Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Concept Of Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Destiny (3635 Views)

4 Simple Ways To Identify Your Helpers Of Destiny / I Still Don't Understand The Concept Of Christianity. / "Child Of Destiny", What's The Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of Destiny by Olril18(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2015
Good day to everyone here...
I have always wonder whether the concept of destiny is real at all,I mean is it really true that there is a God somewhere who has decided for us all what we will become and and how we will live our life before we are born.
isnt destiny supposed to be a result of series of actions people have taken 2wards themselves? or people actions accidental or not towards others?

then The question of conscience comes to the face,if our whole lives has been programmed by one higher being, why then do we have our conscience to guild us in terms of our actions and their consequences.

does destiny means an armed robber has been fated to become such even before he was born? the same goes for an hired killer..
if God has programmed our lives,then why should there be hellfire for bad people since they can argue it is God that destined them to live that way..

please I'm not denying the existence of God but the question has to the existence of destiny has always been of curiousity to me.

is it that People are not addressing the matter because they are scared of questioning Religion?
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by encryptjay(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by lekezino(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Norenal(f): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Its all human's way of wanting 2 free demselves 4rm deir own sins n its effect dat makes dem blv dat d ALMIGHTY Predestined deir lifes

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2015
Have always noticed that people who believe in destinies, that everything has been predestined and nobody can do anything to change that always look before they cross the road.

Why not just cross since nothing will happen to you if you were not destined for that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by benELOHIM7(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2015
I strongly believe in destiny. The case of jacob and esau where God told rebecca dat she would give birth to twins and the elder shall serve the younger simply puts that there is such concept as destiny and somehow God is behind it.

This na big issue you bring up so o embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Koboseadotorg(m): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2015
There are somethings that are above human understanding.
BE CAREFUL
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2015
Norenal:
Its all human's way of wanting 2 free demselves 4rm deir own sins n its effect dat makes dem blv dat d ALMIGHTY Predestined deir lifes

Exactly! Religion is man-made grin

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Brown47: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2015
benELOHIM7:
I strongly believe in destiny. The case of jacob and esau where God told rebecca dat she would give birth to twins and the elder shall serve the younger simply puts that there is such concept as destiny and somehow God is behind it.

This na big issue you bring up so o embarassed
you strongly believe in destiny? and you will still be the person to blame your so called devil when things go wrong. Is'nt that too suppose to be destined from your god?
If you believe in such i see no reason why you should suffer yourself to follow gods will to get heaven. Coz your end has been programmed and destined

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by benELOHIM7(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gods destiny for everyone including you, is good and to bring us to an expected end. Its expected that some forces might not want this to happen, this is where the devil comes in
Brown47:

you strongly believe in destiny? and you will still be the person to blame your so called devil when things go wrong. Is'nt that too suppose to be destined from your god?
If you believe in such i see no reason why you should suffer yourself to follow gods will to get heaven. Coz your end has been programmed and destined
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Brown47: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
benELOHIM7:
Gods destiny for everyone including you, is good and to bring us to an expected end. Its expected that some forces might not want this to happen, this is where the devil comes in
so if you end up in the expected end its god destiny. And when you end up in the other end its devil work. Can the the devil change gods destiny in you?
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by benELOHIM7(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
The devil can project propaganda that can make us fret. The devil has no direct effect on God's children, its his propaganda that shakes us
Brown47:

so if you end up in the expected end its god destiny. And when you end up in the other end its devil work. Can the the devil change gods destiny in you?
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Norenal(f): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by AdeniyiA(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnydon22:
Have always noticed that people who believe in destinies, that everything has been predestined and nobody can do anything to change that always look before they cross the road.

Why not just cross since nothing will happen to you if you were not destined for that
lol.. they've been destined to look sideways failure of which they'd be knocked down.

We can therefore say that destiny is a matter choice and its consequence(s)
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnydon22:

destiny has to do with destination, where you are destined to be, as a point in life, destiny is more of a spiritual theme than physical, the physical only just resonant to the vibe of the spirit, so what a man does of physical consequence or exercise is of his own, what God has designed would surely manifest.

If he were to cross the road with his eyes close, am sure he will be made blind or something warrants closing his to cross the road at that point, would come. But since he look left, look right before crossing means his destined to have his eyes and USE'EM at that point in time.

If Jacobs life was not threatened by Esau, jacob would not have ran, if he had not ran how was he supposed to fulfill the blessings of his father and the promise of God?.
Isacc pronouncement on jacob, extends beyond where jacob was at that moment , his inheritance and his capacity, there was no way jacob could stay in his father's house and exercise that pronouncement.
"its just not possible"
Even you as human, you plan for ur future n those of your kids, at some point you schemed there daily activities. Why do you think God is any different.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by tartar9(m): 12:21am On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

"But you cannot will, unless Allah wills.Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-
Wise." (Qur'an 76:30)
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2015
tartar9:
"But you cannot will, unless Allah wills.Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-
Wise." (Qur'an 76:30)
Ok so Allah already knows the people he will send to hell before creating them right?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by PastorAIO: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2015
The boy that gets straight As in class and is a prodigy in physics and maths, is it possible to predict that he will one day make a scientific discovery that will lead to a nobel prize?

