Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria (67450 Views)

See What A Sage Yoruba Man Wrote About Biafra, Nigeria And Amalgamation / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Rotimi47: 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
Every tribe in Nigeria have very intelligent people but our number one problem is corruption; some highly placed Nigerian like quick money at the expense of the organizations they work for eg a procurement guy bring in substandard equipments because of kickback, HR guy recruiting expatriates instead of capable Nigerians so as to be relevant in his place of work, staff inflating prices etc, all this make employers of labour to seek for foreigners as they tend not to trust most Nigerians.

We are all humans and I don't think any business owner is investing in a business to run at a loss, if we can all change our negative attitudes then things will definitely change for the better. I believe we all read of Nigerians eg Yorubas, Igbos and others making great strides in every country they work and are resident? They even win international awards. Nigerians are doing well in nuclear physics, medicine, literature, art, music etc all over the world; our other problem is our government who do not stand up to their responsibility, how can you recruit a foreigner to occupy a position a Nigerian can easy fit in? For example Saudi & Ghanaian government don't allow companies to employ foreigners to occupy positions their citizens can occupy but in Nigeria, evey dick and harry who ain't even experts are employed to occupy positions qualified Nigerians should occupy.

Futher more, many of us are also part of this problem as we prefer to buy foreign products even products that Nigeria is known to produce very standard quality eg. Electric cables, fabrics just to mention a few. We say if it ain't imported then it ain't good.

In conclusion, Laughing in Swahili; we are all guilty of this one way or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SexyStrawberry(f): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:
If we are frank! He said the truth.! so we should rather think to change the mentality by putting things right. Even revisiting the expatriate employment. All sort of persons come under the guise of expatriate whether they qualify or not. Have even seen fresh school leavers been employed as expatriate some people with little or no work experience in the area they are manning are also employed expatriate, all sort of abnormalities happen here!

The one that annoys me most is that Nigeria imports TOOTHPICK!!!!! Dis one want to make me commit suicide! its freaking annoying!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by duduade: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
We caused it... undecided

Indians are not too smart yet Nigerian companies pay them well undecided
yes we caused it.... thats why anytime I see all these Asians at the malls I no dey send them o.. u go see them pack all their families dey shop... smelling spicy cheats
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by mediachirps(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
musKeeto:
What's wrong with the comment he made?
everything.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by rottenegg: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
yang:
The zoo called Nigeria is a criminal enterprise

United by the blood of Biafrans, genocide killing of Biafrans and the Stolen oil crude from all the communities where crude oil can be found

THE ZOO MUST FALL

The zoo imports tin tomatoes and palm oil

Monkeys and Baboons everywhere in the zoo
Including raccoons and rats
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
duduade:
yes we caused it.... thats why anytime I see all these Asians at the malls I no dey send them o.. u go see them pack all their families dey shop... smelling spicy cheats
grin grin
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
We caused it... undecided

Indians are not too smart yet Nigerian companies pay them well undecided

Don't beef unnecessarily. Indians are VERY smart people.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by bummyla(m): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
I hope our leaders are reading this! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

The one that annoys me most is that Nigeria imports TOOTHPICK!!!!! Dis one want to make me commit suicide! its freaking annoying!
If you are so freaked about this start producing one! Period!

2 Likes

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
og2711:

Don't beef unnecessarily. Indians are VERY smart people.
Beef ko ni undecided undecided
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Bimpe29: 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
Truth and facts they are, but bitter.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by rottenegg: 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.
how u take know say them be tiny d**ked??
I dey suspect u

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by baloney: 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
God he got 33likes.

sometimes u need a mirror to see ur face & somewhere u will ordinarily nt see urselve.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by baloney: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
God he got 33likes.

sometimes 1 need a mirror to see ur face & somewhere u will ordinarily nt see urselve.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by baloney: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
God he got 33likes.

sometimes 1 need a mirror to see his face & somewhere u will ordinarily nt see urselve.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SexyStrawberry(f): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:

If you are so freaked about this start producing one! Period!

Lolzzz sister, u'll be amazed in what I do, but amongst my businesses, thanks for giving me Dis advice, I'll really look into it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

Lolzzz sister, u'll be amazed in what I do, but amongst my businesses, thanks for giving me Dis advice, I'll really look into it.

Keep it up sis! Kudos!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Missonas(f): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Prakash na mumu.na dem patronise us pass sef.Taking a selfie at d airport show say he get time for the most trivial of all things he and his lot are the unintelligents ones their films no dey lie!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ibedun: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.

You are one of the reasons we import INTELLIGENCE.

That statement hit a raw nerve with me "they import intelligence also." Kai!!! thats so so deep.

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by conyema12(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Useless country
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by feedthenation(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Within the last 20years, the Indian government invested massively in information technology - real human capital development - where the likes of the world's best developers' and programmers' emerged from.

Now we have huge conglomerates and financial institutions like GM, Citibank, JP Morgan, Barclays, Ford Motors, Microsoft, CocaCola, Google, Apple Inc, just to mention a few hiring the best of these indians in IT. Most of the call-centres of major companies are also based in Indian.

Go to Bangalore today - known as the silicon valley of India - that state alone exports more IT professionals, so yes the Indian dude is right - we Nigerians import intelligence.

