Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? (42156 Views)

Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) / Women Drinking Beer At A Burial In Enugu, Use Their Teeth As Opener (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Kimoni: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fhemmmy:

No pop corn oh . . .Only Gala and instead of Coke, it will be pure water . . . tongue.

grin grin grin grin all join
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin all join

Good
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by oliverjiad(m): 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fhemmmy:

OK, now you are awake oh.... give me idea and thanks
madam say 2m should be okay base on extra spending involving
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
oliverjiad:
madam say 2m should be okay base on extra spending involving

OK, lemme go do more work to be able to save that much oh . . . Not easy at all oh.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by oliverjiad(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
grin grin more grease to ur elbow BOSS
Fhemmmy:

OK, lemme go do more work to be able to save that much oh . . . Not easy at all oh.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
oliverjiad:
grin grin more grease to ur elbow BOSS

Amen oh . . . . And you too could contribute oh and the grease could become butter jawe
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by oliverjiad(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Amen oh . . . . And you too could contribute oh and the grease could become butter jawe
oya make we do abraka dabra to turn am butter nah oga boss smiley
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nairalanders dont like to talk about burial and death . . . . .Na wa oh
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
cool
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2015
Good morning!
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wanna say a big thanks to all that responded, will draw figures and conclusion from you all . . . Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Lexusgs430: 3:15am On Sep 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The digging will cost money too
The casket or just dig without casket
So at the end of the day, it still wont be zero Naira.

To achieve zero cost, cremation is the only option(petrol, firestarters, firewood and matches) are not too expensive!!!!
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2015
Lexusgs430:

To achieve zero cost, cremation is the only option(petrol, firestarters, firewood and matches) are not too expensive!!!!

Inasmuch as not expensive as you put it... it still won't be zero cost..... not.to expensive is not same as zero, besides, won't do that to popsy Oh.... he never vex me reach that level now, he still deserve a decent burial and at that time hopefully later rather than sooner, that is what I pray we give him.... but thanks for your input and if you were of morning popsy to ashes, Bros, do it the right way o shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On Sep 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Inasmuch as not expensive as you put it... it still won't be zero cost..... not.to expensive is not same as zero, besides, won't do that to popsy Oh.... he never vex me reach that level now, he still deserve a decent burial and at that time hopefully later rather than sooner, that is what I pray we give him.... but thanks for your input and if you were of morning popsy to ashes, Bros, do it the right way o shocked shocked

I should have said, near enough zero cost.Cost should not exceed 1k.
What is the right way for cremation, the burning is the end result nah(dust2dust ash2ash)!!!!
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I should have said, near enough zero cost.Cost should not exceed 1k.
What is the right way for cremation, the burning is the end result nah(dust2dust ash2ash)!!!!

Let me guess you suggestion is that you wanna gather firewood and lay your popsy on it and shower the body with gas or kerosine and light it? I don't see that as look my chairman, I don't how the funeral homes does it but I am sure it is dome with some dignity for the dead....
Bros, you dey vex no be small Oh.

But I won't do that to my old man sha, even if we never get along jooo, it is not his wish....

Besides once all is done, would you feed the people to celebrate good life lived by popsy....
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
More information needed . . .
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by olamydey(f): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
When I saw this topic in September... I just flipped through, had a little laugh and whispered God forbid. Unfortunately, I lost my father on Christmas day. Please can we waken this thread up, I need all the comfort and guidance as we plan his burial. cry @rocktation
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
olamydey:
When I saw this topic in September... I just flipped through, had a little laugh and whispered God forbid. Unfortunately, I lost my father on Christmas day. Please can we waken this thread up, I need all the comfort and guidance as we plan his burial. cry @rocktation

Sorry to hear this and pray that God will comfort you all and give you all it takes to bear the loss.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Rocktation(f): 2:40am On Dec 30, 2015
olamydey:

Aww, sorry about this. Stay strong, brother.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by martyns200(m): 6:14am On Dec 30, 2015
olamydey:

when this thread came up, I flipped through as well unfortunately I lost my dad Nov 5th(a day to my mums birthday) and within one month we gave him a befitting burial (Dec 4th). anyway he passed on at the age of 80 and I thank God for his life. Am so sorry about your loss, may God comfort u and those he left behind, be strong.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
martyns200:

when this thread came up, I flipped through as well unfortunately I lost my dad Nov 5th(a day to my mums birthday) and within one month we gave him a befitting burial (Dec 4th). anyway he passed on at the age of 80 and I thank God for his life. Am so sorry about your loss, may God comfort u and those he left behind, be strong.

