Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (40578 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Pls Help, Am Begining To Regret Ever Giving Out 6yrs Of My Life To Education / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 09, 2015
menix:

What if d light frm the other end of the tunnel is that of a train?

Werey

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2015
menix:

So if he gets up now to go learn ur presumed tailoring, welding etc is that 4 to 5yrs not a waste since he ain't getting younger..

Wat is the possibility of building his own storey building nd cruising a four wheel drive in another 2yrs..

Education in nigeria is jst over hyped...

My brother I can perceive your desire is to make fast money just like fraudsters,ritualist,robbers,kidnappers just try it and you will be seeing Your maker very soon in life do not go fast money it will lead you to an early grave pursue slow money it will build you a career. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by ahmg001(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=TastyTuoyo post=37816316]

A fraudster has a brighter future? what is a bright future? A fraudster can never have a bright future because sooner or later he will be behind bars but a Graduate with prayer , determination and perseverance those times of trekking in the baking weather from one interview to another will be in the past when he finally secures that job and will be driving a fully air conditioned car. So tell me who has a brighter future now?[/quote
sit down 4 dea. yahoo yahoo guys ds daes av more prosperous future dn most of d so cald graduates
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Alvanify(m): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2015
Well some jobless boys who lived in my street those days i was in school chasing a career are now traveller, using expensive cars, and can afford rent in estates,others building bungalow and completing their parents uncompleted building, getting married and raising capital to do business of their choice, and our so called girls dance to their tune. Is that not a yahoo boys having a brighter future and a graduate still looking for job to raise capital for something better or to sustain?

What about a chemist friend i used to know those days who was serving a boss,2years ago he got his freedom and settlement and after two years he is doing well and has two shops now.

So what is the faith of a Nigerian graduate without capital and good father?

Do you realise most of those with job in the country are not the best but they are there due to man know man.

Everyday we see vacancy adverts,all that are just to keep record that the company in question employed that year, the insiders has done the underground job already, some will call for test and assessment a lot of people will appear,write test and go,but they have already selected those they know. Only few are real.

8 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Alvanify(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2015
And don't get me wrong im not saying you should go join yahoo but you and i know it's reality here. grin
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Symphony007: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2015
Just because someone who leant a handwork got lucky in life and is a success you regret going to school? Pathetic, okay! My brothers friend also dropped out of school to learn a handwork and is dead broke today, always begging money from my brother who is now a line head in Nigerian LNG. Life is neither hear nor there so you have to learn not to judge things on face value. Work hard and soon your time will come!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2015
Academic Education does not guarantee success in life. Academic Education is a navigator that will help you recognize opportunities when you see them. And when you recognize the opportunities, it takes wisdom to take advantage of them. Wisdom is intelligence internalized. You can be intelligent in any department in life, but not successful. But the ability to internalize your intelligence and integrate the experiences into real life scenes is the wealth creation principles. Implementation of the wealth creation principles is what makes a man constantly rich.

Unfortunately for most graduates, they misunderstand these purposes of getting Academic Education, they assume that academic education and certifications will make them rich, ofcourse it can, but you will remain an employee and dependent on stipends from employers. It takes more than academic knowledge to be a boss. IQ is great, but there is no guarantee that it can make you greater than others. But EIQ is greater, this is what separates CEOs of multinationals from CEOs of small businesses.

Enough of this french.

OP, let me break it down. If your interest is to find money, your responsibility is to hunt for cash where ever it might be. But if your interest has always been looking for a job, then you are myopic like millions of others.

I told my beautiful wife, she was my girlfriend then. When she said that I need to keep applying for a better 'work'. I told her, I am done working. A graduate with BSc working hard and getting paid 25,000 a month on a field that I didnt study in school. I studied Industrial Chemistry, but I was working some job that was more of accounting and I had to research a lot to meet up. When she said I need a better work, or job. I made up my mind that what I need is money NOT work. I resigned and acted as if I am not a graduate at all. I looked for Cash money, I looked deep, I was hungry many times and its a tough world. But I am better than I would have been on any paid job. Within 7 years of leaving a salaried job; I am worth about $1m in non-fluid assets.

