Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April (8016 Views)

Poll: Who Wins this encounter?

Liverpool: 38% (15 votes)
Chelsea: 48% (19 votes)
Draw: 12% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 0) On 8th April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mukina2: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2009
[center][img]http://www.bari91.com/includes/functions/logo_thumb.php?image_file=images%2Fclubs%2F320.gif&height=100[/img] Vs [img]http://www.bari91.com/includes/functions/logo_thumb.php?image_file=images%2Fclubs%2F261.gif&height=100[/img][/center]

Liverpool will be licking their lips in anticipation grin ,They are home to Chelsea in an all England quarter final clash. The two clubs are also running neck and neck for the Premier League title where they are separated by just 3 points in the table. They will meet in the Champions League knockout round for the fourth time in the last five seasons. All their meeting so far very too close to call and we expect another very interesting clash. Both teams have raised their form in the last few weeks and confidence is high in both camps.

Liverpool started the league in impressive form then took a dip in form, They eliminated Real madrid by a superb 5-0 win on aggregate  and then proceeded  to beat Man United, Aston Villa and Fulham. Their hopes for their first ever domestic  league title is still very high as they are still very much in the race.Captain Steven Gerrard will be fit to play after shaking off a minor injury, but Javier Mascherano is suspended, thus Lukas could partner Alonso in the centre of the park. Aurelio and Riera will return to the starting line-up, whereas Insua and Dossena will be dropped to the bench. Fernando Torres will play as a lone striker, while Gerrard will provide support from midfield.

Chelsea have suffered a real revival under Guss Hiddink and the Blues are on the verge of making this season a success after all. The team won eight out of the ten games ever since the new manager took over. The  return of  Essien was also a big boost. Drogba and Anelka had worked so well in attack, but at least one of them was on the sidelines in the last few weeks and that was a minor problem. This looks set to continue as Anelka did recover from injury, but Drogba remains a major doubt after picking up an ankle injury in training. This problem with strikers will definitely blunt Chelsea’s attack, but their defence remain as solid as ever. The Blues have conceded just one goal in the last three games and they will try to continue the good record in this match. Bane Ivanovic replaced injured Bosingwa in the last league match and considering that Bosingwa is likely to miss this game as well, Ivanovic could keep his place in the starting line-up, although Belletti is another option.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by allboyz(m): 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2009
L'pool 3 - 1 Chelsea lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by switch47(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2009
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN CONVINCINGLY-------i pray luck wont be against them-------if all things being equal   i see

LIVERPOOL       5    CHELSEA      -   0      grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Ikbobby(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
tongue liverpool 2-2 chelsea
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mykali(m): 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2009
mukina2:

Chelsea have suffered a real revival under Guss Hiddink and the Blues are on the verge of making this season a success after all. The team won eight out of the ten games ever since the new manager took over. The  return of  Essien was also a big boost. Drogba and Anelka had worked so well in attack, but at least one of them was on the sidelines in the last few weeks and that was a minor problem. This looks set to continue as Anelka did recover from injury, but Drogba remains a major doubt after picking up an ankle injury in training. This problem with strikers will definitely blunt Chelsea’s attack, but their defence remain as solid as ever. The Blues have conceded just one goal in the last three games and they will try to continue the good record in this match. Bane Ivanovic replaced injured Bosingwa in the last league match and considering that Bosingwa is likely to miss this game as well, Ivanovic could keep his place in the starting line-up, although Belletti is another option.

@mukiii
i see you still have problems with pre-match analysis . . . grin
1. we cannot  be suffering under a revival. we are enjoying it.
2. Drogba will be fit for the match on wednesday. team news.

as for the match . . . i am so happy we wount have to suffer jetlag travelling out of England to play, plus, Anfield is kinda our home away from home and we'll be motivated to perform under the roaring crowd at Anfield.
my predictions for the match woulda been a goaless draw but there is very likely to be some goals in the match. i pray they all go into the Kopite's net though.  grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Olaolufred(m): 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
Mykali,
You are a loyal fan of sepe. I know you must have been under the anointing of sepe
before your predictions.
Wait till wednesday night and see your sepe team turn to another real madrid.
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Ibime(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2009
mykali:

@mukiii
i see you still have problems with pre-match analysis . . . grin
1. we cannot  be suffering under a revival. we are enjoying it.

lol. . . . . Muki don suffer. . . .

