Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled (43964 Views)

Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 / See The Nokia 1101 I Spotted In Ilorin Yesterday / NOKIA Come Back With NOKIA C1 See Specs And Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2015

Nokia’s future in the smartphone market is somewhat uncertain after Microsoft acquired the company’s Windows Phone branch, but Nokia as a brand is still alive and kicking. Not long ago the company released its first Android-powered tablet dubbed the N1, and there have also been some rumors regarding Nokia’s alleged plans to rejoin the smartphone market on the Android side of things.

In the meantime, it has been settled that the company will indeed go back to manufacturing smartphones … but it’s a bit more complicated than than. Check out our Nokia Back To Smartphones: The Night Of The Living Dead? article for more details

While Nokia did release a handful of Android-powered devices already, the experience they deliver is not even close to what a pure Android device would offer. These low-end terminals – like the Nokia X and XL – run on heavily forked / modified versions of Android, and not in a sense of simple customization.

However, earlier this year there have been some leaks suggesting that Nokia might release a new higher-end smartphone with a more close-to-vanilla Android OS. A so-called “Nokia 1100” was spotted in the Geekbench database too, but while it was listed as an Android 5.0 device, the specifications were not that impressive. On the other hand, there have also been rumors of a so-called “Nokia C1” higher-end smartphone, and more to the point at hand, today we came across a series of renders that might depict the phone’s final design.

Check out below image.

source: http://techlector.com/first-pure-android-from-the-nokia-nokia-c1-unveiled/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by rottennaija(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
It like Nokia is beginning to learn from the Fig tree

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by parrotibaba(m): 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
I have always been a Nokia fan right until the advent of their windows phones so if they switch fully to the Android merry band then I will happily indulge them.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Still a rumour for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmm!! This is wow! When is it going to be on sale?

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by omoadeleye(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
If d phone no dey expensive

1 Like

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by michhitman(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
omoadeleye:
haha...bros na nokia nar,its bound to be expensive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
lol... i don book space already.... I must get my hands on this one
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
another Android 5.0
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
omoadeleye:
This is NOKIA bro... what else do you expect from them?

1 Like

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by neolboy(m): 2:15am On Sep 07, 2015
fold arms and leg crossed
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Lols. grin
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by constance500: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2015
spreads mat smiley
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 6:45am On Sep 07, 2015
constance500:
spreads mat smiley

better unfold your mat, its already morning... wake up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by potolistic(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Nokia should qo 2 hell jor..... No1 cares about your products anymore

3 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by CaptPlanet(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
I have always been a Nokia fan right until the advent of their windows phones so if they switch fully to the Android merry band then I will happily indulge them.

Their windows phone was actually nice, I think it needed some sort of upgrade, I hope this is it.

3 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2015
potolistic:
Nokia should qo 2 hell jor..... No1 cares about your products anymore

are you serious?

2 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2015
But this device is really SLEEK

2 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by gomez1only(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Pretty cool. Hope it gets officially released to naija very soon. I've always loved nokia's camera quality
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Kizyte(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Innalilahi!
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by zenith4biz(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2015
This is the sleek design have been waiting for.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by TechLector: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2015
Kizyte:
Innalilahi!

pardon?

1 Like

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by reaky(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2015
Somebody tell me when they make it to the market
Oooo undecided
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by dridowu: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
U speak my mind.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by 2dillu2(m): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
I would like to have this phone but but... You know na it's Nokia and it's going to be expensive

4 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by dridowu: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
NETWORK
Technology GSM / HSPA
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
Speed HSPA
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
LAUNCH
Announced Exp. announcement 2015, Q3
Status Rumored. Exp. release 2015, Q3
BODY
Dimensions -
Weight -
SIM Yes
DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~66.0% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)
Chipset Intel
MEMORY
Card slot To be confirmed
Internal 32 GB, 2 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus
Video 1080p@30fps
Secondary 5 MP
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Radio To be confirmed
USB microUSB v2.0
FEATURES
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Stand-by
Talk time
MISC
Colors Black

http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_c1-6885.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_GV4-f_qRc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by dominique(f): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
They woke up too late.

5 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by klickash077(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
nokia messed up by not switching its OS when every other brand switched. if nokia had made that decision, samsung would still have been that second choice phone.
as soon as nokia put their house together, am saying adieu to Samsung

All hail NOKIA!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by MadCow1: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
If it's not a SAMSUNG it's not a smartphone.

Sent with pride from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

9 Likes

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ok ---F9 angry
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Shortyy(f): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Wow. Cool. How much is it?
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by ritababe(f): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice specs if the battery is more than 4000MAH i will buy, but if its below then i will pass

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Think Your Smartphone Is The Best ? Wait Until You See This / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord / Guy Snaps Himself In A Ghastly Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.