Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. (4239 Views)

Members And Moderators Needed On This Forum / Check Out The Latest Nigerian Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2015
I have seen a lot of Nigerian forum and I was not impressed so I created mine http://naijawords.com
Permit me to say it is the best designed Nigerian forum optimized for mobile, yes nairaland.com is big but the design is pretty basic.
I am not bragging or anything but I think I deserve a little bit more followers and sign ups since I designed the mobile theme myself I have also designed some forums for people, one of which is http://jobsbulk.com if you want a forum like it, sign up on http://naijawords.com and PM me, (Frederick)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by fattbabakay(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
I disagree with u o
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by MRpii(m): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Can you create one for me and i will give you 100 members
Fredzy7:
I have seen a lot of Nigerian forum and I was not impressed so I created mine (Signature),
Permit me to say it is the best designed Nigerian forum optimized for mobile, yes nairaland.com is big but the design is pretty basic.
I am not bragging or anything but I think I deserve a little bit more followers and sign ups since I designed the mobile theme myself I have also designed some forums for people, one of which is http://jobsbulk.com if you want a forum like it, sign up on http://naijawords.com and PM me, (Frederick)
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
fattbabakay:
I disagree with u o

Do you know any site post it here and post the reason
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
MRpii:
Can you create one for me and i will give you 100 members

Sign up and refer 100 members with at least one valid post each and you will get a free subdomain of your own if you decide to spend some money on your own domain name and hosting I will do the setup for free.

P.s you must use the referral program
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by MRpii(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
How am i sure you are going to create me the forum after delivering for you?
Fredzy7:

Sign up and refer 100 members with at least one valid post each and you will get a free subdomain of your own if you decide to spend some money on your own domain name and hosting I will do the setup for free.

P.s you must use the referral program
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Well it will be my pleasure to create a forum for someone with links back to me, it is good for positive popularity so if I can create forums for a lot of people I would have a lot of positive remarks, that is all I can say, and I give you my word.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Looks so local and unpleasant
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2015
HenryDion:
Looks so local and unpleasant
ouch that hurts, though i would like to know what i should do to improve it to a more, pleasant forum, nairaland is a local site too, so i dont mind it being local wink
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Fredzy7:

ouch that hurts, though i would like to know what i should do to improve it to a more, pleasant forum, nairaland is a local site too, so i dont mind it being local wink

If u must grow and get an honest reply, u sud try and criticize other forums constructively in positive way. Nairaland looks professional, simple and neat. It has all the features that makes a great forum. As for urs, is totally naked. I was expecting to see something better but i was disappointed. Nairaland is more cool than urs 1million times.
Garcia chon chin!
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by directonpc(m): 12:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Fredzy7:
Do you know any site post it here and post the reason
You can try this forum
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by directonpc(m): 12:38am On Sep 08, 2015
I must admit your forum is fine. MyBB is really a cool free forum software. Love their mobile friendliness
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by chichriso: 4:55am On Sep 08, 2015
good .

. .
* ChiCHRiso Sa::::CLICK MY SIGNATURES

Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 9:59am On Sep 08, 2015
directonpc:
I must admit your forum is fine. MyBB is really a cool free forum software. Love their mobile friendliness

mybb is the best free forum software, quote by some guy "Lets admit, phpbb is a joke, smf (nairaland's platform) is a joke but atleast thats a little funny, things like xmb or punbb just don't cut it and vb is like the douchbag of them all. Mybb wins grin"

mind you i mean no disrespect to nairaland, i just think the design is basic nothing more
and we all know what makes nairaland great is not the design or site content but the people and their posts, this thread is about about sites design and content
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by dwebdesign(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2015
design is below average. improve on those two, your UI is not okay too.

Get a web developer to develop custom themes for you.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 11:39am On Sep 08, 2015
dwebdesign:
design is below average. improve on those two, your UI is not okay too.

Get a web developer to develop custom themes for you.

i think you are viewing the site from a desktop, there is one thing am having problem with and that is hiding the mobile design from desktop users
because the mobile doesnt look too good on desktop
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
okay your name is webdesign if i hire you what would my site look like give examples
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by onyengbu: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Why do you keep repeating that nairaland is an smf website? Are you looking to get corrected or just naive?
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by AllenSays: 2:00am On Sep 09, 2015
I've visited your forum and found that it needs some changes for better user experience.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Redesign your forum header banner, as it's not suitable for the Jobs category forum. It should be like people standing with job letters and obviously a smile on their faces.
2. Social icons that are with "login > register" should be at the right side of top navigation bar.
3. Must set a little bit description for each sub forum. That should appear under the title of it such as you used in Market Place forum.
4. Remove the support email that you've used openly at the bottom of the page and set a Support/Contact Us page for it. Because no anyone want to receive junk emails because everyone knows about email harvesters/ scrapers.

I hope that helps.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
HenryDion:

Don't get me wrong bro. Originality is key when trying to create a brand, but belittling other forums more successful than yours isn't a good way to set out. Is not easy to design. I don't even know how to. Although am planning to start a blog soon. Maybe u will help me design it. Am not looking down on you bro. But plz, criticize constructively. That's where am coming from. Humility is when u see others more better than you even when u are better. It makes u look more humble and people will always like to help whenever u are stuck. More power to your elbow.