I wonder if these moderators have to type out these pre-match analyses themselves. . . . they are doing a bloody poor job of it  grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mykali(m): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2009
@olodofred

please kindly tell me what ''sepe'' means. i am a fan of Chelsea F C and so
 i dont know what the heck your'e talking about

@ibime

i wonder why they even bother.  grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mukina2: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2009
Una both can sue me tongue

Like i care? grin

As long as its not Arsenal , i cant be bothered tongue

Mykali
where Lucia? grin grin cheesy
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by khanye(m): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
• Chelsea have not won any of their last six away matches in the UEFA Champions League, while Liverpool are unbeaten in five home meetings with Chelsea and won the last Anfield encounter 2-0 in February thanks to Fernando Torres goals after 89 and 90 minutes.

• Liverpool have won four of six previous two-legged contests against English sides in UEFA club competition. In addition to their UEFA Champions League successes against Arsenal FC in last season's quarter-finals and those Chelsea ties, they beat Tottenham Hotspur FC on away goals in the 1972/73 UEFA Cup semi-finals following a 2-2 aggregate draw.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by bgees(m): 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2009
Liverpool to go through at the end of the two legs. But only God knows why Mascherano foolishly collected his second yellow against R.madrid. I just hope Lucas plays very well.

I'm sure drogba will be having sleepless nights ,he is surely going to face his nemesis- Martin Skrtel-the best defender ever manufactured since Jaap Stam.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by MrCrackles(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
I can smell a draw all over this one! cheesy
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by switch47(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
Liverpool all the way. chelsea to lose heavily like the tiny club they are .
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by DaJunta(m): 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
[size=18pt]LIVERPOOL WIN[/size]
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by LuCiA2(f): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2009
@mukina2
Truely speaking you have a problem with pre match write-ups. they aren't worthy enough to be called analysis. But i dont think you care anyway, like you said.

@topic
My honest thoughts on this is that Chelsea 'might' lose at Anfield by a lone goal and then win the return fixture comprehensively. Its just a thought anyway, but i'm hoping we go thru to Barca or Munchen.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by allboyz(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2009
@Lucia. . . .aren't you a Chelsea fan? The L'pool form and tension swallowed you up like a flushed piece of shit in the toilet. .

L'pool to beat Chelsea by a lone goal? Hahaha, i laugh in Nupe,Tiv,Isoko,Ijebu,Ekiti,Swahili,And also in Arabic. . . .Chelsea go chop reach 3 nil.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Cristalz(f): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2009
@Ibime

If Mods do bloody poor jobs of pre-match analyses, why don't you do the proper job right after we do ours? Post your own fantastic analyses right after the one done by whichever mod if you really care, which I doubt grin
  Otherwise.  .  .ignore it and shhhh.

@Luc!a/ mykali tongue

The above piece for Ibime goes for you as well.

If you have nothing of value to contribute in terms of improving Muki's write-up, shut the hell up. At least she made an effort, which is a lot more than I can say about you.

By the way.  .  .Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by allboyz(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2009
BTW - And whats wrong with Pre Match analysis?

maybe its the game tension stil, the L'pool never mentioned anything wrong and i didnt find a fault either!
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by omogidi234(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2009
I hate both Chelsea and Liverpool. If trends are to be followed, Chelsea will nick this tie by the odd goal.

Liverpool1 Chelsea 2
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mukina2: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2009
Mykali Luc!a
What's with the foolishness? if you guys want to, like criz said, you can do your own 'excellent' piece, last time i read the rules it didn't say it was by force for anyone to click on a thread and it certainly didn't say its by force to post.

You can either avert your eyes , do a 'proper' one or simply shut up.

its not by force to post a comment.
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by abrahym(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2009
liverpool 1-1 chelsea,
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Ibime(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2009
Me thinks the mods are becoming too sensitive. Of course, the analysis is shite grin but wetin concern fish with raincoat?

