Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 (23459 Views)

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" / FG Approves Upgrade Of Benin Airport To Int’l Standard With Cargo Terminal / Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Reconstruct Lagos Int’l Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Aviation, Hajia Binta Bello, has said the federal government will complete and deliver five international airport terminals across the country, concurrently being remodeled and built to meet international standards at a total cost of $500 million (N100 billion).

The remodeling of the airports located in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu, was conceived by the former Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, at the cost of $500 million, including a counterpart funding of $100 million (N20billion) from government on Built, Operate and Transfer (BOT) basis.

Bello, who made this disclosure weekend in an interview with THISDAY in Abuja, averred that finance was not an impediment to the delivery of all the projects going on simultaneously in the five major states of the country.
According to her, "We don’t have any financial impediment that would slow down the work that is in progress. For instance there is no problem of finance with the finance of the five ongoing international terminals.

"The five international airport remodeling terminals are being financed by the Chinese EXIM bank loan and federal government’s counterpart funding of $100 million, which has been paid at the commencement of the projects. I therefore assured that the contractors will deliver the project by the first quarter of 2016."

The timely completion of the five new brand terminals, Bello pointed out, became imperative in the present administration's change mantra, adding that it would help to boost foreign direct investment and increase the nation's gross domestic product.

Assuring all on completion timeline of nine months, Bello disclosed that the airport remodeling projects were almost half way completed. “The job is about 45 per cent complete, but the most important thing is that the contractors have all the other materials ready as are only awaiting shipment from China. Most of these things are already done as the super structure is already on the ground. And once the materials arrive, it will just be fixing of the materials," she said.
However, the permanent secretary admitted that the envisaged delay at the 22 domestic airports regarding infrastructure upgrade was due to financial constraints.

She said hands were on deck to guarantee the collective interest of safety, security and efficiency at the domestic airports, adding that very soon installation of sophisticated security equipment apart from the ones already there will be completed.
According to her, agencies under the ministry had been mandated to assert their regulatory functions to inspire public confidence and stimulate growth in the sector.

She emphasised that steps were also being taken to ensure that all airport operations conform to established laws and regulations in line with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) standards.
Meanwhile, Bello expressed confidence that the committee on national carrier will come out with solutions for the establishment of a national flag carrier that Nigerians will be proud of.

President Muhammadu Buhari, she revealed, had given the ministry a marching order to commence work on the national carrier that should culminate in making the Nigeria Africa’s aviation hub.
She stated that the establishment of a national was not only justified by economic considerations, but also national interest, national pride and job creation potentials for the country.

The committee, she noted, had the mandate to consult widely with stakeholders on establishing a national carrier, including interested national partners on the basis of Public Private Partnership (PPP).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-to-deliver-n100bn-new-int-l-airport-terminals-in-april-2016/219476/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Say Buhari, Say Barber

FTC..... DEDICATED TO ME, MYSELF AND I

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
]please some1 should help me for my one year industrial training. can't find any company to do it. civil engineering department. God will surely help you too

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by mygee2(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
wailers keep barking like dogs cjange is here 4 the greater good

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by MikelEleta(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nice one frm him BUT I hpe dy won't come out to deny dis deadline dt has been given

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by madridguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good news.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by doublewisdom: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
How will Baba no Action accomplish this? By his body language?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is a terrorist", Quote me anywhere.
If buhari is a terrorist then what would you have called Jonathan during his time? A super terrorist? grin

You are a very big fool dude.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

If buhari is a terrorist then what will you call Jonathan? A super terrorist? grin

You are a very big fool dude.
Its sunday, let's keep it "HOLY".

18 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Its sunday, let's keep it "HOLY".
Remember the pastor will always tell you to never stop waging war against your enemy, those opposing your success, and those against the progress of our dear nation.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by basilo101: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Buhari should initiate his own projects abeg, and stop attaching himself to GEJ's projecsts. the funding for the projects has been secured and the govt has paid its counterpart fund, just like the 2nd Niger Bridge project. so wetin be Buhari own 4 inside? there are many other things Nigeria is lacking which we want him to initiate his own solution to them

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by warrior01: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Abeg, wet in consign Buhari with the remodeling of our airports? These are projects initiated by the persecuted Stella Oduah and all funds needed to completion secured. Another credit to Gej's government

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by HitlerGaddafi: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari should initiate his own projects abeg, and stop attaching himself to GEJ's projecsts. the funding for the projects has been secured and the govt has paid its counterpart fund, just like the 2nd Niger Bridge project. so wetin be Buhari own 4 inside? there are many other things Nigeria is lacking which we want him to initiate his own solution to them
This one na fat lie o guy..... This project na Buhari first intiate am and jona get no hand for here. Everything wey baba do now every body go dey talk sey na jonathan first start am. All these PDP people sef..
lalasticlala and his wife abeg FPT.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
basilo101:
That's what we call progressive n continuity me dear, or you would rather PMB initiate new ones and abandon preceding plans?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
doublewisdom:
How will Baba no Action accomplish this? By his body language?
Your comment is far behind your moniker

4 Likes

Thank God
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
u are high on expired opium

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Ikology(m): 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

This one na fat lie o guy..... This project na Buhari first intiate am and jona get no hand for here. Everything wey baba do now every body go dey talk sey na jonathan first start am. All these PDP people sef..
lalasticlala and his wife abeg FPT.

Compound Fooooooool!!!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by PassingShot(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
Reading
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Buhari is working.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by kliq(m): 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Baba's body language working wonders cheesy

God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria / Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
I will... I will....
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by DrayZee: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
I will
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Tonnierichy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Weldone jare baba!! We dey ur back!!
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by kliq(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Buhari is working, Wailers are wailing

Hope you know wailers are liable to die young Mr flatthead Biafra? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by DrayZee: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Xbabangida:
Buhari is working.
All of you saying this prove you didn't expect such from him.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
We need more light and heavy industries... Companies to reduce unemployment not wasting billions on some airport.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Sunexy(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Seriously speaking, I dnt even know wat 2 say
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by LMAyedun(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Icecomrade: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Change!!!! Una don come again

Promise, More promises!!
What's are these APC extremists on Nairaland celebrating here?

Buhari did not make this promise.
Let me help you people save your face in 2016 when Nigerians will start aaking questions and your Buhari will tell Nigerian he never made any promise as he has always done.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by fabregass122(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Choi, This one don dey worse pass go slow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Newly Rehabilitated Emelogu Road In Aba / FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation / Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.