Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) (6110 Views)

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Closed / Brief History Of Tecno, Infinix, Itel And Their Owners - Techredirector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 1:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Before i dive into this new method which is a variation of an old method, I'd like to define rooting and give its advantages and disadvantages

Root is having the privileged control of mobile phone system. When you buy a new Android phone, you are just a guest user on the phone. You can use the phone, just as a guest would use Windows, but you will not be able to make any changes to the system files. However, after you have a root access over your phone, you could browse your Android root folder and make any changes to the system files on your phone. And that’d mean the ability to make all kinds of changes and install more powerful apps that you can’t use on a non-rooted phone.

Rooting your android can allow you to conduct a comprehensive management and optimizaton on your phone such as removing pre-installed apps, disabling startup apps, replacing system font, hacking games in app purchases, etc. It also allows you to install special apps,cutom ROMs and helps free up phone memory.

Disadvantages of rooting are voiding of manufacturer's warranty and bricking of phone(A ‘bricked’ phone means a dead phone and is the same as carrying around a brick in your pocket). Other uncommon disadvantages are slow performance and installation of viruses

So, you’ve been acquainted and warned. If you think that rooting the phone to run special applications and custom ROM is worth is, go ahead. If you think it’s not worth the hassle, stay put. At the end of the day, it’s depends on your usage and what you want your phone to do for you. Of course, proceeding with caution no matter how great an expert you think you are is always advisable.

The bricking incident never stopped me from rooting my phone again. Is it going to stop you?

[size=14pt]DISCLAIMER: ROOTING YOUR PHONE WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BOTH THE CARRIER AND THE MANUFACTURER. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT FAULT FOR ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ROOTING, THEN DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.[/size]

cc: dragnet, honsule, puskin, lalasticlala

Let's get started
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 1:15am On Sep 07, 2015
Now I know that you've been told to use different methods to root your phone and it may or may not have worked, for this tutorial, I'll need you to keep an open mind.

In order to start the root process, I'll need you to download KingRoot from this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=14250&task=get

The app is about 6MB

After downloading, install it and open the app

Now for some phones, you just click root and it works but if you get the message root access is unavailable... Continue Reading

1 Share

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 1:17am On Sep 07, 2015
For thos who were not able to root from the one touch, or got root failed, Click on retry and your phone should be rooted.

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 1:30am On Sep 07, 2015
Now your phone is rooted, the app(KingRoot) can serve as SuperUser or you can download rootchecker to confirm root and SuperSu or SuperUser from Google Playstore to authorize root access to apps

For SuperSu allow the SU binary to be updated via normal mode

For those whose phones could not be rooted via the above method, drop your phone name and mdels and I'll get back to you

If you want to learn how to hack In App Purchases, notify me. I'll make a post detailing the process to do that.

For those who want to hack In App Purchases: https://www.nairaland.com/2559808/which-among-these-android-games/9#37560123

Thank You

2 Likes

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by donholy28(m): 1:34am On Sep 07, 2015
King root is d best...d latest is v4.5 and its only about 2.6mb
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 1:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Tested phones
Infinix X506
Samsung S4 (i9505)
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

1 Like

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by musico: 4:48am On Sep 07, 2015
Gmekx:
Tested phones
Infinix X506
Samsung S4 (i9505)
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
gionee m2mini .I had used all methods all to no avail. Please help me on how to root my gionee m2mini. I USED VROOT AND ALL THE METHODS MENTIONED ABOVE,IT DID NT WORKING.PLS HELP ME
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by musico: 5:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Gmekx:
Tested phones
Infinix X506
Samsung S4 (i9505)
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
gionee m2mini
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by oloriooko(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2015
Gmekx:
Tested phones Infinix X506 Samsung S4 (i9505) Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
can I root infinix pro same way?
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2015
musico:
gionee m2mini .I had used all methods all to no avail. Please help me on how to root my gionee m2mini.

Ok. Have u tried the above method?