Ma main problem is the number of sticky threads on this section. You have to scroll halfway down the page to find your club thread. Of course I do not mind the Arsenal vs Villareal type threads, but must we make Naija League and such threads sticky? I know the big boss is squeezing your proverbial balls, but can we have some democracy please? cool
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mykali(m): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ibime

lol. squeezing proverbial balls. . . ?grin

@criz/muki
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Cristalz:

@Luc!a/ mykali
mukina2:

Mykali Luc!a

what concerns me with what Lucia posted?   sad sad sad
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Udode(f): 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
grin grin grin

YES and I will be in Lagos watching it grin grin grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by LuCiA2(f): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
@moderators

hey. why do i sense hostility around here? grin

Cristalz:

@Luc!a/ mykali tongue
The above piece for Ibime goes for you as well.

If you have nothing of value to contribute in terms of improving Muki's write-up, shut the hell up. At least she made an effort, which is a lot more than I can say about you.

mukina2:

Mykali Luc!a
What's with the foolishness? if you guys want to, like criz said, you can do your own 'excellent' piece, last time i read the rules it didn't say it was by force for anyone to click on a thread and it certainly didn't say its by force to post.

You can either avert your eyes , do a 'proper' one[b] or simply shut up[/b].

as far as i can tell, my comment was the most harmless comment in the world.

LuC!A:

@mukina2
Truely speaking you have a problem with pre match write-ups. they aren't worthy enough to be called analysis. But i don't think you care anyway, like you said.

and cristalz, don't bug me about my spelling again if you spell ''anlyses'' that way. does your spell check button still work

and finally, why do you guys refer to me and mykali at the same time. the last time i checked i hardly know who he is . . . tongue
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Ibime(m): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
LuC!A:

and cristalz, don't bug me about my spellings again if you spell ''anlyses'' that way. does your spell check button still work

Calm down girl! Analyses is plural for analysis, and I used it before Cristalz so if ya diss Criz, ya dissing me.  cool

And yes, I do sense some hostility toward LUC1A & Blue-Diva. Whats up with that? Can Chelsea chicks get some love?  grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mykali(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
@Lucia

please, kindly explain to the mods that i didnt have any influence on your comment.
i love my place in nairaland a lot. if the mods decide to go BAN! BAN!! BAN!!! i dont wanna be a culprit. embarassed grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by LuCiA2(f): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
@Ibime

ooops. tongue my dictionary has some issues then. grin

mykali . . .

its a girlie thing. they actually thought me and Bluediva were the same person earlier on.
now they think i and u have a vendetta against them. maybe it was a mistake registering on nairaland. i should have just remained a guest. tongue
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by Meldrick(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
I can feel dissapointment wriiten on the faces of Liverpool supporters. I predict Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 1
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by harry2009(m): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2009
THE MATCH IS GOING TO BE DRAW AT ANFIELD AND CHELSEA WILL BEAT HELL OUT OF LIVERPOOL AT STANDFORD BRIDGE.
TRUE BLUES !!! CHELSEA 4 LIVE.
WE STILL DEY FLY HIGH.
grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by md4real(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2009
harry2009:

THE MATCH IS GOING TO BE DRAW AT ANFIELD AND CHELSEA WILL BEAT HELL OUT OF LIVERPOOL AT STANDFORD BRIDGE.
TRUE BLUES !!! CHELSEA 4 LIVE.
WE STILL DEY FLY HIGH.
grin grin grin grin

no make mouth too much o. me sef na chelsea fan but i they get small doubt for this match. all the chelsea will qualify
Re: UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April by mykali(m): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
Meldrick:

I can feel dissapointment wriiten on the faces of Liverpool supporters. I predict Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 1

grin grin grin

harry2009:

THE MATCH IS GOING TO BE DRAW AT ANFIELD AND CHELSEA WILL BEAT HELL OUT OF LIVERPOOL AT [b]STANDFORD BRIDGE. :PTRUE BLUES !!! CHELSEA 4 LIVE.
WE STILL DEY FLY HIGH.[/b] grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

you guyz must be sent from heaven. we need more of u inside here to tell some people that we aint scared to do some damage at Anfield.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 21st February 2015 / Manchester City Vs Burnley (5 - 0) On 28th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.