Thanks, although i think i was misunderstood, i definitely acknowledge that nairaland is a site that is a lot bigger and better than mine, i was proud of my site's features and that got to my head a little, i know how hard it is to design and develop a site, mostly a forum, blogs are easier, and i do acknowledge that seun being able to design and develop a site for 10+ years is very commendable, i just know a lot of forums that look the same or like nairaland, 99.9 of them are greater than mine, so all am saying is my site is different, Permit me to say unique, from typical nigerian forums, not better than all of them.

Kudos to all of you who know how hard it is to setup a forum
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
AllenSays:
I've visited your forum and found that it needs some changes for better user experience.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Redesign your forum header banner, as it's not suitable for the Jobs category forum. It should be like people standing with job letters and obviously a smile on their faces.
2. Social icons that are with "login > register" should be at the right side of top navigation bar.
3. Must set a little bit description for each sub forum. That should appear under the title of it such as you used in Market Place forum.
4. Remove the support email that you've used openly at the bottom of the page and set a Support/Contact Us page for it. Because no anyone want to receive junk emails because everyone knows about email harvesters/ scrapers.

I hope that helps.

You took your time to review my site, Thanks for that I would make changes and post for review when am through, although the site is for a client who wants a job forum.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
BTW I have an open blog I launched yesterday (Signature) anyone can post on it, if you want to manage it for me, email me or login to the forum (Signature) and PM the Administrator.

BTW I won't be paying you as a staff until the sites becomes a money maker,

My reason for creating the blog is because I can, but the problem is I don't have time to be posting because am too busy designing.

I would appreciate it if I can get bloggers blogging on it.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
An example of thread on Naija Words Forum

Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Like I said the site is best on mobile and this is the site I designed for my client

Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you are seeing this on mobile screen scroll down and change it to your respective device

Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by directonpc(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
For this IT world na marketing before design now o. If I look Instagram few years ago I dey laff but guess dey made it cause the idea is marketable.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 10, 2015
Saying that Nairaland is running on Smf just exposed your ignorance, it's not even running on php. Granted, they started with smf but they moved to custom platform for over two years now.
Saying that your mybb powered forum is the best mobile designed forum in Nigeria sounds like a joke to me.
Please you did not improve anything on the default mybb go mobile theme, the only thing you changed on it is the colour which looks worse to me.
The header you are using on the mobile is just too big, check other mobile websites and note the simplicity which should be the no. 1 key for most mobile websites.
Your color combination is awful because you messed with the default color just check it out again - blue, green, lemon, with and black all together smiley.
Check this out http://techngr.com and compare it with yours.
Thanks.
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2015
JN1:
Saying that Nairaland is running on Smf just exposed your ignorance, it's not even running on php. Granted, they started with smf but they moved to custom platform for over two years now.
Saying that your mybb powered forum is the best mobile designed forum in Nigeria sounds like a joke to me.
Please you did not improve anything on the default mybb go mobile theme, the only thing you changed on it is the colour which looks worse to me.
The header you are using on the mobile is just too big, check other mobile websites and note the simplicity which should be the no. 1 key for most mobile websites.
Your color combination is awful because you messed with the default color just check it out again - blue, green, lemon, with and black all together smiley.
Check this out http://techngr.com and compare it with yours.
Thanks.

your site is using the default mybb 1.8 theme so you cant boast of knowing designing
if you weren't so new to mybb you would know that the default gomobile doesnt have avatar, group image on post bit (if you even know what am talking about),
if you say nairaland is not running on smf i might believe it (but it is not true) for you to say nairaland is not running on php shows you dont know what you are talking about.

i will adjust the header based on your advice though
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Fredzy7(m): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2015
MY THEME IS EVEN CURRENTLY APPROVED ON THE MYBB MODS SITE CHECK FOR NAIJA WORDS MOBILE - GREEN IF YOU USE IT ON YOUR SITE I WOULDNT MIND grin AFTERALL ITS FREE wink
Re: Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Fredzy7:

your site is using the default mybb 1.8 theme so you cant boast of knowing designing
if you weren't so new to mybb you would know that the default gomobile doesnt have avatar, group image on post bit (if you even know what am talking about),
if you say nairaland is not running on smf i might believe it (but it is not true) for you to say nairaland is not running on php shows you dont know what you are talking about.

i will adjust the header based on your advice though
* I am not boasting of any design I am just telling you that your mobile theme is not best in Nigeria as you boasted showing you mine as a reference.
* I thought you are talking of the mobile theme now you are switching to desktop. I am using a heavily edited 1.8 theme. I may access your theme on my laptop later but why do you think I can't install any theme of my choice?
* Mybb mobile comes with default profile avatar but I removed it as I don't see the need. There also may be issue with the theme on 1.8 version as it was designed on 1.6, the last time I talked with Jason he told me he will not update it until 2.0 is released.
* I have been using mybb for about 7 years now. You?
* LOL if you think Nairaland is running on php, shows how much you knows.
You are a very funny dude believe me. Nevertheless, I like your enthusiasm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE FEATURES of OUR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES :Sell Your Products Online! (PROMO! 25k / Help Phpmyadmin Showing My Blank In Wamp. / How Can I Become A Successful Blogger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.