Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture (20570 Views)

NYSC Biometric Capture Client Webcam Is Not Capturing / Please Help Nysc Biometrics Error / NYSC Introduces Monthly Biometric Clearance To Check Ghost Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2015
I am a Prospective corps member for the batch B but I am currently abroad but will be back in time for camp. I finished uni in Nigeria though. Problem now I'm about to proceed with registration and I came across the biometrics aspect which I never knew about. I'm lost as I don't know what to do. Help please, how do I go about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by POWEROFPEACE(m): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2015
First of all Op, you have to come back from abroad. You can not be there and expect quick solutions. There are lots of computer houses here that are willing to render you assistance just for a small token.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Gbemmy135(f): 11:39am On Sep 08, 2015
remioshy:
I am a Prospective corps member for the batch B but I am currently abroad but will be back in time for camp. I finished uni in Nigeria though. Problem now I'm about to proceed with registration and I came across the biometrics aspect which I never knew about. I'm lost as I don't know what to do. Help please, how do I go about it?

Get a DIGITAL PERSONA SCANNER TO CAPTURE YOUR FINGER PRINT. YOU DON'T NEED TO COME HOME BECAUSE OF THAT. THANKS

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by durella32: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls someone should come to my aid my online registration is giving me promblems in the sense i was asked to use my functioning email for registration nd hav nt been sent a comfirmation mail for me to continue my registration.hav been refreshing my mail for the past one hour
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by kayodefam(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
remioshy:
wooo ogbeni...u beta find ur way back here in time cos there are designated centres u can do it...
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
remioshy:
http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/pre-Registration Follow the instructions in that link and you are good to go, no need to go to any "designated" centre.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by kayodefam(m): 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Aww...isokay o...u are on ur own o...
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by greenspider: 1:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Please guys I am having problems with my nysc registration. I was supposed to be mobilized with the previous batch BUT I couldnt go. Now I am trying to go over the same registration process and it all looks different and confusing. Ps anyone with batch B15 green card scan please post let me have an idea of how it looks cause I am getting seriously frustrated. Thanks very much guys.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by abayomilove(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2015
You can easily get the Bio-metric Finger print scanner anywhere in the word
if you are not ready to return for now you can easily buy it and install JAVA 1.6 or 1.7 on your system and get yourself register

you can mail me: impressioneducation@gmail.com if you are facing any difficulty
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2015
@abayomilove

Sent you an email

Thanks so much for your reply and offer of help regarding my post on nairaland, really appreciate this, I'm not returning now till few days before camp and I'm stuck ith the registration, I have ordered for the digital scanner as you said, please guide me through how to use this to get my fingerprint and register myself for nysc.

What do I do with the Java or where do I get to install, I'm not too good with computer but I think I can still follow instructions if led.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Jumibk: 5:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Please I'm are you located in North America? I have the same issue too. Currently planning to check at the embassy. If you are in NA, can you ship the scanner you ordered to me based on a financial agreement. I'm seeing the cost as 200 bucks here except you know anything cheaper. Please can you email me a response at jumibk@gmail.com? Thanks a million
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Jumibk:
Please I'm are you located in North America? I have the same issue too. Currently planning to check at the embassy. If you are in NA, can you ship the scanner you ordered to me based on a financial agreement. I'm seeing the cost as 200 bucks here except you know anything cheaper. Please can you email me a response at jumibk@gmail.com? Thanks a million

Hi, no I'm located in the uk, and I have been able to get it sorted and registered
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by benficarson: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
VERIFICATION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE
COLLECTION / REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF NATIONAL SERVICE
SOLVE ALL NYSC PROBLEMS
ISSUANCE OF NYSC TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION
RESOLVE ERRORS IN NYSC CERTIFICATE
APPLY FOR NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE
SOLVE NYSC REGISTRATION PROBLEMS CALL 08020540523
NYSC POSTING
REGISTRATION OF NIGERIAN FOREIGN-TRAINED GRADUATES
APPLY FOR RELOCATION
POSTING TO PREFFERRED STATE FOR NYSC SERVICE
NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) - call 08020540523
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by mehimz: 2:26am On Sep 25, 2015
remioshy:

Hi, no I'm located in the uk, and I have been able to get it sorted and registered

Hi Remioshy,

Apologies for contacting but I, like you had, am having issues with the fingerprint scanner. I have received it and I am using using it on a laptop with windows 10 and Java 8, but I get this page to the screen where it shows the boxes for to scan thumbs, but it does not proceed beyond there (does not recognise me scanning thumbs) and if I click proceed, it states "fingerprints must be scanned" (obviously)..