If Yes, Have u tried vroot?
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2015
oloriooko:

Yes, but if it doesn't work, just mention it
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by sirantonio(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2015
@op, what next after rooting?
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by destino24(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2015
oloriooko:

I rooted mine with Kingroot, so it should work with yours

1 Like

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by musico: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2015
Gmekx:

Ok. Have u tried the above method?
If Yes, Have u tried vroot?
YES AND VROOT ALL TO NO AVIL.PLS HELP ME.
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by 1Cor10vs26(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2015
Gmekx:
Now your phone is rooted, the app(KingRoot) can serve as SuperUser or you can download rootchecker to confirm root and SuperSu or SuperUser from Google Playstore to authorize root access to apps

For SuperSu allow the SU binary to be updated via normal mode

For those whose phones could not be rooted via the above method, drop your phone name and mdels and I'll get back to you

If you want to learn how to hack In App Purchases, notify me. I'll make a post detailing the process to do that.

Thank You
how to hack in-app purchases please
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by gidjah(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2015
pls how do I know if this gionee infinity I just bought from a stranger is actually rooted, though I saw kingroot app on it .
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 10:42am On Sep 08, 2015
gidjah:
pls how do I know if this gionee infinity I just bought from a stranger is actually rooted, though I saw kingroot app on it .

just download rootchecker from playstore and check
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Dude I've been searching and i havent found anything concrete yet, as soon as i do, I'll make it available

musico:
YES AND VROOT ALL TO NO AVIL.PLS HELP ME.
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by bigtt76(f): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2015
If you have this question on your mind, then ROOTING an Android device is NOT for you undecided

sirantonio:
@op, what next after rooting?
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by gidjah(m): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Gmekx:

just download rotchecker from playstore and check
D phone refused to browse o,keeps showing some Java bla bla,...wen u try to connect it shows no connection.
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Enniola(f): 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
1Cor10vs26:
how to hack in-app purchases please
Download "Lucky patch" to do this
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 12:00am On Sep 09, 2015
Enniola:

Download "Lucky patch" to do this

While telling him to download lucky patcher also tell him how to use it in order to avoid spoiling his phone. I'll advice to download Freedom

2 Likes

Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 12:00am On Sep 09, 2015
gidjah:
D phone refused to browse o,keeps showing some Java bla bla,...wen u try to connect it shows no connection.

Send a screenshot
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by oloriooko(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
destino24:

I rooted mine with Kingroot, so it should work with yours
how do I unroot my phone in the future.
will I have access to Google play store after rooting
tnx
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by destino24(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
oloriooko:

tnx

I don't know about unrooting but I still have access to playstore
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2015
oloriooko:

tnx

Depending on the method you used to root your phone, unrooting can be easy or just outright difficult but....

If you used Kingroot, simply uninstall the app and root priviledges disappear with it, if you have CWM or TWRP, download SuperUser or SuperSU and go to settings and click full unroot

And yes you will definitely still have access to play store

DAhs All
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by Gmekx(m): 8:16am On Sep 10, 2015
bigtt76:
If you have this question on your mind, then ROOTING an Android device is NOT for you undecided

Easy tiger
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by oloriooko(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Gmekx:

Depending on the method you used to root your phone, unrooting can be easy or just outright difficult but....

If you used Kingroot, simply uninstall the app and root priviledges disappear with it, if you have CWM or TWRP, download SuperUser or SuperSU and go to settings and click full unroot

And yes you will definitely still have access to play store

DAhs All
tnx bro
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by musico: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Gmekx:
Dude I've been searching and i havent found anything concrete yet, as soon as i do, I'll make it available

THANKS ALOT.I WILL BE WAITING
Re: Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) by 1Cor10vs26(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Gmekx:

While telling him to download lucky patcher also tell him how to use it in order to avoid spoiling his phone. I'll advice to download Freedom
pls how do I use freedom

(1) (2) (Reply)

4000 Mah Battery / This Tecno Tab Has The Longest Lasting Battery Life. Lasts Up To 4days / How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.