Think money, not jobs. You can ask; How can I make money without a job ? The answer is.....You are at it. Think outside the box.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2015
BiafranNigerian:
Academic Education does not guarantee success in life. Academic Education is a navigator that will help you recognize opportunities when you see them. And when you recognize the opportunities, it takes wisdom to take advantage of them. Wisdom is intelligence internalized. You can be intelligent in any department in life, but not successful. But the ability to internalize your intelligence and integrate the experiences into real life scenes is the wealth creation principles. Implementation of the wealth creation principles is what makes a man constantly rich.

Unfortunately for most graduates, they misunderstand these purposes of getting Academic Education, they assume that academic education and certifications will make them rich, ofcourse it can, but you will remain an employee and dependent on stipends of employers. It takes more than academic knowledge to be a boss. IQ is great, but there is no guarantee that it can make you greater than others. But EIQ is greater, this is what separates CEOs of multinationals from CEOs of small businesses.

Enough of this french.

OP, let me break it down. If your interest is to find money, your responsibility is to hunt for cash where ever it might be. But if your interest has always been looking for a job, then you are myopic like millions of others.

I told my beautiful wife, she was my girlfriend then. When she said that I need to keep applying for a better 'work'. I told her, I am done working. A graduate with BSc working hard and getting paid 25,000 a month on a field that I didnt study in school. I studied Industrial Chemistry, but I was working some job that was more of accounting and I had to research a lot to meet up. When she said I need a better work, or job. I made up my mind that what I need is money NOT work. I resigned and acted as if I am not a graduate at all. I looked for Cash money, I looked deep, I was hungry many times and its a tough world. But I am better than I would have been on any paid job. Within 7 years of leaving a salaried job; I am worth about $1m in non-fluid assets.

Think money, not jobs. You can ask; How can I make money without a job ? The answer is.....You are at it. Think outside the box.

Wow... this your story is motivational...nice one sir.

Another thing I've noticed is lack of patience.... many youths who go into business want to make it big within a short period but in reality it doesn't work that way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2015
We all went to school because our parent told us that without the University degree we will be nobody in the society.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by DrObum(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
You can't be regretting going to school if you actually understand that you went to have your eyes opened and exposed and not just to learn to read and write.

Don't be swayed by business and the rest of them, even though if you can, be an entrepreneur.

Being educated was never a guarantee for riches.

The glory of education and the fruits of it thereof is in the later days!

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by sarutobie(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
this here is a hard hitting real talk...

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jackpot(f): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
patience is the key. I walked that route before

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by DonTim1: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2015
vilight:
the hardest thing in life is learning to stop comparing ourselves to others. if u can do this congratz because u have just closed the door to sorrow, regret and many other negative emotion
our path in life are different, our destiny, hope and dream can be linked to us only.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by encryptjay(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2015
lonelydora:
A times, I regret studying Engineering. Not that I'm not doing well but for some personal reasons.
Hello, wanna send you an email.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by freedom96: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2015
vfactor:
University education is over rated, especially when u don't study any practical or professional course like engineering, law and medicine (not all engineering courses apply sef). With a good/sound basic education (primary and secondary) and profitable trade, one can survive and live well.
Chemical enginnering,civil engineering and electrical apply?If yes,Which among them do u think is more profitable?
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nnemuka(f): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Nigeria is doomed...
10 years from now, Nigerian graduates will lament more than this with the way the Dullard is running the affairs of the country.
More rich people are sending their kids abroad to study, so they can live abroad and work there too.

The average Igbo man sends his kids to school and also makes sure he learns other skills especially Business skills that is why majority still graduate and do business.
Learn from todays mistake and make sure you allow your child master something asides what school certificate gives him.

4 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by canalily(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
You know whatundecided as living souls death is a common destiny buh we are all not destined to die at the same time. Its pathetic buh tym for enjoyment is coming dnt regret scholing
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
ok...
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by tunde1200(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
guy this is not a laughing mater.!

jazinogold:
grin
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Osisie(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2015
School is a fucking waste of time. I swear down, once u can read, write n speak good English, u're good to go.

4 years in the university is not a ticket to success. Find ur passion and chase it early.

My friends who didn't go to school are already breaking into the music industry, while I sit daily and watch my career/talent drown. I hate school.

