Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor (59645 Views)

Governor Simon Lalong Holds Peace Meeting With Leaders Of Communities In Jos. / I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola / Hameed Ali Gives Simon Lalong Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by catchfun: 7:05am On Sep 07, 2015
The Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, said on Sunday that he has not received any salary since he assumed office due to inadequate funds in government coffers.

Mr. Lalong made the disclosure to Journalists in Plateau on Sunday night at a media chat to mark his 100 days in office. He said the media parley was for citizens of the state to assess his performance since he assumed office on May 29.

He said the financial situation of the state was also the reason for the delay in making political appointments.
"Even those I have appointed so far have not been paid salaries.

"I myself have not received a single month salary as I speak with you; we want to settle civil servants salaries first," he said.
On insecurity, Governor Lalong said 150 additional mobile police officers were recently deployed to the state to curb communal attacks, particularly in Barkinladi and Riyom local government areas where violence has continue unabated.

On the recovery of public funds allegedly looted by his predecessor, Jonah Jang, Mr. Lalong said he has handed the matter to the anti-graft agency, EFCC, to investigate and bring defaulters to book.

"Since the two weeks grace I gave them elapsed without any response, I have written to EFCC to take over from where we stop, but if they delay in the assignment, I will remind them again," he said.

Mr. Lalong also said his administration has paid 5 out of the 7 months workers' salaries arrears he inherited.
"We will pay the 6th month tomorrow (Monday)," he said.

The governor also said that the Plateau crisis lingered because security operatives were owed 6 months allowances, which his administration has settled.

He explained that the state was yet to access the federal government bailout funds. According to him, Plateau will be in the next batch of states to receive the bailout funds.

Commenting on the allegation that his administration has already borrowed money, he explained that he took a loan of N4.5 billion to settle workers' salaries.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201509070050.html

5 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Skymiyke(f): 7:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Ok,continue!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by donholy28(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2015
Who asked him?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Onajevwe(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2015
Laudable. Fact though is that we don't care if you receive salaries or not, afterall you'll be fine with or without your salary. Just ensure that you clear all inherited salary arrears and in future ensure that civil servants are promptly paid.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by catchfun: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2015
Onajevwe:
Laudable. Fact though is that we don't care if you receive salaries or not, afterall you'll be fine with or without your salary. Just ensure that you clear all inherited salary arrears and in future ensure that civil servants are promptly paid.

1 Like

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Charliewyt: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2015
What's your salary compared to your numerous allowances which i'm sure you never fail to receive?.

22 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2015
lmao... Who cares angry
Did he tell us how much he embezzled... Which can't be denied undecided..

Nigerian politics is a big joke... the politicians tell us what we want to hear... And do what they feel is better for them....

It seems Ben murray Bruce has gone into hibernation grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Ilekeh(f): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2015
LaLong? How manage?

Is he Asian?

4 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by permsec: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2015
Ilekeh:
LaLong? How manage?
Is he Asian?
No He is half Australian, half Mount.Everest

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Ilekeh(f): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2015
permsec:
No He is half Australian, half Mount.Everest

I know your type.
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by permsec: 7:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

I know your type.
I dont know ur type.

20 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by wasco24: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
no money every where but man must waka
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by SaiBuharii: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Cool story!
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Sijo01(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Allowances and security votes nkor?

2 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Trailblazer1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

that means he will be poorer than buhari and deserves to be our next president grin grin

another scam in the making grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by ihatebuhari(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
cool
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Segadem(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
OK,I dhey come to pay u.
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by ihatebuhari(f): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
sad
Sijo01:
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Segadem(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sijo01:
don't mind the man, u are living beside Mississippi river and u dhey complain say u dhey thirsty.

6 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by 4stylz: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Story
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Segadem(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Charliewyt:
What's your salary compared to your numerous allowances which i'm sure you never fail to receive?.
I volunteer myself to be governor for 8 years and I promise u I will not collect any salary for those 8 years.

7 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by asumo12: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided Y

I lost my iPhone 6+. On noticing this I called repeatedly but to no avail. I then sent messages begging the person in God's name to contact me. All I ever got in reply was a cryptic message. "sorry but I can't refuse God's blessing." That number never rang again ; not in that phone anyway.

Thanks to iCloud anywaz grin

2 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by CLeAtHead(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by lekjons(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
pucblicity stunt!

hypocrites!..thieves!
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
How ooooo

This GOVERNOR sabi sell drugs ooooo

Which PRODUCT be this one again... ?
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by UnknownT: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
I would have commended him if he decides to forfeit the 3 months salary but from the way he is talking, he will still pay himself after he finishes paying Civil servants and he may add interests to his own (so it will look like he lent abi borrowed his nth months salaries to the state government. Nigerian Politicians eh!!!!! Fear them

4 Likes

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by damiloladuke: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
good for him

CHECK MY SIGNATURE...
•••IF you wanna laff TIRE TODAY
•••if YOU NEED ADMIN FOR YOUR BLOG
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by MrAboki: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
how much has he embezzled is the real question.

angry

1 Like

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
Na this kind lie dey make boko haram dey bomb people. Omo seee Lie oooo.

1 Like

Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by BABERIANKING(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
Is he accumulating them?
Re: Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sai Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Ighoyota Amori Marks 63rd Birthday Boat Cruising With Girls (Photos) / Theodore Orji Refused To Shake Ifeanyi Ubah (Photo) / President Tinubu Meets Sanusi Lamido At The State House⁣

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.