Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37645 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Admiral49(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
ONLY GOD CAN HELP U, JUST PRAY 4 HER N LOVE HER STIL, ONE DAY SHE GO CHANGE 4 GUD. use GOD'S WISDOM N UNDERSTANDING. Dont tink abt divorce cos marriage is 4eva til death.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by koife(m): 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Did u guys actually do courtship
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Spydamannn(m): 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Don't marry if you can't provide financial security for your Wife
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Just 10 months old and fire is already on the mountain? Mehn, how did my mum and dad marry and stayed together for almost 60yrs now?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by zomoears(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
richommie:
Obviously she's a gold digger.

The only way to know a good and trustworthy woman is by appearin poor
When the money comes beetch gets closer

#Yolo

Very sensible post...would v sounded better without d use of d "b" word.

Only way to know who loves u for real is to appear broke. Her true colors will shine thru in difficult times.

A friend of mine, a banker, was suspended pending investigation of an alleged fraud.guy man sold one of his cars, set up a shop, and tried to make ends meet. After 7 months of no banker's salary, his wife took off with d 2 kids. He was recalled last month, and now d wife wants to return. If na you, wetin u go do?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by sirugos(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
Brother U are in heaven dear.... Is better u have a woman who shows u her real character than a pretender. Ignore her rude xcher one day she must change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by SmartMugu: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
I think it's like that for every woman. I don't think it has anything to do with her being a gold digger. OP, you would agree that you also get frustrated whenever you just got paid and all your income is gone in a matter of days. In this case, you may have been a more mature person dealing with days ahead without any money.

Even if you married her when you had nothing, if she gets too used to not needing anything for a long time, it may be difficult for her to adjust when you're broke.

I know it may not be easy, but just calm her down. Let her know you're doing your best and that her nagging wouldn't help your mental state at all. If she can get supplementary income to support by finding a job as well, that will go a long way in keeping your home together.

If there are extravagant spendings in the home, you and her may want to slow down with that at the moment and focus on the needs.

Finally, don't forget to save for rainy days when your income rolls in again.
All the best bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Tisong(m): 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
My advisesad1) NEVER GET BROKE GUY... 2 avoid her nags... (2) never allow her 2 knw ur worth again.. Do these n u will enjoy ur marriage 4eva

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by BRIGHTTAZ: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nag back to her now. or what else do want?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Tisong(m): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
My advisesad1) NEVER GET BROKE ... 2 avoid her nags... (2) never allow her 2 knw ur worth again.. Do these n u will enjoy ur marriage 4eva
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nicepoker:
work harder.. if that doesn't work out. send her packing
SEE YOU undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by labamo07(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Some kids are here again. Anyway, your courtship has raised a question. One key factor is missing and that's "Understanding", it plays a vital role in every relationship when love not to seem to be working. You scenario is not unusual in such an early marriage. It's either she is pregnant or she is not working. This is public post, could have said more. FYI, I have been into similar shoe of income wahala but found my way out in my marriage. .........
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
yanabasee:
Op.... I wouldn't say much... As you've clearly put it.. She's not happy with the marriage... If you dig deep.. You'll noticed that, the man she would've married is still communicating with her, perhaps, telling her how he's doing too well and how he's sitting untop of money and how she's missing out.
You have to study your wife.. And you have to scold her if need be... You have to keep love aside and scold her severely to know that you're the man of the house... These kind of wives will leave you or even divorce you, if you lose your job...
Just play a prank on her... Design a Sack/Termination letter and show her.. And she will leave u with few months.
You actually married a woman dat will not be able to stick with you when things get rough... And what is she even doing at home? Can't she work?

Op hope u re reading this...
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Tisong:
My advisesad1) NEVER GET BROKE GUY... 2 avoid her nags... (2) never allow her 2 knw ur worth again.. Do these n u will enjoy ur marriage 4eva
IN SOME CERTAIN STAGE OF LIFE, YOU MUST SURELY DEY BROKE.

YOU PEOPLE TEND TO MISTAKE BROKE FROM POVERTY.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by NICOGRAVITY: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Stop being BROKE.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake

Nigerians ehn, you no get dictionary for phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by sulmeza(m): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
entice..
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by CHYMZZY(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Two things that define people in life is their PATIENCE when they have NOTHING and their ATTITUDE when they have SOMETHING..
So bro is either your wife is an ingrid or a gold minner.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Marriage scares the shit out of me!!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bettercreature(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
awesomesossy:
my sincere advice.....neva go broke[center][/center] grin
That is not possible,sometimes you invest all your money on businesses and even lend from bank,its simply not possible not to get broke
That lady is normal the OP just have to live with it

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
richommie:
Obviously she's a gold digger.

The only way to know a good and trustworthy woman is by appearin poor
When the money comes beetch gets closer

#Yolo
bros! Sometimes this thing no dey work ohh. She go even follow you play that play ohh even play the script as if na she write am.
Nowadays women don wise up ohh, them too dey do deep research about that person too.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nicepoker(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
sonofananimal:
SEE YOU undecided

yes na me
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by soggy28(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
This is nt a problem dat is beyond ordinary in every young marriage.my wife does dat atimes bt i usually reacted by first keeping quiet n den throw up som jokes n we both laugh over dat n dat settles d matter.
U can devise ur own strategy as no two situations are d same.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Poseidon000: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
zomoears:

Very sensible post...would v sounded better without d use of d "b" word.