The other day, my friend who started a car wash was showing me his acc balance. 1.4million. Plus 3 land properties. And a Hummer bus. I almost ran mad. He's just 22. Me, dey here dey pursue degree.

Abeg, school is a fucking waste of time!

My dad was the best in sch. Todat, he's struggling. That man is a gifted artist. At his old age, he's just chasing his dreams. Going to stage exhibitions in his late 50s. Yet, they force us to sch. I've got passion for other things. But, sch wastes ur time, by d time u're finally out, all u can think of is gettin a job. No more abt chasing ur dream.

10 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by tunde1200(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2015
yes oo.

sarutobie:

this here is a hard hitting real talk...

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by tolexy007(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2015
jazinogold:
grin
did you find this funny angry angry angry angry angry angry angry or you are just booking a space angry angry
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Truckpusher(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

Your problem is that you went to school and thinking that the govt must get you a job.

Your friend learnt a trade and you equally learnt a trade too by going to school ,but you have refused to put yours into works and start up something no matter how small and ridiculous it might look and someday and just somehow you'll get there.

There is no more free meal even in Freetown, move your ass and make that school fees count.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

First class looking for a 90k job to survive? Grow up you ought to know better
You think it doesn't happen in Nigeria? Wake up

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by slap1(m): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2015
Last December I was invited by a secondary school classmate to his house in PH. He has a very nice bungalow, the other drives a Honda Pilot with branches of his shops scattered all over the region. I felt intimidated. Even his workers earned more than I did (then).
It's a crazy country. And you waste extra year or more because of NYSC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
BiafranNigerian:

Unfortunately for most graduates, they misunderstand these purposes of getting Academic Education, they assume that academic education and certifications will make them rich, ofcourse it can, but you will remain an employee and dependent on stipends of employers. It takes more than academic knowledge to be a boss. IQ is great, but there is no guarantee that it can make you greater than others. But EIQ is greater, this is what separates CEOs of multinationals from CEOs of small businesses.

Enough of this french.

Nice as long as it's not GNLD
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Envy is a serious sin before God and man

Repent from it, Word hard and pray to God for his blessings.

God will bless you if you stop envy but start having faith that your education will bring wealth.

Beside money is not only the benefits of education.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by anwo247: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2015
If you're a graduate seeking for a job for more than one year, your education is questionable.

A degree is a knowledge that is meant to conceptualize and create.

This is where that challenge comes. Start up, start up, and startups! Yes, not all startups were childhood dreams but some and majority ofcourse are your response to the environment. Yes, most of us embraced entrepreneurship when we cld not get the desired job...I personally didn't have to search for too long. Today, I'm a happy employer. The only job I will ever be interested in is either political office or political appointment.....don't give me a job now cos I won't even function so well.

Be reminded that, before starting up, I had a followership, not job per se, for like 2 years just to be experienced in the specific knowledge and art of the businsess/profession. This time, your pay if any may not be desirable. That followership helps you avoid the much dreaded pitfalls.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by terrymason(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Souljaboi1:

I do not mean to sound condescending, but if you spent 4-5 years in a University despite hearing stories of the situation in the labour market; I don't understand why you are regretting your actions now.

I believe you were hopeful that you would achieve something great with your degree after leaving school, well now that you're out you shouldn't lose hope. The struggles might be hard at first, but with determination and conscious efforts, you'll get through.

However, if you decide that regret is what you would engage yourself in now instead of taking the bull by the horn; then I have no pity for you.

You make it seem like everyone who goes to learn a trade makes it big. There is something called destiny, believing in it while doing the best you possible can would help you live a life with less regret.
bros @ d bold is very powerful! Some folkz didn't even learn work/ go to school but they are there.. like my elder bro friend that graduated with pass(hnd) is heading is department in a brewery, the truck he bought is been manage by a graduate with(upper)! This life get as he be sha.. in short check esau and Jacob in the bible then you know What is DESTINY!

4 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Justicealh3(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
Lazy.....
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by otabuko(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

If I lie make i die... I dey feel exactly same way.... Passed out February 2015....this is September.... No job at hand.... I dey even learn sowing now.... E dey pain me joor ...

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Vicoxela: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2015
All fingers are not equal wait for your turn and pray to God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now / 2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.