In making that prediction if it turns out to be accurate would that mean that I knew the kid's destiny or would that mean that I took an informed guess based on his academic abilities?

Where does determinism fit into the idea of destiny?
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by tartar9(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok so Allah already knows the people he will send to hell before creating them right?
yes,why shouldn't He know
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2015
Olril18:
I have always wonder whether the concept of destiny is real at all,I mean is it really true that there is a God somewhere who has decided for us all what we will become and and how we will live our life before we are born.
isnt destiny supposed to be a result of series of actions people have taken 2wards themselves? or people actions accidental or not towards others?

then The question of conscience comes to the face,if our whole lives has been programmed by one higher being, why then do we have our conscience to guild us in terms of our actions and their consequences.

does destiny means an armed robber has been fated to become such even before he was born? the same goes for an hired killer..
if God has programmed our lives,then why should there be hellfire for bad people since they can argue it is God that destined them to live that way..

please I'm not denying the existence of God but the question has to the existence of destiny has always been of curiousity to me.

is it that People are not addressing the matter because they are scared of questioning Religion?

Question should be: Are we the Gods who have chosen a particular way to experience different live experiences? If you put a singular God in the equation,you might need to underline the destiny of this God.

When you look at the word "Destiny" it means means DESTINATION! We probably have all made sub conscious agreement to go on a particular path and thereby guiding ourselves with fates. The human mind is a big machine that is capable of holding hidden files we may have not been able to retrieve. Regardless of religion,belief or sentiments we are all fulfilling our destinies subconsciously.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2015
tartar9:
yes,why shouldn't He know
Wow that's nice. . .Meaning that Allah just created them so as to throw them in hell, he has willed them to hell even before creating them and there is nothing they can do to escape that fate because what ever allah predestines is surely gonna happen.....

So Allah just brings people who didn't ask to be created into existence just to throw them in hell

this shows allah off to be psychotic, barbaric, sadistic and retarded freak you know
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by tartar9(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Wow that's nice. . .Meaning that Allah just created them so as to throw them in hell, he has willed them to hell even before creating them and there is nothing they can do to escape that fate because what ever Allaha predestines is surely gonna happen.....

So Allah just brings people who didn't ask to be created into existence just to throw them in hell

I can
this shows Allah off to be psychotic, barbaric, sadistic and retarded freak you know
Allah(SAW) is omniscient He knew every single thing that will ever happen even before creation.you have your own free will but can't will to follow the straight path unless Allah so wills.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2015
tartar9:
Allah(SAW) is omniscient He knew every single thing that will ever happen even before creation.you have your own free will but can't will to follow the straight path unless Allah so wills.
Sometimes i wonder if you people even read what you write..

Someone has freewill but yet will only act according to Allah's will. do you even know what freewill is?

If your actions must conform to Allah's will then there is no freewill, Allah has already willed billions to burn in a literal fire forever, Imagine the type of barbarism you lot harbour in your mind and are ok with it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Concept Of Destiny by menesheh(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Someone has freewill but yet will only act according to Allah's will. do you even know what freewill is?

If your actions must conform to Allah's will then there is no freewill, Allah has already willed billions to burn in a literal fire forever, Imagine the type of barbarism you lot harbour in your mind and are ok with it

Good point.

Freewill The ability to choose one's actions, or determine what reasons are acceptable motivation for actions, without predestination, fate etc.

The law is a controlling mechanism cloned to be freewill. What an irony.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by PastorAIO: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:

Question should be: Are we the Gods who have chosen a particular way to experience different live experiences? If you put a singular God in the equation,you might need to underline the destiny of this God.

When you look at the word "Destiny" it means means DESTINATION! [b] We probably have all made sub conscious agreement to go on a particular path and thereby guiding ourselves with fates. [/b]The human might is a big machine that is capable of holding hidden files we may have not been able to retrieve. Regardless of religion,belief or sentiments we are all fulfilling our destinies subconsciously.

This is what ATRs teach. The destiny/agreement in yoruba is called Ayanmo. Furthermore it works beneath our conscious wills. So our destiny is buried in our unconscious and we head there inexorably without even being aware.

Does God have a destiny? Is he bound by his destiny or is he free to choose his destiny?
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
PastorAIO:

This is what ATRs teach. The destiny/agreement in yoruba is called Ayanmo. Furthermore it works beneath our conscious wills. So our destiny is buried in our unconscious and we head there inexorably without even being aware.

Does God have a destiny? Is he bound by his destiny or is he free to choose his destiny?
the infinite exist outside of the finite, the finite can not be used in comparison to the infinite #hermetic teaching.

What that means is that the laws that applies to man, can not be applied to God, man is bonded by time and form, God is not. God has no destiny, no destination, no beginning no ending, as well his the beginning and the ending. He exist. That's all he just exist.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

let me explain, no matter what man does he can escape God/nature.

