheers.nice day!
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Yustash001(m): 9:58am On Sep 06, 2015
Both...because without one of them...there can't be the children...
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Captainswag225(m): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2015
mother allday everyday, no doubt abt it!!! Without a mother's love, care, direction, a child's future is very blur!
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2015
Both are very important for sanity and well being of the child.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
Chidoks:
both are equally important and none is more important.
Reason: In the first place, most parents complement each other.they blend to make a home.they make a team and the qualities lacking in a man is often found in his wife vice versa.
Now in bringing up a child this same team that is needed to keep the home going is useful. In most cases a parent may be permissive while the other is strict.if you leave a child in the custody of only the very permissive parent, the child will tend to be very pampered spoilt. On the other hand if you leave that same child in the custody of only the strict parent, the child may end up being timid. But both parents will most definately team up to produce a confident and disciplined child..it's a team work thing.
Growing up, most of us preferred the permissive parent but right now , we look back and appriciate the one that beat us with 'turn garri' abi na lie i talk.
These days sef, their roles are intertwined.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Chidoks(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
Do have a wonderful day and remember to pray for me.

Had a peep before going for service and prayed for you.This week shall be the best you've ever had.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by madridguy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Amin and you too.

Chidoks:

Had a peep before going for service and prayed for you.This week shall be the best you've ever had.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by 5minsmadness: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
A family unit is not complete until you have these three components.

A man
His wife
Children.

Taking this into consideration, the person with the most influence is the wife. The wife is the one who influences the behaviour of both the husband and the children. Her behaviour will determine the man's role as the man of the house whether she will be submissive enough to give him leeway to be the head of the home or whether she will attack and second guess him at every turn leaving him full of doubt, worries and resentment. For deep down no man truly wants to be led by a woman.

The woman also has a great influence on her kids. She is the one who will be most close to them and essentially raise them up when daddy is out at work. Of course daddy will chip in once in a while but the main upbringing and behavior of the children will depend on thier mother. The mother it is who can easily turn the children against the father. The mother it is who will hear of every little knee scrape, be there during bedridden malaria, will find out who bullies the kids at school and what thier favourite toys are.
The mother is the main sculptor of the kids during thier childhood years and she can be be blessing or the undoing of those kids.

So the mother is the one with the most influence.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by juman(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Of course mother.

Pregnancy and taking care of the child.

My religion enjoins mother's love should be uppermost.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by cococandy(f): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Una get time o. How's this up for debate?
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by teddybear007(f): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
This topic reminds me of those good old days in primary skul. Well bck to d Op, d importance of both parents can never be undermined and in as much as i love my popsy more, mothers seems to ve a very more important role to play in a family. Without bending d truth, d role of d mother out weighs dat of d father whether single or jointly, that is why u see a woman who has lost his husband single handedly taking of care of d children all by herself but wen a man loses his wife, jst give d man highest 2yrs, and he is heading the altar with another woman. So i still support d opinon which says that “Mothers are more important than Fathers” grin grin grin grin grin. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by revolt(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2018
Chidoks:

ppl like us tht our fathers made huge sacrifices n all we hve today was his sweat.....pls SPK for ur sef n FAM.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by nnamdibig(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
The head is the most important.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by bukatyne(f): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
The mother.

There is a saying in the old western world.

When the father died, it was a tragedy; when the mother died, it was a disaster.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
Which is more important between a debit card and an ATM? undecided

You can use a debit card on a POS if the ATM is unable to dispense cash or currently in service. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by Jesslove(f): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2020
My opinion on the point is that both parents are equally important to the family. In a family,parents are important because they both bring different things to the family and both have their different roles to play.

I will admit that a mother is a very important part of the family because she always puts the family before her and she never gives up. She has a very strong bond with the children and the family members, she takes care of the home and the children, she is also a decision maker and all. But the father's efforts should never be overlooked because he gives the mother great assistance with various things.

They cooperate together to take care of the family so one can not be compared to the other.I love both my mum and my dad equally and i cannot put one first before the other.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by SamySamy123: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2021
This is a debate that doesn't have a definite conclusion. Nonetheless, I highly recommend everyone here to check out the article below. It really compared the functions of a father and a mother side by side.

Check it out here:
https://bscholarly.com/father-or-mother-who-is-more-important/
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by realtalk19: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
chichriso:
Now let reason like a reasonable people in this thread.

Remember the roles each of them are playing in your family.

Both parent are very important in a child's life and both have their individual roles to play.

These days women survive well with the kids than men especially when there is enough funds to cater for the needs of the child(ren).

I still believe so much in the nuclear family of the father, mother and child (ren)rooted in love,care , maturity understanding and good role models to their kids.
Re: DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? by plot697: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Who has influenced your life the most? You find the answer there

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. / Why Male Education Is Better Than Female Education In The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.