Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Jonathan Tel Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jonathan Tel Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize (1143 Views)

The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. / CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Commonwealth Short Prize / The 2016 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entry- Apply Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Tel Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize by slap1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jonathan Tel is the overall winner of the 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize with his story ‘The Human Phonograph’.
Five regional winners were selected from nearly 4,000 entries. ‘The Human Phonograph’, the winning entry for Canada and Europe, was selected by the judges as the overall winner. In an interview to mark his win, Jonathan says, “I think of the short story, along with all the other stories that were regional winners, as existing as it were alongside each other, having a sort of genial conversation, stories interacting and remarking to each other.” You can listen in on this conversation and sample the various stories that enriched this year’s Prize by following this link to the other regional prize winning stories.
http://www.commonwealthwriters.org/jonathan-tel-winner-2015-short-story-prize/
Re: Jonathan Tel Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize by slap1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
I was fervently hoping Nneka Arima would win. But all the same, she has made a name for herself and made Nigeria proud.

(1) (Reply)

My Life As A School Boy / ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly / Intermission Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.