Only way to know who loves u for real is to appear broke. Her true colors will shine thru in difficult times.

A friend of mine, a banker, was suspended pending investigation of an alleged fraud.guy man sold one of his cars, set up a shop, and tried to make ends meet. After 7 months of no banker's salary, his wife took off with d 2 kids. He was recalled last month, and now d wife wants to return. If na you, wetin u go do?

[size=13pt]
Get custody of my kids and dump her.

I will never advice an enemy after my life, to accept her.
[/size]
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by dammytosh: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
it is normal when one mistakenly marry a GOLD DIGGER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by debaj10: 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Na wa o.
We all come here to give 'advice' on one side of a (likely fictitious) story.
Abi una no get work?!
Is the OP an orphan? No parents, siblings, relations, friends, colleagues, even his IN-LAWS to talk to, na nairaland him wan use solve him marital problems?
Is it idiocy, or simply a lack of imagination?
Who knows how you sweet-talked her into marriage? Or how much you earn, what promises you made, what her and her family's financial background are?
Did you meet her at a bar or church, propose and get married in a week?
Of all her friends, family members, work colleagues, maybe even neighbours, you no see anybody tell dis matter, na for public forum you come dey spread your dirty linen?
Abi pastor miss from una wedding?
Even whirlwind romance dey get many witnesses, na hia u cari ur mata com, a hole hed of famili?
And you dey wonda y she dey nag u?!
You must be a womanwraparous niny.
no let me use vex scata dicshunari for hia o!
beta go and beg God for forgiveness, for dis nonsense topic wey u cari com hia. abi na u fest mari?
Shuo.
gerarahia.
bunkum.

And for the rest of you on Nairaland, especially the mods-
Nigeria is sinking like a lead pipe, but this is what you bring to front page, instead of threads than can help us think of ways to solving the calamity that's about to befall us?!
Oh, judgement.
Oh, the humanity.
SMH...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by refreshrate: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
GHoJes:
I'm not exonerating your wife, it is often said there's a reason for 'her' nagging.

From what you put up there i can deduce she nags because you are not good with managing finances, may be you are the type that must spend as long as the money is there unless you want to confidently tell me you married an insane woman.

From my screen, you dont speak of being responsible, much more to your wife who is close to your skin. The lifestyle you have up there says your pay is not so bad yet you are always broke, people who earn less are managing better. Why is it that you guys have get to the point of recurrently waiting for the next pay like your life will stop if it dosen't come in the next one week? You dont have savings, investments, future financial security in case of the unforeseen and you say your wife should not fear for the remaining days of her life from what she has seen these ten months.

She may have food to eat but just decide to rub the "brokeness" in your face to see if it will make you sit up. Man, you are no longer a bachelor that can live only for today, you have to make your family financially secure. Seek ways to improve on your financial management and stop using the word broke more than the jobless or a student. If your wife is better with management, keep ego aside and let her do the managing. Also assist her to get any small job or business. You get work, e be like this, naim be say you for run comot house if you and her no get anything.

Anybody here that can confidently tell me his salary runs from one pay day to the other please raise your hand.

OP you know what the issue is? Your wife no see better issue to quarrel about and since its in their nature something must give.

You want peace? Get a soji friend who is female and tell her what youre trying to achieve. Both of you establish an online affair for chat purposes. Let this go on for about a week of heavy convos be as descriptive as can be.

Then get your wife to see you chatting on the phone laughing like a teenager falling in love for the first time while you do this especially when shes in her nagging mode.

Guard your phone seriously

continue this for about four more days, keep a few late nights, you know the drill then one day 'mistakenly' leave the phone for her with enough time to read the messages.

When she confronts you be cool about the whole thing like you dont give a damn how you feel and its your life so youre entitled to live it how you like.

Never reveal to her it was all in a bid to reset her thinking at the end of the whole process. You see she needs to understand that shes not safe and that would put her on edge so much she will never remember to nag about being broke again

Thank me later.

All this talk about leaving the house when shes nagging blah blah blah, after paying the rent or after she does? Hain! Make i hear word.
Try this my approach youll be glad you did.

You cant be too nice with them o, like someone said earlier probably one of her former suitors is stressing her telling her he owns three out of the seven wonders of the world.

Shatter her foundation then rebuild it the way you want it. Its because she knows youre a nice guy

All the best

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by redcliff: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:

Just 10months. Braceup ma niccur. The tsumani hasnt arrived yet. Verdammt!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by kinibigdeal(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
bjprodint:

The spelling doesn't matter but the message. Though its "enticed"
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ekemini606: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Get her a job, maybe if she start earning keeps as adult she wld have value for whatever someone hands her.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by friendl: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Your wife should also go and look for a job ,unless maybe she is pregnant

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Did you get your wife based on money? as in when you were dating, were you always giving her gifts and money when she asks for them and also when she did not ask for them? If your answer was yes... then it would be extremely difficult to curb this behaviour, because she married you based on "he has money" mentality...

you have already set the wrong precedence.

This is the reason why I do NOT do relationship with ladies that are not employed or don't have an income producing business.

BRAVAGAD0O:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Don't Find My Wife Sexually Attractive. Please Help / Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.