Questions:
1) What software did you use for the scanner when your's arrived or did you just plug it into a comp?
2) What windows operating software is your laptop running?
3) What java are you running?
4) Any exceptional steps during your registration process.

Really look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Thanks so much in anticipation.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
So sorry, did not come back to this page till now, I had same problem, it was someone on Nairaland that gave me the setting and guide me thru ( paid though) if you want I can look for his details for u
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
mehimz:

Hi Remioshy,

Apologies for contacting but I, like you had, am having issues with the fingerprint scanner. I have received it and I am using using it on a laptop with windows 10 and Java 8, but I get this page to the screen where it shows the boxes for to scan thumbs, but it does not proceed beyond there (does not recognise me scanning thumbs) and if I click proceed, it states "fingerprints must be scanned" (obviously)..

Questions:
1) What software did you use for the scanner when your's arrived or did you just plug it into a comp?
2) What windows operating software is your laptop running?
3) What java are you running?
4) Any exceptional steps during your registration process.

Really look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Thanks so much in anticipation.
if uve got the prerequisites namely: java and scanner then i dont think the problem is qmwith d ware. It may be that u arent followun the insteuctioms well.
ue hands cpuld be sweaty so u need to dry it first. And tey scanning. See if it brings up an image of ur fingee print. if it doesnr,cancel and try agaib till it does.
If u still have probs,theb take ur scaner with u to an internet servuce center or one of those printing shops, theyd guide u through.
meanwhile u guys can post such questions ob rhe thread i created for foreign trained graduates:

https://www.nairaland.com/2568578/thread-foreign-trained-graduates-prospective

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
Jumibk:
hmm, y dont u get d scannee urself in whatever north american coubtry u reside? Ur post is somewhat fishy .
meanwhile, u guys can post any of ur quesrions on the thread i created for foreign rrained geaduateshttp://www.nairaland.com/2568578/thread-foreign-trained-graduates-prospective
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2015
Please Help, anyone in the uk who has successfully registered for their please help me as i'm stuck with this fingerprint scanning bit. I ve tried ordering the scanner but by the time it will arrive the registration process will be closed. Please if you ve got the scanner please message me on ( engrbamz@gmail.com) thanks
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 1:34am On Oct 01, 2015
please could you email so you explain how i can go about this issue. I will really appreciate it if you did early. Thanks
remioshy:
So sorry, did not come back to this page till now, I had same problem, it was someone on Nairaland that gave me the setting and guide me thru ( paid though) if you want I can look for his details for u
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by IYKECHUKZY: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2015
CALL 08180764085 FOR EXEMPTION ISSUES. I JUST RECTIFIED MINE WITHOUT PAYMENT.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Sabay02(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
dob issue. Email: sabay02@gmail.com
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Please could you help me look for his details. I got my fingerprint captured but when i click on proceed i get this message popping out "Liveconnect call for Applet ID 2 is not allowed in this JVM instance"
engrbamz:
please could you email so you explain how i can go about this issue. I will really appreciate it if you did early. Thanks
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Please can anyone help me with this. I got my fingerprint captured and when i click on proceed i get this message "Liveconnect call for Applet ID 2 is not allowed in this JVM instance". What does that mean and what should do in order to to get this message.
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2015
engrbamz:
Please can anyone help me with this. I got my fingerprint captured and when i click on proceed i get this message "Liveconnect call for Applet ID 2 is not allowed in this JVM instance". What does that mean and what should do in order to to get this message.

Hi, will get his details for you today, wl look fir it, give me till later today
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by remioshy(f): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
engrbamz:
Please could you help me look for his details. I got my fingerprint captured but when i click on proceed i get this message popping out "Liveconnect call for Applet ID 2 is not allowed in this JVM instance"

This is his phone number, I could not find his email though, just call and tell him you need help wt the finger print error message.

Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by proonu: 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
@Remioshy please im stuck with the same problem of scanning my finger print. Im in London and need to contact you. please email me on promiseoderaonu@gmail.com
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by kayusbrown(m): 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
engrbamz:

Downgrade your installed Java to version 1.6 (uninstall the one you have, search and download java version 1.6 and install). Java versions higher than 1.6 do not support "Liveconect".
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks i successfully captured it.
kayusbrown:

Downgrade your installed Java to version 1.6 (uninstall the one you have, search and download java version 1.6 and install). Java versions higher than 1.6 do not support "Liveconect".
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by engrbamz: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sorry I'm about to ask a question outside the topic, But as anyone gotten their callup Number yet. cos I haven't received any thing yet
Re: Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture by Nanaish: 11:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
@engrbamz can you please tell me how you went about the finger print capture. Did you have to buy a biometric fingerprint scanner? What software? Etc thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? / NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith / Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.