So help do justice to the thread with your experience and list all needed and cost to be able to guide others . . .
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by olamydey(f): 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
He died at 69. He so much anticipated his 70th birthday.
I'm still in shock.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by martyns200(m): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2015
olamydey:
He died at 69. He so much anticipated his 70th birthday.
I'm still in shock.

Am so so sorry, accept my sincere apologies once again
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by martyns200(m): 12:56am On Dec 31, 2015
Fhemmmy:

So help do justice to the thread with your experience and list all needed and cost to be able to guide others . . .

definetly would do, just need to dig up where I kept the list I wrote, would create time to post all that's needed
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2015
martyns200:

definetly would do, just need to dig up where I kept the list I wrote, would create time to post all that's needed

Awesome
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by olamydey(f): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Any update?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by martyns200(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2016
olamydey:
Any update?

sorry been busy, budget at least 1.5-2m, would update breakdown before the end of this week. sorry for the delay
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by olamydey(f): 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Buzz

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Chiderad(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2017
greatgod2012:
@Fhemmy, long time.

To be honest with you, i dont do funeral parties. What i believe to be funeral is getting casket and burying in ground. It's not about religion but of personal principle and ideology.

I would rather use the money for such celebrations to touch the lives of less privileges ones in the name of my dead beloved ones, like giving out scholarships to orphans, empowering the poor and the needy ones, visiting orphagnage homes, paying bills of sick one, etc., in his/her name. I personally believe that such acts is more rewarding than all those unnecessary merry-merry.

Anyway, each to his own.

If you are from the east, it is not that easy.

There's a lot that's attached to it and primarily it is the culture that takes the front bunner.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by jonvalek(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2019
Bro I was in the same boat as you then. I just lost my dad 7days ago, and now am stuck. With no job, no money, no nothing, am in Hell. I would have dug a grave and bury him without problem, but as a man that has extended family in the village, I'll be doomed for my actions. Though have gotten the go ahead to bury him here in Lagos, but I gat no cash to do nothing. The petty 35k job am doing can't even afford a casket. Though few family members are gonna contribute but me as a 1st son now (Lost the original 1st years back), must contribute too. Please you've passed this stage and am sure your experience matters, to your knowledge, what do you rate the estimate of your fathers burial/funeral? And if money is being raised up to 350k, how would you decimate it for my Father's burial/funeral, without incurring any much debt? Please house, your opinion counts too. Thanks.

olamydey:
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by jonvalek(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2019
Bro I was in the same boat as you then. I just lost my dad 7days ago, and now am stuck. With no job, no money, no nothing, am in Hell. I would have dug a grave and bury him without problem, but as a man that has extended family in the village, I'll be doomed for my actions. Though have gotten the go ahead to bury him here in Lagos, but I gat no cash to do nothing. The petty 35k job am doing can't even afford a casket. Though few family members are gonna contribute but me as a 1st son now (Lost the original 1st years back), must contribute too. Please you've passed this stage and am sure your experience matters, to your knowledge, what do you rate the estimate of your fathers burial/funeral? And if money is being raised up to 350k, how would you decimate it for my Father's burial/funeral, without incurring any much debt? Please house, your opinion counts too. Thanks.

Burial/Funeral is scheduled tone 29th-30th of August 2019. Time is short for me, and your quick response would really help. I don't mind a donations to support my ministry. Thanks again my people.
Re: What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
jonvalek:

Burial/Funeral is scheduled tone 29th-30th of August 2019. Time is short for me, and your quick response would really help. I don't mind a donations to support my ministry. Thanks again my people.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father, may the memory of good times overcome the pain . . .So how far have you gone with raising the fund, How much is the casket gonna be? Not easy to be the first child oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Two Nairalanders' Introduction Ceremony. / My Wedding Pictures. / Explorers, A Nairalander's Wedding In Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.