What kind of human capital development programme have any of our past governments embarked upon - nothing - except to embezzle and corrupt the education systems?

Also our orientation must fundamentally change - in the sense that an average Nigeria wants to get to the top and be rich by all means without 'grafting' for it. Hardwork and persistence are the keys to greatness, there's no shortcut.

I don't blame the Indian guys - they have told the truth - it's now left to us to make a clean change in our country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
What a shame on you all!!!!

In a country where citizens are of sound minds, the citizens defend their country first and deal with their internal issues within.

It's quite sad that you morons are indirectly contributing to your unemployment by watching a foreigner discouraging foreign investment and tourism sector with reckless statement such as the one coming from this garlic-smelling animals.

There is a polite way to criticise a country than decorating a whole country with insults. This idiott's visa would have been revoked or cancelled outrightly in Western world by now with this statement.

Nigeria tourism sector and foreign investment are being destroyed with this hypocritical statement coming from a citizen of one of the worthless country on earth.

Americans and British bless and defend their countries at all cost despite their internal problems.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by missKiffy(f): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Quite sad
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
musKeeto:
What's wrong with the comment he made?

I'm with you.

He's absolutely and completely true and I agree with him 100%
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
feedthenation:
Within the last 20years, the Indian government invested massively in information technology - real human capital development - where the likes of the world's best developers' and programmers' emerged from.

Now we have huge conglomerates and financial institutions like GM, Citibank, JP Morgan, Barclays, Ford Motors, Microsoft, CocaCola, Google, Apple Inc, just to mention a few hiring the best of these indians in IT. Most of the call-centres of major companies are also based in Indian.

Go to Bangalore today - known as the silicon valley of India - that state alone exports more IT professionals, so yes the Indian dude is right - we Nigerians import intelligence.

What kind of human capital development programme have any of our past governments embarked upon - nothing - except to embezzle and corrupt the education systems?

Also our orientation must fundamentally change - in the sense that an average Nigeria wants to get to the top and be rich by all means without 'grafting' for it. Hardwork and persistence are the keys to greatness, there's no shortcut.

I don't blame the Indian guys - they have told the truth - it's now left to us to make a clean change in our country.

Thank you and you're a decent human being.

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by vroom(m): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Lets swallow the bitter pill, the guy is actually saying the truth, if ordinary toothpick can be imported into this country, then i wonder what else can we produce locally!

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by adconline(m): 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Lolz! Funny....I'm not perfect and so are you but I'm 100% better off to most of the Indians. Check on social media
You are further proving it right that Indians are smarter. Social media platforms and architecture programmed and built by Indians.. BTW, don't cite social media as ur source in any credible presentation... It's sooo laaaameee!!

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
adconline:

You are further proving it right that Indians are smarter. Social media platforms and architecture programmed and built by Indians.. BTW, don't cite social media as ur source in any credible presentation... It's sooo laaaameee!!
Dude, i give up! You win.......I'm tired
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by adconline(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
FolarinLondon:

In a country where citizens are of sound minds, the citizens defend their country first and deal with their internal issues within.

It's quite sad that you morons are indirectly contributing to your unemployment by watching a foreigner discouraging foreign investment and tourism sector with reckless statement such as the one coming from this garlic-smelling animals.

There is a polite way to criticise a country than decorating a whole country with insults. This idiott's visa would have been revoked or cancelled outrightly in Western world by now with this statement.

Nigeria tourism sector and foreign investment are being destroyed with this hypocritical statement coming from a citizen of one of the worthless country on earth.

Americans and British bless and defend their countries at all cost despite their internal problems.
Keep sipping your delusional cocktails... Naija has never been a great country and will likely not be if we keep thinking the way you do. UK and US are wrong comparisons.. They don't dream and hope without rolling up their sleeves unlike Nigerians!!

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by drnelson: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
so thats why your handle is folarinLONDON...why didnt you make it folarinlekki?

you too are discouraging tourism and development.

infact you are a bigger fool who is not ready to accept that Nigeria needs to start manufacturing its own things.

anyhow...kontinu

FolarinLondon:

2 Likes

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Dynaman(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
dtjns37:
These are screenshots of a comment on facebook about Nigeria that broke my heart. I felt as if the insult was directed at me.

This man worked in same company with me as an expat for a few months. He's my facebook friend, and he's Indian.
Someone asked him to bring something from Nigeria, then he went ahead and lashed the country in his comment.

I want the world to see this careless post. I hope he repents of such a stinking mentality about Nigeria.
He posted the update on sunday afternoon.

''Waiting for flight back to India from Lagos International Airport, Nigeria''

Kamal Parikh Bring some special
1 · September 6 at 12:46pm

Suresh Shahdadpuri Kamal Parikh in this country nothing worth bringing back. They import everything. It is major oil producing country, but they import diesel and petrol. How are you?
1 · September 6 at 12:49pm

Goplani Vishnu They import intelligence also
2 · September 6 at 12:58pm''

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206127715965895&set=a.3319052689141.2146517.1052989290&type=1&theater
he is right! We need change!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Meet The 10 Powerful Men That Took Nigerians To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.