This is how destiny and free will are related.
God ordained that man must "thats destiny", but at the same time he created a wide variety of things to eat, for man to pick "thats freewill".

On ur way to work, its been destined you'd get to work "destination", you can walk, jump, crawl, board a bus, follow long cut as well as short, you can decide to branch and cajole, but broz your destination is still there, you go reach am.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by PastorAIO: 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
chalantmike:
you can walk, jump, crawl, board a bus, follow long cut as well as short, you can decide to branch and cajole, but broz your destination is still there, you go reach am.

Amen
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
chalantmike:
let me explain, no matter what man does he can escape God/nature.

This is how destiny and free will are related.
God ordained that man must "thats destiny", but at the same time he created a wide variety of things to eat, for man to pick "thats freewill".

On ur way to work, its been destined you'd get to work "destination", you can walk, jump, crawl, board a bus, follow long cut as well as short, you can decide to branch and cajole, but broz your destination is still there, you go reach am.
[b]Am not sure you lot even have the slightest idea what freewill is.

There is no option or end point in freewill, there is no destination in freewill what ever you decide is what it is..

If a destiny has been determined for you and you can do nothing to escape it then there is no freewill not even in the least sense because everything you do must conform to that destiny.

If everything has been planned or foreknown by an omniscient being who can never be wrong then there is no freewill because everything must go according to the plan or foreknowledge.

If there is freewill, freedom to choose your own path and your own goal and your own destination then there is nothing like predetermined destiny.

Your destiny is yours and yours alone to determine and your destiny is what ever you say it is.

Now you lot are here ringing about a God who has destined billions to burn in a literal fire, he destined them to be from other religion and so as to burn them in hell forever and this he did long before they were created, creating people who didnt ask to be created just to roast them in hell forever because he has predestined them for hell... It can never get sicker and more stupendous than this.

Proudly harbouring such vile, evil and barbaric concept in the guise of a God and expect any rational human not to refute such ludicrous ideas. .
[/b]
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Am not sure you lot even have the slightest idea what freewill is.

There is no option or end point in freewill, there is no destination in freewill what ever you decide is what it is..

If a destiny has been determined for you and you can do nothing to escape it then there is no freewill not even in the least sense because everything you do must conform to that destiny.

If everything has been planned or foreknown by an omniscient being who can never be wrong then there is no freewill because everything must go according to the plan or foreknowledge.

If there is freewill, freedom to choose your own path and your own goal and your own destination then there is nothing like predetermined destiny.

Your destiny is yours and yours alone to determine and your destiny is what ever you say it is.

Now you lot are here ringing about a God who has destined billions to burn in a literal fire, he destined them to be from other religion and so as to burn them in hell forever and this he did long before they were created, creating people who didnt ask to be created just to roast them in hell forever because he has predestined them for hell... It can never get sicker and more stupendous than this.

Proudly harbouring such vile, evil and barbaric concept in the guise of a God and expect any rational human not to refute such ludicrous ideas. .
[/b]
what have you said, i read the first two paragraphs i just stopped reading. I know a wasted effort when i see on,

Your askes you to get dressed thats a goal, if a time frame is given fine, but the goal is the destiny the objective at that point in time.
What you chose to wear is freewill, your choice, how you chose to wear it, is also free will. End game is get dressed.
SIMPLY ANALOGS LIKE THIS GO A LONG WAY IN EXPLANNING COMPLEX FORMULA. if you don't get the simple, how do you get the complex one.
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by PraiseDLord: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Olril18:

Bro, DECISION determine DESTINY!
Period!!
Re: The Concept Of Destiny by johnydon22(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
chalantmike:
what have you said, i read the first two paragraphs i just stopped reading. I know a wasted effort when i see on,

Your askes you to get dressed thats a goal, if a time frame is given fine, but the goal is the destiny the objective at that point in time.
What you chose to wear is freewill, your choice, how you chose to wear it, is also free will. End game is get dressed.
SIMPLY ANALOGS LIKE THIS GO A LONG WAY IN EXPLANNING COMPLEX FORMULA. if you don't get the simple, how do you get the complex one.
Freewill is deciding if to get dressed or not to.... One can decide to get wear a cloth or decide not to wear a cloth, that is freewill, freedom of will....Now you are talking about freewill when you have presupposed an end point that must be reached, have never seen someone naively murder his own analogy any more than this.

But in your naive analogy you have predetermined that the person must wear a cloth without putting into mind if he decides to stay naked, why take out that option? Taking out that option is same as killing the concept of freewill..

I repeat again, there is no predetermined end point on freewill, it only means doing what you want, once an end point that must be reached is added to it then where is the freewill.

If everything has been predetermined and one can do nothing to change it then it is not freewill, if there is freewill then nothing is predetermined but rather everything happens in relation to the choice of what the subject choose..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prisoners / General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods / Star, Glory And Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.